• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
Maybe, but a neutral win doesn't really effect the game much. I still think that our best move is to kill Blarg and try and move past this.

This is still 100% the best course of action.

They grow up so fast :')

btw you got max LCK but I had to min CHA, it's useless anyway

starting area gear was skipped because I speedran you, you can always go back anyway so ehhh

This is how I know you didn't create me, my CHA is maxed and I'm trying to level myself to pass all the speech checks.

RetroMG

Every time I think I know where this boat is going, it does a 180. And earlier I said we had 24 hours left, thinking it was Thursday. We have about 43 hours left, if my math is correct.

So yeah.

Sorian

Banned
Every time I think I know where this boat is going, it does a 180. And earlier I said we had 24 hours left, thinking it was Thursday. We have about 43 hours left, if my math is correct.

So yeah.

This is why I don't want anything to end early, all of these twists and turns provide more and more discussion.

I convinced myself.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

I highly doubt we can expect anything to protect Blarg.

Coppanuva

But in all seriousness, I think the best move here is still lynch blargonaut. It gives us more chances to gather information via any special powers we might have. It's possible there's another "searcher" type role similar to Matt Attack, a night without a cultist eviction is an extra chance to examine and get more information for them. Every night any possible seer role is open to the chance of dying. Even if they're playing well, the cultists have an ever growing % chance of evicting the seer every night, we NEED to keep the number of guesses as to who they are lower. Right now we have 2 roles we KNOW. Neither of these sound like prime cultist marks to me, especially not since they don't know what else we might have on our team. I don't want to risk any power roles this early.

I'm still here and very much open to you lynching me tomorrow if that's what you want Rats off to Ya, and I think there's a lot of people who are as well. But at the same time if we want better chances at finding out who the cultists are we should be proactive in using our powers as much as we can while we have them. We lost a protector last night, I don't want to lose another role without being able to use it.

The Cultist aren't kiling Blarg, and even if they do this is good for us. We can save Blarg for a rainy day.

VOTE: Coppanova

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Predator-Handshake.jpg

Sorian

Banned
The Cultist aren't kiling Blarg, and even if they do this is good for us. We can save Blarg for a rainy day.

VOTE: Coppanova

Other people may be watching from the shadows.

I'm aware it is speculation but I still believe the cost is too high if killing Blarg empowers the cultists in anyway.

Yes, there may be others watching but I don't think we had more than one protective role. My gut feeling is we were only given one role like that and we lost it already.

Sorian

Banned
Also, I am 100% up on the Coppa bandwagon during day 3. I'm not sure how much I believe it but I am up to discuss it much more on day 3. I want these distractions cut so everyone can focus and I want our little vigilante to prove themselves useful.

I'm aware it is speculation but I still believe the cost is too high if killing Blarg empowers the cultists in anyway.

Yes, there may be others watching but I don't think we had more than one protective role. My gut feeling is we were only given one role like that and we lost it already.

Would be the first game to do that. Game 1 had a switcher, docter, and a reverse watcher.

I highly doubt we have only 1 role that would help in this situation.

For your consideration.

I wanted to respond to these because I think calling this out is important. I was inclined to agree with Sorian at first, having a seer prove my innocence WOULD be nice, but I don't think it's the best move long-term. Right now people seem town between voting for Blargonaut, Me, or Matt Attack. The debate is more of "Who should we kill first?" rather than "Who do we kill?", since it's decided that Blargonaut and I are close to the top of the chopping block. There's very few people supporting me. I fear if a seer looks at me, and backs me up, they'll be unwittingly drawing a giant target on their back (after all, it would be a pretty big about face at this point and would out them as a seer to the cultists).

If you're a seer thinking about examining me, I urge you to examine someone else. I'm prepared to die within the next 2 day phases. Use the extra night to gather other information, preventing the loss of me isn't worth giving the cultists a clue who our seer is. Get information on people we're more unsure of, use that to get us a win.

"Please don't investigate me tonight, for the good of Town!"

Is this a face you can trust?

How are you so sure?

1: The Cultists gain nothing at face value. (A bonus kill is complete speculation)
2: We likely have at least 1 role that could benefit from a Blarg night attack. (Not just protection, think broader)
3: They stop nothing by killing Blarg. Either Blarg is lynched and they lose a night, or Blarg is night killed and they lose a night.

Flame_AC

For your consideration.

The reasoning behind his post was that he understood we're going to lynch him, more then likely on Day 3 or 4. He knows he's going to die and is telling the investigator not to waste their time on him.

UNVOTE

The reasoning behind his post was that he understood we're going to lynch him, more then likely on Day 3 or 4. He knows he's going to die and is telling the investigator not to waste their time on him.

UNVOTE

"Don't worry guys, I'll totally let you lynch me tomorrow."

Nope, no scum here.

Coppanuva

For your consideration.

Would you rather a seer out themselves to protect an ordinary tourist this early? No. It's a dumb idea, and I'm fully prepared to die so that we can get more information. But getting this information requires us to have a night where the cultists can't kill them. If you kill Blargonaut, you guarantee a night where the seer can examine and be safer than any other night. Use it on someone else, have your trial on me the next day and you'll have 1 protected seer move, and another from the next night if they don't get lynched. Alternatively, have them examine me and have someone suddenly turn face and be like "HEY WAIT GUYS! COPPANUVA IS PROBABLY ALMOST DEFINITELY NOT A CULTIST" and be super suspicious to them. It's painting a huge target on your back and I don't like it.

Flame_AC

Lynching Coppa is something we can hold off on doing until tomorrow or some other time, we need to take the decisive action on Blarg or Matt now.

ultron87

We have no idea if Blarg will even be around for this so called rainy day. We have no solid leads now. We don't want to have to burn a day later on when we do have a solid lead and it turns out we can't lynch a cultist because Blarg will win and fly off the island taking his advantage with him.

RetroMG

Lynching Coppa is something we can hold off on doing until tomorrow or some other time, we need to take the decisive action on Blarg or Matt now.

I'm still unclear as to why we care about Matt.

If he's neutral and he wins... so what? The game doesn't end. (At least it didn't in the Star Wars Game last season.) Unless he has some crazy effect that goes nuts if we kill Blarg...

Damn it.

OK, we asked Blarg, now we'll try asking Matt - Do you have any effect that goes into play if Blarg dies? (And would you tell us if you did?)

Hooray. I think my train of thought just led us to even muddier waters.

Droplet

We have no idea if Blarg will even be around for this so called rainy day. We have no solid leads now. We don't want to have to burn a day later on when we do have a solid lead and it turns out we can't lynch a cultist because Blarg will win and fly off the island taking his advantage with him.

Wait when will this imaginary scenario happen? If Blarg wins, Blarg wins. Cool. If he leaves, why wouldn't we be able to lynch a cultist?

And Flame, for the second time, it doesn't matter if Blarg or Matt win. We are still going to be playing afterwards.

Coppanuva

You haven't been paying attention.

Tell me what's decisive about your argument against me? Why are you so 100% sure I'm the person you should be lynching? Last I remember it hinged mainly on me asking about the orb. Do you have something more substantial here to say I should be lynched now?

Unless he really does grant them an extra kill, I actually also think it's at least possible that the cultists won't kill Blarg tonight.

I still prefer going with a lynch on Blarg though, I can think of little reason why we would rush to lynch Coppanuva when we can get an extra day phase to figure things out at no cost to us (Coppa could still flip town).

Town or not, he's not "Town"

#TownLife

I'm sorry that I wasn't smart enough to decipher your puzzles and realize you were trying to help us. Based on what I knew of your role and our behavior, I don't think it's hard to imagine why I might have instigated this situation.

OK, we asked Blarg, now we'll try asking Matt - Do you have any effect that goes into play if Blarg dies? (And would you tell us if you did?)

Nope (and yes).

Sorian

Banned
yo let's fuck

VOTE: Coppanuva

LET'S FUCK

VOTE: Blargonaut

You haven't been paying attention.

I'm sorry but your hunch does not have me convinced to move my vote away from a sure thing Blarg is the best move for town today, you're getting cocky off the heels of a good read on Prodigy, I'm not going to just blindly go with you on it. You may very well be right but Coppa's death can happen tomorrow or tonight by our third party.

I don't see what benefit we get out of killing Coppa before Blarg.

Assuming Coppa is cult:

- we kill blarg and get cult immunity. Threat neutralised until tomorrow. Positive.
- we kill blarg and don't get immunity. Coppa still in game but even if we had killed him, the remaining cultists would still have killed us. Neutral.

- we kill coppa. cultists kill blarg and we lose night immunity. Negative.
- we kill coppa. cultists kill blarg and there was never immunity. Neutral.
- we kill coppa. cultists don't kill blarg. we get immunity tomorrow. Positive but risky.

Basically is potentially getting immunity slightly later worth the risk of killing coppa then blarg instead of the other way around? I don't think so. And that is still all on the assumption that Coppa actually flips cult.

Starting with Blarg is both safer and it helps us clean up some messy roles. win/win.

"Hunch."

My "hunch."

As if that's a bad thing.

This is a game of hunches. If you guys are waiting for power roles to solve your problems you've already lost. It's Day Two and I'm the only one who's presented a case against somebody who's not 100% confirmed not-a-Cultist. Fuck me, right?

Timeaisis

I'm trying to read through the thread to ascertain where the whole "cultists killing Blarg will lead to a double night kill" rumor/theory/speculation started. Was it Matt Attack? I can't seem to pin it down.

As for the Blarg vs Coppa vs Matt Attack thing...here are my thoughts

1. I don't think Matt Attack is a cultist. Sure, he's got information on Blarg, but that doesn't mean he's not town-sided. It just means he has information and he's been holding it close to his chest. I don't see anything in his playstyle that would point to him being cult. Possibly neutral.

2. Blarg is neutral, he even admitted as such. He could be hiding a something about his role easily. Everything we know about him comes from himself or Matt Attack, two people we are admitting we can't trust since we are considering lynching them. Lynching Blarg today will at least give us a lot of information and finally eliminate the unknown quantity that is Blargonaut from this game. Plus, we could have a kill free night.

3. Coppa does seem suspicious, and is probably our best option if we want to try and go for a cultist. I'm OK with going for Coppa, but tonight I still feel like Blarg is the better candidate. However, if someone has some really, really concreted stuff as to why coppa is cult, I say we go for it.

As it stands, its between Blarg and Coppa for me, and, as I said before, Blarg still is the better choice, at least for me.

Sorian

Banned

Assuming Coppa is cult:

- we kill blarg and get cult immunity. Threat neutralised until tomorrow. Positive.
- we kill blarg and don't get immunity. Coppa still in game but even if we had killed him, the remaining cultists would still have killed us. Neutral.

- we kill coppa. cultists don't kill blarg. we get immunity tomorrow. Positive but risky.

Basically is potentially getting immunity slightly later worth the risk of killing coppa then blarg instead of the other way around? I don't think so. And that is still all on the assumption that Coppa actually flips cult.

Starting with Blarg is both safer and it helps us clean up some messy roles. win/win.

And

-we kill Coppa, cultists kill Blarg, they get a buff of some sort. Possible unknown but double negative if true.

Even without that though, the call for Blarg to go first is clear as day.

Droplet

Also Flame, if Blarg is gone tomorrow because he fulfilled his win condition, then that means we then have 3 dead cultists.

That's a good thing.

Timeaisis

Assuming Coppa is cult:

Quoting here because I agree with this post 100%.

I'm trying to read through the thread to ascertain where the whole "cultists killing Blarg will lead to a double night kill" rumor/theory/speculation started. Was it Matt Attack? I can't seem to pin it down.

I don't know where it started either, but no, it wasn't me who put that idea forward. My role says nothing about it, so I've operated under the assumption that it's only speculation.

I don't know where it started either, but no, it wasn't me who put that idea forward. My role says nothing about it, so I've operated under the assumption that it's only speculation.

I started it. It's still a possibility, but unlikely. I'm now thinking there's probably a separate role to balance it out.

Top Bottom