• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

I was playing campaign last night and died. The checkpoint made it so I couldn't progress through the level. mission objective is through a door that would no longer open. I hate when that stuff isn't caught by testers.
You can't really say that it wasn't caught by testers, only that it wasn't fixed.

And yeah, ran into several bugs that required me to restart entire missions in the campaign because I couldn't progress, when the servers weren't kicking me out to the menu.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into my first aimbot, blatant chest lock. That was faster than I had hoped for :/

SeppOCE

Pump shotguns will become useless if they are not one shot in a low TTK game like COD. Take CS for example it has a higher TTK than COF but shotguns are one shot kill at CQC range there too.

A two hit kill is fine on a pump shotgun especially if it's like 85% damage considering how fast it pumps between shots. If the pump was slower then it'd be fine but right now it's pointless to use anything else on PC in CQC situations.

Big Brett

Any basic tips for being a bit better online? I'm having a blast but I am absolute dog shit. Still rank 4 after like 8 matches lol.

Im loving MP and Zombies so far. Campaign is a mixed bag though. The story doesnt really feel like a BLOPS storyline. Just feels out of place and doesnt really tell it well. I did enjoy playing it in coop though. Better with an extra person or two.im at Mission 5 so far on Hardened. So worth the money for all the stuff you have to do in it.

Toa TAK

Banned
I like the idea of the Nightmares campaign, but it feels like Treyarch wanted to do a full blown zombie campaign, but were limited by the budget or Activision and this was the compromise. It's pretty cool, though. You're limited to one weapon, and you get pickups a la regular zombie mode and the mystery box can be used a bunch. Plus, the zombie easter egg songs are in each level so long as you pick up the three collectibles (like the teddy bears unlocking "Lullaby for a Deadman" in the first level).

But yeah, glad they did a zombie campiagn, even if they lazily did voice-overs to put together some semblance of a narrative. Still waiting for that Original Four campaign with the same humor and charm before the Origins map in BOII.

Klyka

Banned
45D07C283ABB69478A656667CE4636CAD8BD09ED
5E19EE35815689D93B77E8A4F6A62D466E57F4C5

I think this is my greatest work yet

As someone who really enjoyed TitanFalls Gameplay with its wall running, and double jumping and fast Gameplay would I enjoy this. I haven't played a COD game since Modern Warfare 2.

I was big in to Titanfall and it was my favourite shooter since MW2. I've been playing Black Ops 3 and they're quite different. I'd say Black Ops is definitely a slower pace and the maps and gameplay isn't designed with verticality in mind. When I first started playing BO3 I found my self trying to thrust on to roofs and invisible walls blocked me, haha. I'd say BO3 is a lot more grounded and doesn't feel as chaotic without the mechs etc, but it can still get pretty crazy depending on the gametype.

As it stands I don't think BO3 is capturing the magic Titanfall gave me but I'm still having fun with it!

Why are maps not being locked out as voting options like in previous CoD games? I'm playing the same two maps several times in a row.

ViciousDS

Banned
My little brother just ran into an issue where he launched the game and now it's reinstalling all the game modes again. Anyone know a fix to this?

The audio mix in this game is garbage.

When someone starts using the war hammer and grenades are going off like crazy it feels like my speakers are going to pop, meanwhile, everything else is super low volume. Except maybe the Gorgon, you can hear that thing across the map.

besiktas1

Quick Q. Any way to change the face of my character in the campaign. He looks exactly like the other dude so getting them mixed up lol

Even as one of the biggest Zombies fans out there, I'm so put off from the main campaign I doubt I'll ever touch Nightmare mode.

Quick Q. Any way to change the face of my character in the campaign. He looks exactly like the other dude so getting them mixed up lol
In between missions when you're at your home base, go to the Outfit customization thing and you can change your characters face.

Warning though, all of the male character models look exactly like "Grizzled White Dude 201", so if you want to be able to distinctly differentiate, use a female character model. Helps a ton.

CHC

I really don't understand how CoD campaigns through the years have gotten so progressively worse to the point that they aren't even stories anymore. It's gotten braindead level of design at this point. Lack of flow from level to level and nothing but explosions with no real small break inbetween.

MW2 for better or worse was a bit of a mess but it still knew how to make it all flow in a fun way story wise.

Yeah it's ridiculous. They always start SOMEWHAT promising then just turn things up to 11 right away and never back down - and I don't mean this in a good way. There is no sense of variety anymore, especially since you've been able to customize weapons between missions, which basically leads to using the same gun for the entire game once you pick a favorite - as opposed to being given silenced guns, or explosive weaponry, or unique items like heartbeat sensor. Now you basically just grab an AR with a reflex scope and blast everything non-stop.

Levels aren't even really "designed" anymore in any sense of the word, it's just enemies from every angle, all the time. It's been a long time since we had memorable levels like the aerial command plane from Black Ops 1 or All Ghillied Up from Modern Warfare. Plus the characters are lame and have no personality. I guess a couple guys like Gideon from AW or Harper from BOII were OKAY, but they never went anywhere with them or did anything to make them even remotely believable.

The only mission I've like so far has been 2, where Meloni keeps popping in. It wasn't amazing, but it was a cool idea and had some interesting variety.

Victrix

*beard*

When someone starts using the war hammer and grenades are going off like crazy it feels like my speakers are going to pop, meanwhile, everything else is super low volume. Except maybe the Gorgon, you can hear that thing across the map.

Driving me crazy, I can't use my home theater unless I raise the volume to insane levels, otherwise I have to use headphones if I want to be able to hear people nearby.

Feels like they designed the entire audio setup wearing A50s and paid no attention to speakers. Mix is terrible.

Soooo for those of you that liked AW campaign you are also disliking this one? Or did those of you hating it hate AW too?

AW wasn't a great game by any means but I was entertained throughout my one playthrough... Was hoping I could get the same from BO3

Hated AW's after the hype wore off, really loved what they were going for in BO3 especially the player character but the execution nearly ruined it.
Still better than AW and enjoyed it more than Ghosts in general which I did like.

The fact that it likely won't get a direct sequel hurts it even further.

risnuff

Neo Member
Advanced Warfare was my first Call of Duty since CoD 2 all the way back in the PC only days. I enjoyed it, but the multiplayer in Black Ops 3 is far superior. I played the beta until they shut the servers down and the full game is just continuing the fun.

There's a lot of depth here. The sheer number of challenges to complete are mind boggling. I'll be doing what I can to plug away at the multiplayer and Zombies challenges, but I'll pass on the campaign. First two missions didn't do it for me. AW was definitely superior in that department.

I'd be interested in joining the PS4 community. My ID is ClassicSchmosby.

Final boss? Ahh see there ya go, people were making that mode out to be impossible
There are three levels that are worse than anything in World At War, died over 200 times each on those, lol

Seems the boss bugged though, mines were sent early the first time. Not a constant stream

Edit: Oh, penultimate level it seems. One final round of terror and then realistic mode will be done!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Prestige token is bugged on PC, it won't let me use it on anything higher than my current level. It works fine on PS4.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Have you tried the different presets?

Darak

There are three levels that are worse than anything in World At War, died over 200 times each on those, lol

Seems the boss bugged though, mines were sent early the first time. Not a constant stream

Edit: Oh, penultimate level it seems. One final round of terror and then realistic mode will be done!

The last level in realistic is by far the worse. I finally gave up after hundreds of deaths at certain building entrance, a fight against several boss robots in sequence with dozens of infinitely respawning shooting robots, infinitely respawning flying drones, no place to hide, and useless friendly AI. And when I finally beat them, dozens of shooting robots respawn from nowhere, and since I was in a bad position and the game saved a checkpoint, it means a full mission restart.

It is the hardest COD SP by far, but not in a good way. It is simply badly designed and barely tested, if at all. The number of cutscenes that drop you in a death trap so you are instantly dead in half a second is beyond belief.

Top Bottom