• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, interested in FE:A, in anticipation of the new XL hitting the U.S., I am looking for this game to play on it as I missed it on my 2ds. PM me if you have something at a decent price. Thanks!

I dont see the reason for flaming D6AMIA6N even though i hate scalpers and never buy anything from them BUT many people sold PS4s and XOs at launch for high prices here.
It was not a problem than, why is it now?
I cant find the thread but this has been discussed before.
You should be angry over the companies IMHO not people taking advantage of these situations.

Mostly because of the edit. It was unprovoked, and what's more he openly admitted to buying them for the purpose of flipping. He's not giving "scalper pricing" -- he is a scalper, and one who feels he needs to justify himself, probably because he knows what he's doing is a dick move.

Istaerion

I dont see the reason for flaming D6AMIA6N even though i hate scalpers and never buy anything from them BUT many people sold PS4s and XOs at launch for high prices here.
It was not a problem than, why is it now?
I cant find the thread but this has been discussed before.
You should be angry over the companies IMHO not people taking advantage of these situations.

I don't recall a lot of people selling off those consoles at scalper prices, but I do admit I never really payed much attention to said console sales back then. Were they even in demand to the point where they were sold out and unable to be attained via retail?

Anyhow, the key factor here compared to other similar scalp listings is the fact that this user made it a point to blame people for not purchasing the item as it was made available without accounting for availability or finances. As someone mentioned... approaching your customer with contempt isn't exactly the best way of doing business let alone to a private community.

Saiyan-Rox

Positive Feedback to Afro for the gat outa hell code

EDIT: Code didn't work in my region. we weren't sure if this would happen or not since most steam keys are region free but in this case it wasn't. Refunded me without asking, sorry for any time wasting!

chuckycem

I don't recall a lot of people selling off those consoles at scalper prices, but I do admit I never really payed much attention to said console sales back then. Were they even in demand to the point where they were sold out and unable to be attained via retail?

Anyhow, the key factor here compared to other similar scalp listings is the fact that this user made it a point to blame people for not purchasing the item as it was made available without accounting for availability or finances. As someone mentioned... approaching your customer with contempt isn't exactly the best way of doing business let alone to a private community.

I am not trying to defend or accuse anybody. Yeah the edit was unprovoked, whatever..
Here is the thread about PS4 and XO scalpers:
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=724045

Glip_Glop

WTS

8GB DDR3 RAM $50 shipped anywhere in the lower 48

X4NyYhY.jpg

paolo11

WTS:

New/Sealed Samsung 850 Evo 1TB $380

New/Sealed Wii U GameCube adapter $45

New/Sealed Amiibos

x2 Pit, $25 each
x3 Diddy King, $9 each
x2 Pikachu, $9 each
x1 Kirby, $9 each
x1 Mario, $9 each
x2 Wii Fit Trainer, $25 each
x2 Samus, $9 each
x1 captain falcon, $9 each
x1 Fox, $9 each
x1 Zelda, $9 each
x2 Lil Mac, $25 each
x1 Link, $9 each
x1 Peach,$9 each
x1 Yoshi, $9 each
x1 Luigi $9 each

It's best if you buy more than one since shipping is $5, I ship USPS Priority and again they are all SEALED. PM me if interested GAF Gold

PM sent

D6AMIA6N

I have recived PM's regarding the pricing, hence my edit. I care about the NeoGaf community to the extent it cares for me. If these sell great, if not, that's alright too. I am not trying to make a living here. My asking price takes into consideration the cost of my time, and what I feel is an acceptable amount to make off selling these items. If there is little to no profit to be made, I will not waste my time. I am more then open to reasonable offers. Just being honest, sorry.

jayvo

Want to Sell: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 970 - $290 paypal gift

The card listed is this one on Newegg. I just bought a 144 Hz monitor and decided to go ahead and purchase a more powerful graphics card. I was actually planning on selling this card a few weeks ago but GAF talked me out of it. I bought this card from Newegg December 9th. So I've only had it for a little over one month.

Ultimadrago

WTS:

$5 Amazon Gift for $4 PayPal Gift

====

Selling: Hidamari Sketch Trading Figures Partial Set

fsfergpkdj.jpg

(Not my image, but an example of what they look like completed)

Gallery of the set:

http://minus.com/mb9kGHBlo4AlJ

$20 + Shipping for just the sealed figures (in United States 48)

Pastebin of the list: http://pastebin.com/eLS90CSx

*It is missing three of the outfits (The baton, White Flag and Napkin) and the box is notably damaged. All faces/characters are present and the figures themselves are untouched.

terrisus

+8 Buyer / +6 Seller

Have a bunch of stuff for sale here!
Section 1, some GB/GBC/GBA games
Section 2, some DC/PS1/PS2/GCN/Wii/DS games

P.S. Please be understanding with the fact that it may take me a day or two to get to the post office, since it's not walking distance and so I have to rely on my wife for transportation >.>

Canada, please add $9 shipping
Other countries, please get in touch with me on shipping.

Hey all. Have some GB/GBC/GBA games for sale!
Don't have prices for them, although have some general ideas on what I would like for things... but, feel free to make offers, and we can work something out!

Needless to say I can work out some deals for multiple purchases, but not looking to go too low on anything, so if a game isn't worth at least a few dollars to you, probably don't bother with it.
(Not trying to be rude, just trying to save people time and so I don't have to turn down too much)

Note: All of the games are cart-only. For most of them I've been the only owner of them, so I guarantee that they're authentic.

Anyway, here's what I have:

Gameboy:

Alleyway
Battletoads
Bonk's Adventure
Boxxle
Castlevania Adventure
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 3
Dr. Mario
F-1 Race
Game & Watch Gallery
Qix
Rolan's Curse
Solomon's Club
Space Invaders
Super Mario Land
Tetris
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Ultima: Runes of Virtue

Gameboy Color:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Bubble Bobble
Caesar's Palace 2
Centipede
Crystalis
Donkey Kong Country
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Galaga
Harvest Moon 2
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest
Marble Madness
Mario Tennis
Paperboy
Pokémon Trading Card Game
R-Type DX
Wario Land 3

Gameboy Advance:

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
ChuChu Rocket
CIMA: The Enemy
Drill Dozer
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings
Madagascar
Mario Pinball Land
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits
Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion
Phantasy Star Collection
Sega Arcade Gallery
Sega Smash Pack
Spyro 2: Season of Flame
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
The Lost Vikings

These I do have prices for, but I can be flexible with the prices/offer discounts for multiple purchases - so please don't hesitate to contact me =)

Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics 2 (NES) (Complete. Box and manual aren't in as great of condition, but they're there) - $20
Dragon Quest 9 (DS) (sealed) - $20
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - $25
Grandia 2 (with soundtrack CD!) (DC) - $40
Silver (no case) (DC) - $15
Record of Lodoss War (generic case, Hollywood Video imprint on disc) (DC) - $15
Evolution 2: Far Off Promise (no front on case) (DC) - $15
Time Stalkers (no front on case) (DC) - $10
Railroad Tycoon 2 (no case) (DC) - $10
ChuChu Rocket (DC) - $10
Phantasy Star Online: Version 2 (DC) - $10
Diablo (PS1) - $50
Azure Dreams (no front on case) (PS1) - $30
Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) - $15
Chrono Cross (Greatest Hits) (PS1) - $15
Sim Theme Park (PS1) - $10

PM me with offers! =)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't want it, don't buy it. Leave shame out of this. Let people list their shit however they want. Focus on buying and selling. The end.

WTS

Kinect for Xbox One - $75

GCN:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Disc Only, but comes with repro cover - $60

Gameboy - All CiB
Wario Land 1 - $40
Wario Land 2 - $20
Wario Land 3 - $20

Free shipping to USA on anything $20 and above. Will ship internationally, but you may to kick in a little extra to help out.

+7 Buyer / +8 Seller

maxcriden

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Leave shame out of this. Let people list their shit however they want. Focus on buying and selling. The end.

I agree, but only to a point. As a regular user of this thread, I think it's at its best as a place where the community can give and get good deals in order to sell what we want to, purchase what we're looking for, and foster a greater sense of community at GAF. Not to backseat mod at all, just my two cents. So when it comes to the point where there are people looking for eBay-level prices without the haircut those fees come with, it feels a bit out of place in this thread. Generally prices are sub-eBay at their highest here and I think negotiating is generally welcome, too. So anything far outside that standard, especially from people who are infrequent participants of the thread, can cast a bit of a pall over the proceedings here.

Selling BestBuy $248.95 giftcard for $235 OBO will pm code soon as payment is recieved Paypal or Amazon gc is accepted.Have done a few trades and buys on here hoping to do many more.

I agree, but only to a point. As a regular user of this thread, I think it's at its best as a place where the community can give and get good deals in order to sell what we want to, purchase what we're looking for, and foster a greater sense of community at GAF. Not to backseat mod at all, just my two cents. So when it comes to the point where there are people looking for eBay-level prices without the haircut those fees come with, it feels a bit out of place in this thread. Generally prices are sub-eBay at their highest here and I think negotiating is generally welcome, too. So anything far outside that standard, especially from people who are infrequent participants of the thread, can cast a bit of a pall over the proceedings here.

And general tone and attitude goes a long way as well. It's fine to sell rare or generally unavailable items for a higher price here - that's part of being in a community where you're able to find items that would otherwise be inaccessible.

But how you go about it - there's very little reason to openly label yourself a scalper. That's not really GAF protocol, and it's expected that people receive suggestions about prices just as openly as they label items with high markups in the first place.

Either way - we need to be level-headed and allow people to conduct business. Just be rational, approachable, and willing to suggestions if others show where cheaper prices can be readily found. You don't have to change anything; just listen and dialogue with others, and this community can be a good place to be.

Amagon

3. No need to whine

Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade something. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, whether it is worth that amount of money will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling things they got for free, or making a big fuss out of perceived overcharging. It's a free market.

Lets keep this thread back on track please.

maxcriden

Lets keep this thread back on track please.

FWIW, I don't know that people are whining per se. At least, I can say that wasn't my intention. I think it's healthy that we discuss these things as they pop up. But I agree we should get back to the regularly scheduled programming. :)

WTB:

Sega Saturn NTSC-J import games anything in the $15-$25 range shipped. Anything import friendly like a common shmup or fighter. Don't know japanese so as import friendly as it can be.

Just relisting in case it might have gotten glossed over, also

WTS

all listed include shipping (in the US48)

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for PS2 $15

Growlanser Generations for PS2 $24

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for PS3 (Disc Only) $11

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue for PS1 (Discs Only but all 3 discs plus making of lunar 2) $25 - On Hold

Edit: sorry forgot to post. paypal please, gift or pay fees thanks in advance.

maxcriden

Just relisting in case it might have gotten glossed over, also

WTS

all listed include shipping (in the US48)

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for PS2 $15

Growlanser Generations for PS2 $24

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for PS3 (Disc Only) $11

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue for PS1 (Discs Only but all 3 discs plus making of lunar 2) $25

Please edit your previous post and repost after 150-200 posts. :)

netguy503

WTB:

10 pound PSN card or money value for Europe PSN

Will pay you back the money through paypal

Really want help with this as there is a %10 discount that only lasts this weekend. Anyone that can help please PM me. Very much appreciated. Thanks.

maxcriden

oops sorry about that, is that better? that slipped my mind sorry.

NP! I'd say in the future at least, you might want to edit your original post and delete your current one in all fairness. Not a big deal either way though, we all make this mistake sometimes. :)

Fox Mulder

selling some sealed amiibos $15 each. (retail + $2 shipping)

luigi
samus
captain falcon sold

selling off a few I don't want as I'm not collecting anymore, save shipping on combo order.

Very positive seller feedback for Sphinx

I bought two amiibo shipped from Germany to the U.S. and they came quickly, in perfect condition, and at a more than fair price! Would gladly do business again.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is definitely a weird place to ask but I am looking for a MacBook Air or Pro in good condition.

I am not a huge Apple guy but I need one since I am dabbling in app creation. Since it's a side hustle I am not looking for a screaming piece of hardware. I was going to go refurb but figured I would ask here.

I already PM'd Cleardata about his Macbook from a few days ago

_DiGiTaL_

WTS Star Wars The Old Republic Collector's Edition (Make Offer)
Captain Falcon Amiibo (NA) $25.00 Shipped.

Key was used but will hand over the account info and authenticator keychain as well.
I accept Paypal (Gift) and Amazon (GC)
IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

WTS StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty Jim Raynor dog tag/USB key (2GB) with StarCraft 1 + expansion loaded on it. Shipped from UK.

Unused, new in box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom