• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

jorgejjvr

i might change to cerberus. As much as i love the talon, i hate getting in to these things and control them. It recks tho.

Also the wraith need a buff in flares or something, it's ridiculous how fast you can shoot it down
That's why I bring it along with the raps with both together coming, people don't usually know what to take out first. At the very least, one of them stay, once the raps land that's all it takes

I tend to be in their spawns at that point, and don't let them do much

I find that combination allows for a lot of kills and people don't take them out that fast or at all

I actually managed to get the GI Unit once. It got destroyed almost immediately. Not using that shit any more!

I replaced it with Mothership, but I'm probably not going to get to use it before I prestige and have to wait for a high level again. Not using a permanent unlock on a scorestreak.

jorgejjvr

I actually managed to get the GI Unit once. It got destroyed almost immediately. Not using that shit any more!

I replaced it with Mothership, but I'm probably not going to get to use it before I prestige and have to wait for a high level again. Not using a permanent unlock on a scorestreak.
The mothership can be good, but I also had moments that it got destroyed before it even got to the map. It has like a slow delay before getting there

That's why I bring it along with the raps with both together coming, people don't usually know what to take out first. At the very least, one of them stay, once the raps land that's all it takes

I tend to be in their spawns at that point, and don't let them do much

I find that combination allows for a lot of kills and people don't take them out that fast or at all
thats actually pretty good idea, changing it up now :)

Radec

7 player party and we haven't played a whole game without someone getting dc or the game crashing the whole hour.

Wtf Treyarch. This is not like what you did in Blops2.

Raps get destroyed pretty easily, and are easily avoided too. Wraith can rack up a lot of kills, but it gets shot down so damn fast....

Yeah a lot of the killstreaks that are extremely effective can go down really easily. I didn't even know the HATR could get shot down I assumed it was like the Blackbird in BO1. Turns out it isn't. I guess it's an effective balance of the scorestreaks. You can even shoot down care packages and RAPS ships before they even deploy their load.

drotahorror

I know this is a lame post but I have very little drive to ever play this again after getting diamond shotguns and seeing how awful they look.

The only kill streaks really worth it in the game are probably the Talon, Cerberus, both UAV's, and depending on what game mode, the Lightning Strike and Hellstorm. The rest really suck. Thinking about it, my favorite set of killstreaks are probably from MW3, even though it's my second least favorite CoD in the series.

Nah, I think most of them are good. I use the care package though because of it's low scorestreak requirement, and you can get some great stuff from it, even if it's rare.

Strider

oh wait. Havent played in a bit but I see they added lobby leaderboards... dope.

I take it service records are still private though?

jorgejjvr

Although it sucks when your streaks get taken down

There is a sense of balance to them, some can be really good, and you can go ham. However, they can all be taken down, which as hard as it is to say, it makes sense

Bo2 while I love the streaks and I hate to admit it, were a bit OP, you felt helpless.

Although it sucks when your streaks get taken down

There is a sense of balance to them, some can be really good, and you can go ham. However, they can all be taken down, which as hard as it is to say, it makes sense

Bo2 while I love the streaks and I hate to admit it, were a bit OP, you felt helpless.

Some of them are damn hard to take down though. The Wraith or whatever it's called cannot be hurt by the Blackcell, and the Talon comes like a good damn mosquito and wrecks you before you can say merry christmas.

Fury451

Banned
The only kill streaks really worth it in the game are probably the Talon, Cerberus, both UAV's, and depending on what game mode, the Lightning Strike and Hellstorm. The rest really suck. Thinking about it, my favorite set of killstreaks are probably from MW3, even though it's my second least favorite CoD in the series.

Kind of agree, but I've come to love the Dart myself.

Some of them are damn hard to take down though. The Wraith or whatever it's called cannot be hurt by the Blackcell, and the Talon comes like a good damn mosquito and wrecks you before you can say merry christmas.

Damn do you have the special wraith that can't be shot down? How do I get it?

Mine get shot down before I get more than 2-4 kills and I shoot them down just as fast using the black cell. I think it's the black cell on the default class with the launcher.

Damn do you have the special wraith that can't be shot down? How do I get it?

Mine get shot down before I get more than 2-4 kills and I shoot them down just as fast using the black cell. I think it's the black cell on the default class with the launcher.

Blackcell can definitely shoot down Wraiths.

Unless I'm mixing up the names and am thinking of something else, the big flying warship turns invisible when you try to shoot it with the Blackcell. I've tried several times.

Rixxan

Disagree that raps is bad, if nothing else it forces the enemy into scrambling away and compromises their position - but it also racks up kills quite often

Wraith Raps and HATR together do work imo

jorgejjvr

Disagree that raps is bad, if nothing else it forces the enemy into scrambling away and compromises their position - but it also racks up kills quite often

I might try that, hater, wraight and raps

But I do feel like wraight + raps work, the raps almost always reach the ground intact like that

It's my favorite streak

I think I'd take a mixture of MW3 and Ghosts.

I'm a fan of how the did support streaks that don't reset on death. MW3 had some stupid items in support (rolling thunder for example), but I think it is a nice option for objective/weaker players to run.

The IMS was very useful and calling out a support squadmate on objectives was very handy when the rest of your team didn't give a shit about objectives! Loved the Night Owl from Ghosts too.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Man, I haven't been this hooked on a CoD in a while. Really enjoying everything about this (except for the shit lag every now and then) especially the weapons. I think Treyarch is doing a good job of weapon balance this go, especially compared to previous CoD's.

aristotle

Unless I'm mixing up the names and am thinking of something else, the big flying warship turns invisible when you try to shoot it with the Blackcell. I've tried several times.

It turns invisible off and on no matter if you're using the blackcell or not. It's a stealth ship. If you use engineer, you can always see it.

BTW, got my Nuclear last night and a few other Dark Ops challenges. I need to finish getting my Merciless medals to finish off that challenge in the Killer section now. Only 24 more to go! (240 kills) Ugh.

anyone else ignoring all the camos and rocking the basis look?

Me - most of the camos are ironically crazy colours and a bit of a target

For whatever reason I'll shoot the guy with the bright green gun before I'll shoot the guy next to him and I can only imagine it's becuse im registering him a bit quicker

BTW, got my Nuclear last night and a few other Dark Ops challenges. I need to finish getting my Merciless medals to finish off that challenge in the Killer section now. Only 24 more to go! (240 kills) Ugh.

Sadly Nuclear is completely trivial now with the gun game boosters around. Nuclear on FFA though, that's still godlike lol.

Treyarch needs to make it so that if you get 0 points in a match, you don't get cryptokeys. Anything else can be the normal amount, just get any points to prove that you are actually playing.

drotahorror

Hmm dunno about that with the KRM having terrible range and the Haymaker being as it is post-nerf.

KRM is the worst. Haymaker still seems fine, the Brecci is a monster and so is the Argus. All of them need rapid fire and long barrel. Argus is really the only exception when it comes to those, but I definitely still run it on the argus. Quickdraw, rapid fire, long barrel for the argus. Stock is great on it too. It's a gun that you have to ADS or you're liable to get hit markers. Give the shotties a shot in FFA, they're ridiculous. I really only like shotguns on a few maps when it comes to team games, but any map they're great in FFA.

I have close to 4k kills with shotguns so far.

Meia

I do really dig the hardened sentry, though it unlocks very late in terms of prestige level. Thing takes 3 rockets(or like 15 knife swipes) to take out now. Of course 1 EMP grenade can take it out, but I still rarely see people bothering to use them.

Uh... Well, playing on PC, I'm enjoying the Campaign a ton.

I hated my first playthrough of it on PS4, and thought it was a mess, but playing now with locked up 1080p, 120fps, no odd 30fps cutscenes and with my expectations in check for the story, it's such a better experience.

Most of the trippy stuff is still nonsense, but it's a fun action-movie COD campaign underneath. Not on the level of BO1/2, but more like Advanced Warfare or Modern Warfare 3.

No love for the Guardian or Sentry Gun? I especially love the Sentry Gun. Feels more lethal than previous game. Put down 2 of those suckers and you'll force them to come through 1 lane.

Cerberus is such a little beast, especially when you control it.

Rolling Thunder makes all this noise but hardly gets any kills lol.

Talon is like an annoying mosquito but does some work. I didn't know you could call in 2 of them..

When i'm done with challenges, I'll probably stick with Sentry, Talon and HATR.

h0tp0ck3t

Does the 30 key box only give you rare or better or can you still get common crap? Tempted to start saving up since all my pulls lately have been trash

Does the 30 key box only give you rare or better or can you still get common crap? Tempted to start saving up since all my pulls lately have been trash

Don't do itttttt! lol. 30 key box will give you a rare item or higher but the other 2 can still be common crap.

Stick with 10.

Rixxan

No love for the Guardian or Sentry Gun? I especially love the Sentry Gun. Feels more lethal than previous game. Put down 2 of those suckers and you'll force them to come through 1 lane.

Cerberus is such a little beast, especially when you control it.

Rolling Thunder makes all this noise but hardly gets any kills lol.

Talon is like an annoying mosquito but does some work. I didn't know you could call in 2 of them..

When i'm done with challenges, I'll probably stick with Sentry, Talon and HATR.

I don't want to spam the thread with gameplay but this 78-3 round I had yesterday is all the evidence you need to see just how solid the wraith/raps combo can be - the wraith especially was a total beast for me in this one

http://youtu.be/RXa-DcpmlKQ

Don't do itttttt! lol. 30 key box will give you a rare item or higher but the other 2 can still be common crap.

Stick with 10.

Oof, I've been doing 30s

Is the community convinced 10 is the way to go?

PSYGN

That's what I run. I don't have the HATR unlocked (will perma-unlock next prestige), so I use the Talon which helps scout nearby enemies as I rush and also shoots nearby enemies so I can get the last bullet in (although sometimes it steals my kill and gives me assist points, it still helps me against multiple enemies). The RAPS distracts the enemies a lot and keeps them out of their camping spots which is my weakness as a rusher.
I'm 400spm 4kd as of yesterday in TDM :D

Top Bottom