• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Xater

The Dredge continues to be my favorite gun. I can actually beast with it. Had a TDM match where I went 30 to 2. I am garbage with SMGs and I am still not sure about which AR I like the best. Let's not talk about shotguns and sniper rifles...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What are your thoughts on the Purifier? It always takes me a decent chunk of time to earn, and when I use it I am lucky to get a kill or two. Am I doing something wrong?

I was struggling with it at first too, treat it like a shotgun. Pre-fire around corners if you think somebody is there. Most of the time they'll die if you light them on fire even a little bit.

jorgejjvr

I've been practicing with the xr2

Joined a game late, and a losing game at that.

Still managed to pull a crazy comeback, will be uploading.

Looks like I'm a all burst fire weapons in this game

Edit: here it is =

https://youtu.be/-koEdfpQb2g

There was a moment where my controller run out of battery so it stopped my game. Had to plug it in lol

alatif113

Coming from Blops2 where i would get 3+ k/d every game, I can barely stay positive here. People are really hard to distinguish from the environment along with the fact that enemy players don't have a specific outfit like in older cods.

What are your thoughts on the Purifier? It always takes me a decent chunk of time to earn, and when I use it I am lucky to get a kill or two. Am I doing something wrong?

Purifier is for when you know someone is around a corner, spray early and go nuts waving it around if you think multiple people are in there, all you have to do is tag someone and they are fucked. I've got a ton of multi kills clearing out rooms with it. You definitely want to save it for those situations, don't blow it on an easy kill.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The Dredge continues to be my favorite gun. I can actually beast with it. Had a TDM match where I went 30 to 2. I am garbage with SMGs and I am still not sure about which AR I like the best. Let's not talk about shotguns and sniper rifles...

Criminally underrated. It's basically Cod 4's m16. it's my go to weapon if i start getting irritated by shitty teammates.

jorgejjvr

All I'm missing for the master killer calling card are a couple more quad feed medals and collateral medals. Any tips for getting either of those?

had a domination where we were down like 70-140 or something stupid, ended up getting the wraith and HATR, totally shifted the momentum, we won by 15 or so after all that. It was like the team came to life. we were dominating them and they were just getting cut down after spawning. This was on the winter map so it was more open near the domination points. The wraith seemed to work well there.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Apparently, people are saying the Drakon is OP now? I've certainly come across more users of it recently. I gather, it's 1-2 hit to kill for headshots upper body with high caliber, right?

I watched a kill cam and saw a guy using a suppressor, recon scope with it and just pick me and others off with headshots and whatnot. o_O

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3umrzx/for_the_love_of_fun_just_remove_the_drakon_from/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3umptn/pc_please_do_something_about_the_drakon_this_is/

These are Reddit PC threads, but I'm noticing the same on PS4. Drakon out Shevia's the Sheiva apparently.

GodofWine

Apparently, people are saying the Drakon is OP now? I've certainly come across more users of it recently. I gather, it's 1-2 hit to kill for headshots upper body with high caliber, right?

I watched a kill cam and saw a guy using a suppressor, recon scope with it and just pick me and others off with headshots and whatnot. o_O

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3umrzx/for_the_love_of_fun_just_remove_the_drakon_from/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3umptn/pc_please_do_something_about_the_drakon_this_is/

These are Reddit PC threads, but I'm noticing the same on PS4. Drakon out Shevia's the Sheiva apparently.

If the user can actually aim good, locus is superior.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

It's really annoying getting spammed to death by one after you put 3-4 bullets into them, but what can you do?

Just unlocked Long Barrel for the Man-O-War.. Yeah, this is really good.

Lol Ripper is really fun; I've been using it for the first time the last couple hours. It's fun to just use with a run and gun class when I don't care too much on what's going on.

I think I my top 3 are Battery, Firebreaker, and Reaper still though; but glad I found a 4th that I like.

The Ripper is GOAT. So satisfying to get triple kills with it. Love how fast it recharges.

jorgejjvr

I seem to have bad timing with you. If I'm open, you're busy with life, when you're open, I'm in a party already. lol

I'll try to be more aware since I always feel bad when I see that you invited me but I just joined someone else.

Cool. I'll add you later when I get on.
Haha we'll make it happen one of these days bruh

Radec

Coming from Blops2 where i would get 3+ k/d every game, I can barely stay positive here. People are really hard to distinguish from the environment along with the fact that enemy players don't have a specific outfit like in older cods.

For me it's either people have gotten better at this gane or I sucked ass.

Removal of tactical insertion crippled me. Sitting at 1.13 kd feels weird compared to 3+ in blops2.

jorgejjvr

I would say that the silencer is awful on every assault rifle EXCEPT the KN-44. You see, the KN-44 is a 3-4 shot kill. Without a suppressor, the 3 shot range is pretty sucky anyway, and you'll mostly get four shots. With a suppressor, you'll definitely lower the 3 shot range, but I feel that only makes the weapon more consistent since it means you'll pretty much ALWAYS have a four shot kill no matter what.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure the Sheiva handles/fires faster. The Drakon is powerful, but it's still pretty limited in its situation effectiveness, like most snipers in the game.

RMI

Banned

makes sense actually, I started leveling up the Sheiva and after using it for a little while went right back to the Drakon. I'm not even that great a shot playing on the PS4 but aiming high gets me lots of head shots and even if I miss or don't kill on the first shot the ROF is pretty good.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
If the user can actually aim good, locus is superior.

I don't use snipers, but I've picked a Locus up and got a few kills. More people are using the Drakon though.

It's really annoying getting spammed to death by one after you put 3-4 bullets into them, but what can you do?

I hate that too. I use the XR-2 now mostly, and I use the ELO sight which gives a huge disdvantage when encountering someone long range. I get a few hitmarkers and then I get one-shotted. :(

Haha we'll make it happen one of these days bruh

You down for non-US peeps or will that mean lag? XD Tired of playing with randoms.

Can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure the Sheiva handles/fires faster. The Drakon is powerful, but it's still pretty limited in its situation effectiveness, like most snipers in the game.

I like the Sheiva. My main gripe is the trigger limit, which coupled with the DualShock 4's crappy and spongy triggers, means some of my clicks don't register. :( I've lost count how many times I've died because of it. I now use the XR-2 and the M8A7, but prefer the XR-2.

jorgejjvr

I don't use snipers, but I've picked a Locus up and got a few kills. More people are using the Drakon though.

I hate that too. I use the XR-2 now mostly, and I use the ELO sight which gives a huge disdvantage when encountering someone long range. I get a few hitmarkers and then I get one-shotted. :(
I'm on

You down for non-US peeps or will that mean lag? XD Tired of playing with randoms.

I like the Sheiva. My main gripe is the trigger limit, which coupled with the DualShock 4's crappy and spongy triggers, means some of my clicks don't register. :( I've lost count how many times I've died because of it. I now use the XR-2 and the M8A7, but prefer the XR-2.
I'm on right now

Add me?

Matty8787

Played kill confirmed yesterday for the first time and now it is my favorite mode!

Using the pharo I get positives most games.

PC btw.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

That's why I still use R1 & L1 for shooting and aiming. Can't do semi autos nearly as good with the big trigger.

Jblanks

I understand losing close range gun battles to SMGs with the Razorback, but constantly losing close range battles to ARs needs to change.

Nori Chan

Just got all the skins for Outrider.

Don't know who to pick next to start getting their skins. Probably Seraph as soon as I unlock her, and then just keep rotating until the prestige.

Orca

This might be the best 10 key unlock of all time.
screenshot-original4yhubz.png

Top Bottom