• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Has his become a major issue yet? I see a couple of guys raving over it, but no real examples of this being a reoccurring problem.

Only a few times.
-windows keys, which is why we banned windows keys which can be revoked, ie sub keys, cause they're grey market.
-I don't want to call out members, but grey market keys have been sold in here at a few bucks more for easy money, hence why they're on here- they've been banned from other sites.
-this time, but we'll see how this goes~ I already offered a refund days ago, got told to wait to see if the keys valid.

I think this time+rottr were the only time the thread had it for pages, but rottr was weird, because it was mostly "wow you charged me $20 for a free key fuck you" mentality, not people actually being mad about the keys.

I'd rather not have a rule implemented because you and one more person (of already questionable morals) has a bone with it. It's a community decision and I personally would like some precedent.

Completely valid. And heey, everyone else is refunding as is, pls.
I just want disclosure, I'm not here to police your morals, I just don't think it's on the buyer to decide if a key is something that's from a valid source or not vs the seller disclosing. You got that $30 key for $10? Okay, someones still going to buy it at half off, but tell them :V If they aren't going to buy it at half off because it's from an error, why does selling it to them withholding info make it right?

edit
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=218686478#post218686478
we had a good run

Syriel

Has his become a major issue yet? I see a couple of guys raving over it, but no real examples of this being a reoccurring problem.

One time. There was a guy selling Win 10 keys that kept getting revoked.

Both of his accounts got banned.

Aside from that, can't remember any.

Re: GOW4 and FH3 keys, I don't feel strongly one way or the other about people selling them. I don't think I would ever sell a key I paid $20 for to someone else for $40, but if people are willing to pay that much, who am I to judge? I also don't think there's any way to stop it or discourage it, outside of banning anyone from the B/S/T threads who refuses to refund revoked keys (and would that even deter anyone? Probably not).

Having said that, with any deal that is knowingly a glitch or price mistake that carries an increased potential to get revoked, it might not be a bad idea to urge buyers to pay via Paypal Goods & Services, and not friends/family gift. Even if the buyer insists you cover the fees (which would maybe be an extra couple dollars), I would argue that it's worth it to have Paypal Purchase Protection which now covers digital goods. And if the seller refuses to accept payment via Goods & Services, I'd keep looking for a seller who does.

Zaheer

wXMO1hH.png

WTB (PayPal/Amazon)

Forza Horizon 3 - $30 or trade for VIP Pass

WTS (PayPal)

1 Year PlayStation Plus (2 available) - $47 each

580002b3.jpg

$50 PlayStation Store Credit (3 available) - $46

550002b1.jpg

$50 XBOX Gift Card (3 available) - $46

532050b2.jpg

12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (2 available) - $45 each

780019b2.jpg

SamNW

WTS

Forza Horizon 3 Digital Code $40 OBO
Forza Horizon 3 VIP Code $14 OBO

Together for $50 OBO.

Also WTT for PSN or Amazon credit. Actually, happy to listen to any trade offer.

Positive seller feedback for Broadbandito - thanks for the digital copy/key of Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One! :) Paid via PayPal, got key delivered within minutes!

NeOak

Asking because I'm curious about what others may think.

Someone is asking to buy some of my items, but keeps insisting to pay closer to the release date. That is fine IMO. The curious part is that this person keeps insisting that it is because he wants to do it to have "PayPal Protection". And this person keeps mentioning it enough times to make me curious.

I already have Plus status here and all the people that I have sold stuff to have never complained while I have kept them in the loop about their items all the time. Even the ones that never left me seller feedback.

So is it just me or someone insisting that they want to have "Paypal protection" raises some doubts?

Shit, it made me go all over the seller protection policies at PayPal :/

Positive seller feedback for Broadbandito - thanks for the digital copy/key of Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One! :) Paid via PayPal, got key delivered within minutes!
Fyi, we got a feedback thread now :)

Someone is asking to buy some of my items, but keeps insisting to pay closer to the release date. That is fine IMO. The curious part is that this person keeps insisting that it is because he wants to do it to have "PayPal Protection". And this person keeps mentioning it enough times to make me curious.

I already have Plus status here and all the people that I have sold stuff to have never complained while I have kept them in the loop about their items all the time. Even the ones that never left me seller feedback.

So is it just me or someone insisting that they want to have "Paypal protection" raises some doubts?

Shit, it made me go all over the seller protection policies at PayPal :/

That's weird to me. You've got plenty of good feedback, that'd be all the protection i need personally. I'd be wary.

NeOak

That's weird to me. You've got plenty of good feedback, that'd be all the protection i need personally. I'd be wary.
What made me ask is that suddenly this person asked to buy both of the same article, and again mentioned the "PayPal protection" as a reason to hold the payment.

It is around $1K, so it makes me wary. I casually mentioned earlier that it seemed like his/her intention wasn't the best with all that asking, but this person never addressed it at all.

Kyzer

Banned
WTS:

PS4 Black 500GB and Camera: $200

2x Nintendo GC Controllers w/ Wii U GC Adapter - $40
Pokken Tournament - $40
Star Fox Zero w/ Guard - $28
Wii Fit U w/ Board- $30
Super Mario Maker - $30
Smash for Wii U - $40
Yoshi's Woolly World - $18
2x Nintendo Wii Remote Plus (+1 Nintendo Nunchuk) - $30
2x Nintendo Wii U Pro Controllers - $50

(Will be for sale soon: Wii U Black 32 GB, Twilight Princess HD)

Bog

Junior Ace
I shouldn't have canceled mine. I could've just sold it to someone here for $20.

I think I'll wait a day to post my games and Pokémon figures. Let this Forza craziness subside.

What made me ask is that suddenly this person asked to buy both of the same article, and again mentioned the "PayPal protection" as a reason to hold the payment.

It is around $1K, so it makes me wary. I casually mentioned earlier that it seemed like his/her intention wasn't the best with all that asking, but this person never addressed it at all.

I'm not sure how long it will be until the items are released, but I believe there is a set time period for PayPal protection. If a claim is filed after that time period, the buyer would be out of luck.

Otherwise though, just make sure you send the items according to PayPal's policy. For instance, I'm pretty sure that a transaction for that amount would require signature confirmation service on delivery. Just read through everything to make sure you're covered.

NeOak

I'm not sure how long it will be until the items are released, but I believe there is a set time period for PayPal protection. If a claim is filed after that time period, the buyer would be out of luck.

Otherwise though, just make sure you send the items according to PayPal's policy. For instance, I'm pretty sure that a transaction for that amount would require signature confirmation service on delivery. Just read through everything to make sure you're covered.
Yes, but that wouldn't help at all if the person claims that "the items aren't as described", which is how ebay sellers get scammed.

steadfast

S9i5ey0.png
SLEIhbg.png

WTB

-Gamecube controller $10-$15 shipped to 91786
- I do not care what color as long as it's a genuine Nintendo one that is working, clean, and the thumbstick is intact; the stuff on ebay looks like they were eaten and then shit out by a great dane.

-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, complete (case, disc, manual) for $30 shipped to me

New002

Yes, but that wouldn't help at all if the person claims that "the items aren't as described", which is how ebay sellers get scammed.

I mean....that can happen with any item. It sounds like you are selling pre-order items that, if you someone were to buy them now, would be outside the buyer protection period by the time they are released. If this is the case then I see no issue with the buyer asking to pay closer to release so that they are still protected if something goes wrong. Makes sense to me. But, you're under no obligation to make that accommodation. If at the end of the day it makes you nervous then just tell them you'll have to pass.

If the above doesn't describe your items or this situation then feel free to disregard :)

Lemstar

Your amount of seller feedback really isn't worth anything when it comes to a transaction of that size (and tbh, without the ability to look up transactions feedback was left for, most people's aren't all that worthwhile, mine included). Paying in advance outside of the PayPal protection window would be tantamount to paying with a gift payment, and I don't think you'd be expecting buyers to do that based on your feedback.

With that being said, if he's aware that the window for filing a claim is within 180 days of transaction (up from 45 days) and the item is coming out before then, that might be a tiny bit weird. You're certainly within reason to look for a buyer without the same stipulation, but what he wants really isn't as odd as you're making it out to be.

NeOak

I mean....that can happen with any item. It sounds like you are selling pre-order items that, if you someone were to buy them now, would be outside the buyer protection period by the time they are released. If this is the case then I see no issue with the buyer asking to pay closer to release so that they are still protected if something goes wrong. Makes sense to me. But, you're under no obligation to make that accommodation. If at the end of the day it makes you nervous then just tell them you'll have to pass.

If the above doesn't describe your items or this situation then feel free to disregard :)

Your amount of seller feedback really isn't worth anything when it comes to a transaction of that size (and tbh, without the ability to look up transactions feedback was left for, most people's aren't all that worthwhile, mine included). Paying in advance outside of the PayPal protection window would be tantamount to paying with a gift payment, and I don't think you'd be expecting buyers to do that based on your feedback.

With that being said, if he's aware that the window for filing a claim is within 180 days of transaction (up from 45 days) and the item is coming out before then, that might be a tiny bit weird. You're certainly within reason to look for a buyer without the same stipulation, but what he wants really isn't as odd as you're making it out to be.

The person is asking to pay exactly a month before the estimated day of delivery. Since I have to receive the items on release day, I gave a worst case scenario of a week in terms of delivery so the payment was estimated. I don't mind the wait for the payment. What makes me wary is the constant mentioning of "PayPal protection" as the reason. Had it been "ok, I'll pay you a month before release date" would be ok. But "PayPal protection" over and over?

I sold an Oculus Rift here no problem when it came out, had no problem, and that was around $800, so I have moved that kind of money around here in my transactions, as well as bought expensive stuff here too in previous BSTs that I can ask the seller to vouch for.

I think I'll pass. Just checked the person's posting history. Only WTBs in previous BST threads for cheap items as well as no feedback left of any kind for any of the sellers, since this person has buying feedback.

NeOak

SLEIhbg.png
/
S9i5ey0.png

WTS:

2x Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collectors for PS4: $480 shipped each. I will include the preorder bonus.

Playstation VR Bundle: I have two VR bundles in preorder. $600 shipped.

The Last Guardian Collector's Edition: $120 shipped.

Destiny Titan Figure, Bungie Store Edition $250 shipped (pretty much at cost)
This is the Bungie Store edition that includes the Hammer of Sol. Box has damage due to bad shipping packaging, Titan figure is fine. You can see more pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/NCIBL

I take Paypal gift or please cover the fees if you pay with goods (use http://thefeecalculator.com in case you want to check). Will ship USPS Priority with tracking or from Amazon depending on the item. I can ship international if you cover the shipping.

SLEIhbg.png
S9i5ey0.png

+36 Seller, +16 Buyer

All prices includes shipping to US. I will ship outside of US, but it has to be a method that provides tracking, so will probably be pricey. Links will take you to a photo!
Accepting Paypal F/F (friends and family) or G/S (goods and services). Prices for G/S a little higher to cover fees. See below. I will ship protected and with tracking either way! Unless it’s a Sunday or postal holiday, I’ll always be able to ship out within 24 hours of payment.

• GAMECUBE INTERACTIVE MULTI-GAME DEMO DISC (VOLUME 31)
    $25 (F/F) or $26.06 (G/S)
    - Demo disc for Gamecube that was in store kiosks back in the day. I used to have a bunch of these, but this looks like it's my last one. PLAYABLE DEMOS: Zatchbell, Super Mario Strikers, Pokemon XD, Mario Superstar Baseball, Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. VIDEO PREVIEWS (NOT PLAYABLE): Nintendogs, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, DDR: Mario Mix, Pokemon XD, Mario Superstar Baseball, Battalion Wars, Nintendo DS, SSX on Tour, Ultimate Spider-Man, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, Shadow the Hedgehog, TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare, WWE Day of Reckoning 2, Chronicles of Narnia, ESRB

• STEINS; GATE (VITA)
    $20 (F/F) or $20.91 (F/F)
    - Case and cartridge are both Near Mint/Like New!

• POKEMON POKEDEX: COLLECTOR'S EDITION (2004)
    $12 (F/F) or $12.67 (G/S)
    - Hardcover Pokedex from 2004. It's pretty much brand new as I don't ever remember really looking through it. Still has the poster and the hologram on the front which are also both like new. If you look at these on eBay, they hardly ever have the poster and some are even missing the hologram.

Koppai

~SELLING~

oyLSkorm.jpg

• 2 Zero Time Dilemma Bonus Watches - $35 each
Casing for the watch is scratched up but watches seem to be fine.
  • Until Dawn - $15 shipped
  • The Last of Us Remastered - $15 shipped
  • The Empire of Corpses Blu Ray/DVD Combo - $15 shipped
NeoGAF Plus Seller - I accept Paypal Gift, or you can pay the fees.

~BUYING~
  • Gundam Breaker 3 PS4 (asian English version)
  • Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3 PS4 (asian English version)
  • Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GC)
  • Fire Emblem (Wii)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom