• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Killed someone with a Cerberus package:

WXG1ORgQJ1i3S.gif

xRaizen

For the life of me I can not hit headshots with the Sheiva. I just unlocked High Caliber too, and thought I had a guy perfectly lined up, but nope.
The Sheiva was the easiest AR for me to complete the 100 headshots on, especially the one shot kill headshots after unlocking High Caliber.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dual Wield seems to have some bugs. The first I noticed is that when you dual wield the L-CAR 9, the headshots you get add to both the normal camo challenges and a separate count, as if the dual wielded version of the weapon is being treated as a completely different gun. Didn't mind that so much though, 'cause it just meant I was getting more XP for completing headshot challenges.

However, after prestiging the L-CAR 9 once and getting it back to max rank, I found another, more bothersome bug. If you try to equip the clan tag to the dual wielded L-CAR 9's, the 3d model will disappear in the create-aaclass screen , and when you try to use it in a match, you will be stuck with just your fists.

Lastly, when trying to do the camo challenge where you have to get 5 bloodthirsty medals with the L-CAR 9 alone, the game didn't seem to count any bloodthirsty medals I earned while dual-wielding the weapon (which is a pain because I can shred with it dual wielded, but it's pretty mediocre otherwise). That to me again seems to suggest that the dual wielded version of the weapon is being treated as a separate weapon entirely for some odd reason.

Swarna

The Drakon is a straight-up better Shiva. Built-in high calibre, better range than long-barrel+Shiva, higher RPM, and still a 2-shot kill with a suppressor at all ranges. Only the ADS time is slightly slower. No other advantages on the Shiva I can think of atm. I wonder why people are sleeping on it.

Jblanks

I did see a unusually high amount of 7th+ prestigers yesterday including a max prestiger. Prestige glitch would make sense.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Dat xr-2. I used it for a bit a launch then I thought people said it was nerfed so I stopped using it. Just went back to it to level up since double xp, and man that gun is a monster. I'll be the first to admit that I'm average at this game but my last 3 games with it ended with 1.5, 1.45 and a 3.00 k/d(TDM). Felt good getting some score streaks lol.

I know. I used my Prestige token on the M8A7...thought it was good, but not great. Decided to try the XR-2 and damn! It's way better. Higher damage and rate of fire makes all the difference. What happens if you slap rapid fire on it (not worth it on the M8A7).

My main problem with using burst fire guns is that I get wrecked when it comes to run-n-gun moments or when somebody sneaks up on you. I used the Overkill Wildcard and use an SMG along with the AR, but I find it wasteful of slots.

Any suggestions, GAF?

Bolivar687

Banned
My main problem with using burst fire guns is that I get wrecked when it comes to run-n-gun moments or when somebody sneaks up on you. I used the Overkill Wildcard and use an SMG along with the AR, but I find it wasteful of slots.

Any suggestions, GAF?

Hipfire. Blops3 lets you hold down the fore button to cycle bursts, so just let it go like that.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are only $30 on Amazon right now.

Anyone who doesn't have the game yet and just wants Multiplayer/curious individuals, the versions are certainly worth $30, IMO.

I own both, as well as the PS4 version, so I'm slightly qualified in saying it's worth it as I'm familiar with the game.

It is ugly, yes, and the PS3 version drops frames in heavy action, but the Multiplayer and Zombies game is the same at it's core.

zeelman

I did see a unusually high amount of 7th+ prestigers yesterday including a max prestiger. Prestige glitch would make sense.

We just had a double xp weekend. People tend to play a lot during that, and having a good SPM (400+) makes you level even faster.

I think one of the challenges is bugged. Need to kill people with the Dual Wield attachment.I have a MR6 with Dual Wield. But after a match it still says0/10.

Sigh.

Yup, no matter what I try with my Dual Wield pistols, the Dual Wield challenge under Combat Handling still says 0/10 kills, when I've killed multiple people with my Dual Wield pistols. Annoying.

WaLlbaNg

Is the last vision puls challenge bugged? I just did a triple kill and everyone was tagged but it didn't count for the challenge

Jblanks

We just had a double xp weekend. People tend to play a lot during that, and having a good SPM (400+) makes you level even faster.

Yea I know, I've played almost 2 days full and am only low 3rd prestige, while playing quite a bit last weekend, and usually finish top 3 every game. My SPM is in the high 300s, but I mainly play Ground War and it includes Safeguard which is very hard to even get over 300 SPM.

I was just surprised, and it may have been legit, but knowing there is a prestige glitch made me question them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The VMP's TTK makes me feel like I'm playing Ghosts again whenever I run into it (at least 3 people every match). I don't have time to react to it even when the shooter doesn't see me coming

EL CUCO

Got all the outfits for Ruin. Working on Outrider now. One sure way for me to end a kill streak, pull out the sparrow. God I suck with that bow.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Burst guns are way too forgiving of misses in this game

I think they're perfectly balanced to be honest. With perfect accuracy they should always beat full auto guns, and if you limit their ability to recover from a missed burst too much you just make them useless at close-mid range. I don't think the M8 needed to be buffed in that last patch, but it's not OP as it is now.

I'm biased though as I've always been a fan of burst fire weapons in the game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Right. I think I've finally found the gun that suits me best, the XR2.

I use the ELO sight, High Caliber, Stock and rapid fire with it and it's good for long and medium range.

I used Fast Mags and decided it didn't need it due to how fast it reloada. For those who use the XR2, is rapid fire even worth it? Or replace it with long barrel?

Going to give the Pharo a go once I unlock it. I mainly used the Razorback due to its range, but it gets wrecked when you meet someone up close.

Top Bottom