• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

preta

Would love a Forza code but I'd rather pay via $20 (maybe a few dollars more) in Steam gifts (your choice of course) if possible. PM me if interested.

The_Kid

Forza_horizon_3_cover_art.jpg

The Target deal is still going strong, so no need to pay double the price.

I'm happy to help international GAFfers out and will sell the Target code at retail price (plus any taxes and PayPal fees for intl conversion).

Basically, as long as I'm not out any money, we good. Don't mind spending a few minutes to assist.

Only exception is folks with negative feedback, you're on your own.

Actually just got fixed. Reads 60 dollars now. Shrug.

derExperte

WTB: Forza Horizon 3 key for $25

Some people have an amazon scam key still showing as purchased. It's possible they'll revoke it soon, it's possible they might now. No way to tell.

My Gears 4 is gone. This will be fun for those who sold like a couple dozen for $40 here before the glitch was known to everyone.

Soulflarz

Banned
whew moral justification
okay jokes aside

My Gears 4 is gone. This will be fun for those who sold like a couple dozen for $40 here before the glitch was known to everyone.

This is going to be a game of "do I keep my hundreds or eat negative feedback", and we probably know the result. Scamming doesn't get you banned anyways. Hell, negative feedback doesn't even get you kicked out of BST.

Guys. The time is now, make a damn rule on these keys.

OraleeWey

whew moral justification
okay jokes aside

This is going to be a game of "do I keep my hundreds or eat negative feedback", and we probably know the result. Scamming doesn't get you banned anyways. Hell, negative feedback doesn't even get you kicked out of BST.

Guys. The time is now, make a damn rule on these keys.

Even though I partook in this by buying a key, not selling one, I have to agree. This is a recipe for disaster. There needs to be a rule for this.

Even though I partook in this by buying a key, not selling one, I have to agree. This is a recipe for disaster. There needs to be a rule for this.
The problem is that right now people are way too obvious with these keys that it is easy to tell. If we make a rule, they're just going to stop being so blatant about it. If we aren't 100% certain something is a shite key from an error or something, how do we enforce?

Voidguts

+1 no more of this glitched key shit, people are scumbags and snag up 3+ copies and then wanna sell it back to the same community they found it from for a 100% markup? back in the day it felt like BST GAF took care of their own, if you copped something for 20, you'd sell it to a gaffer for 20-22 to cover costs.

Can we make a rule about not bitching about things in this thread, maybe make a different thread. 20 posts of bickering and now peoples FS are on the last page. same thing happened last time, my 150post limit hit in a hour or two w/ the gears codes

maybe throw in a rule about bitching about bitching

OraleeWey

The problem is that right now people are way too obvious with these keys that it is easy to tell. If we make a rule, they're just going to stop being so blatant about it. If we aren't 100% certain something is a shite key from an error or something, how do we enforce?

We just won't allow it. The community will call out those who are trying to make a buck, and the rest will play itself like tetris.

AkumaNiko

Can we make a rule about not bitching about things in this thread, maybe make a different thread. 20 posts of bickering and now peoples FS are on the last page. same thing happened last time, my 150post limit hit in a hour or two w/ the gears codes

Soulflarz

Banned

This isn't just a listing thread, theres discussion here. That's a major reason why many call for 200/250 as the new requirement.
Anyways, apologies for bitching about a deal that took pages of this thread and now got cancelled so half the thread needs refunds.

Adry9

This isn't just a listing thread, theres discussion here. That's a major reason why many call for 200/250 as the new requirement.
Anyways, apologies for bitching about a deal that took pages of this thread and now got cancelled so half the thread needs refunds.

My code didn't get cancelled.

I gotta agree. I'm not big on the scalping and personally (I'm selling my code for $30 if anyone is interested), but even for those selling at $40, it's a good price. No one should be forced to a specific ruleset based on someone else's opinion of what's fair. If you don't agree with the price, don't buy it or point out a better deal. I've regularly made people aware of the CD keys MCC price, but I don't fault anyone selling for more. The little tantrums over it are getting silly.

There are also two separate discussions, people talking about the codes that need to be refunded, and people mad that others are flipping codes and not taking care of the community.

Honestly, at $40, no one is getting fucked over. It's a fair price.

The_Kid

There are also two separate discussions, people talking about the codes that need to be refunded, and people mad that others are flipping codes and not taking care of the community.

AkumaNiko

kinda funny, i got my code from amazon because i ordered a video card and used a real CC and my game was revoked. wonder who i can talk to.

OraleeWey

I gotta agree. I'm not big on the scalping and personally (I'm selling my code for $30 if anyone is interested), but even for those selling at $40, it's a good price. No one should be forced to a specific ruleset based on someone else's opinion of what's fair. If you don't agree with the price, don't buy it or point out a better deal. I've regularly made people aware of the CD keys MCC price, but I don't fault anyone selling for more. The little tantrums over it are getting silly.

Some people are already trying to sell FH3 keys from a price glitch not knowing if they will be revoked. Like the GoW4 keys.

Some people are already trying to sell FH3 keys from a price glitch not knowing if they will be revoked. Like the GoW4 keys.

I'll sell mine as well, if they get revoked, I refund. Simple as that. That GOW situation was a bit dirtier than this and target isn't known for revoking deals.

Soulflarz

Banned

update: if we as a community ban these keys, and people are selling them anyways, mods will step in
already asked

AkumaNiko

update: if we as a community ban these keys, and people are selling them anyways, mods will step in
already asked

keys just from glitches? Like what if i buy an xbox and said system came with a DL game like halo, are those ok? or a key from an actually purchased Video card? Maybe provide proof of purchase?

Jigolo

And if we as a community don't ban these keys because you want to?
Dudes always been trying to police this thread I swear. Do you even buy shit or just try to be a moderator? No one gives a crap about your ethics you stink up the thread more than anyone else with your worthless banter. Take it to pms

Soulflarz

Banned
And if we as a community don't ban these keys because you want to?

then we're good. I simply asked so people don't suddenly use the "we can't enforce that" argument that is often used.

anyways on topic, don't refund people yet
hell- don't force an ebay refund if you don't want to be as scummy as me
call MS- they confirmed to me I still have it pre ordered regardless and that that was weird at best.

Dudes always been trying to police this thread I swear. Do you even buy shit or just try to be a moderator? No one gives a crap about your ethics you stink up the thread more than anyone else with your worthless banter. Take it to pms

I buy shit and I giveaway stuff at times, tyvm (the ladder more, but I don't advertise that in here unless I don't have enough on hand to cover the full thing and ask someone else to help). And yes, when I've proven time and time again people are scamming, I'm going to bring it up. "selling for $80 because that's what I paid" when I can prove you paid $50 from the past and are trying to upcharge $30 with a lie, or "selling for $40" when it's a G2A key. I'm going to point these things out, do you want people to instead buy it and me not point it out?

already asked

It's been mentioned already, but I really don't understand how the logistics of this are supposed to work. It makes sense on a surface level, right? Ban all the bad keys. Thing is, how do we determine that keys are bad?

Are we going to start requiring that people selling keys provide receipts/evidence that they were purchased from legitimate sources? Maybe we are, I'm not saying we shouldn't, but it is something that has to be considered. It's not just as easy as saying we are banning the bad ones and then everything is fixed.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's been mentioned already, but I really don't understand how the logistics of this are supposed to work. It makes sense on a surface level, right? Ban all the bad keys. Thing is, how do we determine that keys are bad?

Are we going to start requiring that people selling keys provide receipts/evidence that they were purchased from legitimate sources? Maybe we are, I'm not saying we shouldn't, but it is something that has to be considered. It's not just as easy as saying we are banning the bad ones and then everything is fixed.

Hopefully not, it's just a huge disincentive for people to risk their GAF accounts to sell keys of that nature, in that case. Do it enough and you run into a serious risk, since I can think of multiple occasions in the past we've been able to prove it after the fact.

OraleeWey

It worked well with the Windows keys. At the very least, it will act as a deterrent. Besides, the glitch gets posted on the gaming side anyways, and then you see an increase in WTB/WTS posts. That's how you can tell they're from the glitch or whatever.

Hopefully not, it's just a huge disincentive for people to risk their GAF accounts to sell keys of that nature, in that case. Do it enough and you run into a serious risk, since I can think of multiple occasions in the past we've been able to prove it after the fact.

So basically, if you sell a bunch of codes that end up being revoked, then you run the chance of being banned? Could work.

It worked well with the Windows keys. At the very least, it will act as a deterrent. Besides, the glitch gets posted on the gaming side anyways, and then you see an increase in WTB/WTS posts. That's how you can tell they're from the glitch or whatever.

Then they'll just wait a month and then sell them. Which, if the goal of this is simply to limit the ability of people to sell codes that will be revoked, then that totally works. I hope that's what the goal is, since I really don't want to see us get into the business of morality policing prices on here.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm just as sick of these semi-constant massive blow-ups over this stuff as anyone else. Up until now though, all I've seen is a lot of rambling without any concrete plans as to how we fix the problem. I'm simply trying to work out how we accomplish that goal.

So basically, if you sell a bunch of codes that end up being revoked, then you run the chance of being banned? Could work.

Then they'll just wait a month and then sell them. Which, if the goal of this is simply to limit the ability of people to sell codes that will be revoked, then that totally works. I hope that's what the goal is, since I really don't want to see us get into the business of morality policing prices on here.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm just as sick of these semi-constant massive blow-ups over this stuff as anyone else. Up until now though, all I've seen is a lot of rambling without any concrete plans as to how we fix the problem. I'm simply trying to work out how we accomplish that goal.

Has his become a major issue yet? I see a couple of guys raving over it, but no real examples of this being a reoccurring problem.

Has his become a major issue yet? I see a couple of guys raving over it, but no real examples of this being a reoccurring problem.

I have seen no reports of people being ripped off by being sold invalid keys and not receiving a refund, if that is your question. That being said, that could change in the next couple of days, since the GoW4 keys are apparently being revoked. As of now though, as far as I know, it's all theoretical.

You want to wait until it becomes a major issue?

I'd rather not have a rule implemented because you and one more person (of already questionable morals) has a bone with it. It's a community decision and I personally would like some precedent before getting into hypotheticals. If the community as a whole makes the decision to ban them, fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom