• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Uplink on splash is great. Enemy team took the ball, then they glitched out of the map and stayed there the whole match.

PhCODGX.gif

Should have followed them out! If they can do it, you can do it. Step your game up!

Ensoul

Can someone please explain to me how the hell I install the map pack? All it says it purchased but gives me no option to install this. Ive been trying to figure this out for an hour and half.

Skittles

Can someone please explain to me how the hell I install the map pack? All it says it purchased but gives me no option to install this. Ive been trying to figure this out for an hour and half.
Try accessing doing it while in the game. Should say purchase season pass when you click find match. Go through that way and you should be able to get it

jorgejjvr

Go to the Playstation store, look for black ops 3, the DLC should be free, put it in your cart, purchase for 0

Restart game

j-wood

Did they take out splash to fix those wall exploits? Played for almost 2 hours tonight and only saw Gauntlet, Rise, and the Sky ship one

Greenymac

Did they take out splash to fix those wall exploits? Played for almost 2 hours tonight and only saw Gauntlet, Rise, and the Sky ship one

Same here. Played for couple hours earlier and got all the maps except for Splash... Also, the Awareness nerf is definitely noticable but its not terrible. They should tweak it though or maybe its glitched. Im having people kill me who I cant even hear and theyre too close for me NOT to hear them. Something is definitely off. Im using Astros by the way.

Screw it. I'm just playing Domination. Playing all these odd and wacky game modes in the DLC playlist decreased my SPM by two. I love the maps but hate playing anything that's not Domination.

Ensoul

Well I figured out the issue with the downloaded maps:

Somehow my data was corrupted which was locking me out of some of the games i purchased. Called sony and an hour and a half later I had to reinitialize my ps4 and download everything all over again. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my night.

Guess I try again tomorrow to play the new maps.

No_Style

Yeah, Jorge. You can skip inviting my bro and I unless you guys are primarily playing base game. At least they warned everyone with that red text. Ha.

Kalentan

Starting to think the DLC playlist should just be called Dominiation. :/

Edit: Also would anyone be interested in a Zombies OT thread? I think there was talks of one before Black Ops 3 was released but we ended up saying it would be better to wait till Blops 3 is out.

jorgejjvr

Yeah, Jorge. You can skip inviting my bro and I unless you guys are primarily playing base game. At least they warned everyone with that red text. Ha.
Why don't you just get the maps?

Thing is, even in the base game/Playlists, the maps are included. So you either play your games with all the maps, or without the DLC maps, it's better to play all maps :(

Radec

Anyone crashing when going to the barracks>leaderboards on ps4?

Game is crashing on me every time I go there after the patch.

No_Style

Why don't you just get the maps?

Thing is, even in the base game/Playlists, the maps are included. So you either play your games with all the maps, or without the DLC maps, it's better to play all maps :(

I agree! If only they didn't decide to segregate the community with paid DLC in a competitive MP game but the genie is out of the bottle on that front. I don't support this nonsense and if my experience is lesser because of it, I consider it a failing of the business decision.

Seems like the matchmaking is working as intended. My bro and I played together and we didn't encounter any issues about not having the maps, so I'm not negatively affected yet. If you guys include us non-DLC players, you guys will be negatively affected because the matchmaking will only find games where we all have the maps.

jorgejjvr

I agree! If only they didn't decide to segregate the community with paid DLC in a competitive MP game but the genie is out of the bottle on that front. I don't support this nonsense and if my experience is lesser because of it, I consider it a failing of the business decision.

Seems like the matchmaking is working as intended. My bro and I played together and we didn't encounter any issues about not having the maps, so I'm not negatively affected yet. If you guys include us non-DLC players, you guys will be negatively affected because the matchmaking will only find games where we all have the maps.
Yikes

Trust me, I know where you are coming from, but the maps are too good to ignore.

It's giving me more enjoyment out of the game, and to me it's worth it.

Specially because this game out of the box had so much content already. If there was no dlc, I would still play the heck out of this game and love it, it feels like a complete game full of content already.

I also went through black ops 2 on wii u, so I know what it is like to not have the extra maps

So believe me bo2 and bo3 are great games, that thankfully are more than good enough without extra content

So now that I have a choice to get more out of a game I already love, a game I already think has lots of content, then it is worth it in my opinion. If the game was lacking, I would put up my pitchfork, but it is not. So I see it as extra content that I don't have to have, but I'm better off with it, specially since it gives me more of what I love.

I also don't feel like me not buying the DLC, will someone change how dlc works in the future, I will just be missing out.

I despise games that do not come with full content and want to sell you separately the full game.

But I feel like bo3 is a full game, with extra content that you don't need, but it is great if you do

Still, I understand where you are coming from, but I feel you are losing and not gaining anything. Again, I don't think bo3 is lacking, hence I'm fine with more extra content for the game I love

Repo Man

So is all dlc going to be timed exclusives on the PS4 or just this first one ? Bit surprised that pc folk have to wait too but whatever, I'm still quite enjoying the vanilla maps and tbh I haven't even decided whether I'll bother with any of it or not since in other games people tend to just stick to vanilla maps.

Xater

So is all dlc going to be timed exclusives on the PS4 or just this first one ? Bit surprised that pc folk have to wait too but whatever, I'm still quite enjoying the vanilla maps and tbh I haven't even decided whether I'll bother with any of it or not since in other games people tend to just stick to vanilla maps.

It's the same deal Xbox has before. All the DLC will be out a month earlier on Playstation.

all DLC is timed

jorgejjvr

Not sure how it was before

But in this game all the maps are in all Playlist, so you either have more maps or you don't. Not really a choice of going vanilla, if I do try to go and do 'vanilla', there's not much of a choice since the DLC maps will come no matter where I am

There's a separate lobby for only dlc maps and multiple modes, but you can find all the DLC maps in every lobby/playlist as well

The only way to go true vanilla, is to have someone on my party that does not have the DLC maps, and the game will only look for people with vanilla maps

Other than that, I will always be paired up with people who own the DLC

Repo Man

all DLC is timed

Ok ta, suppose one good thing is that any bugs or exploits should be fixed by the time they are out for pc.

Not sure how it was before

But in this game all the maps are in all Playlist, so you either have more maps or you don't. Not really a choice of going vanilla, if I do try to go and do 'vanilla', there's not much of a choice since the DLC maps will come no matter where I am

I'm new to CoD dlc, so if I don't own the maps I get booted out of the game and have to look for another one untill the same may happen again ?

jorgejjvr

Ok ta, suppose one good thing is that any bugs or exploits should be fixed by the time they are out for pc.

I'm new to CoD dlc, so if I don't own the maps I get booted out of the game and have to look for another one untill the same may happen again ?
No, you only get paired up, and find people with vanilla maps.

I explained more in my previous post

No_Style

The thing is, I don't feel like I've exhausted the base game; the thought of more content never crossed my mind. I mean, we just got Exodus back on PS4 and then there are other maps and modes that I've yet to put any real dent into because the group would pass on it or we've never played them. Maybe if I was like 9 Prestige levels deep and know every map like the back of my hand, I would feel different? But I doubt it.

I'd get into the lasting power of paid maps the historical context of an MP game but that's not a topic for this thread at all.

kaskade

Holy hell do I love the argus. I rarely ever use shotguns on CoD but that thing just feels so good. It seemed pretty easy to get gold on since it was one shot medals instead of headshots. Is there any tips to getting headshots with other guns?

No_Style

I just noticed it last night. The lightning changes on Hunted looked a bit weird at first but it's nice. Makes it look like a nice sunny day.

Looks like Von tweeted that the Splash glitches are getting patched today. Thank god. Saw that map several times the first night, then didn't see it at all last night. Was weird. Maybe they pulled it temporarily? Did anyone see splash last night?

Skyjacked has some bad spawns that probably need to be fixed as well. I never really had much issue with spawns in vanilla and I play tdm, where people say spawns are the worst. But last night in Skyjacked I had several highly questionable spawns, right in the middle of the enemy spawn side.

Looks like Von tweeted that the Splash glitches are getting patched today. Thank god. Saw that map several times the first night, then didn't see it at all last night. Was weird. Maybe they pulled it temporarily? Did anyone see splash last night?

Skyjacked has some bad spawns that probably need to be fixed as well. I never really had much issue with spawns in vanilla and I play tdm, where people say spawns are the worst. But last night in Skyjacked I had several highly questionable spawns, right in the middle of the enemy spawn side.

I saw Splash last night, played a game of Kill Confirmed on it infsct.

jorgejjvr

Going to be hard to juggle this and Naruto when it comes out Tuesday

And I have yet to beat xenoblade, plus smash dlc, and fire emblem also this month... Damn

Kalentan

So yeah... With the latest patch, people basically only use SMGs. I've played with like... 4 people over the course of like 10+ matches that had AR's like myself. Otherwise everyone is using an SMG.

Hikami

I got gem camo for the XR-2 and started using that more for a while. God damn I'm doing so good with it. I used to just run UAV, Care Package, and CUAV. But now I'm getting enough points for higher streaks so I have Wraith, Power Core, and RAPS. Getting at least one of each every game now. I found "my" gun.

No_Style

So yeah... With the latest patch, people basically only use SMGs. I've played with like... 4 people over the course of like 10+ matches that had AR's like myself. Otherwise everyone is using an SMG.

Weird because the latest patch nerfed SMGs a bit with reduction of sprint out speed.

I'm sure there's an influx of returning players who used SMGs a lot early on because they are very viable in this game. I personally switch weapons/classes depending on map. I have SMG maps, Full Auto AR maps and Burst AR maps.

I got gem camo for the XR-2 and started using that more for a while. God damn I'm doing so good with it. I used to just run UAV, Care Package, and CUAV. But now I'm getting enough points for higher streaks so I have Wraith, Power Core, and RAPS. Getting at least one of each every game now. I found "my" gun.

Went back to the XR-2 after trying the M87 I just love the one burst (3 bullet) potential with it. I run ELO, Long Barrel, Rapid Fire and Quickdraw. I tried the M87 again after Prestiging and it felt weak at a distance. It has its place but I feel the XR-2 rewards precision with one burst kills while M87 forgives inaccuracies with quicker shots between bursts. I rather have the former.

Played Splash a bunch last night - didn't have anyone doing the map glitch. But I'm happy they are patching it so quickly, it's fairly game breaking.

Skyjacked spawns are terrible, likely because it's such a small map. I was at one end of the map waiting for a bad guy to come out of the main building and two bad guys spawned behind me....in the 10 feet of space behind me. They quickly killed me. There's no way they should have spawned there, especially since most of their team was on the opposite side of the map. I also saw some questionable spawns on Gauntlet too - I'd spawn and get killed after taking 3 steps. I think this is typical for new maps though. They need to figure out how players flow around the maps and will make tweaks accordingly. Same thing happened when the game was first released.

Top Bottom