• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

*tries out the Razorback with the BOA instead of the ELO just for the heck of it*

*goes 86-6*

Edit: *plays a second game with the BOA against a full team of prestiged enemies*

*goes 114-3, gets three Motherships (almost four)*

Edit 2: *3rd game*

*goes 58-8*

Thank you so much!

Posting videos soon.

LrG129, are you witnessing this?

Edit 3:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V51_DugmiKI

That's the 114-3. I think Jorge arrived, so I'll show the rest later. SO many good games.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJAIsCwNaNQ

98-5

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLm6WJictBw

52-11

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kly3nH7ecfw

58-8

Gore and Jorge are like the Jordie and Jamie Benn of BLOPS III-GAF, good god

Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy the gameplay, even the ones that aren't so high when it comes to kills. Hopefully you can learn from them or just have a nice time watching.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2olGd03sFP8

Here's the 86-6

Edit: I feel like my brother is more serious with his play style and much more conservative when it comes to the movement system, whereas I am more sporadic/quirky (in order to gain an advantage) and much willing to make use of the movement system as much as possible. Two different ways of playing that are both effective.

Man fuck these War Machine guys

Just spray and pray everywhere

Nothing is worse than dying for no apparent reason and then realizing it is from a gravity spike. Honestly that's probably the easiest thing to use. Hold two buttons, be close to people (preferably near an objective) and there's a free multi-kill.

I was more annoyed by the fact that we got paired with people who couldn't pull their own weight and get near to 1.0 in back to back games. Then they broke the party when we joined a new game and I had enough.

Fuck, I know.

Something has gotta give for Treyarch to notice the team system in this game is pure garbage.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing is worse than dying for no apparent reason and then realizing it is from a gravity spike. Honestly that's probably the easiest thing to use. Hold two buttons, be close to people (preferably near an objective) and there's a free multi-kill.

How about the sound of a random Hive ruining your streak?

Rixxan

love how the dude just lies there accepting his fate, lol

GM6p534.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Got the Gold Knife last night. Fucking thrilling. I thought it was going to be a mess but man it was fun running around Nuketown and knifing people. The trickiest part wasnt getting the bloodthirsty medals, it was killing the enemy with their own gun. Though i did manage to get three in one game after wasting a round in FFA.

That said, never again. lol

Now I only have to finish getting gold on the LCAR, only 50 headshots left and then the final challenges.

The worst challenge has been destroying 10 turrets with the launchers. Took me forever to get it with the first launcher and have been stuck at 3 for the past few games. I hate my teammates who destroy it after i weaken it with a rocket. Yesterday my G.I unit destroyed it ....

The worst part is that it forces me to play Domination in Nuketown and god i hate that map.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I got the launchers done early when Turrets, Guardians, etc only took one rocket to destroy, and Cerberus took two.

I haven't really been going for Gold when I play though, only when I'm suddenly close to 100 headshot do I start focusing on them.

Ghazi

Welcome to Destiny.

Rixxan

That's the 114-3. I think Jorge arrived, so I'll show the rest later. SO many good games.

nice score, pretty interesting to see that out of 114 kills only about 30 or so were with your gun - dem score streaks doing work

wondering how many nuclears youve gotten running mothership? feel like it might impede your ability to stack nuclears since it does so much fragging (assuming youre in an ideal lobby where kids dont shoot it down)

jorgejjvr

nice score, pretty interesting to see that out of 114 kills only about 30 or so were with your gun - dem score streaks doing work

wondering how many nuclears youve gotten running mothership? feel like it might impede your ability to stack nuclears since it does so much fragging (assuming youre in an ideal lobby where kids dont shoot it down)
It does impede for nuclears

If we were going for it we would be going with non kills streaks, like uav, hater and so on. We both just like to have fun and destroy, getting a mothership is reward enough. That means however that nuclears are not as likely, if we get them, heck I'll take it, but it's not usual or main goal.

Godlike. What is your global rank? You must be close to the top. I would be so frustrated playing against you. Do you get a lot of people quitting after games against you? Those mothership spawn kills were just brutal. Congratulations on one of the most impressive COD videos I have ever seen.

Got the Gold Knife last night. Fucking thrilling. I thought it was going to be a mess but man it was fun running around Nuketown and knifing people. The trickiest part wasnt getting the bloodthirsty medals, it was killing the enemy with their own gun. Though i did manage to get three in one game after wasting a round in FFA.

That said, never again. lol

Now I only have to finish getting gold on the LCAR, only 50 headshots left and then the final challenges.

The worst challenge has been destroying 10 turrets with the launchers. Took me forever to get it with the first launcher and have been stuck at 3 for the past few games. I hate my teammates who destroy it after i weaken it with a rocket. Yesterday my G.I unit destroyed it ....

The worst part is that it forces me to play Domination in Nuketown and god i hate that map.
I did all the challenges for the knife except for killing people with their own weapon. That seems so stupid and non-fun to me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I did all the challenges for the knife except for killing people with their own weapon. That seems so stupid and non-fun to me.
It's not that bad in nuketown tbh. Especially if you can get to the enemy house on Nuketown. Whoever you stab is always going to come back up to the house where you can be waiting with his own gun. Kill him. Jump out the window and then wait for him to respawn. He WILL come up again.

Glad I got the launchers done early when Turrets, Guardians, etc only took one rocket to destroy, and Cerberus took two.

I screwed up and didnt really equip Launchers until after new years. I mostly played TDM so there werent many Wraiths to take down in that mode. I am pretty sure i wouldve gotten these turret challenges if i had it equipped since launch.

Godlike. What is your global rank? You must be close to the top. I would be so frustrated playing against you. Do you get a lot of people quitting after games against you? Those mothership spawn kills were just brutal. Congratulations on one of the most impressive COD videos I have ever seen.

When it comes to Domination, I'm around the top 29,000 (I don't find that to be THAT great of an accomplishment). I only have around 541 SPM, and that's because I took a little bit of time to get used to the game, lowering my chances for a higher rank. It is getting higher, though. Every couple of games my SPM raises by one, so I'm making slow and steady progress (same goes for my K/D, which is sadly a 2.58 and my goal is to get it to a 3.00. However, I'm a rusher who goes for the objective so I'm much more proud of my 4.25 W/L ratio which is amazing for a mainly solo player).

All the time. I'm "that guy" that somehow manages to stealthily get a Mothership against a clan and makes the clan rage quit. If you watch my 98-5 gameplay, you'll see that everyone quits and that they're soon replaced with more unfortunate victims.

AFTER a match though, I'll find that people usually wait until the game starts putting people into teams, and if they aren't in my team, THEN they quit. My favorite is when people are very cocky and exclaim to everyone that they're the best and then end up getting destroyed. Hearing what they're saying when they die is so worth it.

I do have a friend who is in the top 2,000 when it comes to Domination, his SPM is 697.

I haven't gotten a nuclear yet, although I've gotten a 29 gun streak. I have gotten a chain kill in regular Domination, though (9+ kills when there are only 6 enemy players). In total I've gotten around 5-6 Brutals by just using the Wraith, RAPs, and Mothership. I suppose that if I truly tried I could probably get a Nuclear really easy by running support streaks (heck, even a Nuked Out probably wouldn't be too hard to get), but that play style isn't really fun for me. I mean, if my teammates REALLY want it then I'll run support but most of the time I'm the "trump card" for my team since I almost always get a Mothership every game, thus leading to pretty easy victories. It's funny because sometimes the enemy is winning and then I call my streaks in and it's a very unpleasant surprise for them. I find that I can make my Mothership last a long time (or the full length of time) as long as I'm being aware of what is going on in the map.

eek5

When it comes to Domination, I'm around the top 29,000 (I don't find that to be THAT great of an accomplishment). I only have around 541 SPM, and that's because I took a little bit of time to get used to the game, lowering my chances for a higher rank. It is getting higher, though. Every couple of games my SPM raises by one, so I'm making slow and steady progress (same goes for my K/D, which is sadly a 2.58 and my goal is to get it to a 3.00. However, I'm a rusher who goes for the objective so I'm much more proud of my 4.25 W/L ratio which is amazing for a mainly solo player).

All the time. I'm "that guy" that somehow manages to stealthily get a Mothership against a clan and makes the clan rage quit. If you watch my 98-5 gameplay, you'll see that everyone quits and that they're soon replaced with more unfortunate victims.

AFTER a match though, I'll find that people usually wait until the game starts putting people into teams, and if they aren't in my team, THEN they quit. My favorite is when people are very cocky and exclaim to everyone that they're the best and then end up getting destroyed. Hearing what they're saying when they die is so worth it.

I do have a friend who is in the top 2,000 when it comes to Domination, his SPM is 697.

I haven't gotten a nuclear yet, although I've gotten a 29 gun streak. I have gotten a chain kill in regular Domination, though (9+ kills when there are only 6 enemy players). In total I've gotten around 5-6 Brutals by just using the Wraith, RAPs, and Mothership. I suppose that if I truly tried I could probably get a Nuclear really easy by running support streaks (heck, even a Nuked Out probably wouldn't be too hard to get), but that play style isn't really fun for me. I mean, if my teammates REALLY want it then I'll run support but most of the time I'm the "trump card" for my team since I almost always get a Mothership every game, thus leading to pretty easy victories. It's funny because sometimes the enemy is winning and then I call my streaks in and it's a very unpleasant surprise for them. I find that I can make my Mothership last a long time (or the full length of time) as long as I'm being aware of what is going on in the map.
Do you stream on twitch? You're seriously one of the best COD players I've ever seen. Could probably get a ton of viewers/twitch money

Rixxan

leaderboard "rank" being entirely based on SPM is kind of stupid anyway, imo

their should be some kind of algorithm based on a number of factors

see people who play exclusively chaos moshpit/nuketown average well over 800 SPM like its nothing

ive been averaging around 750 lately in KC myself, but my overall is only at 560 because like TGM said you need some time to get used to the game, hurting your average right off the bat

pretty sure if i fresh started i would be in the top 2000 for KC
just saying though, K/D, opponent level/skill, accuracy, dunno - there should be some kind of "QB Rating" that someone smarter than me should create for overall leaderboard ranking, not just SPM

not that it matters either way - just saying

im ranked 2000ish on the FFA leaderboards simply from the 30 or so games i spent getting my nuked out, and literally #150 on HC KC, which i played all of two times for camo unlocks - shouldnt even be allowed to be ranked that high with two games played in a mode.

Edit: again, these are pubstomp leaderboards so who really gives a damn, but if the community is gonna be this large, and enough people care, there should be better measuring tools

leaderboard "rank" being entirely based on SPM is kind of stupid anyway, imo

their should be some kind of algorithm based on a number of factors

see people who play exclusively chaos moshpit/nuketown average well over 800 SPM like its nothing

ive been averaging around 750 lately in KC myself, but my overall is only at 560 because like TGM said you need some time to get used to the game, hurting your average right off the bat

pretty sure if i fresh started i would be in the top 2000 for KC
just saying though, K/D, opponent level/skill, accuracy, dunno - there should be some kind of "QB Rating" that someone smarter than me should create for overall leaderboard ranking, not just SPM

not that it matters either way - just saying

im ranked 2000ish on the FFA leaderboards simply from the 30 or so games i spent getting my nuked out, and literally #150 on HC KC, which i played all of two times for camo unlocks - shouldnt even be allowed to be ranked that high with two games played in a mode.

Edit: again, these are pubstomp leaderboards so who really gives a damn, but if the community is gonna be this large, and enough people care, there should be better measuring tools

^ I agree completely.

Again, individual statistics don't really matter that much. All of them should be taken into consideration, and even then you can't assume that someone is good or bad because of them. Like Rixxan stated, I myself am getting around 700-800 score per game (in my respective game mode) pretty consistently, but most people would expect me to play at around the 500-600 range and thus underestimate me.

jorgejjvr

Damn son, my younger bro getting all that praise....

Haha I feel left out.... xD

You're welcome on that class bro, remember who gave it to you ;)

I'll have to try the BOA myself. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as before to play, my life is crazy busy. House hunting, marriage, jobs etc lol

Maybe one day we will team up and steal each other kills lol. Gosh I miss those high school days

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Rixxan

I can't recommend going for Nuked Out enough btw

It's a total blast

Worth just taking a night off from whatever you'd normally jam and having some fun in FFA

The rush when you get around 25 or so is great

Top Bottom