• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here you go-

ISSUES ADDRESSED:
◾Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
◾Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
◾Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
◾Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
◾Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
◾Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
◾Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
◾Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
◾Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
◾Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
◾Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
◾Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
◾Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
◾Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

GAMEPLAY TUNING:
◾Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
◾Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
◾Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
◾Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
◾Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
◾Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
◾Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

I admit I took advantage of the spawn points. This morning I was playing a game and stayed at the other side of the map, running back and forth until players spawned. It was fun but told myself "this needs to be fixed." Haha, how convenient.

...Aren't those from Black Ops 1?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they get the patch out on PC soon, can't wait to burn my duplicates.

They also show you how many keys you've earned after a match:

9dhIK9w.png

Jblanks

Everyone gets 200 free cod points if they log in for a short period of time (days most likely) starting tomorrow. Looks like you can only buy Rare supply drops with these points, no common; via CharlieIntel.

Hikami

Wish I had done FFA sooner. Getting 10-20 headshots a match.

Pretty cool update. Those 1000 prestige levels sound like they'd keep me busy enough til the next Treyarch CoD.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting nothing but terrible connections now, 1 bars. It was fine until the last 20 minutes.

Yup I guess I'm done for the night, this is stupid.

No change on LMGs, still a 90%(I think) range reduction.
Where did you see that it left LMG's the same? The patch notes I saw just said there was a suppressor change. If that's true, it's fucking ridiculous. Not to mention the BRM is a crap substitute for the MK48 from Black Ops 2, with less ammo in the mag, and thus, less ammo overall that you carry.

Yea I'm going for Dimaond LMGs now, and not a fan of the BRM so far..
I've got diamond on all my LMG's. The MK48 had a 100 round mag, with 200 extra rounds. The BRM has 75, with 150 extra rounds. Supposedly the BRM fires at a weak ass 525 RPM, compared to the MK48's 625 RPM. (I think.)

Not to mention, after playing with both in their respective games, the BRM feels much less accurate even with grip, than the MK48 does without a grip. Hard to measure I know, but it was much more consistent feeling. Not to mention the suppressor made it great, where in this game the suppressor totally screws the BRM, and all of the LMG's.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but for a million reasons, it's so easy to see what kind of playstyle this game was designed for, and catered to. It just irritates me.

Whaaaa. Brm is legit.
I do good work with it, and have more kills with the BRM than any gun in Black Ops 3, but it's a garbage version of the MK48 from Black Ops 2, and the suppressor just makes it awful, whereas the suppressor on the MK48 was a monster in Black Ops 2.

Skittles

Trying to get the diamond skin on the mr6, the other pistols are just so fucking bad compared to it. I'm on right now if anyone wants to do some games PSN: Skittles2

Playing against GAF tonight made me realize how much great teamwork can absolutely destroy in Domination. Especially when Jorge gets all his scorestreaks in the air lol. That one match you got the mothership....good lord.

Too bad I didn't get to play with you guys more, but for some reason when I accepted the invite it kept giving me an error message. So I had to join the old fashioned way haha and ended up on the other team almost every time.

Anyway GGs tonight, as always GAF.

jorgejjvr

Playing against GAF tonight made me realize how much great teamwork can absolutely destroy in Domination. Especially when Jorge gets all his scorestreaks in the air lol. That one match you got the mothership....good lord.

Too bad I didn't get to play with you guys more, but for some reason when I accepted the invite it kept giving me an error message. So I had to join the old fashioned way haha and ended up on the other team almost every time.

Anyway GGs tonight, as always GAF.
Haha, yep, a gaf team can really put in work!!

Was the match of the mothership you mentioned on Hunted or Stronghold?

Since I got one in both those games. You wouldn't believe, I almost got it more than once, at one point I was at 90 score away, and another at 25 score away -.-

I have to say I love the mothership now, I permanently unlocked it. I also love the razorback now after the buff as well, will be my next permanent unlock, and the one in stronghold was my first time using suppressor after buff

Definitely love the suppressor and razorback combo

Man this game keeps getting better and better

Love it, we had some great games!

Haha, yep, a gaf team can really put in work!!

Was the match of the mothership you mentioned on Hunted or Stronghold?

Since I got one in both those games. You wouldn't believe, I almost got it more than once, at one point I was at 90 score away, and another at 25 score away -.-

I have to say I love the mothership now, I permanently unlocked it. I also love the razorback now after the buff as well, will be my next permanent unlock, and the one in stronghold was my first time using suppressor after buff

Definitely love the suppressor and razorback combo

Man this game keeps getting better and better

Love it, we had some great games!

Yeah it was the Stronghold match I was referring to with the mothership. At one point I just hid inside to wait out the end of the match lol. That razorback is a beast too; I'm definitely going to unlock that permanently on my next prestige. You sold me on it haha.

Yeah it was the Stronghold match I was referring to with the mothership. At one point I just hid inside to wait out the end of the match lol. That razorback is a beast too; I'm definitely going to unlock that permanently on my next prestige. You sold me on it haha.

I was doing support in that mothership.

I got 0 kills ;_;

jorgejjvr

Well, here are both my mothership game play from tonight

In this one I switch to the razorback after a bit, and could have gotten it more than once... I was so salty when I was 25 score away.. Haha

https://youtu.be/eKqu8pNTqhg

And this is the Stronghold one, first try with it and suppressor, went well!

https://youtu.be/F4RboYAPML0

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yes so legit when 20 other guns are better.

I wasn't even crying about it either, lol but nice drive by post.

You ok guy? Where did I even say you were crying about something? I was surprised at your comment. I think its a good gun. I don't know where it ranks overall but it's certainly not bad. The fuck is it with people on this forum and this 'drive by post' shit? Jesus fuck.

Jblanks

You ok guy? Where did I even say you were crying about something? I was surprised at your comment. I think its a good gun. I don't know where it ranks overall but it's certainly not bad. The fuck is it with people on this forum and this 'drive by post' shit? Jesus fuck.

Sorry thought the comment 'whaaaa', implied me crying about it

Has anyone ever gotten a mothership in a care package? Even with Engineer and dozens of re-rolls I've never seen one. Is it even possible?

Idk, I hardly use care package and the highest thing I've gotten is a wraith. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a G.I. unit from one either.

Haven't seen one either. And I play care package/engineer the whole time its available.

Checking on Google it seems it's a 0.4% chance to get it in a care package. So not impossible lol. I figured it would be around 1%.

So mothership is 1700 score right? I can't see that happening for me often. Although tonight I did get the ruthless medal (15 kills without dying) but that's the first time I've had that in 40 hours of online lol.

jorgejjvr

Checking on Google it seems it's a 0.4% chance to get it in a care package. So not impossible lol. I figured it would be around 1%.

So mothership is 1700 score right? I can't see that happening for me often. Although tonight I did get the ruthless medal (15 kills without dying) but that's the first time I've had that in 40 hours of online lol.
Video above :p

And yes, 1700

Idk, I hardly use care package and the highest thing I've gotten is a wraith. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a G.I. unit from one either.

I can attest that I have gotten a GI unit once before in a care package. Seems like I get RAPS and Wraith quite a bit which is awesome. I really like the Talon too.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sorry thought the comment 'whaaaa', implied me crying about it

No not at all. It was a drawn out 'what' like a disbelief..kinda thing..anyway. Pretty much all of us complain about something on here, it would be bad sport to call someone a crybaby. I'm still surprised you dont think its good though. ELO with grip and rapid fire and that's a decent gun.

Jblanks

No not at all. It was a drawn out 'what' like a disbelief..kinda thing..anyway. Pretty much all of us complain about something on here, it would be bad sport to call someone a crybaby. I'm still surprised you dont think its good though. ELO with grip and rapid fire and that's a decent gun.

To be fair I don't got Rapid fire for it yet. I'll be trying it for sure once I get it.

It's not like it's bad, it's decent but either I just got used to ARs/SMGs, and I don't really use LMGs in any CoD, and/or it's hard to use LMGs with the quick pace action of this game. I already got like 60 headshots though which is nice.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
To be fair I don't got Rapid fire for it yet. I'll be trying it for sure once I get it.

It's not like it's bad, it's decent but either I just got used to ARs/SMGs, and I don't really use LMGs in any CoD, and/or it's hard to use LMGs with the quick pace action of this game. I already got like 60 headshots though which is nice.

Yeah it's kind of hard to make the argument for LMG's over AR's. Especially when some of the LMG's play close to how old AR's used to. Dingo is basically the G36C from Cod4.The dredge is basically the M16. If you can get over the movement and ADS penalty, LMG's have better hip fire and slightly better max range damage. Plus they look cool. Try out some of the other ones. When you get used to them they're super fun.

Jblanks

Yeah it's kind of hard to make the argument for LMG's over AR's. Especially when some of the LMG's play close to how old AR's used to. Dingo is basically the G36C from Cod4.The dredge is basically the M16. If you can get over the movement and ADS penalty, LMG's have better hip fire and slightly better max range damage. Plus they look cool. Try out some of the other ones. When you get used to them they're super fun.

Yea I like the Dredge quite a bit; but haven't used it for a few prestiges since I was getting SMGs/ARs diamond. It was my class I used to take down scorestreaks. Hopefully it isn't nerfed into the ground now though... Gorgon I don't really like, and the Dingo I haven't used in awhile because I didn't like it even though I enjoyed it a lot in the beta... Tbh though I pbly won't use LMGs once I get them diamond; except the Dredge for my anti-scorestreak class, I just prefer the feel and use of an AR for my range battles, and have never enjoyed/gotten used to them in any CoD.

Top Bottom