• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

I really don't see what we'd lose by lynchin' Blarg tonight. I'd rather avoid the risk of his sacrifice givin' the cultists a bonus power, and we can deal with Coppa and those other kinda issues tomorrow. Right now we should be figgerin' out how to play the cards in our hand rather than hopin' the dealer bails us out.

Let me get this straight. You're all gonna lynch Blarg because somebody somewhere sometime said that the Cultists might benefit from killing him, but my list of Coppnuva's suspicious behavior is just a "hunch."

Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Unless he really does grant them an extra kill, I actually also think it's at least possible that the cultists won't kill Blarg tonight.

I still prefer going with a lynch on Blarg though, I can think of little reason why we would rush to lynch Coppanuva when we can get an extra day phase to figure things out at no cost to us (Coppa could still flip town).

I'm sorry that I wasn't smart enough to decipher your puzzles and realize you were trying to help us. Based on what I knew of your role and our behavior, I don't think it's hard to imagine why I might have instigated this situation.

Nope (and yes).

I forgive you, Matt; I'm sorry too, for slipping up, I take my jabs back :'(

You and I are bound by fate, and the planets are fucking with us. The Tourists still outnumber the Cultists, there could still be Town power roles to save us! And if not, I die, you win; or you die, but you died "Town"! Is that not GLORY?!

Let's gamble with the stars we've been dealt, Matt, let's DO THIS!

THIS LEVEL OF FUCK ONLY COMES ONCE EVERY GAFIA SEASON

800 FEET, MATT ATTACK, TWIN SHUTTLE SLINGSHOT ORBIT AROUND THE MOON

YOU AND ME TO THE END

WE CAN "WIN"

Sorian

Banned
"Hunch."

My "hunch."

As if that's a bad thing.

This is a game of hunches. If you guys are waiting for power roles to solve your problems you've already lost. It's Day Two and I'm the only one who's presented a case against somebody who's not 100% confirmed not-a-Cultist. Fuck me, right?

Your hunch is garbage next to real information that we already have. It'll be worth something tomorrow.

I'm trying to read through the thread to ascertain where the whole "cultists killing Blarg will lead to a double night kill" rumor/theory/speculation started. Was it Matt Attack? I can't seem to pin it down.

I see LoC claimed it but I also brought it up early on too. It is 100% speculation but it makes a lot of sense from a game design standpoint and I don't want to risk it.

I really don't see what we'd lose by lynchin' Blarg tonight. I'd rather avoid the risk of his sacrifice givin' the cultists a bonus power, and we can deal with Coppa and those other kinda issues tomorrow. Right now we should be figgerin' out how to play the cards in our hand rather than hopin' the dealer bails us out.

This made me disregard my own speculation about a Cultist powerup.

My only power is a passive power that activates upon lynching, and prevents the Cultists from sacrificing anyone the Night after my lynching. The typed lore states that since I am the Old Ones' creator, my death would weaken them, and so lead to his handicap of the Cult.

Sorian

Banned
Let me get this straight. You're all gonna lynch Blarg because somebody somewhere sometime said that the Cultists might benefit from killing him, but my list of Coppnuva's suspicious behavior is just a "hunch."

No, you're being dense. We want to lynch Blarg because it provides us a REAL and CLEAR advantage tonight but it may also cause a problem if we don't act. Your hunch is just that, suspicions that aren't even that good if I'm to be honest.

ultron87

No we're killing him because it doesn't hurt the town now, let's us be in the same place tomorrow with potentially more information from the night, and it avoids the slim possibility of Blarg being a living power up for either side to snap up and the Cultists getting it first.

Your hunch is garbage next to real information that we already have. It'll be worth something tomorrow.

I see LoC claimed it but I also brought it up early on too. It is 100% speculation but it makes a lot of sense from a game design standpoint and I don't want to risk it.

Sorian, we can do this. We can reach 800 feet.

We can do this.

Read it another way. The cultists don't kill at night, they sacrifice. Sacrificing Cthulhu's own creator to him might empower him instead.

Yes I know the speculation was started by me.

I'm just trying to wrap my head on alignments. This role situation made no sense at first but I think I've got it.

Blarg = Neutral, Passive Role who helps the side that kills him. With his dying breath stops the Cult for 1 night, or when Sacrificed to Cthulhu empowers the Cultists with an extra Night kill. 3 Cultists need to die for win condition.
Matt Attack = Town, Active role that tries to find LC before Cultists.

My Vote stays on Blarg.

Even if true, the Cultists aren't going to kill Blarg tonight.

Way I see it, basing our lynch off of actual information with a tangible benefit (i.e. No cult kills tonight, meanin' we'll only have one tourist death today rather than 2 if Coppa turns out to be town) rather than a hunch that might leave us two tourists down with nothin' t' show for it. Coppa will still be here tomorrow to lynch if he's a cultie, but Blarg might not be.

Give us a reason to go Coppa -> Blarg instead of vice versa. What does that accomplish that is better for town.

Give us a reason to go Coppa -> Blarg instead of vice versa. What does that accomplish that is better for town.

I've explained this before, lynching Blarg on Day Two is a waste of his utility. There are too many of us, it will barely make a difference.

We should lynch Blarg after we've found another Cultist. And if the Cult kills him at night, great, they killed someone we were just gonna lynch anyway.

"Powering up" the Cultists is a paranoid fantasy.

Sorian

Banned
I'm counting votes at the moment, uh

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

Still don't want to end the day early. Will post vote count in a minute or two.

Read it another way. The cultists don't kill at night, they sacrifice. Sacrificing Cthulhu's own creator to him might empower him instead.

My role PM states nothing of the sort. Only Matt Attack will benefit, by winning, from my death. If another individual/faction benefited from my death, I think my role PM would've stated as such.

It says that my death will weaken the Old Ones since I am their creator.

Sorian

Banned
Coppanuva (6)
GreatCharleston
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut
Droplet

Blargonaut (8)
ultron87
nin1000
TheWorthyEdge
Timeaisis
Matt Attack
Never Forever
Coppanuva
Johnnyquicknives

Sorian (1)
Neuromancer

Rats Off To Ya (1)

Flame_AC

11 votes are need to end the day early

t1439578800z0.png

I believe this is the current tally, please tell me if I am wrong and Zatoth should do his own count and not rely on my shitty skills at manually checking for votes.

Sorian

Banned
My role PM states nothing of the sort. Only Matt Attack will benefit, by winning, from my death. If another individual/faction benefited from my death, I think my role PM would've stated as such.

Blarg wants to stay alive. He wouldn't tell us that his role had a cult kill power too. Because then we'd definitely kill him.

Can't trust you Blarg, you have a conflict of interests here.

I've explained this before, lynching Blarg on Day Two is a waste of his utility. There are too many of us, it will barely make a difference.

We should lynch Blarg after we've found another Cultist. And if the Cult kills him at night, great, they killed someone we were just gonna lynch anyway.

It's not a waste of utility at all. I would much rather use this while there is still an independent party able to make kills. Using it later and just completely stopping a kill at night will probably just end up leaving us in the dark later if we get a night phase where nothing happened. We know that there will still be a kill tonight, I just think that the choice of who dies will have our best interests in mind.

Sorian

Banned
I would just like to add that Rats vote for Coppa is serving an excellent purpose. If a cultist wants to stop this night blocker thing, they will be able to hide in that vote for Coppa very easily. It'll be a list worth exploring in a few days.

Blarg wants to stay alive. He wouldn't tell us that his role had a cult kill power too. Because then we'd definitely kill him.

I do not have a kill ability. There's only my passive power that activates upon my lynching.

And yes, I want to stay alive. Let's fuck, ultron. COURAGE.

Timeaisis

Out of curiosity, did your role PM make any mention of Matt Attack indirectly? Like did it say there was someone looking for you, or anything of that nature?

I would just like to add that Rats vote for Coppa is serving an excellent purpose. If a cultist wants to stop this night blocker thing, they will be able to hide in that vote for Coppa very easily. It'll be a list worth exploring in a few days.

Funny you say that, because I look at that list and I see nothing but probable Townsfolk.

Different strokes.

Sorian

Banned
I do not have a kill ability. There's only my passive power that activates upon my lynching.

And yes, I want to stay alive. Let's fuck, ultron. COURAGE.

We aren't saying you have a kill ability, we are still talking about the possibility of you buffing the cult.

I agree powering up the cultists is a a fantasy. Thats why I ignored it on my list.

I don't think we will have much more benefit from immunity on a later night. I definitely don't think theres enough of a benefit to risk completely losing the night of immunity and inevitably losing a chunk of every day debating whether or not this is the day to kill Blarg.

Well duh, you're acting pig headed, any cultist wanting to get on your good side is going to side with you here because they probably have nothing to lose either way.

Got nothing to do with this argument. It's all people I've previously deemed to be probably Townsfolk.

Sorian

Banned
If neither Matt Attack nor Blargonaut brought this up, I struggle to think that it's a serious concern.

Matt Attack wouldn't know about it so I'm not sure why he matters. Blarg isn't going to tell us if that is the case because he knows how to play this game. If he disclosed that then we would be killing him immediately, at least while it is still debatable, he has a chance at living.

There comes a time in every man's life when he must choose to either fight, or fly.

Don't fight it. Fly with me, Sorian. High octane lunar boost.

To the moon and back.

I could reverse that easily. Taking 1 night kill hit(when there's likely a serial killer in play) in exchange for town cred is an easy hiding spot.

Sorian

Banned
I could reverse that easily. Taking 1 night kill hit(when there's likely a serial killer in play) in exchange for town cred is an easy hiding spot.

Neither side wants a serial killer in play and I think its a vigilante, not a serial killer so even more reason why a cultist wouldn't want that element in play. Cultists have probably already resigned themselves to the fact that they are losing a night at some point but they didn't plan for it to be tonight, they know about this just like we do now, they can plan for being stopped for a night, right now it's catching them off guard and it's at a time when we have power roles still alive. Everyday we wait is a day we could be losing an investigator or any other important role.

Out of curiosity, did your role PM make any mention of Matt Attack indirectly? Like did it say there was someone looking for you, or anything of that nature?

First Sorian, now you too?

I answered all these questions in my Rubiks Cube post a few pages back. Did you two even bother to read the most pro-Town post in the entire thread?

Ourobolus

Banned
Not cleaning this up. Bask in the horror that you have wrought.

Blargonaut (8)
Sorian
Flame_AC
Lord of Castamere
Timeaisis
Coppanuva
nin1000
ultron87
Coppanuva
Matt Attack
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
RetroMG
Sorian
TheWorthyEdge
Timeaisis
Matt Attack
Never Forever
Coppanuva
johnnyquicknives
Sorian

TheWorthyEdge (0)
Sorian

johnnyquicknives (0)
Sorian

Coppanuva (6)
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl
nin1000
Sorian
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
GreatCharleston
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut
Droplet

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian

GreatCharleston (0)
Blargonaut
ScraftyDevil
Sorian
Coppanuva

Sorian (1)
Neuromancer
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Vylash (0)
johnnyquicknives

Matt Attack (0)
Blargonaut
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Neuromancer (0)
Coppanuva
Flame_AC

Darryl (0)
Sorian

nin1000 (0)
Sorian

Lord of Castamere (0)
Sorian

Rats Off To Ya (0)
Flame_AC

Also, you guys do not have to UNVOTE before you VOTE again. Just vote again.

Neither side wants a serial killer in play and I think its a vigilante, not a serial killer so even more reason why a cultist wouldn't want that element in play. Cultists have probably already resigned themselves to the fact that they are losing a night at some point but they didn't plan for it to be tonight, they know about this just like we do now, they can plan for being stopped for a night, right now it's catching them off guard and it's at a time when we have power roles still alive. Everyday we wait is a day we could be losing an investigator or any other important role.

Eh. There's no way to know what the killer is. We might have a pattern in a few days though. Considering we now have 3 unconfirmed roles aimed at hurting cultist(insanity box, night block, docter) I doubt we also have a vigilante.

Top Bottom