• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm spending $35000 on something I would expect a ton of information on what I'm getting. Put some more effort into it if you want any interest.

yeah unfortunately that's just not do-able for me. it would be a waste of my time to go start taking tons and tons of pictures and listing conditions of each thing. if i were to do that i might as well be putting it on ebay. honestly, i was a collector for a very long time and condition of all of these things is as close to perfect as can possibly be. i can't really get the scope across of all the things in this with pictures and words, it'd be better if a serious buyer had the cash and brought a truck with them. at that point they could look through whatever they wanted, hell spend a couple days going through stuff until they're satisfied. i don't have a problem with that.

the thing is I've got 3 kids and a 50 hour a week job. i don't have time to go through all this stuff I don't need and have never or will never use. worst comes to worst i will have to break it up and then donate what i can't sell but that would break my heart to divide this stuff.

wiibomb

yeah unfortunately that's just not do-able for me. it would be a waste of my time to go start taking tons and tons of pictures and listing conditions of each thing. if i were to do that i might as well be putting it on ebay. honestly, i was a collector for a very long time and condition of all of these things is as close to perfect as can possibly be. i can't really get the scope across of all the things in this with pictures and words, it'd be better if a serious buyer had the cash and brought a truck with them. at that point they could look through whatever they wanted, hell spend a couple days going through stuff until they're satisfied. i don't have a problem with that.

the thing is I've got 3 kids and a 50 hour a week job. i don't have time to go through all this stuff I don't need and have never or will never use.

as the world works, then I'm afraid nobody will ever buy you that.. it's not like I have 35.000 dollars to waste around without thinking.

may be as a suggestion, take pictures of everything and try to sell them individually as some things will be more attractive to some than others.

taking pictures of several things in a single picture is not something difficult, I mean, just a cellphone pic of a lot of things without much detail, that way if anyone sees something of interest, then ask by PM of a certain item condition.

of course I strongly suggest to try and sell them separately to anyone interested in a particular item, I'm quite sure nobody will spend so much money in a single buy

Want To Sell - Unwanted Bundle Code

4uck2eV.jpg

FIFA 16 XBox One £30
(Includes Loan Legends)

UK PAL

payment via paypal

Selling:

1. Destiny Taken King Code and Early Weapons Pack Code - Includes both Expansions. (PS4 or Xbox One)

Also included is the Early Access Weapons Pack.

$30 PP Gift

2. 20% off PSN Code - Expires 2/29/2016 - $10

3. PS4 20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 Controller - Brand New Unopened

$55 Shipped PP Gift

as the world works, then I'm afraid nobody will ever buy you that.. it's not like I have 35.000 dollars to waste around without thinking.

may be as a suggestion, take pictures of everything and try to sell them individually as some things will be more attractive to some than others.

taking pictures of several things in a single picture is not something difficult, I mean, just a cellphone pic of a lot of things without much detail, that way if anyone sees something of interest, then ask by PM of a certain item condition.

of course I strongly suggest to try and sell them separately to anyone interested in a particular item, I'm quite sure nobody will spend so much money in a single buy

people buy things everyday for much more than 35k, the magic of the internet is reaching all types of people and someone somewhere does have 35k and maybe they just want to fill a game room with collectible stuff, who knows. I suspect your right and I will have to break it up but I might as well give this a shot first, what do I have to lose?

Watevaman

people buy things everyday for much more than 35k, the magic of the internet is reaching all types of people and someone somewhere does have 35k and maybe they just want to fill a game room with collectible stuff, who knows. I suspect your right and I will have to break it up but I might as well give this a shot first, what do I have to lose?

Have those 3 kids of yours catalog the stuff while you work.

oo7

WTT

Anybody out there have a digital copy of Master Chief Collection?

Would be able to trade a digital copy of Sunset Overdrive if anybody is out there.

wiibomb

of course, I really doubt you will find someone so hasty to buy it in any case, but yeah, you might be quite lucky and find someone.

in any case, you could consider what I said before in case you don't find anyone

Soulflarz

Banned
gonna need a list on that 35k

no seriously.

No one is dropping $350 let alone $35000 on "varied games", its a grab bag from hell

Also this, please. If there was a chance to get something rare I wanted to play that I never got to (I'm really young for GAF) and it was at a reasonable price...yeah. :x

NoRéN

Positive feedback for Flandy

One of the most friendly people I've had the pleasure to deal with here. A real asset to this community.

have
collection of games/statues/etc

Going to be honest here, you're insane if you think anyone is going to pay that much for a grab bag or even drive out somewhere with a uhaul when you don't even care to show pictures of anything. It would be one thing if you actually had some complete sets for systems, but it sounds like a bunch of random games that you don't even know the value of. Whether it's here or ebay, people aren't going to want a bunch of random stuff for various systems, it either needs to be separated out and sold over time or you need to understand that you will never sell it as a bulk.

Selling:

1. Destiny Taken King Code and Early Weapons Pack Code - Includes both Expansions. (PS4 or Xbox One)

Also included is the Early Access Weapons Pack.

$30 PP Gift

2. 20% off PSN Code - Expires 2/29/2016 - $10

3. PS4 20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 Controller - Brand New Unopened

$55 Shipped PP Gift

I will take that destiny code off your hands. is this us/ntsc code and will work for taken king/house of wolve/dark below? also I need the ps4 one.

NeOak

WTS:

- 2x Fallout 4 Pip Boy edition for PC

- 1x Fallout 4 Pip Boy edition for PS4

Shipped from Amazon. Make an offer. Not looking to scalp these.

I take Amazon Gift Cards and PayPal. please cover the PayPal fees.

bjork

the thing is I've got 3 kids and a 50 hour a week job. i don't have time to go through all this stuff I don't need and have never or will never use. worst comes to worst i will have to break it up and then donate what i can't sell but that would break my heart to divide this stuff.

Back before they started giving people gold+++ ratings and whatnot on here, I sold through a fairly sizable collection in this thread, and I have to say from experience, that without any sort of details, you won't get any bites. Everyone's definition of rare tends to vary, as does everyone's idea of condition ratings.

It took me about six months longer to sell my stuff off than I had intended, and I did get bites on a couple of console lots, but I also listed what was there. Even if it takes you longer to unload things, it's worth your time to at least have a list of what's there, and you're likely to get more for it.

If you're adamant about selling it all at once, you'd probably have to go through ebay, which means taking photos anyway. I don't ever recall anyone here dropping that much at once on games, even some of the more insane buyers.

Back before they started giving people gold+++ ratings and whatnot on here, I sold through a fairly sizable collection in this thread, and I have to say from experience, that without any sort of details, you won't get any bites. Everyone's definition of rare tends to vary, as does everyone's idea of condition ratings.

It took me about six months longer to sell my stuff off than I had intended, and I did get bites on a couple of console lots, but I also listed what was there. Even if it takes you longer to unload things, it's worth your time to at least have a list of what's there, and you're likely to get more for it.

If you're adamant about selling it all at once, you'd probably have to go through ebay, which means taking photos anyway. I don't ever recall anyone here dropping that much at once on games, even some of the more insane buyers.

how much did you sell? how long did it take?

have
collection of games/statues/etc

want

pickup only, bring a uhaul.

You have zero feedback on this board and this looks like a Craigslist ad, minus the pictures. Why can't you take one photo, something to show you have the amount of stuff you do? You might have better luck on Craigslist, you already have everything typed up.

goldenpp72

It takes time. My collection is likely valued over 60k and growing, but I'd not even consider messaging a seller who isn't sending details and pics. Collectors care about condition and detail, shocking but true.

If I were you I'd consider trying to sale off systems individually, as example my genesis collection still needs about 100 games but I don't need a lot of the other stuff, I imagine lots of people who already have a lot on one system would be willing to nab lots of other stuff but don't want duplicates.

bjork

About 600 games, give or take. I want to say it was over the course of about 18 months or so? I did a few sales initially just to get used to the idea, then started unloading stuff in lots to get rid of it in chunks. Everyone was real nice and it was a good experience. I could've done better for myself and asking a bit more, but it's too late now.

ThisOne

WTS

PlayStation Vita. OLED model. Will include 16GB memory card and charging cord. Screen, body, and back touchpad have very few scratches. Includes original packaging and manuals as well.

Asking $125 shipped or best offer. Would prefer payment through PayPal. I will only ship to USA. PM me with offers or questions.

I need to see pictures of a 35k collection. I'm not saying you need detailed individual pictures, but give us some fucking wide shots of it all or something.

randome

Have (all PS3)
  • Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition for PS4 and PC
  • Dark Souls II
  • Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
  • Saints Row IV
  • Star Wars TFU
  • Spiderman 3
  • Ben 10 CD
  • Rayman Origins
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Bulletstorm

Want (all PS3)

• Dragon Ball Z games
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Offers
  • Money $$$

Soulflarz

Banned
I need to see pictures of a 35k collection. I'm not saying you need detailed individual pictures, but give us some fucking wide shots of it all or something.

I'm trying to think what could be in his described collection (assuming he typod 40/50 dreamcast games and does not actually own 4000+ of them :V) that could total $35k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom