• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

ShinMaruku

I'm the same with ruin. I love when he says "Have a good fuckin' day now" after killing someone with the gravity spikes.
Ruin Seraph and Battery have some really interesting lines. Also watch the Battery when you see somebody get gibbed, "Damn that's some harsh shit!"

I do find her frequent "hmph"s pretty funny. And when Nomad says "heading for cover" at the beginning of a match and she responds with "coward! Stand and fight!"

Hardly a challenge. Hmph.
The banter they have is always something interesting. What she says to the Ruin is something funny too.

Ruin Seraph and Battery have some really interesting lines. Also watch the Battery when you see somebody get gibbed, "Damn that's some harsh shit!"

The banter they have is always something interesting. What she says to the Ruin is something funny too.
I love Battery's "Damn, that's some cold ass shit!" when someone just obliterates people in front of her. Haha

What in the earthly fuck am I supposed to do with teammates that go 22-32, 16-32, 11-22, 6-21, and 2-25 in a game of Domination?

Back to the Overwatch beta.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not sure how legitimate this is, but someone has purportedly dug up new code from the most recent patch.

http://pastebin.com/X6EFbvps

It suggests the addition of two new guns (a futuristic Famas and a new launcher that shoots small rockets) and two new melee weapons (a fire axe and a mace)

It also suggests the addition of weapon bribes as rewards for such feats as reaching prestige master and owning the Season Pass.

A bit in there about a contracts system too. Seems similar to the daily challenge thing in Zombies.

If this turns out to be true, it's a decent start I s'pose.

Ganhyun

Not sure how legitimate this is, but someone has purportedly dug up new code from the most recent patch.

It suggests the addition of two new guns (a futuristic Famas and a new launcher that shoots small rockets) and two new melee weapons (a fire axe and a mace)

It also suggests the addition of weapon bribes as rewards for such feats as reaching prestige master and owning the Season Pass.

A bit in there about a contracts system too. Seems similar to the daily challenge thing in Zombies.

It may be true. Activision has to see all the negativity aimed at them for how the weapons were handled, supply drops as a whole, and that intense lashing out at the next COD being in space and such. Hell, there is anger at the COD4 remaster not having all the original maps in it and it being tied to the new COD to force people to buy the new COD when there is a large group of people who want just the remaster.

I had no doubt Activision would put some sort of weapon bribe near the end of Black Ops 3 life cycle to get that last rush of COD points purchases but I'm surprised if they do it this early.

Ganhyun

Looks like they are giving season pass holders

a weapon bribe (so 1 guaranteed weapon drop)
10 rare drops

If you have 75 MP wins you get another set of these too

Based off one of the big COD Youtubers talking about it today.

Looks like they are giving season pass holders

a weapon bribe (so 1 guaranteed weapon drop)
10 rare drops

If you have 75 MP wins you get another set of these too

Based off one of the big COD Youtubers talking about it today.

You have to win 75 it's not retroactive.

I just got the famas and it feels good a bit more recoil than I remember in black ops.

Daffy Duck

Holy shit, so much info dropped whilst I was at the gym.

Treyarch/Activision done good with this season pass offer and the contracts.

Najaf

Got the new semi auto rocket launcher with my weapon bribe. On the one hand, I'm glad I didnt get a garbage melee weapon, on the other, all I want is the MX or the Famas... Also, played with the rocket launcher one match and won't likely ever use it again. Why can't I sell my unwanted loot Treyarch?

Got brass knuckles in my 10 rare drops and netted 65 new cryptokeys from the key bonuses. Think I'm going to save all keys and wait for the inevitable weapon bribe for 150 keys or whatnot...

Did not see anything about challenge rewards though.

Overall, I'm glad they seem to be moving in the right direction regarding loot.

kaskade

I like this solution. At least we get a reward for playing that isn't just completely random. I actually want to go back and play now.

GravyButt

Finally started doing the SP campaign and can honestly say this is the first COD campaign I do not like. Im about halfway through and im totally just meh about it. Anyone else feel the same? Not that the others were necessarily good, just something feels really off about this one.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Finally started doing the SP campaign and can honestly say this is the first COD campaign I do not like. Im about halfway through and im totally just meh about it. Anyone else feel the same? Not that the others were necessarily good, just something feels really off about this one.

Most folks feel the same. Just a poorly designed thing.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's incredibly poor and the worst one made. I'd just stop if I were you.

And I'm the dude who buys these for the campaigns. :(

Top Bottom