• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

If nobody is going to move on their position, we should just end the day early. The only new information I've learned since the last time I've posted is that we post more Danganronpa sprites than the Danganronpa thread.

I think there is still value in discussion. Blarg actually had me on his side for a while, I just wasn't in a position to post. And I want to see what, if anything, the night crew has to say about all of this.

Sorian

Banned
Fine. :(

My vote stays. Let's get Coppa tomorrow if the island doesn't want him gone today.

Barring nothing crazy happening over night or someone pulling out another ridiculous role claim tomorrow, I'd be extremely surprised if tomorrow wasn't Coppa vs. Charleston.

RetroMG

Barring nothing crazy happening over night or someone pulling out another ridiculous role claim tomorrow, I'd be extremely surprised if tomorrow wasn't Coppa vs. Charleston.

I think this is likely, though I think Neuro should get a look in, too.

Flame_AC

I'm touched that you lot think I'm the top Cultist, you never know how crazy people can be until you see some people list it out for you. If you think I'm the lead cultist, then Day 3 will be a heck of a showdown. I'm not going to get lynched, and neither is Coppanuva. ;)

Darryl

Banned
Depending on his answer Nin needs a look as well. So does Darryl, Ultron, and Timeasis IMO but I'm just giving my prediction on where the eventual votes will fall.

I'm not entertaining half-wit accusations, if you think that is going to happen

Sorian

Banned
I'm not entertaining half-wit accusations, if you think that is going to happen

It doesn't matter what you want to entertain, this is lynch by popular vote. If anyone presents a case that other people find compelling then either you entertain the discussion or surrender and surrendering is a bad play no matter what your role is.

btw, all the points I made on the previous page still stand.

Are you going to dismiss me because you find me obnoxious? You're all deluded, if you think I'm not helping Town by staying alive. DELUDED I SAY

Darryl

Banned
It doesn't matter what you want to entertain, this is lynch by popular vote. If anyone presents a case that other people find compelling then either you entertain the discussion or surrender and surrendering is a bad play no matter what your role is.

i don't personally feel as if you have the credibility to lead a lynch

Your list is useful just like anyone else's, it destroys some of the credibility though when Coppa is in the cultist and town categories.

I told you plagiarism is frowned upon in most academic circles

Coppanuva's name being on both lists is to ensure that you and the other face-stealers stay original for a while

Droplet

I'm touched that you lot think I'm the top Cultist, you never know how crazy people can be until you see some people list it out for you. If you think I'm the lead cultist, then Day 3 will be a heck of a showdown. I'm not going to get lynched, and neither is Coppanuva. ;)

O...kay, for the sake of the discussion we're going to keep having, why are you so fixated on saving Coppa? I don't really think you're evil, but your opinions are just all over the place.

Sorian

Banned
i don't personally feel as if you have the credibility to lead a lynch

Sorry I was wrong, I actually pursued something I was confident in and saw it through to the end, for better or worse. Maybe if you had been just as confident and gave it a go, we could have killed Prodigy day 1 instead of Tucah.

Gone but not forgotten

Sorry Tucah, I failed you

What is your game? Why this fixation on Tucah's death?

Sorian

Banned
O...kay, for the sake of the discussion we're going to keep having, why are you so fixated on saving Coppa? I don't really think you're evil, but your opinions are just all over the place.

This is good actually, Flame, you've made it clear a bunch of times you are throwing in with Coppa and a lot of people have already stated why they think he is scum.

Why do you think he isn't scum?

REMEMBER PAGE 47, YOU SHORTSIGHTED FOOLS

WHEN SORIAN AND TIMEAISIS ARE IN YOUR TENT FUCKING YOUR SOLITAIRE GAME UP WHILE YOU'RE GO FISHING, MY UNHEEDED WARNING TO YOU ALL WILL BE THE LAST THING YOUR BROWSING HISTORY EVER LOGS EVER

Sorian

Banned
Maybe it's related to his role? Not a lover, certainly, (as Tucah would have been one, too,) but maybe a bodyguard or something?

I considered it might be subtle hinting to his role. I don't want to go down that avenue in discussion though, I don't want to accidently role claim someone
except Blarg, I was happy to analyze his puzzles out in the open because I never had a chance of solving them.

Droplet

REMEMBER PAGE 47, YOU SHORTSIGHTED FOOLS

WHEN SORIAN AND TIMEAISIS ARE IN YOUR TENT FUCKING YOUR SOLITAIRE GAME UP WHILE YOU'RE GO FISHING, MY UNHEEDED WARNING TO YOU ALL WILL BE THE LAST THING YOUR BROWSING HISTORY EVER LOGS EVER

Is page 47 page 23 or 24 for sane people?

Sorrrrrrriiiiiaaaannn

Sorrrrriiiiiaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn

Soorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

That's the future. That's the future of this game.

Droplet

Because we're now one step closer to a cultist win, if my read on the rules is correct.

What? A cultist win depends on the cultists outnumbering the tourists. I imagine tourists outnumber cultists by quite a bit, so 2 tourists and one cultist down is a great start for a game. I mean, aside from our doctor being dead.

Sorrrrrrriiiiiaaaannn

He's also the past and the present. Time is a flat circle.

Sorrrrrrriiiiiaaaannn

If that future means victory and normalcy, I'm okay with this. I agree with your stance today, but I still don't agree with your playstyle.

Sorian

Banned
Is page 47 page 23 or 24 for sane people?

Posts 2301-2350

Because we're now one step closer to a cultist win, if my read on the rules is correct.

I don't know if I should be reading you as scum or just extremely new player. Yes, of course any tourist death is a set back but on day 1, the odds are extremely high that a tourist will be the one to die. I made the choice to pursue someone who was inactive and wasn't going to contribute much anyway and I presented an argument on why I also thought it could be a cultist hiding behind a mask of inactivity. The cultist part was wrong but the fact that removing an inactive person helps us overall still stands true.

What? A cultist win depends on the cultists outnumbering the tourists. I imagine tourists outnumber cultists by quite a bit, so 2 tourists and one cultist down is a great start for a game. I mean, aside from our doctor being dead.
All that is true, if you believe that the lynch of Tucah was just an unfortunate mistake. If it wasn't a mistake, though, it's going to keep happening and the same group are going to be behind it.

Do you really believe that everyone who voted to lynch Tucah was acting in the best interest of the island?

Do you really believe that the ringleader who started the bandwagon against Tucah was acting in the best interest of the island?

We tried, Blarg. The shuttle's been grounded.

I'll see you in another life, brother.

q6Rup7S.gif

Sorian

Banned
Do you really believe that everyone who voted to lynch Tucah was acting in the best interest of the island?

Do you really believe that the ringleader who started the bandwagon against Tucah was acting in the best interest of the island?

No

Conflict of interest for me to answer.
Yes

All that is true, if you believe that the lynch of Tucah was just an unfortunate mistake. If it wasn't a mistake, though, it's going to keep happening and the same group are going to be behind it.

These are questions you should be asking, but not questions you should be focusing on right now.

Sorian

Banned
Also, if we had lynched L_P, chances are both night kills would have been Tourists. So it kind of evens out, right?

If my theory on the third party killer is correct then Tucah would have been dead during the night phase instead. As far as I'm concerned, it still makes sense for them to be town-aligned if they just decided to go after the person that we didn't end up voting for.

btw, no one's even invalidated my plan, not even Sorian

You're all just pining for some "silence", when in reality I've never made a sound at all

We're on a forum

Sorian

Banned
btw, no one's even invalidated my plan, not even Sorian

You're all just pining for some "silence", when in reality I've never made a sound at all

We're on a forum

Which plan? The one where we keep you safe and precious until we can get you close enough to detonate you in the heart of the tentacle monster? In other words, we keep you alive long enough to use it later because your skill is stronger the higher level we are?

Yeah, I have two reasons against that and I've said both already. First off, I am still worried about the cult getting a buff from killing you. It's unlikely but it's a real possibility that we don't need to risk. Second, I think killing you now is the stronger play. We have to have an investigative power role, I'd be highly surprised if we didn't. They are alive right now, they could be dead by sheer luck at any time. I'd rather give them this chance to investigate.

Blarg, I'm sorry buddy, but it don't look like you're gettin' outta here in one piece tonight. You'd best come t' terms with that now, cuz at this point all it'll take is two more votes to put ya over the edge.

Also, I gotta disagree with yer assessment of me. I may be a lil rough around the edges, but I'm town through an' through. Sometimes you've just gotta get yer hands dirty if ya wanna get results.

Tomorrow will likely be Coppa vs. Charlie with some miscellaneous suspicions bein' thrown around once we see what happens tonight, but I'd wager that there's still more info we can glean from today. I'm curious to see what Neuromanca and nin have to say for themselves. Wonder if either of 'em is a gamblin' man.

Top Bottom