• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Even if that is the case, I would say hop on B1G1 if you plan on picking up a PS4 within the next month or so. You can pretty much figure out what games would be included in a bundle, and it they are included they would usually be the digital version. So you would not want to pick one of those games up as then you could not exchange the one you got from the B1G1.

At least that is what I would do. B1G1 does not happen often, and this is an amazing time for them as there are an insane amount of games being released right now.

In regards to BLOPSIII, I am actually excited to check it out tonight, and have not been excited for a COD game in quite some time, even though I do pick them up every year. Just everything I am reading about this one seems legit.

I am very interested in the CoOp and Zombies, and not a lot of my IRL friends are on the PS4, so if anyone is down to have a 40 year old join their CoOp or Zombies sessions feel free to send me a invite on the PSN, DLDirtyLarry, and just let me know you are from Gaf.

That's true. But aren't third party games that are included in bundles usually disc versions?

Some questions: Is it true there's no lobby leader board? No way to compare my stats with my friends? That would be very un-Treyarch..

Also, is there a total for how many people are online? Past few CODs didn't, but I'm wondering what the total is for this game at the moment if Treyarch brought it back

Some questions: Is it true there's no lobby leader board? No way to compare my stats with my friends? That would be very un-Treyarch..

Also, is there a total for how many people are online? Past few CODs didn't, but I'm wondering what the total is for this game at the moment if Treyarch brought it back

No lobby leaderboard but in menu you have the Barracks which tracks all your stats and Friends is a filter there.

Bought the deluxe edition. Downloading now. First COD since MW1 and I have to say I'm quite excited.

Deluxe from the US PSN store includes nuketown in case anyone is wondering.

I bought the hardened edition and was amazed that they included nuketown map, although it's no where mentioned!?! EU.

Anyone else getting "Error the lobby is not joinable" when trying to team up with a friend for co op...even if both lobbies are set to Open?

tariniel

When I played the beta for this game on PC, I had an absolutely terrible time. Like, no fun at all. I felt like I died after 3 seconds of re-spawning, I had some FPS issues at my res and trouble finding a good balance of settings, and I just got angry.

But somehow I have an impulse to hit the store and buy the PS4 version after work today. How the hell does that even work?

Strider

Just like BO2 the shotguns are so fuckin fun in this game

goodjob.gif

Ensoul

.80 kdr. I am not even going to get to a 1.0 kill death ratio I am so bad this game.

I just get worse and worse and each Call of Duty game. The problem is I just can't hit anybody, and when I do I get about 10 hit markers yet somehow I always die first

Beat the 1st and 2nd missions on Realistic so far. It's not TOO bad but you need to have patience and make heavy use of your Cyber Cores, specifically the Chaos Core upgrades.

I've been using Immolation for robots (destroys 1 robot at a time) and Sonic Anti-Personnel for humans (kills multiple people in one shot). Just hold L1 and R1 and look towards them so it can lock on then let go of the buttons. Good way to "see" enemies even if you can't actually see them.

I just unlocked the Electrostatic Strike which affects humans AND robots so I'll test that out.

Of course, there's cooldowns on these skills but it's just a matter of waiting till they recharge. In less than a minute you're good to go again.

I want to continue playing MP but Realistic has me hook at the moment.

J4mm1nJ03

I seriously can't figure out if I want to pick this game up or not. :( It's waiting for me at Bestbuy right now, basically $40 with GCU and the preorder credit.

I have never particularly loved COD. I don't hate it, it just isn't my particularly preferred brand of MP, I guess. I'm much more of a Halo, Battlefield, TF2 kind of guy. I love Halo for its higher TTK, meaning that the gunfights are more about who can better use the tools at their disposal, vs whoever generally starts shooting first in COD wins. I liked using the glitch ability in the Beta since it allowed for an occasional escape if someone gets the drop on you, a bit of a rarity in the COD games.

I did enjoy my time with Black Ops 1 though, and if I am going to buy a COD game it may as well be Treyarch's. I don't care for zombies at all though, so that's off the table as a selling point for me. There's just so much coming out between Halo, Battlefront, FO4, Bloodborne DLC and Just Cause 3 that I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to even pick this up.

Do you guys enjoy the 3 lanes gameplay, and why?

Don't you find yourself running from one side of the map to the open to duke it out, and then repeat? I had problems with the beta maps for feeling like they forced you to a confrontation in the middle, but due to the lanes and speed, it never felt like you could progress or sneak around, as you were immediately funneled.

Are all maps 3 lanes? I would have been totally down for a new COD, as I've been wanting to jump back since Blops 1. This game looked great, but I feel like spawns in the beta were quite awful. Combined with how small and funneled maps felt, and the speed of the game, it all felt very unlike what I wanted.

Comparing Map Design from Black Ops 1 to Black Ops 3, would you guys say that there is anything like the older map design in this game?

I feel like the existing maps would be perfect for like 4v4 or 3v3, but sadly, there doesn't seem to be a playlist for that either. I feel crazy saying this, but I would probably be willing to buy the game entirely for a team tactical mode. I just want something more quieter, thoughtful, and strategic.

In fact, even the maps in Advanced Warfare were not so funneled. Isn't the new map design incredibly jarring to you COD fans?

Top Bottom