• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I think they're perfectly balanced to be honest. With perfect accuracy they should always beat full auto guns, and if you limit their ability to recover from a missed burst too much you just make them useless at close-mid range. I don't think the M8 needed to be buffed in that last patch, but it's not OP as it is now.

I'm biased though as I've always been a fan of burst fire weapons in the game.

M8 has been unbalanced ever since they bothered to buff an already good gun. Firerate needs a nerf. Having accuracy goes out the window when using it since its so forgiving with the short burst delays and the much faster RPM per burst. I don't know what the hell Treyarch drunk when they decided to touch the gun, but I definitely would like a reference.

There was already little reason to use the XR-2, the buff just made the gap even more miniscule. It is already gaining more usage because of it too. Seeing more and more of it in my games and its become really obnoxious.

To make matters worse, they thought it was a good idea to nerf the XR-2. -_______________-

jorgejjvr

Well, the M8A7 doesn't automatically cycle bursts, right? That's somewhat of a handicap, I would say. You need to have a good rhythm with your trigger finger to burst it right. Also, I've used the M8A7 and (at least for me) it sucks catastrophically at close range.

Its not like you need some kind of rhythm to use it. You just mash the trigger.

There is no real benefit to the autoburst feature outside of saving your triggers from damage.

Its what the XR-2 wants to be in nearly every way.

WaLlbaNg

In competitive the first ban(my vote)/ protect is usually the M8, without it the game is pretty balanced. But the M8 itself is responsible for sich ridiculous one burst that most people suck without it. It is always funny seeing people get slaughtered when they are not able to use the M8

Oh awesome, how you liking it so far??

We still talking about the pharo right? xD

I love it

Yep it's really suprised me, I've been able to continue my run and gun playstyle but add just a touch of range to my game. The Kuda seemed a bit inconsistent at times but the pharo in the few games I played felt really solid. I had no intention of using a burst fire gun thinking in close range it would get decimated but it really holds its own.

I have a 1.5 k/d with the Kuda and a 2.3 with the pharo - whether or not that's due to more general improvements (map knowledge etc) it's hard to say though! Will be interesting to see if that drops over time or stays consistent.

Xater

Right. I think I've finally found the gun that suits me best, the XR2.

I use the ELO sight, High Caliber, Stock and rapid fire with it and it's good for long and medium range.

I used Fast Mags and decided it didn't need it due to how fast it reloada. For those who use the XR2, is rapid fire even worth it? Or replace it with long barrel?

Going to give the Pharo a go once I unlock it. I mainly used the Razorback due to its range, but it gets wrecked when you meet someone up close.

Long Barrel is the secret best attachment for every AR.

No joke, half of my deaths tonight have been spawn kills. I just played a match where I was 4 and 19 because the game refused to spawn me anywhere else on the map and was shot within three seconds of reviving. And it's doing this thing where all the other players turn to level one, and when I enter the match the lobby is empty. So I quit, and that's counted as a loss.

Whatever. I think I'm just done with Call of Duty. It's the same problems every year, and I'm yelling at my TV way more than I'm having fun.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
M8 has been unbalanced ever since they bothered to buff an already good gun. Firerate needs a nerf. Having accuracy goes out the window when using it since its so forgiving with the short burst delays and the much faster RPM per burst. I don't know what the hell Treyarch drunk when they decided to touch the gun, but I definitely would like a reference.

There was already little reason to use the XR-2, the buff just made the gap even more miniscule. It is already gaining more usage because of it too. Seeing more and more of it in my games and its become really obnoxious.

To make matters worse, they thought it was a good idea to nerf the XR-2. -_______________-

By unbalanced, you mean the M8A7 is overpowered, right?

What did they change/buff on the M8A7 post-release?

Well, the M8A7 doesn't automatically cycle bursts, right? That's somewhat of a handicap, I would say. You need to have a good rhythm with your trigger finger to burst it right. Also, I've used the M8A7 and (at least for me) it sucks catastrophically at close range.

Yep. Unless ya got lucky and get all four shots in the upper body or headshot, you're pretty much toast against SMG peeps.

Long Barrel is the secret best attachment for every AR.

Really? It makes that big of a difference? I haven't tried it yet.

In competitive the first ban(my vote)/ protect is usually the M8, without it the game is pretty balanced. But the M8 itself is responsible for sich ridiculous one burst that most people suck without it. It is always funny seeing people get slaughtered when they are not able to use the M8

Is the M8A7 really that overpowered? Isn't the XR-2 better in the sense that it has a faster rate of fire, and higher damage overall? I dunno, I seem to do better with the XR-2, since I have a chance whenever I go into CQB battles due to its high damage.

What makes the M8A7 super powered aside from it being accurate (which isn't really that big of a deal since almost every gun is accurate in Black Ops 3 unless you're sniping). Genuine questions. :) The last few posts made me think. I used the M8 a few rounds now, and while I did well, I'm still not sure if it's even better than the XR-2.

WaLlbaNg

Is the M8A7 really that overpowered? Isn't the XR-2 better in the sense that it has a faster rate of fire, and higher damage overall? I dunno, I seem to do better with the XR-2, since I have a chance whenever I go into CQB battles due to its high damage.

What makes the M8A7 super powered aside from it being accurate (which isn't really that big of a deal since almost every gun is accurate in Black Ops 3 unless you're sniping). Genuine questions. :) The last few posts made me think. I used the M8 a few rounds now, and while I did well, I'm still not sure if it's even better than the XR-2.

They patched the M8´s firerate with a gamelist update or something (I´m also sure they patched weapons again 2 days ago without talking about it, because the Man-o-War had a significant higher fire rate yesterday, which I noticed immediately cause I play the Man-O-War often for slaying in competetive matches. So it might be able to compete with the M8 (I think it is superior in non headglitch gunfights now, if it was really buffed).

I´m not sure about numbers, but the M8 bursts the bullets much faster than pre-patch (you had to kind of keep track of your enemy to ensure all your bullets would hit before the patch) and therefore is superior to the XR-2. Then there is also the burst delay of the XR-2 which favors the M8 strongly. I thought the M8 was already the best headglitch weapon pre patch, due to its vertical recoil (resulting in headshots - combined with high caliber guaranteed 1bursts - and even without it you can get some ridiculous 1bursts)

You can pretty much observe this because most tryhards in pubs are using M8´s and you have little chance in a direct gunfight with other weapons if the player has a strong headglitch and / or is not complete shit.

The M8 even randomly outguns smgs in close quarters, it happens a number of times that your enemy just panic fires and kills you 1 burst from hipfiring

The XR-2 is still a really good gun (which I already played in the beta for a bit - cause I liked the SWAT in BO2 even if it was shitty) - and it can ramp up kills pretty quickly when in a good position and with the right attachements(stock, high caliber, long barrel is a must)

Anyone has stuttering sometimes on XB1? Isn't always and sometimes is after i kill someone. I saw a few people asking this on reddit. I don't know if it's server problems, game problems or my console.

jorgejjvr

Funny how my mood affects my performance on this game

If it is late and night and I'm tired, I won't do as good. If I've been playing for too long, I need a break or I will start to do worse. If I'm not having a good day, I might rush and not think which gets me killed etc.

Then there's that afternoon/night when it's only you and the game, and you focus and go ham each and every time

xD

Calabi

Funny how my mood affects my performance on this game

If it is late and night and I'm tired, I won't do as good. If I've been playing for too long, I need a break or I will start to do worse. If I'm not having a good day, I might rush and not think which gets me killed etc.

Then there's that afternoon/night when it's only you and the game, and you focus and go ham each and every time

xD

I'm the same just lost like five matches because I couldn't really be bothered. It maybe wouldn't have been so bad if I wasnt the best player in my team in most of the matches, so everyone on my team must have been having a bad day. The team balance of this game is next to non existent though.

Increased firerate for whatever reason. I use OP as a catch-all term so I do find it OP now.

It can easily outgun the XR-2, Shieva, ICR, KN44, and any LMG at mid to long range due to how miniscule the recoil is and the very short burst delay. Even at close range, it can hold its own vs other ARs and sometimes a SMG if you have Stock to sport. The only thing against it is that it is burst fire which doesn't much when the delay is short as hell.

It is too good. If they leave it how it is, it will definitely start to become a trend and people will start to notice that the gun is close to its Beta version which was somewhat worse than the one we have now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone has stuttering sometimes on XB1? Isn't always and sometimes is after i kill someone. I saw a few people asking this on reddit. I don't know if it's server problems, game problems or my console.

Yeah I get that too, more often recently. Had a game yesterday where nearly the entire match stuttered even though everyone had 4 bars.

Connections have been better lately, but Combine and the stomp-prone matchmaking are getting tiresome. I simply don't understand why people would want to play domination in Combine all the time.

I seem to be warming up to ICR-1. It's a bit of a hitmarker machine, but it's really accurate and nice to use. On smaller maps it's Vesper/HVK/VMP though. I've accepted the fact that I will never learn to snipe effectively.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135853.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Call of Duty 2XP Mountain Dew Bottlecap code -- MB-AB1198C664C985DC - Taken by adriano999
Redeem it yourself at DewandDoritos.com before Jan 1st

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Increased firerate for whatever reason. I use OP as a catch-all term so I do find it OP now.

It can easily outgun the XR-2, Shieva, ICR, KN44, and any LMG at mid to long range due to how miniscule the recoil is and the very short burst delay. Even at close range, it can hold its own vs other ARs and sometimes a SMG if you have Stock to sport. The only thing against it is that it is burst fire which doesn't much when the delay is short as hell.

It is too good. If they leave it how it is, it will definitely start to become a trend and people will start to notice that the gun is close to its Beta version which was somewhat worse than the one we have now.

I gather it will get patched then? I don't see a lot of people use it still. Most use SMGs.

They patched the M8´s firerate with a gamelist update or something (I´m also sure they patched weapons again 2 days ago without talking about it, because the Man-o-War had a significant higher fire rate yesterday, which I noticed immediately cause I play the Man-O-War often for slaying in competetive matches. So it might be able to compete with the M8 (I think it is superior in non headglitch gunfights now, if it was really buffed).

I´m not sure about numbers, but the M8 bursts the bullets much faster than pre-patch (you had to kind of keep track of your enemy to ensure all your bullets would hit before the patch) and therefore is superior to the XR-2. Then there is also the burst delay of the XR-2 which favors the M8 strongly. I thought the M8 was already the best headglitch weapon pre patch, due to its vertical recoil (resulting in headshots - combined with high caliber guaranteed 1bursts - and even without it you can get some ridiculous 1bursts)

You can pretty much observe this because most tryhards in pubs are using M8´s and you have little chance in a direct gunfight with other weapons if the player has a strong headglitch and / or is not complete shit.

The M8 even randomly outguns smgs in close quarters, it happens a number of times that your enemy just panic fires and kills you 1 burst from hipfiring

The XR-2 is still a really good gun (which I already played in the beta for a bit - cause I liked the SWAT in BO2 even if it was shitty) - and it can ramp up kills pretty quickly when in a good position and with the right attachements(stock, high caliber, long barrel is a must)

I use the XR-2 and M8A7 now, but was using the Gorgon, Sheiva and Razorback before. Watched Driftor's vid on Rapid Fire, and still unsure whether to use it on burst weapons. It cycles bursts faster, but not even sure if needed.

It doubles the damages ranges on all ARs, so yeah it's a big deal.

http://youtu.be/mYBtYelHQ3A

Hot damn! Holy shit! I never used it before. Going to test it out ASAP. :)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up using my permanent unlock on the Pharo, couldn't go without it and my limited time with the M8 couldn't sway me.

Only other real option for me was Counter UAV, but that's unlocked by 27 anyway, and Engineer was tempting.

The early guns are good enough(Kuda, KN-44, X-R2) that I probably won't use it on a gun next time unless I unlock all camos for them by then.

jorgejjvr

Ended up using my permanent unlock on the Pharo, couldn't go without it and my limited time with the M8 couldn't sway me.

Only other real option for me was Counter UAV, but that's unlocked by 27 anyway, and Engineer was tempting.

The early guns are good enough(Kuda, KN-44, X-R2) that I probably won't use it on a gun next time unless I unlock all camos for them by then.
I used it on the pharo as well, no regrets

Rixxan

Any tips for obtaining a nuclear in Domination or FFA?

Edit: doing some Dom if anyone wants to play

run UAV, counter UAV, and HATR

and pray the other team is mostly shit

ghost and dead silence probably a must as well

i wish you luck, i've died 3 times at like 27/28, these brutal medals just taunting me

ill have it soon enough

Whatever. I think I'm just done with Call of Duty. It's the same problems every year, and I'm yelling at my TV way more than I'm having fun.
I feel you. I've had lots of games where I get 30, 40, or 50 kills, with not many deaths, and I still get irritated. The level of nonsense, and a devolution of the playstyle has just gotten to be too much. I've bought every game since COD 4, and this will likely be my last one unless a lot of things change.

The skill gap has lowered too much, there is way too much randomness, and it's quickly becoming a game that is suited for one play style. It just makes me sad.

aristotle

Hey there gorgeous.

Be careful. It's now Duck season.

duck-season.jpg

PreFire

It doubles the damages ranges on all ARs, so yeah it's a big deal.

http://youtu.be/mYBtYelHQ3A

That's good to know, but the guy in the video needs to learn how to use a VMP. That gun has tons of recoil, and requires controlled bursts. It's one of my go-to smg's

Been playing Hardcore TDM almost exclusively now because I was getting tired of emptying clips into people, killing them. Then as I do a forced reload, his baiting teammate jumps out of nowhere and kills you. Not to mention the terrible netcode where you get shot around the corner, and the first bullet you shoot never registers if it's after sprinting.

But now I'm getting tired of Hardcore TDM because there are scrubs who just sit back and spawn camp, kill your dumb teammates because they keep rushing out in the open, and call in ridiculous scorestreaks lol

I've had great games though. I've only 40 bombed twice though, averaging above 2kd overall. It could be better, but I always play solo :/

jorgejjvr

That's good to know, but the guy in the video needs to learn how to use a VMP. That gun has tons of recoil, and requires controlled bursts. It's one of my go-to smg's

Been playing Hardcore TDM almost exclusively now because I was getting tired of emptying clips into people, killing them. Then as I do a forced reload, his baiting teammate jumps out of nowhere and kills you. Not to mention the terrible netcode where you get shot around the corner, and the first bullet you shoot never registers if it's after sprinting.

But now I'm getting tired of Hardcore TDM because there are scrubs who just sit back and spawn camp, kill your dumb teammates because they keep rushing out in the open, and call in ridiculous scorestreaks lol

I've had great games though. I've only 40 bombed twice though, averaging above 2kd overall. It could be better, but I always play solo :/
Let's play together then?

Might change your mind about core

I would also suggest objectives, like domination, in tdm people just pick a spot and camp

My psn: jorgejjvr

Damn. I just tried the Pharo because people in this thread were hyping it up, and I'm not sure if it was a placebo effect or not, but I did even better than usual. I was my team's MVP in almost half the games that I played today, and top 3 in the others. It doesn't have the range as my Kuda or my AR Man'o'war, but its other qualities are impressive.

jorge and everyone else using it, what attachments are you using? I've always used silencers on my SMG's, but I don't know, I can't decide if it's worth it or not. Stock and grip have worked well for me, so I got those two on it too. I'm not sure about laser sights since I rarely hipfire, and they do make you easier to spot. I also haven't unlocked extended mags yet. I use it on my Kuda since it's a necessity for double and triple kills, but Pharo seem to be doing alright without it.

EDIT: And yeah, servers went down on PS4, that's why I came here ;b

Top Bottom