• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Repo Man

Don't usually cry nerf/buff at things but the RK5 could do with a bit of love! Easily one of my least favourite guns in the game. I find it totally inaccurate while ADS and utterly inconsistent when hipfiring. Got laser sight and long barrel on it atm and I play hardcore with pistols but I dunno, maybe my attachments are screwing me over. In any case I look forward to have the 100 headshot bit of the camo grind done with this piece of shit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Don't usually cry nerf/buff at things but the RK5 could do with a bit of love! Easily one of my least favourite guns in the game. I find it totally inaccurate while ADS and utterly inconsistent when hipfiring. Got laser sight and long barrel on it atm and I play hardcore with pistols but I dunno, maybe my attachments are screwing me over. In any case I look forward to have the 100 headshot bit of the camo grind done with this piece of shit.

It's the go-to secondary for pro players. It absolutely melts people at close range.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm still waiting for them to make the Haymaker desirable at all. It was the first gun they nerfed, and now the Brecci makes it redundant. If they won't increase the damage, then at least make it shoot faster.

Tried using the L-Car recently after golding it ages ago, before it had been touched at all. Came away pretty disappointed. Is it just me, or did they make dual wield less accurate at some point? I remember it being about as accurate as single-wield hip fire, which was great for the no-second-attachment trade-off. Now the accuracy feels too random. Maybe it's just the L-Car damage nerf I'm feeling.

9cG1gfq.jpg

Ganhyun

So apparently #Blackmarketblackout is a thing. Been seeing a lot of people linking it and lot of people making videos about it. It basically calls for everyone, including popular COD players, to boycott buying anything on the black market with real money from April to July.

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7nF_dmaE46g

All the big youtubers spending thousands of dollars is going to make the next COD a rich man's COD.

angelic

Banned
Prestige 6, farmed 500 from the last double key weekend, still not seen a new weapon, not even a melee. they even had a "50 percent off" sale which was only COD points not cryptos, then dropped a load of new content once it ended. I'm a fan and a long term player, going nowhere, but I certainly think activision are a bunch of dicks, and I would not offer them a cuppa if they ever popped round.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
*edit* I think the frustration of grinding weapons im not good with and dont like because its the only thing left to do is setting in.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone watching this?

Call of Duty World League NA Grand Finals

OpTic Gaming VS. Rise Nation

https://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

Been watching almost all day.

Yeah really not a fan. They're all headless chicken maps.

My biggest problem is the fact that none of them take advantage of the new movement system to do anything interesting. You've got a few token pools to swim around in, but there aren't any real interesting wall run spots that I can think of.

Been watching almost all day.

My biggest problem is the fact that none of them take advantage of the new movement system to do anything interesting. You've got a few token pools to swim around in, but there aren't any real interesting wall run spots that I can think of.

I disagree, skyjack has an amazing hidden wallrun spot, as does Splash. Gauntlet and Rise use the movement system well since you can pretty much traverse the maps without touching the ground.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That was really something, couldn't have imagined a better Grand Finals xD

I kind of hate watching with the X-ray vision from CODCaster though. Really ruins the paranoia somebody you're watching is feeling when you can see where every other player is, and takes away from some of the skilled shots they make on guys head glitching.

I kind of hate watching with the X-ray vision from CODCaster though. Really ruins the paranoia somebody you're watching is feeling when you can see where every other player is, and takes away from some of the skilled shots they make on guys head glitching.

True, this was really annoying on the last map
when they almost went to B all of the time

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd really love to see new maps added to competitive. I understand why the maps are limited, but at this point I've watched so much competitive/wager matches that nothing surprises me any longer.

Every once in a while you'll get a player coming up big with a tree jump in Redwood, or with the really low wallrun on Evac like tonight, but for the most part they've got all of the lanes shut down.

I'm still waiting for them to make the Haymaker desirable at all. It was the first gun they nerfed, and now the Brecci makes it redundant. If they won't increase the damage, then at least make it shoot faster.

Tried using the L-Car recently after golding it ages ago, before it had been touched at all. Came away pretty disappointed. Is it just me, or did they make dual wield less accurate at some point? I remember it being about as accurate as single-wield hip fire, which was great for the no-second-attachment trade-off. Now the accuracy feels too random. Maybe it's just the L-Car damage nerf I'm feeling.

Long barrel + rapid fire = amazing

Is there anyone in here that plays mostly search ?

That's what I heard too but it might still be fun in couch co op.

Having said that, did you two enjoy it?

My gf doesn't play games that much (let alone FPS games), but she did enjoy it and it eventually got her into Black Ops III lol
For me, I liked it because I could play with my gf. But the story 'n all... not really the best and it eventually turns into a drag IMHO.

Daffy Duck

Being from the UK I have to say I am sick of playing against people from Saudi Arabia and other places in that area, it's borderline unplayable because of how far behind them I am.

The last 3 rare supply drops I opened had two commons and one blue emote, I kid you not.

Everytime I play I only play like 3 matches and then quit. I don't know if I'll buy the 2nd DLC.

M.D

Have there always been frame rate drops on PS4 and I just haven't noticed them? I just played Exodus and noticed some fps dropping when I spawned, and the other day I had some noticeable fps drops when someone dropped R.A.P.S. on that same map

Edit: Just had a match where I couldn't pick up a care package on the same map

Skittles

Haven't played a game of BO3 in over month. Will be getting back into it soon for DLC2. All the updates to zombies shows that the zombie team has more control to their gamemode than the multiplayer team does

M.D

Always been there, sometimes they are dreadful.
Was AW like this? I didn't play it, but maybe it's an issue with the engine.. assuming they are using the same one. Or it's because this is their first next-gen game

Speaking of which, are you guys going to switch to the next iteration this year or stick with BO3? I am finally starting to get better at this game (at least in TDM) after applying some of the advice given to me in this thread and watching videos about the spawn system.

This build is nasty and getting a lot of work done

Razorback + Suppressor + Rapid fire + Fast Mags

Ghost / Ante Up + Tracker / Dead Silence

i guess the second tier perks could be replaced with anything and it would be just as good.

Was AW like this? I didn't play it, but maybe it's an issue with the engine.. assuming they are using the same one. Or it's because this is their first next-gen game

Speaking of which, are you guys going to switch to the next iteration this year or stick with BO3? I am finally starting to get better at this game (at least in TDM) after applying some of the advice given to me in this thread and watching videos about the spawn system.

This build is nasty and getting a lot of work done

Razorback + Suppressor + Rapid fire + Fast Mags

Ghost / Ante Up + Tracker / Dead Silence

i guess the second tier perks could be replaced with anything and it would be just as good.

Was my class the baseline that you used to come up with this one? :p I prefer Scavenger so that running out of ammo is never an issue, and like with Sixth Sense I feel Tracker makes things worse for me by getting me paranoid and making me follow a trail that I wouldn't normally take. I like the BOA 3 sight since it is zoomed in but not too much, allowing the weapon to be used from close and long range. However, if you can manage without a sight, I would definitely go with Dead Silence since I absolutely despise Awareness more than anything else.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad that you're improving and getting comfortable with the game (you even found a class you enjoy)!

Have you considered spicing everything up by playing other game modes? TDM is too easy, simple, and boring for my taste.

Eh, after Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, I'm convinced Treyarch is the only developer that knows what they're doing and how to appeal to their fans.

Top Bottom