• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
There's something about trying to get specific items in games that have items as random drops that makes one extra irritable. I'm getting Destiny flashbacks.

It's weird, when people around you fire an MX Garand it sounds sort of like a fart gun. When you're playing with one and shooting it yourself it doesn't. Bizarre. Haha

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's weird, when people around you fire an MX Garand it sounds sort of like a fart gun. When you're playing with one and shooting it yourself it doesn't. Bizarre. Haha

I wouldn't know =/. I must have gotten the reaper decal like 23 times already. Feels bad.

Ensoul

I am not even sure what to think of the crates anymore.

I think they changed how the 10 crates work. I was getting decent items at the beginning but now it's all common items.
The 30 usually get a taunt and two common items.
With the 60 naturally I got rare/legendary gear, a taunt and a common item.

Oynox

So I got my first rare chest yesterday AMD got one emblem editor symbol, one rare weapon skin and one epic for the Kuda. But I could bet I got 5 items in the common chest! Or am I wrong?

Can o get the weapons only from rare drops?

I wouldn't know =/. I must have gotten the reaper decal like 23 times already. Feels bad.
I know how you feel. It wasn't until a week ago that I'd gotten ANY of the weapons, and I'd opened so many supply drops. I leveled my MX Garand up to diamond so I could have dark matter on it too, and I really don't think you're missing much. I know the allure of a new gun is cool and all, but personally, I don't think it's such a great gun.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
BTW, does anyone here play Team Deathmatch?

Mostly. Until I get irritated with the cryptokey turnout.

I want to like Demolition and Uplink, but those objective gamemodes make me want to murder my team. I like Kill Confirmed, but I don't play it if I need bloodthirsties.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I know how you feel. It wasn't until a week ago that I'd gotten ANY of the weapons, and I'd opened so many supply drops. I leveled my MX Garand up to diamond so I could have dark matter on it too, and I really don't think you're missing much. I know the allure of a new gun is cool and all, but personally, I don't think it's such a great gun.

I've always had a thing for the G3/M14/FAL style guns. But yea the thirst is mostly because of the novelty of a new weapon.

Creaking

I've always had a thing for the G3/M14/FAL style guns. But yea the thirst is mostly because of the novelty of a new weapon.

No kidding. Whenever I see an opponent using something new, I kill them and take it. If I ever unlock these weapons, they'll probably be halfway leveled up.

I feel you. I can see that appeal as well. The gun feels a bit awkward in this game to me unless I have extended mags on it. Plus, it just doesn't have the accuracy of the Sheiva. You can do well with it, but I'd much rather have the Gorgon. Haha

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No kidding. Whenever I see an opponent using something new, I kill them and take it. If I ever unlock these weapons, they'll probably be halfway leveled up.

Haha. I only got that barrack goal of kill ten enemies with a picked up weapon yesterday. I generally don't like picking up other players' weapons.

I feel you. I can see that appeal as well. The gun feels a bit awkward in this game to me unless I have extended mags on it. Plus, it just doesn't have the accuracy of the Sheiva. You can do well with it, but I'd much rather have the Gorgon. Haha

I guess they couldn't make it have both better accuracy and fire rate then Sheiva, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to keep using the sheiva.

Haha. I only got that barrack goal of kill ten enemies with a picked up weapon yesterday. I generally don't like picking up other players' weapons.

I guess they couldn't make it have both better accuracy and fire rate then Sheiva, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to keep using the sheiva.
For sure, but then the MX seems to lend itself more to mid/close range battles where it feels sort of awkward to me. Generally when I use a semi-auto, I want awesome accuracy. It doesn't quite have that, and the low clip size/inability to reload hamstring it more.

Creaking

Take the time to grind out a rare box after being burnt on them for a while.

Get two commons (one of which is a duplicate) and a "ha-ha" rare gesture.

Tabby

I got the Marshall in my 3rd box and it's been about 3 weeks since then and I've got nothing. All I want is the MX.

Grinded 30 keys and got hit with two commons and a rare plus 5 keys, had just enough for a common supply drop got etched for the M8 (epic) these things are joke.

Dude, I get that shit a LOT. It'll go "common, common, then some sort of gesture/taunt" on the right. It's gotten to the point where if I see two commons pop up I can predict that that's what I'm getting.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I was looking over the February patch notes and am genuinely puzzled why they further nerfed the Gorgon and are continuing to nerf LMG's in general. They're addressing a problem that just doesn't exist. Even when the Gorgon was semi popular it never came close to holding a candle to some SMGs and ARs.

Creaking

I was looking over the February patch notes and am genuinely puzzled why they further nerfed the Gorgon and are continuing to nerf LMG's in general.

Which patch was that? Got a link? I thought the Gorgon had been pretty much untouched since the first nerf.

I was looking over the February patch notes and am genuinely puzzled why they further nerfed the Gorgon and are continuing to nerf LMG's in general. They're addressing a problem that just doesn't exist. Even when the Gorgon was semi popular it never came close to holding a candle to some SMGs and ARs.
Wait, they did what? Link please?

The LMG's are already pretty garbage in this game. The game was clearly built from the ground up for run and gun gameplay, and the LMG's were really blah to begin with, because God forbid they give us good ones, and don't fuck us over with obscene suppressor penalties so that good LMG players might actually be able to slow games down a bit and practice better map control! As time has gone on, I've slowly transitioned to playing Rainbow Six: Siege, and going back to Black Ops 2 more and more, because I hate what Call of Duty has become, and the fact that they're catering to one playstyle at the expense of others. It sucks. They've lowered the depth of strategy and map control in the game substantially, along with lessening the viability of other playstyles, other than just run and gun.

I just played one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire time playing CoD. Domination on Combine. All the enemy team did was all run over clock and just go from capturing A and C over and over again, getting their war machines, purifiers, and Scythes over and over again quickly, and calling in tons of UAV's and killstreaks, camping in corners close to our spawns, and killing us over and over again. What an absolute mess of a game Black Ops 3 is. All of this could have been avoided with good game design. I mistakenly bought the season pass which is why I started playing it again in the past week and a half or so. I truly wish I hadn't bought this game digitally, and had bought it on disc so I could have sold it and at least gotten something back for it.

This isn't the Call of Duty I used to love. I think that's about it for me and Black Ops 3. I might check in briefly when new map packs get released, but I hope you guys enjoy the game at least. As someone who has been playing CoD for many years, I'm incredibly disappointed with what it has become.

Ah yes you were dumped into the DLC players pool I beleive.

I don't own it and feel like I've been doing better lately, I probably haven't I'm just encountering less higher skilled players.
It's just the mechanics of the game. I've felt this way for a long time, and hadn't really been playing it at all until recently. I'll never buy a Call of Duty game again that includes the sorts of things present in Black Ops 3.

Does anyone mainly play Domination on the Xbox with the map pack? Have you noticed that Skyjacked and Rise are never in the rotation? I think I've played both of those maps maybe once in the two weeks since the map pack came out and I've played easily 20+ hours, almost all of it in the Domination playlist.

Ganhyun

Does anyone mainly play Domination on the Xbox with the map pack? Have you noticed that Skyjacked and Rise are never in the rotation? I think I've played both of those maps maybe once in the two weeks since the map pack came out and I've played easily 20+ hours, almost all of it in the Domination playlist.

I play on XBox and I've noticed that if a match ends and I was playing on a new map, I sometimes get tossed back into the old map only rotation if by chance the next two choices are old maps and someone without the new maps joins the lobby.

Top Bottom