• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Nabs

I got the Butterfly Knife, Brass Knuckles and MX Garand all within a 2-3 week period recently. I'd trade it all in for the ShadowClaw or Baseball Bat.

Cez4ofpW4AEozsm.jpg

and the first DLC pack will be free to play this weekend on PS4.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Been playing since launch and I haven't gotten a single weapon. I don't care how many keys it costs, I'm saving for this weapon pack.

Zero Hero

Double prestiged the Razorback to get the kill counter. To my surprise the counter didn't start at 0 and showed all kills since I started using it.

thejpfin

I'm a master prestige, level 66.
Would you like to play together?

If you care about stats, I mostly play domination, have a 2.83 K/D (working on a 3.00), 4.80 W/L, and 551 SPM in Dom. I've called in 400+ Motherships, with an average of 12 kills per use.
Nah, I'm a solo player, but that might change if I get really frustrated with random teammates. I'm gonna send you a friend req on psn, if I feel like trying teamplay with other gaffers.
Impressive stats, 551 spm is insane. I just got my spm to 400 and it was pain in the ass. What killstreaks do you use other than mothership?

Treyarch pls D:
Nice, zombie level set in Japan? Not bad.

Valkrai

Nah, I'm a solo player, but that might change if I get really frustrated with random teammates. I'm gonna send you a friend req on psn, if I feel like trying teamplay with other gaffers.
Impressive stats, 551 spm is insane. I just got my spm to 400 and it was pain in the ass. What killstreaks do you use other than mothership?

It's gonna be set in the island of Pohnpei for DLC2 while DLC3 seems to be in Stalingrad according to the coordinates that were in Shadows of Evil. It also gave the coordinates for the castle that Der Eisendrache is based off of.

Was able to bump it to 553 SPM and a 2.85 K/D. Progress! Besides the Mothership I use the Wraith and RAPS, and usually manage to get them a few seconds/minutes into the start of a game.

Edit: The reason my stats take a while to change (usually 3+ games) is because I've been playing for so long. I almost have 50,000 kills and 6,000,000 score. Thus, I need to do considerably well in order for the numbers to be changed to such an extent that it'll cause a 0.01 change. That's not too much of a worry, though. Most of my matches nowadays range from 590-1000 SPM and it's usually no trouble to have a reasonably high K/D (just a while ago I went 80-1 and 110-3). The W/L is the only one that's always effected after every match, USUALLY.

Creaking

Saved up enough for four rares so far. This is killing me. I've decided that if I get to 300 before this thing happens (if ever), then I get to open one rare.

On the plus side, I finally got around to finishing diamond ARs and LMGs. SMGs are all that's left, with the Kuda and Vesper the closest to being done.

Was able to bump it to 553 SPM and a 2.85 K/D. Progress! Besides the Mothership I use the Wraith and RAPS, and usually manage to get them a few seconds/minutes into the start of a game.

Edit: The reason my stats take a while to change (usually 3+ games) is because I've been playing for so long. I almost have 50,000 kills and 6,000,000 score. Thus, I need to do considerably well in order for the numbers to be changed to such an extent that it'll cause a 0.01 change. That's not too much of a worry, though. Most of my matches nowadays range from 590-1000 SPM and it's usually no trouble to have a reasonably high K/D (just a while ago I went 80-1 and 110-3). The W/L is the only one that's always effected after every match, USUALLY.

With those 3 killstreaks, it's no wonder your stats are where they're at. That's essentially a terminator build :p

With those 3 killstreaks, it's no wonder your stats are where they're at. That's essentially a terminator build :p

Pretty much! I get so many complaints and messages accusing me of hacking whenever I call them in before the score hits 10 on Domination. Calling in the Wraith/RAPS usually puts us far in the lead and calling in a Mothership is a guaranteed win (assuming I have adequate teammates). They cause so much chaos and destruction, I called in a double Mothership on hunted and I went 80-1 (sadly people left so the kills weren't maximized, and I was frustrated because the one death happened near the end). The guy who killed me was pretty cool, sending me a message that killing me was the highlight of his night, and thanked me because he's never seen a Mothership (let alone two).

Ensoul

I am passable on TDM but I am amazed how people get motherships or any other high scorestreak on any objective game. I get flanked about 10 times a game so I have no chance to get anything remotely high.

Valkrai

New screenshot of the new Zombie map: Zetsubou No Shima
6bcf4177-8275-47a9-ad5f-4ebe1289a85e.jpg

DLC2 confirmed Eclipse coming April 19th for PS4

4 new maps: Spire, Rift, Knockout, and Verge (Remake of Banzai from World at War) with Zetsubou No Shima.

I am passable on TDM but I am amazed how people get motherships or any other high scorestreak on any objective game. I get flanked about 10 times a game so I have no chance to get anything remotely high.

You're supposed to be the one doing the flanking and the surprising.

Although I'll admit it's certainly harder to get streaks in objective modes. It's insanely easy to get a Mothership in TDM.

Creaking

New screenshot of the new Zombie map: Zetsubou No Shima
6bcf4177-8275-47a9-ad5f-4ebe1289a85e.jpg

DLC2 confirmed Eclipse coming April 19th for PS4

4 new maps: Spire, Rift, Knockout, and Verge (Remake of Banzai from World at War) with Zetsubou No Shima.

Dang, April 19th? That's the longest DLC gap yet I think. Nearly two weeks longer than Advanced Warfare or Ghosts DLC1 -> DLC2 gap (though admittedly closer to the gap in Black Ops II). Zombies map better be worth it.

Valkrai

Dang, April 19th? That's the longest DLC gap yet I think. Nearly two weeks longer than Advanced Warfare or Ghosts DLC1 -> DLC2 gap (though admittedly closer to the gap in Black Ops II). Zombies map better be worth it.

Yeah it sucks that its so long but I think I should be able to hold. Most likely us PC players will get it in May but the mod tools coming in April should help hold us over until it comes.

Creaking

Yeah it sucks that its so long but I think I should be able to hold. Most likely us PC players will get it in May but the mod tools coming in April should help hold us over until it comes.

Yikes, I forgot about that. I've been on PlayStation since forever ago, but this timed exclusivity BS bites, no matter who is behind the reigns.

Ensoul

Although I'll admit it's certainly harder to get streaks in objective modes. It's insanely easy to get a Mothership in TDM.

I have yet to see a mothership on TDM. I just cannot get the higher kill streaks in TDM to open the door to get the mothership. Then again I am overall pretty awful at the game.

Weird, I've had the opposite experience. I almost always play TDM and rarely see high streaks like wraith/raps. Never seen a mothership. I roll with low streaks as do most people in TDM.

The other day I jumped into a game of dom on a whim without changing up my streak setup, and got to my highest streak (hellstorm) in less than 1 minute of play. In TDM I average ~1 hellstorm per match. The pattern continued in dom, so I switched out my low streaks for higher ones and was able to get them at about the same rate as I get the lower streaks in TDM.

There's just so much more score to go around in dom with the caps and defends and such, streaks are definitely much easier to get.

I have yet to see a mothership on TDM. I just cannot get the higher kill streaks in TDM to open the door to get the mothership. Then again I am overall pretty awful at the game.

Weird, I've had the opposite experience. I almost always play TDM and rarely see high streaks like wraith/raps. Never seen a mothership. I roll with low streaks as do most people in TDM.

The other day I jumped into a game of dom on a whim without changing up my streak setup, and got to my highest streak (hellstorm) in less than 1 minute of play. In TDM I average ~1 hellstorm per match. The pattern continued in dom, so I switched out my low streaks for higher ones and was able to get them at about the same rate as I get the lower streaks in TDM.

There's just so much more score to go around in dom with the caps and defends and such, streaks are definitely much easier to get.

I'll agree with your statement about score being easier to acquire and having more score to go around. I've definitely gotten high scorestreaks FASTER in Domination than in TDM, because of the reasons you've stated. However people also tend to play more aggressively and while that isn't much of a problem, my teammates seem to get overwhelmed and can't handle themselves whenever I play solo. Meanwhile, in TDM everyone is practically a noob (from my experiences), and those who aren't can still be killed rather quickly. I'll admit that it may take longer because you can only really get score for kills, but it's definitely a lot EASIER due to a lack of any real sort of competition whatsoever. Getting streaks there is practically guaranteed, it's like taking an easy way out (even if they might take a while to get).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since it got added to the regular play list it's been either that, Combine or Fringe.

Thankfully I like Fringe, and Combine feels so big after playing Nuketown.

I feel like I threw money away for the season pass so far. Almost every time a new map shows up in the rotation I'll vote against it, and so do most people. I'm not even sure why as I had fairly positive impressions at the start. I think I played them too much in the Awakening playlist, and missed the old maps a bit.
Except Exodus, give me Nuketown over that crap.

Creaking

Well, got me just over 160 cryptokeys saved. Only took three days of fairly active playing. On the way there, I got nearly six guns to diamond, starting from around 40 head shots each. Enough for one weapon crate and a common if that leak is entirely accurate. Bet I'll get a wrench.

Well, got me just over 160 cryptokeys saved. Only took three days of fairly active playing. On the way there, I got nearly six guns to diamond, starting from around 40 head shots each. Enough for one weapon crate and a common if that leak is entirely accurate. Bet I'll get a wrench.

any links to this rumor?

Creaking

any links to this rumor?

Actually, now that I look into it further, most folks seem to be leaning on it being fake. It was supposedly a bit of code found in the PC version that suggested a special "Arms Dealer" weapon crate costing either 150 Cryptokeys or 1000 CoD points. Can't find much more to substantiate the rumor though.

Still gonna keep saving though. It makes me feel less awful than opening crates does.

Yup, this game sucks for objective modes thanks to the movement system/unlimited sprint/other nonsense. Just lots of constant brainless flanking and floating over cover and into windows of buildings, over and over and over. It's garbage gameplay. At least for Domination, which is basically all I play. Or should I say, all I played.

Ensoul

I am working on camos for the shotguns and LMG and I have to say it's not much fun but for some reasons always feel like I have to be working toward something in this game.

Valkrai

This Der Eisendrache easter egg is so goddamn rage inducing. Died at the
3rd phase of the Keeper boss battle. Almost beat it D:

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Double XP and I can't find a match.

Just says 50 matches for everything but never puts me into a lobby.

Second edit: the servers are absolute trash right now. Got put into a 1v2 on Nuketown. I won thankfully.

Valkrai

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees finally did that Der Eisendrache EE on solo. Actually not as hard as I thought it'd be once I realized you can completely telegraph the Panzersoldats.

Top Bottom