• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
. I just wanted to see an interesting game
By not communicating with your mafia Partner ?

.Nin just wanted to win. Badly. I guess those 2 mindsets just can't cross in Mafia.

Well if i Play in a game i want to win aswell, and nothing wrong with having fun, as i stated in the mafia Chat before my Problem with you was not that we had no fun it was that you did not communicate at all with me ;) I could have let you die that day but then you requested for some insane shit and i did it , saying that i dont want to have fun is not true at all then.
Hope you learn from this game in order to make the next one a better one :)

Sorian

Banned
I'm not playing again, don't worry.

It's always easy to be a Monday morning quarterback. If I'd role claimed I'd have died that night for sure and who knows who would have believed me about you.

Everyone? They would have seen that you were the investigator and you had said I was scum, they would have HAD to vote me out.

Sorian

Banned
I think your move was one of the boldest and best since it threw us back pretty hard :D
Sorian was the best cult partner someone could wish for. Deleting him from the game was excruciating.

Awwww <3 you too Nin even if you did bad mouth me during day 1 when I was still town.

roytheone

Don't say that!!

In my first mafia game, I got killed by a vigilante the very first night. At least you beat that lol!

Archer was my first mafia game, and I got killed by a vigilante the second night, and I only survived the first night because he got role blocked by a scum! ;)

Don't say that!!

In my first mafia game, I got killed by a vigilante the very first night. At least you beat that lol!
Its not just that. For one thing I didn't expect the time commitment of having to read 600 Sorian posts a day just to keep caught up. For another thing I don't like how the rules were not up front, so you had no idea what kind of characters would even be in play. (I realize some people might like that though, just not me since it makes planning and guessing almost impossible.) And finally I think games like this (I've played Resistance and Avalon with friends before) are better in person since you can get a better read on people. That said you all have fun next time and I'm glad I did it once.

By not communicating with your mafia Partner ?

Well if i Play in a game i want to win aswell, and nothing wrong with having fun, as i stated in the mafia Chat before my Problem with you was not that we had no fun it was that you did not communicate at all with me ;) I could have let you die that day but then you requested for some insane shit and i did it , saying that i dont want to have fun is not true at all then.
Hope you learn from this game in order to make the next one a better one :)

Okay dude.

Don't despair guys, ultimately every choice mattered, even if Neuro's decision was a hasty one that left us with no answers, it just added to the game and made it the more interesting to play. I mean it definitely had me confused and I didn't think they'd truly been wiped from the game but that's what it's all about. I mean... From the people who watched all three games, was ours the most interesting or did Archer's out do us?

Droplet

TWE (and nin to a lesser extent) had been on my radar since the third day but whenever I voiced my suspicions of them I got brushed aside or even had suspicion cast upon me :|

Sorry, but if you want your opinions to have any weight, you have to explain your reasoning more. My issue with you didn't have to do with who you were suspicious of, but how you tried to shut down Rats when he aired his own suspicions. Berating us for our Coppa vote was particularly annoying when nobody was going after anyone, and when I called you out on this and you brought up nin and TWE it sounded more to me like you were pulling their names out of your ass. If you had given us more than 5 words on each (and something more substantial than testing who the book goes to), I might have listened more, although I admit brushing aside TWE was dumb on my part.

lol I hope you don't mean everyone's reads because if someone wants to claim a good chunk of the town's win that would be ultron.

So salty.

ultron targeted Prodigy based on the conversation around him, we got Time purely through reasoning, and we fucked up nin's claim by settling on Worthy. I think we did pretty good as a team, all things considered. We really only had two real mislynches: Coppa and your boy Tucah. I disagreed on Blarg, but everyone was making an informed choice, and Flame made a claim so bad he just had to be lynched on principle.

What killed Prodigy was the second he said "We were all town" like oh my god. Even I was onto it straight away. He sealed his fate there and then.

Sorry, but if you want your opinions to have any weight, you have to explain your reasoning more. My issue with you didn't have to do with who you were suspicious of, but how you tried to shut down Rats when he aired his own suspicions. Berating us for our Coppa vote was particularly annoying when nobody was going after anyone, and when I called you out on this and you brought up nin and TWE it sounded more to me like you were pulling their names out of your ass. If you had given us more than 5 words on each (and something more substantial than testing who the book goes to), I might have listened more, although I admit brushing aside TWE was dumb on my part.

I'm just not very good at articulating myself without sounding overeager or flippantly accusatory :'(

What someone said about me in the dead thread is right: I can provide good backup once someone's under scrutiny but I lack the confidence and deductive ability to lead the charge without looking flimsy. Plus this was my first game, so I can only get better from here!

Well the good news for you guys I have no intention of playing again. I made the best decision I could at the time and all I did was get shit on for it.
Dude, don't listen. You made the game 10x crazier. Dead thread went nuts when someone used the go nuclear option

Thank god my original player scouted you out first day though, I'll have to ask him what his logic for that was

Reading that thread I laughed when Sorian was like "Is GC really Nagito?" looool. Too bad I don't fully know what he's refering to.

Don't worry Scrafty, you were a solid supporting character just like m--

So salty.

ultron targeted Prodigy based on the conversation around him, we got Time purely through reasoning, and we fucked up nin's claim by settling on Worthy. I think we did pretty good as a team, all things considered. We really only had two real mislynches: Coppa and your boy Tucah. I disagreed on Blarg, but everyone was making an informed choice, and Flame made a claim so bad he just had to be lynched on principle.

Man, the time lunch was me randomly picking between 2/3 people

I'm bad at this reading people thing

I was also SUPER rushed while that day was ending

RetroMG

Let's not fight, kids.

GC as Nagito stiiilll creeps me out. It's been said a million times, but if you like Mafia, you should give the Danganronpa games a shot.

Sorian

Banned
Reading that thread I laughed when Sorian was like "Is GC really Nagito?" looool. Too bad I don't fully know what he's refering to.

Don't worry Scrafty, you were a solid supporting character just like m--

I don't remember exactly what that was referring to but there were quite a few times where your posts were just that perfect level of insanity.

RetroMG

Oh, I read GC's post as him not knowing who Nagito is. Then I just realized that it was GC posting, and my brain shut down.

I don't remember exactly what that was referring to but there were quite a few times where your posts were just that perfect level of insanity.
I found it funny that you guys thought I was just an amazing guesser on the Sorian/neuro situation.

You didn't even figure out that I had nin in my crosshairs and that I was a motion detector after I sent you guys noted that explicitly said that XD

also, for anyone who hasn't seen what I'm talking about,

Nin1000, TWE, LoC, Timeaisis, Sorian, L_P, Blargobaut, you can all hold that L

Funniest part of dead thread: BLARG figuring out he was bulletproof

RetroMG

I found it funny that you guys thought I was just an amazing guesser on the Sorian/neuro situation.

I recall thinking you were crazy for your read on the Sorian/Neuro situation. I was completely wrong, and I can admit that.

I haven't gone through the Dead Thread besides looking to see what people said about me. I probably will tomorrow.

It was kind of silly and strange, but I LOVED Scrafty and GC as Akane and Nagito whenever they did it. Although now I worry that Ron and Hermione are going to show up in Night Vale.

I'm just not very good at articulating myself without sounding overeager or flippantly accusatory :'(

What someone said about me in the dead thread is right: I can provide good backup once someone's under scrutiny but I lack the confidence and deductive ability to lead the charge without looking flimsy. Plus this was my first game, so I can only get better from here!

Don't worry about it. I lacked conviction in my own abilities too, but my manner made me seem far more confident in myself than I actually was. I was too easily swayed by what other people were saying and never really stuck to my guns. It's telling that I was a voter in every majority while I was alive. Voting for Time and sticking with it was probably the biggest 'move' I made all game, as I actually pushed it to a tie and changed the flow a bit.

Other than that I just tried to focus the conversation in the right way and documented my thoughts, which is what I think you did too, and that's an important part of being a solid asset :)

I was quite embarrassed when I was dead and read back through some of my old posts, honestly. But I was happy to be able to learn from the experience and carry what I learned over to the next game.

nin1000

Banned
I was quite embarrassed when I was dead and read back through some of my old posts, honestly. But I was happy to be able to learn from the experience and carry what I learned over to the next game.
bnhfWr8.gif

Spoken like a true Queen

I recall thinking you were crazy for your read on the Sorian/Neuro situation. I was completely wrong, and I can admit that.

I haven't gone through the Dead Thread besides looking to see what people said about me. I probably will tomorrow.

It was kind of silly and strange, but I LOVED Scrafty and GC as Akane and Nagito whenever they did it. Although now I worry that Ron and Hermione are going to show up in Night Vale.

The biggest lesson to learn is that in regards to a night phase and an action as big as that don't ever assume someone was just being stupid. There's always a motive, because people will think over their night action

I tried and sometimes I succeeded.

It was kind of silly and strange, but I LOVED Scrafty and GC as Akane and Nagito whenever they did it.

Droplet told me off for using them too much so I held back on using them as much as I could. lol. But I'm glad I could please you.

vGQtEFM.png

I don't think anyone made bad posts, really. We were all just trying to play the game. Some of the more interesting players were killed a little too quickly but for the sake of our sanity they had to go. You know what I missed though? After early game NeverForever stopped posting Taylor Swift gifs. They were too perfect.

Swamped

Banned
This island sure was full of interesting characters, Akane, Nagito, Taylor. Would have been hilarious if Nin1000 had adopted his Barack Obama persona while he was still in this game lol

This island sure was full of interesting characters, Akane, Nagito, Taylor. Would have been hilarious if Nin1000 had adopted his Barack Obama persona while he was still in this game lol
That would make no sense though.

Nin did go blargonaut though, which was sort of fantastic
Oh, yeah, you forgot blargonaut

Swamped

Banned
That would make no sense though.

Nin did go blargonaut though, which was sort of fantastic
Oh, yeah, you forgot blargonaut

I like that Obama makes no sense, but Taylor marooned on an island does XD

How could i forget Blargy-boy? He was the secret-not-so-final boss lol. All those Blarg/Sephiroth comparisons still make me laugh loudly!

#Team800Feet

Also, awwww Neuro, please come back and play again :< My second time at GAFia was a totally different experience than my first. I love my Archer crew, including the mafia and the neutrals <3 Neuro, you probably made a call that some others disagreed with but that's just their opinions!... everyone tries their best to make a decision based on imperfect knowledge and assumptions so I think you did okay. I totes was thinking that Sorian was too damn loved at Day 1 and 2 stages, myself.

I didn't realise that there's so much bitterness in Cthulhu crew ;____; I think you guys did nicely! TOWN WON! :D and... the how victory was achieved, no matter how tricksy the paths getting there had been, one thing is clear for certain: IT HAD TO BE TEAM EFFORT~ right? :D

Nin1000, love your energy, and I could feel your frustration when Sorian got deleted off the game

Scrafty, I likey your accents! It was so funny when you suddenly changed the way you speak :>

Rats/Drop, amazing duo!

ultron, terrific luck and amazing sniping skillz at timeaisis at the three-way tie mark :D

Really, all of you played good, I think. I just want to spread some positivity in here ^_____^ Cthulhu was really awesome to watch :>

TWE (and nin to a lesser extent) had been on my radar since the third day but whenever I voiced my suspicions of them I got brushed aside or even had suspicion cast upon me :|

To be fair, the only reason me and Droplet kept overlooking Worthy is because it didn't seem like he was strategizing with a secret partner on a private board.

Turns out we were right, but that doesn't mean he wasn't scum!

Sorian

Banned
To be fair, the only reason me and Droplet kept overlooking Worthy is because it didn't seem like he was strategizing with a secret partner on a private board.

Someone (maybe one of you two) said that halfway through the game and I started laughing at work.

I'm gonna learn from your example and be a better player in the next game. Not gonna drop my schtick, but at the very least I can contribute more and help put scum in their place.

Sorian

Banned
Thanks! As I said in the OT, I was unbelievably lucky to be paired with Droplet. We had a weak role, mechanically speaking, but I think we made the absolute most of what we were given. I couldn't have done it without her.

Funny you say that, masons are actually some of the strongest town roles.

I'm gonna learn from your example and be a better player in the next game. Not gonna drop my schtick, but at the very least I can contribute more and help put scum in their place.

This was a learning experience for me, as well. I quickly found out that it's not enough to just make good reads. You have to be persuasive. You have no idea how frustrated I was after the first two days. Day Three was me trying to prove to myself that I could actually influence the game to my liking. If I seemed stubborn or like I was tunneling, that was the reason. Coppa, too, was an important lesson in humility, and one I had to learn early.

It took a bit of soul searching, but at the end of Day Four it all came together and I finally hit my stride. I'm immensely proud of that moment. It's my highlight of the game, easily.

Flame_AC

I think we can all agree that faking roles is the best thing to do as a Town person. It makes it that much more fun when it blows up in your face!

nin1000

Banned

I lol'ed. Thanks everyone for this amazing game it was my first time playing as scum and what a game that was. I initially thought there was only one mafia team. With the reveal of the book and then the 2nd team I almost lost my shit. Every day something more insane was revealed :D. I tried to play it down a bit this time of course since I was mafia but damn was my avatar change fitting. I did it before I got the role FYI but did not want to backtrack in order to not get any attention :p. Well effing played everyone :) I can't wait for season 4 and hopefully you will all have aa good time.

cabot

I lol'ed. Thanks everyone for this amazing game it was my first time playing as scum and what a game that was. I initially thought there was only one mafia team. With the reveal of the book and then the 2nd team I almost lost my shit. Every day something more insane was revealed :D. I tried to play it down a bit this time of course since I was mafia but damn was my avatar change fitting. I did it before I got the role FYI but did not want to backtrack in order to not get any attention :p. Well effing played everyone :) I can't wait for season 4 and hopefully you will all have aa good time.

nin we'll be good mafia together. We'll laugh and kiss and grab each other's arses.

Okay, maybe only one of those things will happen but at least we'll win.

Dude, don't listen. You made the game 10x crazier. Dead thread went nuts when someone used the go nuclear option

Thank god my original player scouted you out first day though, I'll have to ask him what his logic for that was
#Team800Feet

Also, awwww Neuro, please come back and play again :< My second time at GAFia was a totally different experience than my first. I love my Archer crew, including the mafia and the neutrals <3 Neuro, you probably made a call that some others disagreed with but that's just their opinions!... everyone tries their best to make a decision based on imperfect knowledge and assumptions so I think you did okay. I totes was thinking that Sorian was too damn loved at Day 1 and 2 stages, myself.

I appreciate it but for my other reasons given I don't think I'll be playing again. I appreciate it though.

Who scouted me and why I wonder?

Top Bottom