• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Viruz

I found a way to fix the input lag on PC.

VodpiRu.jpg

KMr57qn.jpg

Set EVERYTHING to literally the lowest possible!

The game still stutters though and the FPS is ridiculously low.

i7 4770k
GTX 970
32GB Ram

Nice port guys.

If you can't dazzle them with ... Buy a PS4.

Carbonox

Campaign is pure naff. Enjoyed the AW a hell of a lot more.

MP though is fantastic. Having a lot of fun and the Gorgon is nuts.

Azzanadra

My brother got this game,so I guess I will give it a go. Interestingly enough the last 3 cod games I have owned and played have all been of the Black Ops series... I think the first thing I will do is play the campaign. Felt like its been forever since I have played a simple, linear shooter campaign with games like TW3, MGSV and BB to keep my occupied these days.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Will there be more classic zombie maps later as DLC? Not really feeling this 40s' thing, just want the standard zombies fare like WAW/BO.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but I just wanna send a shoutout to Treyarch for no loading screens between Campaign/Zombies and multiplayer. It's a huge difference and noticed it right off the bat.

moerser

anybody else experiencing hit detection problems? im on ps4 and it differs heavily between lobbies, but most of the time i can unload a whole clip in to someone and nothing happens. connection seems to be good, nat type is open.

Kingbrave

Was doing shitty, real shitty and then started using the Weevil and hahahahahahahaha...I'm still shitty but at least I can get a kill or so!

I'm not having any luck getting online on PS4. Getting an ABFG error. Hope this doesn't last all weekend.
Restart your ps4
I've never played zombies in COD before but this shit is fucking hard

Can't make it past round 5
Same here, I wasn't a zombie guy but I'm learning quick. Go for the mystery box asap, you can find it by looking up in the sky for a blue light once you get to the plaza. Then head in that direction, will need about 2000 points. 1000 to unlock the gate to the box and 950 for the gun.

Anyone have weapon recommendation and gameplay tips? It's getting really depressing being at the bottom of my team and knowing you're the reason the team lost every game. It sucks because I played so well in the beta and I just can't adjust now.

Angel_DvA

I think it's the best COD I've played for years, the game is fun as hell, the maps are amazing and the Zombie mode is really great, the movements and overall gameplay is really good and I'm really liking the classes stuff so far, the best FPS this year for me.

the servers issues are annoying though, I know it always happened in big launch multiplayer title but it's really frustrating, I guess I have to play the campaign until servers goes up.

Can someone give me detailed thoughts on the maps and spawning?

How do you feel about 3 lane maps compared to older styled maps from COD?

adelante

Enjoying the campaign now that I've gotten more into it, wasn't feeling the first few missions, but the performance on PS4 is distracting. I felt like the third mission never hit 60 once and the 30fps cap on things like opening doors is awkward.

Good God YES. The dips are all over the place in the first 10 mins of gameplay, was hoping it wouldn't be like this later but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. I actually thought the very first cutscene wasn't interactive cos it was running at 30fps, until I realised I could move the camera. :/

Campaign is bad.....real bad. Its boring me to death.

I'm still pretty early on, but yeah, so far the campaign is really disappointing. It just seems all over the place, with no clear objectives at this point. It's too bad, since the Black Ops games had some of the more interesting story campaigns in the series.

Also, I find the UI to be a mess. I'm sure a lot of it just takes some getting use to, but I'm still struggling to navigate the menus. For example, from other Call of Duties and MP, I'd expect clicking a loadout in the campaign would just select that loadout or possibly customize it. Instead it's a one-click confirm, and after realizing this the hard way, I had to wait for the mission to load, then go to the menu to restart the mission to double-check what other options I had.

Overall, this is probably the first CoD game I have buyer's remorse from (the only one I haven't ever purchased is Ghosts).

Mortemis

Banned
Got the game yesterday but I was too busy, so this morning I put it in for the first time. Waited for it to dl the update, tried to play mp, and it wouldn't even let me into the servers. 😒 (Yes I've tried restarting my ps4 multiple times)

Tried out the campaign, and it's pretty boring. CaC variety is godawful. Like wtf. I'm probably never gonna finish the campaign, just let me play online. 😩

Top Bottom