• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Hikami

Can anyone else not get into a game on PS4? It keeps swapping between 50 and 0 available games and won't put me in a room.
That happens to me sometimes. It goes back to normal if I just wait in the search queue long enough though. Maybe restart the game and see if that fixes it?

Rixxan

welp, hit master prestige for the first time ever in a COD game

was surprised to see that it started at level 56 - thought it brought you back to 1 one last time

jfOMDMP.png

KoU2sbK.png

jZ6IyRB.png

2 snipers left, 2 pistols left, and knife left - for dark matter

(still loving the game)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought consensus was vmp?

The VMP has better range, plus a huge magazine if you miss many shots, but the Vesper absolutely melts people at close range.

If you're going to rush, might as well use the Vesper. As long as you hit most of your shots, nobody will beat you in a one on one. It burns through bullets like crazy though.

ncslamm

welp, hit master prestige for the first time ever in a COD game

was surprised to see that it started at level 56 - thought it brought you back to 1 one last time

jfOMDMP.png

KoU2sbK.png

jZ6IyRB.png

2 snipers left, 2 pistols left, and knife left - for dark matter

(still loving the game)

Congrats. I just hit 8th prestige and all I've got left is the M8A7 and all the SMGs besides the Kuda. I saved the easiest for last and I'm happy I did. Seriously love this game. I hate to say it so early into its lifespan but this may be my favorite COD yet.

Orca

I went something like 35 and 11 in TDM. A teammate went 0-23.

I must have turned into a teenage girl because I just can't even...

Game is fun I love having my wrench as a sidearm when I'm in the zone and in a part of the map where it's close quarters I just go in to fun mode lol!

You can have camos on it too :D

Hikami

Can't believe I bought some COD points. The half off thing was tempting.

Opened 13 rare chests so.. 39 items. 20 of them were duplicates. Not spending a single cryptokey/buying COD points til they fix that bs.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Played a few matches with GAF and as always, I had a 2-bar connection. Sigh. Was fun, though! And yep, we won hard. Haha!

I prestiged again (8th) and I think this was a mistake. I mean, when you're being paired up with prestige noobs (prestiges that go 5-30 and whatnot), have a bad connection, you kinda want something to stop streaks.

As it stands now, I have to level up to 13 to get the BlackCell, Cold Blooded and EMP just to be able to take down streaks. You can't count on teammates to do this since 90 percent of CoD players are headless chickens that are the worst when it comes to actual objectives and teamplay.

This highlights to me how bad Treyarch is when it comes to gameplay design. I mean, gating anti scorestreak stuff in the tween levels and even more is for what reason? So noobs who can't kill or call streaks their own won't be able to contribute? It's like making the RPG a level 25 unlock in Battlefield or something.

And don't get me started again on the shit matchmaking and team balancing Treyarch STILL has not acknowledged (forget fixing). Nope, nothing. But hey, we have 50 percent off CoD Points and double Cryptokeys for you! Whee!

I literally quit 4-5 times straight since I had "teammates" that went 0-11 to start the match, someone who scored a whopping 400 or was it 500 in an entire match of Domination, and prestige noobs that go 2-22, 5-29, etc.

I rush the enemy base, kill 3-4 people and see my teammates NOT cap a flag and just sit in one corner hoping that someone passes by so they can get a kill. Now imagine this with me having a ping of 100+ for every fucking game.

Seriously. Treyarch, Infinity Ward, etc. are damn lucky they have the Call of Duty brand to ride on. Imagine if this was a standalone, fresh, new FPS? They'd get carved a new one or players would drop it for the next big thing. Now? They can choose to ignore issues since the $$$ are there, which kinda makes me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I like Black Ops 3 (still prefer Black Ops 2), but I'm not blind to its flaws or to Treyarch's, which are numerous (quaking, Hellstorm glitching when killed using it, etc). Kinda sad how I read people on GAF complaining on how shit matchmaking/team balancing is and see Vonderhaar say "connection is king" or some other BS like it means anything.

Yeah, I'm in rage mode since this team balancing thing is the worst I've seen in maybe any recent FPS. At least in Battlefield, players that weren't good at killing enemies attacked objectives and scored a ton for their team. In CoD? Not killing and dying a lot means feeding the enemy scorestreaks.

I've tried Moshpit, but I can't find any damn games. No idea why.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Played a few matches with GAF and as always, I had a 2-bar connection. Sigh. Was fun, though! And yep, we won hard. Haha!

I prestiged again (8th) and I think this was a mistake. I mean, when you're being paired up with prestige noobs (prestiges that go 5-30 and whatnot), have a bad connection, you kinda want something to stop streaks.

As it stands now, I have to level up to 13 to get the BlackCell, Cold Blooded and EMP just to be able to take down streaks. You can't count on teammates to do this since 90 percent of CoD players are headless chickens that are the worst when it comes to actual objectives and teamplay.

This highlights to me how bad Treyarch is when it comes to gameplay design. I mean, gating anti scorestreak stuff in the tween levels and even more is for what reason? So noobs who can't kill or call streaks their own won't be able to contribute? It's like making the RPG a level 25 unlock in Battlefield or something.

And don't get me started again on the shit matchmaking and team balancing Treyarch STILL has not acknowledged (forget fixing). Nope, nothing. But hey, we have 50 percent off CoD Points and double Cryptokeys for you! Whee!

I literally quit 4-5 times straight since I had "teammates" that went 0-11 to start the match, someone who scored a whopping 400 or was it 500 in an entire match of Domination, and prestige noobs that go 2-22, 5-29, etc.

I rush the enemy base, kill 3-4 people and see my teammates NOT cap a flag and just sit in one corner hoping that someone passes by so they can get a kill. Now imagine this with me having a ping of 100+ for every fucking game.

Seriously. Treyarch, Infinity Ward, etc. are damn lucky they have the Call of Duty brand to ride on. Imagine if this was a standalone, fresh, new FPS? They'd get carved a new one or players would drop it for the next big thing. Now? They can choose to ignore issues since the $$$ are there, which kinda makes me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I like Black Ops 3 (still prefer Black Ops 2), but I'm not blind to its flaws or to Treyarch's, which are numerous (quaking, Hellstorm glitching when killed using it, etc). Kinda sad how I read people on GAF complaining on how shit matchmaking/team balancing is and see Vonderhaar say "connection is king" or some other BS like it means anything.

Yeah, I'm in rage mode since this team balancing thing is the worst I've seen in maybe any recent FPS. At least in Battlefield, players that weren't good at killing enemies attacked objectives and scored a ton for their team. In CoD? Not killing and dying a lot means feeding the enemy scorestreaks.

I've tried Moshpit, but I can't find any damn games. No idea why.
Well. Here is my experience with the connection. 33 ms in 99% of the games i join solo. 66ms in 99% of the games when i join my friend who lives in san Diego. I live in Ohio.

I also get paired against noobs but despite going for the dark matter camo for the last two months and trying out shitty weapons i still have a win ratio of 1.5. I am usually they only guy taking down streaks in domination so i understand your frustration. But remember that the other team has noobs too. Otherwise you and i wouldn't be going 30 and 5 most games while our teammates go 5-30.

For some reason blops3 has resonated with noobs and they just refuse to quit. Tbh, id rather have them than go back to advanced warfare where every game was me being paired up with people with my skill. It was nl competitive but not exactly fun.

Don't use wifi if you are using it. And learn to love the noobfest.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just hate the new movement systems. I like traditional gameplay.

It would be neat if there was a gamemode that disabled boost and wall-running. Sure, some parts of the maps would become inaccessible, but as long as some form of mantling is still there, getting around wouldn't be too hard.

It'd definitely be an interesting change to the dynamic of the game.

Creaking

Does this one not have the option to play without movement systems?
Maybe I'm thinking of AW but I thought you could go into matches with that stuff disabled.

Not currently. At least, I'm pretty sure. Haven't toyed around with custom game-mode settings to see if that's in there at all.

Heimbeck

Banned
Not currently. At least, I'm pretty sure. Haven't toyed around with custom game-mode settings to see if that's in there at all.

Yeah I must be thinking of AW then.
I actually would like to try the game without the movement stuff even though overall I really like it.

I'm getting tired of this experimental movement shit. It's why I'm glad that Battlefront only has a single boost jumppack and why I won't be buying BF5 or the next COD unless it's WW2.

Jarrod38

Don't know what is up with today but the connections were trash so far. We would get one room with two or more people on the other team with yellow or red bars. Then we kept having issues were friends couldn't join.

jorgejjvr

I'm getting tired of this experimental movement shit. It's why I'm glad that Battlefront only has a single boost jumppack and why I won't be buying BF5 or the next COD unless it's WW2.
But the movement works

What's your problem with it?

It's not crazy nor chaotic

Skittles

Only thing that needs changed about the movement is to allow clipping through people when you're in the air or wall running(if they're allied). Also just needs to be smoother, but that'll happen next game since they'll be able to drop last Gen

Heimbeck

Banned
Only thing that needs changed about the movement is to allow clipping through people when you're in the air or wall running(if they're allied). Also just needs to be smoother, but that'll happen next game since they'll be able to drop last Gen

The thng that has also annoyed me about COD since MW is one of your asshole team mates standing in a door, meaning that you cannot enter.
And then of course someone from the other team kills you.

The movement system isn't even that bad. All you can do is slide (which was in Ghosts), hold the jump button to jump as high as 2-3 times your height, and run on certain walls. None of it is really bad, and it doesn't change the gameplay much at all to be honest. The game is still focused on what's to your left or right, it's not even remotely close to how vertical Advanced Warfare was.

Creaking

The movement system isn't even that bad. All you can do is slide (which was in Ghosts), hold the jump button to jump as high as 2-3 times your height, and run on certain walls. None of it is really bad, and it doesn't change the gameplay much at all to be honest. The game is still focused on what's to your left or right, it's not even remotely close to how vertical Advanced Warfare was.

I have noticed an annoying habit of players to boost straight upward when you get the drop on them, or whenever they need to reload, or just before they round corners. It can be disorienting and more than once I've lost sight of them because of how close they were when they boosted.

someday

Banned
I didn't play AW but everything you mentioned changes the gameplay lol. Sliding, jumping in the air, and wall running potentially change every encounter.

Skittles

I have noticed an annoying habit of players to boost straight upward when you get the drop on them, or whenever they need to reload, or just before they round corners. It can be disorienting and more than once I've lost sight of them because of how close they were when they boosted.
It's not as bad as drop shotting at least. That and quick scoping are two things that need to be gone permanently. This game and the previous would be a lot better without them

Creaking

It's not as bad as drop shotting at least. That and quick scoping are two things that need to be gone permanently. This game and the previous would be a lot better without them

Unless they changed something from launch, quick-scoping (at least quick-scoping aided by auto-aim) is gone. I don't know about drop shotting, but the go-prone animation seems to take longer in 3rd person than it appears in 1st, so reaction-based drop-shotting shouldn't be quite so powerful.

I didn't play AW but everything you mentioned changes the gameplay lol. Sliding, jumping in the air, and wall running potentially change every encounter.
Yep. Maybe I'm just an old man of 23 but I can't adapt to shit like that.

Side note, I fucking love the Razorback and Man-O-War.

someday

Banned
Yep. Maybe I'm just an old man of 23 but I can't adapt to shit like that.

Side note, I fucking love the Razorback and Man-O-War.
Try being an old woman of 45 :) I'm finally doing the jump in the air crap and it helps. I guess bumper jumper is clicking. I still don't really like it though. The game is fun enough but I doubt I'll buy the next installment unless they go back to regular movement. I'd also prefer some different types of maps.

Creaking

Wish we had a solid night time map in this game like Hanoi or Makin, or hell even Plaza. Not a one in Black Ops III. Plenty of night time missions in campaign though.

Top Bottom