• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Cobalt03

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the beta version of the game, as well as the finished product. Haven't really played it since christmas time, but will get back into the fray once the DLC hits the Xbone.

Now regarding the DLC maps, I was wondering if there will be playlists where you only play on the new maps exclusively? This would probably segregate the playerbase a bit, but it beats playing on Combine for the 5th time in a row when there are new maps to explore.

Another general question regarding maps and modes:
I've been playing MP for around 30 hours so far, and I have been wondering about the map rotation. Am I right in my assumption that not all maps occur in certain modes? Because I believe I have never encountered Metro in TDM.

What also really bugs me is that everyone always votes for the maps that have been played to death in the games beta instead of giving the newer maps their time in the spotlight. But maybe that's just me and everyone else loves their 539th time on Combine.

Couldn't agree more so tired of the same maps over and over

Thezez

Banned
Still can't select the zombie map. Says I need to buy the DLC, despite it saying "purchased."

Weird, works for me but I had to restart the game.

EDIT: Just had a match on Gauntlet, that map throws my brain for a loop a bit. Can't quite work out the angles yet.

Kalentan

Weird, works for me but I had to restart the game.

EDIT: Just had a match on Gauntlet, that map throws my brain for a loop a bit. Can't quite work out the angles yet.

Is there no DLC-only playlist? That would suck... They don't even need to keep it for long. Just the first week and then remove it.

Is there no DLC-only playlist? That would suck... They don't even need to keep it for long. Just the first week and then remove it.

Von tweeted that they will put up a dlc Playlist for 1 month. I don't see it yet. Played rise and splash and man, they are big, especially splash. That map has so many twists and turns it's going to take me a little while to learn.

Hikami

New zombies map is fun. Way better than Shadows of Evil. Now to try the multiplayer maps..
0vfnyJy.jpg

Kalentan

Yeah the new zombie map I could tell was good when after a bit I realized this: "Holy shit is this way less complicated and way less narrow then Shadows of Evil." Seriously, maybe I'm still early in it. (Only got to round 13 and I let the Tram go without me. :( ) but it feels like it harkins back to the old rather than the new.

Hikami

Played a match of Domination on Skyjacked and Splash.

Skyjacked is meh.. Never liked the original anyways.

Splash is awesome though, just had the best first match on it. Got 4 care packages and got RAPS from them every time lol. The map feels too big for 6v6 though, hope I can get a game of ground war on it.
Edit: yep, much better in ground war

Still downloading, but good to hear the Zombies map is less complicated.

Never played Zombies, tried Shadows of Evil but it was way too complicated for my tastes. Good to hear Eisendrache is a bit simpler in design.

Seijuro

Played one round of the new Zombies map, like it much better than SoE.

Where do you guy play the new mp maps? Are they just thrown into the normal playlists atm? If so, what happens if some of the players haven't bought the dlc?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So I fed some dragon heads, got a sweet bow, shot a wall at the top of some stairs that had a symbol on it, and then had to bind to some kind of "upgrade quest". No clue what to do from there.

Found the Pack a Punch machine too. Much much easier to get than Shadows's machine. Figured out how to turn down gravity in the underground crypt area, but I'm not sure what it's purpose is yet. Musical easter egg was pretty easy to find.

Interesting map. Like the design so far.

Xater

So I fed some dragon heads, got a sweet bow, shot a wall at the top of some stairs that had a symbol on it, and then had to bind to some kind of "upgrade quest". No clue what to do from there.

Found the Pack a Punch machine too. Much much easier to get than Shadows's machine. Figured out how to turn down gravity in the underground crypt area, but I'm not sure what it's purpose is yet. Musical easter egg was pretty easy to find.

Interesting map. Like the design so far.

You are supposed to be able to upgrade the bow. You might have found the start for that?

I like the maps, but Rise and Splash are pretty big. Team Deathmach was pretty boring on them. With Splash, everyone just goes to the middle lane lol.

jorgejjvr

I like the maps, but Rise and Splash are pretty big. Team Deathmach was pretty boring on them. With Splash, everyone just goes to the middle lane lol.
Gauntlet looked big too

Is skyjacked still as fun as before?

Are the maps along with the rest of the maps on every Playlist?

Xater

I think it's great to getmore big maps. Sadly only got to try Splash so far, but I thought it was super cool. It does have a 3 lane design, but there are a lot of ways to ambush people.

Lyonaz

Lol at Gauntlet in Hardcore, everybody is just camping in the jungle area.

Liking the maps so far. Splash and Skyjacked are my current favourites.

Gauntlet looked big too

Is skyjacked still as fun as before?

Are the maps along with the rest of the maps on every Playlist?

Hows matchmaking? Last night was awful I went from finding 50 games In domination to find one or two of the same lobby over and over after the update.

Last night in an hour of playing I didn't see a single player under 350 spm. I have around 450 spm and it felt like SBMM is back but maybe people had been downloading the update still. But last night was an awful experience terrible lag in almost every lobby.

Xater

There are 4 touch pads in the underground portion around the pyramid. I guess with four players you can activate something there.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Now regarding the DLC maps, I was wondering if there will be playlists where you only play on the new maps exclusively? This would probably segregate the playerbase a bit, but it beats playing on Combine for the 5th time in a row when there are new maps to explore.

They usually do but it seems like it's not that way on PS4 at the moment.

Another general question regarding maps and modes:
I've been playing MP for around 30 hours so far, and I have been wondering about the map rotation. Am I right in my assumption that not all maps occur in certain modes? Because I believe I have never encountered Metro in TDM.

Yes all maps show up for every game mode with the exception of Ground War. Because of the bigger teams, the smaller maps are removed from the rotation there.

What also really bugs me is that everyone always votes for the maps that have been played to death in the games beta instead of giving the newer maps their time in the spotlight. But maybe that's just me and everyone else loves their 539th time on Combine.

I think they finally fixed that, no more voting for the same map indefinitely.

j-wood

There will be, but it is in all modes regardless as everyone essentially has it, they just gated it off for those that paid and those that didn't.

What happens for players when it come sup in a list though and they didn't pay?

Or is it a system where if one person in the lobby doesn't have the pack then the maps never come up? Because if so that would really suck

Yeah, you can't vote for the same map indefinitely, it greys out after playing the same map two times I think. Then you only have the choice between one specific map or a random one.

I don't know what to think of the new maps yet. I think I like Gauntlet the most, just a simple three lane design with a cool theme. My least favorite I think is Rise, pretty campy.

And I think people who don't own the DLC get put in lobbies with other people who don't own the DLC. But doesn't this really fracture the player base?

I can't wait to try out the Ripper on Skyjacked. Just stay indoors and stab people that rush in.

Seems like theres a million pathways on Splash after playing it once, Gauntlet is pretty simple just the 3 different places in 1 make it a little confusing, havent played Rise, Skyjacked looks nice but I forgot how to play the map(Hijacked), been so long

Can only imagine how trippy Splash or Gauntlet are when on drugs (dont do them so will never find out).

The lighting also seems different...better? Havent played any old maps yet so can't fully compare yet

Xater

I also have to say I am super impressed by how good Der Eisendrache looks. Ther eis just so much detail in that map.

Metfanant

so am i actually reading this correct, that the new maps are in the rotation of all playlists right off the bat? including HC TDM?!...

you mean us peasant HC TDM players dont have to wait for the next map pack to release to play the previous pack in our playlist of choice like in AW?

Non-DLC related, but patch related:

The MP matchmaking seemed to be better last night in grouping lobbies with similar rankings. I played against few players who weren't prestiged to some level.

Map selection now features an inability to select previously played maps. An okay feature unless Random brings it back again

Music in lobby and during the game is now more prominent, especially at points where the teams are close in score, or the round is almost over

The only new, non-DLC map I played was Exodus and I hated it. Shotgunners dream.

I'd like to hear opinions about the new maps before I spend $15.

I wish that we'd get Conquest Domination in COD.

For anyone who hasn't played Battlefield 3 or 4 or didn't play the mode, Conquest Domination differs from COD's version of Domination in that each team has a protected home base, each if the 3 flags need to be neutralized before being captured, and it drains tickets rather than adding points. Basically it's a mini Conquest designed for 6v6 or 8v8.

I like that Splash is huge but then the spawns flip so easily since there's such a large area that they can spawn from.

Only played in DOM though.

Kalentan

Did anyone find the Juggernog in the DLC map? (Or does everything switch around like "The Giant"?)

My run last night had me getting to round 13 and never finding it. Granted though, I never rode the tram... Cause I got on it... and then it left without me as I stood off of it.

ncslamm

Loving the new maps. Haven't noticed the awareness nerf that everyone is talking about in this thread because i've been trying to play without it. Time to test it out.

RS4-

I figured this would happen when I read about it on Reddit today. It sounds super easy to do like how does this get through QA.

Anyone who has been playing does matchmaking seem better today?

There's like 4 spots, probably more, just on Splash alone.

I've only had two half games so far, so I don't know if MM is better or worse.

Top Bottom