• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Every game comes out i check out a twitch stream of the mp to see the hype and see if this is the one ill jump into.

The mp just looks like people running in circles on a map shoot die, repeat. Like, dont ypu guys get bored of doing circles?

I checked out halo and that game looks like a real shooter. Maybe theres more modes in cod that are better than what im seeing every year, but after playing better shooters like counterstrike and halo, hell even destiny. Idk how the hell cod is still so popular.

lol

get out of here with that bullshit

Nokterian

Who could forget this gem

CoD-Ghosts-Stonehaven-2.jpg

ghosts-map-stonehaven.jpg

787.gif

Getting nightmares again sweet jesus what was ghosts the pinnacle of bad....MW3 a second but good god this map and well all maps horrible.

Playing blops 3 those maps have a great feeling to them but also because three lane there very solid and fun to play.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still can't figure out what they were thinking with Stonehaven.

That map had serious framerate issues, too, way too open.

It was kind of an interesting map on hardcore. Becomes a game of hide and seek. I tried to approach Ghosts that way after a while. Slow. Methodical. Sneaky. Didn't make it much better.

Nokterian

Still can't figure out what they were thinking with Stonehaven.

That map had serious framerate issues, too, way too open.

It's like they were sitting in a room and we're talking like this at IW.

"We need a new map"

"Yeah,yeah you know something they have done in the likes of battlefield?"

"Great idea bob let's do that!"

"But..but ehm we don't have vehicles"

"Doesn't matter they will run around and will find nobody"

GHG

Gold Member
Bought the deluxe edition. Downloading now. First COD since MW1 and I have to say I'm quite excited.

Deluxe from the US PSN store includes nuketown in case anyone is wondering.

Ensoul

So I am pretty much lose all one on one fights. Can only get kills when I flank people and I end up going about 2-15 every match. It's pathetic.

There are no leader boards right? I don't want people to see how bad I suck.

BokehKing

Banned
So I am pretty much lose all one on one fights. Can only get kills when I flank people and I end up going about 2-15 every match. It's pathetic.

There are no leader boards right? I don't want people to see how back a suck.
Pick up the starting LMG, trust me, use that until you get more comfortable, it's easy to control and almost feels like cheating

zsynqx

What's the best settings for this game on a TV? I always find it or too dark or too bright lol

Game mode! ;) Then just up the gamma in the game settings. If you want the best settings for visuals I am probably not much help.

There are no leader boards right? I don't want people to see how bad I suck.

Combat training(bots) is actually quite a useful tool. I sometimes load it up when I am doing bad and play that for a while to help me get my shot back.

MizzouRah

Where does this games MP fit in? Would I like it?

MW1: intense hide and go seek fun. unbalanced fun large maps, grounded
MW2: A fun mess, ruined later by spamming
MW3: small boring maps, no weight to anything, a caricature of a game
BLOPS1: awsome grounded weighty weapon fun, great maps
BLOPS2: forgetable but not bad. liked the maps but it lost some weight.
GHOSTS: Somewhat underrated, tried to bring back mw1 but executed poorly, interesting failure
AW: Fun, vertical action. brought some new life for short time. no weight to gunplay.

How'd you feel about WAW? I thought that had some of the best maps in the series.

RedSwirl

The one thing I kinda want to know is: is the campaign's level design any good this time around?

The last Treyarch COD I played was Black Ops 1, and a lot of people may disagree with me on this one, but I found its campaign to be boring. Not because of the story or anything like that, but because the level design just didn't feel nearly as interesting as any of IW's games. It's a bit hard to describe, but in all three Modern Warfare games the missions never really got stale. There was always a feeling of something new going on, or the game throwing you a different kind of challenge with the level layouts. MW2 had some samey low points but my top two COD games are still MW1 and MW3 (I haven't played any since MW3). BO1 on the other hand too often allowed me to realize I'm just running in a linear path shooting guys from behind cover. A lot of the time there was nothing really going on past that -- no interesting layout to the level.

I appreciate Treyarch for how well it has responded to the audience with each new COD installment, I just haven't seen the raw design talent in that studio that I saw IW put out in the three MW games. I don't even know if that carried over into Ghosts.

Every game comes out i check out a twitch stream of the mp to see the hype and see if this is the one ill jump into.

The mp just looks like people running in circles on a map shoot die, repeat. Like, dont ypu guys get bored of doing circles?

I checked out halo and that game looks like a real shooter. Maybe theres more modes in cod that are better than what im seeing every year, but after playing better shooters like counterstrike and halo, hell even destiny. Idk how the hell cod is still so popular.

I must be missing the sarcasm this can't be serious? How would you know you haven't even played the games? This game destroys destiny pvp on about every level.

You must be watching some awful twitch streams. If you have no interest in the game why are you posting it sucks in the OT?

ViciousDS

Banned

nice to see you made your judgement on someone playing TDM.......

Halo slayer is the same shit dude. There are other game modes.....

Tom Nook

Haven't picked it up yet. I'm waiting for the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal and pickup this along with Fallout 4 and DQ.

Kalentan

nice to see you made your judgement on someone playing TDM.......

Halo slayer is the same shit dude. There are other game modes.....

Man I was checking out this shooter and it was people just shooting each other. Don't you guys get bored of that?

;)

Certinty

Really? Seems like I'd end up hating everyone involved. Is there friendly fire on realistic?
I am starting to hate on my friends but it's still good fun, doesn't seem like friendly fire is there from what I've played thus far.

Whoever plays the campaign solo on realistic though and completes it has done well, overall from what I've played it might just edge World at War's veteran difficulty.

jorgejjvr

Game mode! ;) Then just up the gamma in the game settings. If you want the best settings for visuals I am probably not much help.

Combat training(bots) is actually quite a useful tool. I sometimes load it up when I am doing bad and play that for a while to help me get my shot back.
I don't have a game mode or gamma?

The issue with that castle map is that CoD's TTK is super low and that map is super open.

Although I thought Wasteland MW2 was fun but old IW made it work. Probably because even though it was a wide open map there were still only three lanes to get to the other side. Gears does the same 3 lane style in essence but each lane is a fight for control over power weapons. I love talking multiplayer map design.

The campaigns FPS is all kinds of bad. Luckily, I don't really care for the campaign much anyways. MP's been really solid so far.

Enjoyed all my games so far though it's hard to get used to playing CoD again give my last one was MW2.

zsynqx

I don't have a game mode or gamma?

I meant the brightness setting in the actual game. Most modern TV's do have some sort of Game Mode which reduces a lot of the latency from the TV side of things, but I believe there is also a small sacrifice in IQ (I may be wrong about that). For me, using the game mode doesn't allow me to adjust any other settings within the TV, which is why I recommended upping the brightness in the actual game settings.

DirtyLarry

I can't participate in any B2G1 deals because I am awaiting PS4 deals, which will assuredly be bundled with games. ARgh!
Even if that is the case, I would say hop on B1G1 if you plan on picking up a PS4 within the next month or so. You can pretty much figure out what games would be included in a bundle, and it they are included they would usually be the digital version. So you would not want to pick one of those games up as then you could not exchange the one you got from the B1G1.

At least that is what I would do. B1G1 does not happen often, and this is an amazing time for them as there are an insane amount of games being released right now.

In regards to BLOPSIII, I am actually excited to check it out tonight, and have not been excited for a COD game in quite some time, even though I do pick them up every year. Just everything I am reading about this one seems legit.

I am very interested in the CoOp and Zombies, and not a lot of my IRL friends are on the PS4, so if anyone is down to have a 40 year old join their CoOp or Zombies sessions feel free to send me a invite on the PSN, DLDirtyLarry, and just let me know you are from Gaf.

aravuus

L
O
L

Anyway, I can't seem to stop playing Nuketown. I know the map technically sucks dick, but I always have so much fun in it!

Top Bottom