• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

rakka

There is something about the graphics I don't like. Maybe it is because we are in a age where games look too realistic but it has this painted mud/clay look to it. Sort of like this...

twain1.jpg

It's not very "shiny" is one way I'd put it. Doesn't bother me

What? Surely you're not basing your decision solely on split screen. It's still fun in split screen and I'm sure they can fix the tiny text issue.

And it's both a blast and gorgeous when playing full screen MP :)

One of the reasons why I decided to buy this is due to the amount of modes you can play in split screen. I'm more a Call of Duty Campaign guy and disappointed with what I'm hearing about the campaign. If the performance is really that bad, especially with split screen, I might just wait for this game to go on sale and have Treyach patch the game.

However, there is still a part of me that wants to play this due to the great Sci-Fi setting :)

BokehKing

Banned
So, uh, got the Digital Deluxe Edition, but where the hell are my Nuketown and The Giant maps?
Go to multiplayer and then STORE, they will be there

I didn't notice the dips in frame rate in the campaign, not yet at least because explosions distract me from it

Screen tearing is the one thing that irks me and luckily there is none of that in this game (looking at you titanfall)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Played a little BO3 (PS4 version) and i had to compare it to Titanfall mobility.

IMO Titanfall is way better in gameplay and mobility, you can feel Respawn had the idea of mobility as a priority and a huge part of the gameplay where i didn't feel the same thing in BO3.

I have the PS4 version with the season pass, not sure i'm satisfied with my purchase, yet.

You didn't play the beta and you bought the season pass? Eish. Risky business there.

j-wood

I had this on pre order. Decided to wait till today to get it instead of last night, glad i did. Sounds like I'll be cancelling.

With Halo 5, fallout 4, and battlefront, I'm not putting up with framerate and bug issues on the ps4. Reviews make it sound like this also is a "jack of all trades, master of none" game. Disappointing.

rakka

One of the reasons why I decided to buy this is due to the amount of modes you can play in split screen. I'm more a Call of Duty Campaign guy and disappointed with what I'm hearing about the campaign. If the performance is really that bad, especially with split screen, I might just wait for this game to go on sale and have Treyach patch the game.

However, there is still a part of me that wants to play this due to the great Sci-Fi setting :)

Ohhh yeah fair enough. Yeah, I'm gonna be honest man, campaign splitscreen is appalling and I played through the first level with the gf and said nope, gonna play the rest (and replay the first of course) single player :(

100x worse than black ops 2 splitscreen campaign. To be fair though, there really is a lot going on. World of a difference in single player

BokehKing

Banned
My first time on the red woods map
I try to walk run on a tree, go completely around the first one and fall right off the map

Beautiful map though

Anyone do that Jeff Goldblaum zombies yet, from the menu screen alone looks like there is a lot more depth to it

I can't download them, though.
Restore your licenses perhaps ?

Gears

I had this on pre order. Decided to wait till today to get it instead of last night, glad i did. Sounds like I'll be cancelling.

With Halo 5, fallout 4, and battlefront, I'm not putting up with framerate and bug issues on the ps4. Reviews make it sound like this also is a "jack of all trades, master of none" game. Disappointing.

You should probably rent it. Best cod I've played since black ops, though maybe you're pickier than I.

BokehKing

Banned
Ohhh yeah fair enough. Yeah, I'm gonna be honest man, campaign splitscreen is appalling and I played through the first level with the gf and said nope, gonna play the rest (and replay the first of course) single player :(

100x worse than black ops 2 splitscreen campaign. To be fair though, there really is a lot going on. World of a difference in single player
Whelp, probably why halo left it out , looks like Treyarch probably should have done the same unless there is a patch that will fix it

There is something about the graphics I don't like. Maybe it is because we are in a age where games look too realistic but it has this painted mud/clay look to it. Sort of like this...

twain1.jpg

I feel the same way too.

It helps you get better framerates on the consoles, but it's almost cartoony at times. Older CoD games had more stunning details for the time.

Karak

My first time on the red woods map
I try to walk run on a tree, go completely around the first one and fall right off the map

Beautiful map though

Anyone do that Jeff Goldblaum zombies yet, from the menu screen alone looks like there is a lot more depth to it

Restore your licenses perhaps ?

Ya. And I have to say he nailed the character. His over the top stuff is sublime there. Moreso than the others

Gears

Playing on ps4? I just keep reading about bug and framerate problems.
Ps4 yeah. Uhm, I noticed framerate drops in single player, haven't seen any bugs for the 3-4 hours I played. Multiplayer I havent seen framerate drops, at least nothing to bug me, as I'm usually sensitive to fps dips. Though maybe I haven't gotten into intense enough spots

Catvoca

Banned
I played the first 2 levels of the campaign offline, but now when I connect to the servers my progress seems to be gone. When I go back offline, my progress is still there though. Anyone know how to change this? I don't want to have to start over, or to have to play the whole thing offline.

I played the first 2 levels of the campaign offline, but now when I connect to the servers my progress seems to be gone. When I go back offline, my progress is still there though. Anyone know how to change this? I don't want to have to start over, or to have to play the whole thing offline.

It should come back.... been happening to a few.

You didn't play the beta and you bought the season pass? Eish. Risky business there.

No risky business, i will get my enjoyement out of this game easily. This one of these games that i play with friends like crazy and we all decided to buy the game plus season pass.

So even if it's not as good as Titanfall imo, i will still play the game with friends and have fun. I did buy the game with no tax + that "get 15$ back with 100$ purchases" promotion, so overall it's worth it and i buy COD every year. It's my go to multiplayer game with friends.

Zero problems here as well. *knocks on wood*

I don't get the complaints about mobility I feel movement is fantastic in this game.

Are folks aware that for wall running once the animation starts you can let go of the jump button freeing both your thumbs to aim/look around? Once I discovered this it made everything so easy.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn garbage Dualshock 4. My L2 trigger decided to get fucked up. It's all...sticky. Like it has a very unsafisfying crunch to it when you press down on it, and it makes ADS such bullshit.

It helps when I blow on it for some reason. Removes the crunch somewhat. Fuuuuck. I just blew on it like a madman, and it feels normal again. Wtf...I need to figure out a way to make this permanent without going NES cartridge on my controller every hour.

I feel bad for people who are having glitches, but campaign has been running buttersmooth so far. No glitches whatsoever. it's addictive as fuck too. I want to grind for more XP and more loot guns.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Is there a review thread my eyes are missing? I feel like it not being here is a sign I shouldn't be commenting on it...

I don't get the complaints about mobility I feel movement is fantastic in this game.

Are folks aware that for wall running once the animation starts you can let go of the jump button freeing both your thumbs to aim/look around? Once I discovered this it made everything so easy.

Advanced mobility options always feel weird to me after playing Source engine games for so long. Games like TF2 have weird nuances to their jumping and air control that become ingrained in muscle memory and hard for me to adapt to games that don't conform to the same model (like BO3). The parkour practice maps helped me wrap my brain around it really well in a low pressure environment.

Jebron

I bought this for both current-gen consoles. Thought it would be interesting for others to see the minor differences in textures in the main menu.

http://imgur.com/a/nwAok

Edit: Xbone textures definitely look a little washed out and not as sharp as the PS4.

Haines

Banned
Every game comes out i check out a twitch stream of the mp to see the hype and see if this is the one ill jump into.

The mp just looks like people running in circles on a map shoot die, repeat. Like, dont ypu guys get bored of doing circles?

I checked out halo and that game looks like a real shooter. Maybe theres more modes in cod that are better than what im seeing every year, but after playing better shooters like counterstrike and halo, hell even destiny. Idk how the hell cod is still so popular.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

You don't even have to press the jump button to initiate a wallrun. I mean, obviously you have to be off the ground, but as soon as you're off the ground it's just a matter of positioning yourself correctly and pointing the left stick towards the wall. No need to press buttons.

antitrop

Well, they gave everyone unlimited sprint, but I think the sprint speed is lower than before. Also, did you play Advanced Warfare? That could have something to do with it.

I like the way sprint works in this game. I like how you can sprint into ADS and then when you drop your sights, you immediately pick back up into a sprint without having to click the stick.

FaintDeftone

Anybody know how long the campaign lasts yet? Is it the standard 4-5 hours or is this one actually longer?

Thinking about hitting up the Redbox and plowing through it tonight if its short enough.

HigXx

Started campaign while patch was downloading but now that its downloaded and im online its saying it wont transfer my offline campaign progress to online. How fucking stupid is that, now I need to replay the missions

Every game comes out i check out a twitch stream of the mp to see the hype and see if this is the one ill jump into.

The mp just looks like people running in circles on a map shoot die, repeat. Like, dont ypu guys get bored of doing circles?

I checked out halo and that game looks like a real shooter. Maybe theres more modes in cod that are better than what im seeing every year, but after playing better shooters like counterstrike and halo, hell even destiny. Idk how the hell cod is still so popular.

if you don't get it ya don't get it

Hagi

How does the splitscreen work for Zombies? can I not play offline just with my girlfriend? we have to play 2 player online? this is the first COD I've bought in years.

Skenzin

Banned
Where does this games MP fit in? Would I like it?

MW1: intense hide and go seek fun. unbalanced fun large maps, grounded
MW2: A fun mess, ruined later by spamming
MW3: small boring maps, no weight to anything, a caricature of a game
BLOPS1: awsome grounded weighty weapon fun, great maps
BLOPS2: forgetable but not bad. liked the maps but it lost some weight.
GHOSTS: Somewhat underrated, tried to bring back mw1 but executed poorly, interesting failure
AW: Fun, vertical action. brought some new life for short time. no weight to gunplay.

BokehKing

Banned
Anybody know how long the campaign lasts yet? Is it the standard 4-5 hours or is this one actually longer?

Thinking about hitting up the Redbox and plowing through it tonight if its short enough.
Whatever the campaign is double it because there is two campaigns*

*spoiler
once you beat it, the campaign is replayed with new dialouge, zombies replace the humans

or switch to bumper jumper and never take your thumbs away from the sticks

Top Bottom