• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

nbraun80

Oh nice,i'll try that next.

Hard to get away from the Gorgon and it's 2 hit kills but DAMN I need my mobility

Both are pretty good. I've had the most success with the ICR. Feels a lot like the ACR from the modern warefare days, steady and consistant, put the quickdraw,high caliber, and long barrel on her and she's a dream.

nOoblet16

The DNI levels allow for some cool supernatural elements to be in place like freeze time, floating characters, special particle effects etc.

Oh nice,i'll try that next.

Hard to get away from the Gorgon and it's 2 hit kills but DAMN I need my mobility

I have been running the gorgon with with overkill. I'm leveling my vesper as the primary and the gorgon with no attachments as my secondary to control lanes. Switch to smg when entering rooms or someone rushes you Gorgon feels really dirty.

gorgon needs a nerf they need to add some recoil or drop the damage to 3 bullet kill.

RS4-

lol a-fucking-mazing.

First mission, right after the security room, on realistic you get popped in one shot. So what happens after you restart?

Yup, back in the room wasting a few mins doing shit you can't skip.

I really, really liked Advanced Warfare's campaign. Personally, it's my favorite since MW2. I'm extremely partial to the original Infinity Ward campaigns (with MW2 being their weakest and a dramatic shift in tone that was jarring for me), and Advanced Warfare came the closest to those of any of them, even if it was more MW3 than MW1.

I totally get why people love the Black Ops 1 and 2 campaigns, it's just not my style of CoD.

I have enjoyed every single COD campign from MW1,2, BOI, BOII, AW, but not Ghosts. Ghosts story, levels, action moments were boring dull and not just fun(even the breach sequences got tiring right from the very start in Ghosts).

In BOIII campaign, are there amazing set piece moments like the ones in the past BO games or even like last year's Advanced Warfare? Advanced Warfare's SP on current gen was a blast, filled with so many memorable set piece moments(Opening sequence+Car Chase across Golden Gate Bridge+Destroying a hover tank+stopping a rocket from launching+using cool gadgets to scale buildings/destroy the wings of a plane/latch on to a plane that's about to take off+Trying to get through freezing temperatures in a beautiful icy caves in Antartica+Jumping from one moving bus to another in the epic sequence in Nigeria etc)

thejpfin

What is everyone's favourite weapon / loadout so far then?

Man-O-War with grip, Quickdraw and ext mags. Super deadly at close range and OK at long range. Extended mags helps to get easy multikills.

Gonna unlock razorback soon. I hope treyarch didn't nerf it too badly. It was pretty amazing weapon in beta.

I...I don't know what's true anymore. I've never bought CoD on Playstation because I'm always partial to the Xbox One controller. This year, I swapped after much debated and...I love it. Could I actually like the PS4 controller better than the X1?!? What is this world coming to?

Agent

Redwood is a a fun map that looks good, but geez, it is all but impossible to shoot down any enemy air support. It seems to go downhill for the opposing team pretty quick if the other team gets items in the air first. Granted, the same thing happens on all maps, but at least you have a chance to see them to shoot them down.

Klyka

Banned
Nice! Dat Gorgon tho. It looked like HC for a second from how fast it was dropping people.

Gorgon is just crazy.
I wish I got those runs like in the video more often. That wa slike the...second time I got a run like that in 4 hours of MP XD

It's funny,I could run a much better KDR if i just stayed back more and picked people up and such but I just don't find that fun so I run on walls and jump around like a madman getting shot a lot :D

Roussow

Ending spoilers.

Wasn't that basically the end of Crysis 2? Super weird if you have a female avatar and she replies, "Taylor", not sure what to think of that.

coughlanio

Just finished this on PC. Ran decently on high settings, solid 60FPS 99.9% of the time on my 4670K@4GHz and GTX 970.

Quiet enjoyed it, I'd say the campaign is not as good as AW, but it feels like there's way more replayability.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
What are your favourite class setups guys? I need to find something that gives me a better K/D because I suck right now.

NYR

I really hope the nerf the number of points needed for score streaks. TDM matches go full time almost all the time and your team gets maybe 2 UAVs all game long.

5 kills are too many for a UAV and Ante Up needs to be one full kill worth of points.

Smokey

I...I don't know what's true anymore. I've never bought CoD on Playstation because I'm always partial to the Xbox One controller. This year, I swapped after much debated and...I love it. Could I actually like the PS4 controller better than the X1?!? What is this world coming to?

This is me lol. Ive got BLOPS III on both systems and i think i prefer the DS4 for this game. It's very weird for me to even say out loud.

Also has been determined how to get an open NAT in this game? I get moderate on both systems, and my ps4 is set in DMZ.

Xeilyn

Sent a request to join the PS4 community, need more members doe.

Been having alot of fun with this, i hated Ghosts and really disliked AW so im glad Treyarch saved the day

Just got gold camo on the XM-53:

Hd5kRpD.png

Gonna work on the BlackCell now. Aiming for that Diamond camo!

Sheiva is a beast!

The Argus has it's moments. I like it..especially when it works, lol. Quick clip of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Ar0dxhNDo

48 Dredge is pretty nice as well. 6 round auto burst LMG.

Definitely enjoying the fact that there are a few good weapons to choose from.

Ending spoilers.

Wasn't that basically the end of Crysis 2? Super weird if you have a female avatar and she replies, "Taylor", not sure what to think of that.

Yeah, it seems like Taylor has overwritten the AI, or somehow become the dominant personality or something, and is now controlling the Player character in the same way Corvus was controlling Taylor and Hendricks earlier in the story. Whether or not this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen, I suppose. And yes, it's almost exactly the same as the end of Crysis 2.

Rixxan

i ask again, what the hell is that green camo i see so many people with?

it looks so bad i thought it might have been a texture not loading, but it has a sheen to it

its the worst gun camo ive ever seen in a game

Calabi

The best thing about the campaign is it stars Ben Browder. It really is just generic corridor shooting I cant understand what the fuck I'm doing or why.

I'd be up for joining the PSN community, psn name, calabitale.

Top Bottom