• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Been playing again tonight and yeah the first warning for Lightning Strike is still there, must have been an audio bug last night.

But as you have already worked out it has reduced the time to drop after calling the bombs in, down to ~2.5s from ~4s apparently.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Best weekend for me. Myself and my other Black Ops toting friend will have finished exams, my PS+ sub expired but Sony is also having free Online that weekend.

Perfect way to relax after being so high strung over tests this past week.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Felt like Wraith took more rockets to shoot down today, but I didn't get to test whether or not it takes one before it reaches the map.

Skittles

Just got this, matchmaking seems really fucked lol. At level 10 and still getting matched with people who are 35-50. Also, the dredge is god damn ridiculous.

What attachments do you guys use on the Pharo? I've been using it with QuickDraw + lasersight for a bit now, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What attachments do you guys use on the Pharo? I've been using it with QuickDraw + lasersight for a bit now, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

I have Quickdraw, Laser Sight and Stock on it right now, no sights. I've never used Rapid Fire on it because I always prestige it right away but that's supposed to be really good on it too.

jorgejjvr

I change it up from time to time, but I would say quick draw, stock, grip, and elo sight work great for me. I may add another attachment like extended mag in there

Ensoul

So it said tag and back X2 on my screen yet I checked the challanges and it didn't count toward the hornet helmat.

This challange is fucking broken. I've been at this for three goddamn days.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
ShadowsFell and I had some pretty good games the other day, weren't able to completely dominate but I think we were consistently number one and two most of the time.

to me, the issue is less about sight lines, and more about the speed, movement, size of the maps, spawn switching, and how good smg's are. Even if you can find a spot to hold down, your position becomes compromised so quick because there are so many ways to get to you, and smg's wreck everything up close so you don't stand much of a chance when that happens. If you got a good, coordinated team to watch your flanks, defensive play can work, it's probably the preferable strategy actually. In a general setting though, with randoms I can't even trust to see everything in front of them, rushing and getting the drop on people seems like the only thing I can do on the small to medium maps.
I agree with most of this. I've been saying this for a while. It feels like the game has devolved more and more into one playstyle through the past few CoD games. It's super disappointing, and as a long time player of the series, it makes me sad. It also makes me think this might be my last CoD game unless things change. And I've been playing CoD multiplayer online since CoD 4.

Sorral

Went against bots for two long runs of hard point to get used to sniping for a bit to get used to it for regular MP and man, it's actually working out much better for me than I expected with the Locus. Going positive, and actually helping with the objectives. I managed to get a few quick scopes in somehow instead of missing. PSSSSST sounds all over the map! Rather surprised how much I am enjoying it now.

I might have to drop launchers for a pistol because close qaurters combat is a pain still.

Honestly sniping in this game is way too easy. Reminds me of MW2...

I disagree mainly because it was way easier in MW2 with aim assist.

Jblanks

Went against bots for two long runs of hard point to get used to sniping for a bit to get used to it for regular MP and man, it's actually working out much better for me than I expected with the Locus. Going positive, and actually helping with the objectives. I managed to get a few quick scopes in somehow instead of missing. PSSSSST sounds all over the map! Rather surprised how much I am enjoying it now.

I might have to drop launchers for a pistol because close qaurters combat is a pain still.

I disagree mainly because it was way easier in MW2 with aim assist.

If sniping is too easy what is everything else then?

It was probably a hyperbole, but you shouldn't be able to put a red dot and silencer on a drakon and it be a 1 shot kill.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It was probably a hyperbole, but you shouldn't be able to put a red dot and silencer on a drakon and it be a 1 shot kill.

You shouldnt be able to ADS with any SMG while already being shot by an AR or an LMG and get the kill yet here we are..

Drakon is only a one shot kill in the neck or head if I'm not mistaken. And don't sniper rifles in this game have no aim assist? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sniping in this game is really enjoyable, and I'd say it's pretty skillful.

You shouldnt be able to ADS with any SMG while already being shot by an AR or an LMG and get the kill yet here we are..
I've gotten killed by SMG's at farther ranges than in any CoD I can remember, even when I'm set up at a medium distance with an LMG. Maybe the UMP in MW2 could do some of that at those ranges? But my memory is fuzzy on that. That gun was a bit overpowered in my opinion.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I've gotten killed by SMG's at farther ranges than in any CoD I can remember, even when I'm set up at a medium distance with an LMG. Maybe the UMP in MW2 could do some of that at those ranges? But my memory is fuzzy on that. That gun was a bit overpowered in my opinion.

AK74u in BO was pretty bad as well.

Jblanks

I don't know I do just fine with ARs in this game. MW2 - UMP, CoD4 - MP5, BLOPS1 - 74u, maybe BLOPS2 - MSMC, were all worse than any SMG in this game. It's just that every SMG is actually good in this game why people think that SMGs run everything, at least that's what I think it is. I do just fine with ARs.

^ Oh damn that clip is pretty bs, can't say I've seen anything that bad; although you were still hurt.

I don't know I do just fine with ARs in this game. MW2 - UMP, CoD4 - MP5, BLOPS1 - 74u, maybe BLOPS2 - MSMC, were all worse than any SMG in this game. It's just that every SMG is actually good in this game why people think that SMGs run everything, at least that's what I think it is. I do just fine with ARs.

^ Oh damn that clip is pretty bs, can't say I've seen anything that bad; although you were still hurt.
I actually think that, while a few SMG's do need to be nerfed a little, it's not the SMG's that are the main problem. It's the movement system, unlimited sprint, and probably map design to an extent that ruins it. If you're playing domination, and being a tactical sniper in an elevated position, and someone has the ability to just hold a button and float right into a window next to you and spray at you with a Vesper SMG when you have a sniper rifle, what are you supposed to do about it? You're basically screwed. In the past, all styles were viable. In that past situation SMG rushers had plenty of tools to deal with such a person; flash bangs, grenades, shock charges, rockets, shooting through the wall with FMJ, taking the time to find a way to sneak in.

In the past a tactical sniper would largely fight with other snipers, LMG users and such. SMG users could still get around, but it took more wits, more tactics. Anytime I play with an SMG in this game I marvel at how easy it is to get around the map most of the time.

My stats are actually better in this game than they were in Black ops 2, but I had more fun in Black Ops 2. Because it felt like a much more tactical game with more interesting and varied ways to approach it. I like playing with SMG's sometimes, but I can see how disproportionately skewed the game is to that rushing SMG playstyle, while weakening the tools and viability defensive players, or more tactical players have.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My memory is pretty foggy on that one.

Although speaking of such things, check out this ridiculous clip. Can anyone guess the SMG used before it shows up?

http://xboxclips.com/ShadowsFell/0af61b36-27ce-474d-94b6-b9932eec7d1a

Edit: What makes it even more hilarious is that upon watching the clip again, I realized that the SMG was using a SUPRESSOR at that range, as well.

While I agree that this is kinda ridiculous you had taken damage from the other guy (who you wrecked up close with an LMG) and dude got a lucky headshot.

That said, I definitely wouldn't be against a slight range nerf for SMGs. It's quite embarrassing losing out to a VMP user from half way across the map when I'm running an AR. :(

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I think AR's are the best overall weapons. SMG's do encroach in AR/LMG distances though, which is really my only beef with them. Even though I'm not a fan of the runny spazzy flippy playstyle, plenty of people are and I wouldn't want to ruin their fun. I think a 20 percent range reduction on SMG's would be plenty fair.

Top Bottom