• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

muggen76

I am from Germany and have a great experience. Checking my pings I doubt I ever got one worse than 45ms.

Sometimes, not very often i find lobbys with pings like that aswell. I try to stay on them if i find a working one. But it's hard. Also when having problems my ping is close to that aswell but it peaks up to 400 and back down. Every 5 seconds orso

It's so strange, I feel it works just fine for me 90% of the time

Perhaps there's some lag that is there but does not affect me as much as someone else

Mines the same, I've had maybe 2 or 3 laggy games that have hampered my performance. Few little times the servers might go down for a few minutes at a time too but other than that it's been a great experience.

Question to you guys... do you mostly play alone or say with one other person? I'm East Coast US outside a big server center and it plays MUCH, like i mean worlds, better when i play solo or with my girlfriend (sitting next to me in the game room on her own PS4)... see... problem is i'm in a clan and always play with a full party of guys from around the country...

This is when the connection crap starts. It's either this side, or that side of the lag comp in "good" quality matches... or it's crazy ping jumps to 400 up and down to 5 for what seems like random people on both teams over and over and the match is a nauseating lag fest.

Such a shame... it's loads of fun... but playing solo... not my thing :(

jorgejjvr

Question to you guys... do you mostly play alone or say with one other person? I'm East Coast US outside a big server center and it plays MUCH, like i mean worlds, better when i play solo or with my girlfriend (sitting next to me in the game room on her own PS4)... see... problem is i'm in a clan and always play with a full party of guys from around the country...

This is when the connection crap starts. It's either this side, or that side of the lag comp in "good" quality matches... or it's crazy ping jumps to 400 up and down to 5 for what seems like random people on both teams over and over and the match is a nauseating lag fest.

I started playing solo at first, but, lately I'm here every night telling people I'm getting on so they can join xD

I also invite people all the time, as I prefer to play with people

Still does not make a difference that I can tell

I started playing solo at first, but, lately I'm here every night telling people I'm getting on so they can join xD

I also invite people all the time, as I prefer to play with people

Still does not make a difference that I can tell

Man, i'm jealous! Idk, i might be more sensitive to some of the more subtle lag compensation that others... but i get so many horrible, unplayable games where it's a 1 second difference between teams and there are a handful of players teleporting around the map. Ugh...

I'm in England and on PC and haven't had any connection issues either, I had a few at launch but I put that down to the fact that it was the launch.

I'm in Ireland and get literally no higher than 40ms ping playing with what I assume is all EU players. Playing with US people I get around 135 which is still playable but I have to compensate a bit and pre aim a lot.

jorgejjvr

Man, i'm jealous! Idk, i might be more sensitive to some of the more subtle lag compensation that others... but i get so many horrible, unplayable games where it's a 1 second difference between teams and there are a handful of players teleporting around the map. Ugh...
Yeah I think I would notice that, I mean I HAVE, but not often at all

I've seen more people lagging in my games. They bounce around in the final kill cams too, from their perspective and mine so I don't think it's me.

Yeah i cant play (ok i can it's just shit putting up with it) anything above 80ms lag... i'd be so down for a tiered system where they break up player groups based on connection. Make the low bandwidth high latency players play each other and give us other players are own matchmaking. If an entire lobby has sub 40ms ping there shouldn't be any issues really. I'd deal with slower matchmaking or what have you for better connections.

jorgejjvr

Yeah i cant play (ok i can it's just shit putting up with it) anything above 80ms lag... i'd be so down for a tiered system where they break up player groups based on connection. Make the low bandwidth high latency players play each other and give us other players are own matchmaking. If an entire lobby has sub 40ms ping there shouldn't be any issues really. I'd deal with slower matchmaking or what have you for better connections.
Where are you guys seeing these ping numbers? I only see the green bars

EL CUCO

I think on consoles you guys all have to fight for a spot on a dedicated server cause the community is so crazy huge.

On PC everyone is nice and cozy on our dedis cause we got enough room for everyone.
Yeah I definitely feel like this is the case. When my hit markers are MIA, that's when you know lol I was in a game the other day showing 4 bars but I knew something was up because my hit markers were MIA and it felt like people had about half a second over me in every encounter. Sure enough my ping was bouncing around from 100-180 for some reason. I usually have around 20-30.

Very next game, back to my normal ping and doing well. Not sure if a lag spike or what. But there are definitely some games that dont feel as crisp as others.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The Brecci is super fun to use on Combine. Had a couple of great Kill Confirmed games, so much so that two guys in a party on the other team switched to the Brecci the next game to kill me.

First impressions with the game: I really like it!

The aiming is great and the movement is fluid.

I do have to say though, I really miss the more tactical shooters of old with no sprinting, boosting, sliding all that kind of stuff.

It's just getting all too fast for me I think. That said, I am enjoying myself.

What are the best assault rifles? I'm currently using the KN 44 I think it's called? Is that thing any good?

I think on consoles you guys all have to fight for a spot on a dedicated server cause the community is so crazy huge.

On PC everyone is nice and cozy on our dedis cause we got enough room for everyone.
Part of the reason I've ordered two PC version's for my girlfriend and myself as a Christmas gift.

All of our friends went from PS4 to PC because they said the connection was far more stable.

I'll then own a PS4, PS3, PC and Xbox 360 version... Vahn is wiping his ass with my money.

When Nuketown became part of regular rotation in Black Ops 2, did it also become part of Ground War?

If it did, I can't wait to play some Ground War on nuketown!

bbd23

CUmpL0_UwAAAS0u.png:large

jorgejjvr

I'll probably be online soon. I hope to have some more fun games with all of you guys again (whether it's beasting or actually having to fight for the win, I'll most likely have fun regardless). Anyone up for it?

-TGM

First impressions with the game: I really like it!

The aiming is great and the movement is fluid.

I do have to say though, I really miss the more tactical shooters of old with no sprinting, boosting, sliding all that kind of stuff.

What are the best assault rifles? I'm currently using the KN 44 I think it's called? Is that thing any good?

This is exactly why I'm not playing cod anymore and haven't since MW2. I feel like I used to be really good at shooters but tried black ops and advanced warfare and they're just not for me anymore. That said I still play bf4 every now and then.

Heh, I guessed that would be happening. Meanwhile I'm gonna do camos for snipers and shotguns in Hardcore FFA.

High Caliber and Laser Sight are very helpful for AR headshots and Laser Sight for SMGs. I'm waiting for double XP so I can get those fast for each gun.

Brohan

Im up for some games, anything is cool but I like groundwar most. Won't be able to chat tho cuz my gf is sleeping but i'll be able to listen just fine.

Origin-7k is my psn

BDP

Neo Member

Personally my favorite COD was WAW from a multi-player perspective exactly for this reason. No red dot sights, no boost jumping...just old fashioned WWII style weapons with no frills.

Sometimes, not very often i find lobbys with pings like that aswell. I try to stay on them if i find a working one. But it's hard. Also when having problems my ping is close to that aswell but it peaks up to 400 and back down. Every 5 seconds orso
Yeah I've had this too, good pings, sub 15ms then it spikes to 200-400ms, with 400ms seemingly the ceiling of the graph.

Mega annoying. And I know it isn't affecting just me because when it happens there's people joining and leaving frequently, so people clearly get fed up with the lag and leave.

When it works, it's smooth. When it lags it is unplayable.

Brohan

I have not had too much problems with lag but rather with the match ups which are just not balanced... Somehow i keep getting the team that is filled with people that don't know what they are doing.

Top Bottom