• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Waldini

Connections in BO3 are still all over the place. One game you are wrecking people when you just fart in there direction .. and the next game you are throwing grenades, 2 ammo-clips and your empty gun at them at they wont die. It's nowhere near AW levels of frustration though ... thats for sure. But why COD doesn't use dedicated servers after 10+ years is beyond me.

Fuck this Hybrid-Dedicated bullshit. I'm from The Netherlands and always at a big ass disadvantage when I'm "connected" to someone from Australie or 'murrrica.

Ensoul

Well finally strung together a night of good games. I flat out stopped running in the middle of the maps and just stuck to the sides and when I killed someone I rarely went for the confirms.

I wonder if my TV has something to do with this why I have been struggling. I have a 46" samsung TV. It's a pretty good TV but when I put the "game mode" on the PQ suffers. I moved my ps4 in my finished attic which has 40" sony bravia and that TV is just so much better for gaming. It's clearer and I just see better.

Metfanant

Pretty darn accurate :p
CYPO1-iW8AEjWlN.jpg

It's funny how opposite HC plays apparently...some are still spot on, but some not even close

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Connections in BO3 are still all over the place. One game you are wrecking people when you just fart in there direction .. and the next game you are throwing grenades, 2 ammo-clips and your empty gun at them at they wont die. It's nowhere near AW levels of frustration though ... thats for sure. But why COD doesn't use dedicated servers after 10+ years is beyond me.

Fuck this Hybrid-Dedicated bullshit. I'm from The Netherlands and always at a big ass disadvantage when I'm "connected" to someone from Australie or 'murrrica.

Ha! You're not the only one, buddy! Welcome to my world! I get 80-90ms normally. Anything under that? I almost pee in excitement since that means proper time to kill times, etc.

I played a few matches with a group that was so terrible. And worse thing is, I was always paired up with them! Mind you, these were prestige people but mostly went 9-23, 5-18, etc. Stupidly hard to carry them. I rushed the enemy Dom point and managed a triple kill and was assuming some of them will cap B. But nope. I see all of them camping in that house in A and repeatedly get crushed.

I didn't quit out of the lobby since I was waiting to be put on the other side (read: against them) and just killing them all. After two consecutive games that I forced myself to carry their ass, they quit the lobby. :( Sigh!

Repo Man

Fucks sake here we go again... was having perfectly decent games with players of my skill level... map vote comes up and its either the same map again or Exodus so everyone who votes, vote random and metro comes up and every fucker jumps ship... C'mon! Yeah its not the best map in multiplayer gaming history but its not that fucking bad is it ?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fucks sake here we go again... was having perfectly decent games with players of my skill level... map vote comes up and its either the same map again or Exodus so everyone who votes, vote random and metro comes up and every fucker jumps ship... C'mon! Yeah its not the best map in multiplayer gaming history but its not that fucking bad is it ?
it's pretty bad. that whole area in the middle with two tracks is so fucking stupid.

i dont personally quit out because after two months i dont want to play one map over and over again, but its awful.

Repo Man

it's pretty bad. that whole area in the middle with two tracks is so fucking stupid.

i dont personally quit out because after two months i dont want to play one map over and over again, but its awful.

Hmm, guess I might be in the minority then as I quite like the map aesthetically. Sure gameplay wise its not the best and I do agree to some extent with what you say about the middle bit with the train tracks but I'm gonna throw my controversial opinion here and say that I rather play Metro than Nuketown :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So uh.. is this a glitch or are people actually already lv1000? They all had hero armor and dark matter too.

Glitch/hack/exploit of some sort. Seen it a lot. Lvl 1000 shouldn't be achievable at this stage in time. I don't know how level progression slows down once you hit prestige master, but getting to level 1000 would at the very least require near to 19 more prestige-like progressions on top of the 10 it takes to get to prestige master.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have no problems with Metro, aside from the one side of the map(the stairs/wall run side) being disconnected kind of from everything else.

Speaking of train maps, I think Express would make a great redesigned map for BO3. Unlike some other maps from previous games, this one wouldn't need much work at all in adapting it. There are already wallrun spots, different levels for boost jumps, and you can put the lower section under water if you feel like.

SlimySnake

Hmm, guess I might be in the minority then as I quite like the map aesthetically. Sure gameplay wise its not the best and I do agree to some extent with what you say about the middle bit with the train tracks but I'm gonna throw my controversial opinion here and say that I rather play Metro than Nuketown :p
lol Yes, me too. Nuketown is awful. It's actually kinda like the train tracks in metro now that I think about it. Especially the middle part where you can get shot from anywhere.

someday

Banned
I like it too.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just played a match where I'm again, paired with the weakest of the weak and then I was wondering why it takes the enemy a ton of bullets to kill. Yep, checked my connection and my ms is 150-180ms. Fuck this shit. Call of Duty is the only MP game where I have this problem. Activision is so cheap that they can't even roll out dedicated servers.

When the franchise falls, and almost every behemoth does at some point, I gather that's when they'll even consider full on dedicated servers.

Calabi

Man vision pulse is like the worst ability. I've had about, must be 50 matches and still havent the 2 kills challenge, I'm always instantly killed, or run out of ammo or the timer runs out.

edit: And what do you know as soon as I say it I finally get.

eek5

Man vision pulse is like the worst ability. I've had about, must be 50 matches and still havent the 2 kills challenge, I'm always instantly killed, or run out of ammo or the timer runs out.

edit: And what do you know as soon as I say it I finally get.

The ability itself isn't even that bad. The timing on the handing out tag and bag medals is awful. The window is absolutely tiny. I've gotten multiple triple kills w/ 1 medal and some with none. I've killed before, during, after.. I have the hero head for it now and I still don't know what counts and what doesn't count.

The ability itself isn't even that bad. The timing on the handing out tag and bag medals is awful. The window is absolutely tiny. I've gotten multiple triple kills w/ 1 medal and some with none. I've killed before, during, after.. I have the hero head for it now and I still don't know what counts and what doesn't count.
Yeah seems to be a mis-match between the enemy appearing red and the medal timer.

I bet it is something stupid like the medal timer was the length of the ability and then they increased it and didn't increase the medal timer.

eek5

Yeah seems to be a mis-match between the enemy appearing red and the medal timer.

I bet it is something stupid like the medal timer was the length of the ability and then they increased it and didn't increase the medal timer.

Honestly any enemy tagged by VP that you kill should reward the medal. You used the intel you got from the ability to secure the kill. As it is now, it's very hard to get that medal on anything that you don't already have vision of which is stupid. Why am I using VP on something I already have complete intel on? Makes no sense.

The ability is average but the way they reward the medal forces you to use VP in ways that aren't useful at all and that defeats its purpose.

Just played a match where I'm again, paired with the weakest of the weak and then I was wondering why it takes the enemy a ton of bullets to kill. Yep, checked my connection and my ms is 150-180ms. Fuck this shit. Call of Duty is the only MP game where I have this problem. Activision is so cheap that they can't even roll out dedicated servers.

When the franchise falls, and almost every behemoth does at some point, I gather that's when they'll even consider full on dedicated servers.

I had lag spikes for the past 2 weeks.

It felt really good when I first got the game around Christmas

Today, I played a game where I had max 30 ms lag. It felt very good.

Im not sure I can handle playing entire nights with terrible spikes again.

SlimySnake

I struggled so much with the Drakon due to that 1 shot 1 kill challenge, but once i switched to Hardcore where everything is a 1 shot kill, I went from 25 to 100 1 shot 1 kill in a matter of four games.

My best was this game where I went 27-5 and absolutely destroyed the other team lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEf3V9J2NKs

malfcn

Online is garbage. Ripping people in the face with head shots lose and other nonsense. Some players just run around killing everyone and are untouchable.

Melee to a face and saw blood go everywhere. Then they kill me and the cam shows no contact. Fuck this game, lol.

Daffy Duck

Online is garbage. Ripping people in the face with head shots lose and other nonsense. Some players just run around killing everyone and are untouchable.

Melee to a face and saw blood go everywhere. Then they kill me and the cam shows no contact. Fuck this game, lol.

Yep had his last night too, no idea what has changed but it was terrible and really frustrating.

I am in the UK and constantly connecting to a dedicated server on East Coast of the US last night!

The last game I played before I turned it off was ridiculous dudes were melting before I had even a chance to react and there were weird ass sounds going off on the kill cam too, almost like a fizzing sound coming from his gun.

Calabi

I struggled so much with the Drakon due to that 1 shot 1 kill challenge, but once i switched to Hardcore where everything is a 1 shot kill, I went from 25 to 100 1 shot 1 kill in a matter of four games.

My best was this game where I went 27-5 and absolutely destroyed the other team lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEf3V9J2NKs

I actually really like the Drakon got the headshots in core quicker than most guns, the thing I'm most struggling with is the SMGs and not looking forward to LMGs. I cant handle guns with loads of recoil.

SlimySnake

Yep had his last night too, no idea what has changed but it was terrible and really frustrating.

I am in the UK and constantly connecting to a dedicated server on East Coast of the US last night!

The last game I played before I turned it off was ridiculous dudes were melting before I had even a chance to react and there were weird ass sounds going off on the kill cam too, almost like a fizzing sound coming from his gun.

Population drop off. I have noticed it too. I used to be at the top of the lobby leaderboards 99% of the time a few weeks ago, but now at least 50% of the time there are two or more people above me in TDM and quite a few close to my score (283).

I actually really like the Drakon got the headshots in core quicker than most guns, the thing I'm most struggling with is the SMGs and not looking forward to LMGs. I cant handle guns with loads of recoil.

Yeah, SMGs are going to be tough. pretty much all of them took me around a 1000 kills to Gold. The reflex sight helps though.

The recoil actually works well for the LMGs since you want to start at chest and let the final shot be the headshot. But you can always put a Grip on it. I found the recon sight to be the best at getting headshots on LMGs. Just the right amount of zoom at both close and long ranges. No matter what you do its going to be challenging. Especially with flinch screwing up your aim and making you miss your shots because you were aiming at the head. LMGs usually kill in four shots so even if you get the first shot in, if the guy gets even a single shot off the flinch will throw your aim off.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Psn: jorgejjvr

Checked PS4 dashboard, and saw 11 invites! Sorry, jorge! My kid was watching Netflix and didn't see 'em. :D I need to latch onto you guys to hike up my W/L ratio. xD

I had lag spikes for the past 2 weeks.

It felt really good when I first got the game around Christmas

Today, I played a game where I had max 30 ms lag. It felt very good.

Im not sure I can handle playing entire nights with terrible spikes again.

My norm now is 80-100ms. :( Getting a new router next week to try and fix it. I gather, I'll be playing Black Ops 3 until Battlefield 5 drops.

Welcome to the club, man! I had that sound too! I was firing my gun and I heard sizzle noises or something, which was odd. o_O New bug, I reckon.

jorgejjvr

Ggs last night guys

It's all cool Excalibur

Definitely join us when you can, it's the best way to get K/D and W/L as you mentioned for sure

Video I saw today on ttk. I like videos that are straight factual like this.

https://youtu.be/8DSPzlNorT8

And I think I'm finally at the point where I'm not too embarrassed to play with you guys. Finally got my global kd over 1.0 (1.11 at the moment) and I do fairly well in most matches. It's been a long road where I was going negative for several weeks at first, but I stuck with it and regularly pull 2.0+ games these days.

I play late though, like 10-midnight pacific. Anyone on at that time?

Psn is SmokedOyster

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Ggs last night guys

It's all cool Excalibur

Definitely join us when you can, it's the best way to get K/D and W/L as you mentioned for sure

Will do, man! :D I like playing with you guys even if I only have 2 bars. I always get paired with supernoobs. :( With you guys, I just have to not die and get Ws. Bwahahahaha! :D

Video I saw today on ttk. I like videos that are straight factual like this.

https://youtu.be/8DSPzlNorT8

And I think I'm finally at the point where I'm not too embarrassed to play with you guys. Finally got my global kd over 1.0 (1.11 at the moment) and I do fairly well in most matches. It's been a long road where I was going negative for several weeks at first, but I stuck with it and regularly pull 2.0+ games these days.

I play late though, like 10-midnight pacific. Anyone on at that time?

Psn is SmokedOyster

Dude, my KD for a long while was .3! And I was getting 70+ kills in Black Ops 2! It's way better now, almost 2 or 3:1 every game, but if you're playing with GAF, don't mind your KDR. Jorge and the rest are good enough that you can experiment with guns, loadouts, etc. and not lose. :)

I do it all the time. Haha! I check out new loadouts and experiement when I play with GAF. :D

malfcn

More proof this game is a buggy piece of shit.
I'm replaying the campaign and it keeps hanging when you
die
in the second mission. The neural loading screen starts and never goes further. So I quit and resume campaign and it starts the first mission.

Fifth time and it worked.

Will do, man! :D I like playing with you guys even if I only have 2 bars. I always get paired with supernoobs. :( With you guys, I just have to not die and get Ws. Bwahahahaha! :D

Dude, my KD for a long while was .3! And I was getting 70+ kills in Black Ops 2! It's way better now, almost 2 or 3:1 every game, but if you're playing with GAF, don't mind your KDR. Jorge and the rest are good enough that you can experiment with guns, loadouts, etc. and not lose. :)

I do it all the time. Haha! I check out new loadouts and experiement when I play with GAF. :D

Hey man sounds good. Do you play late like me? 10-midnight pacific...

Top Bottom