• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Calabi

It's crazy how good players are at this. I figured their might be at least a few noobs at the start. But nope everyone's super accurate and super alert and I'm bottom of the leader board. I guess ton's of practice is in order.

Another thing does this automatically save video's of all your match's.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Wait a second....the dart doesn't blow up after 3 seconds and fire missles? In the beta that thing blow up 4 seconds after throwing it

I think you were using it wrong lol

fozzy

The Pharo is my favourite smg so far. It absolutely shreds. Feel like I only need quick draw on it.

Every game has felt smooth and lag free. Don't think I've had a single wtf death so far.

Edit: I should also say I don't dislike any of the maps. Pretty much unheard of in a cod game for me.

It's crazy how good players are at this. I figured their might be at least a few noobs at the start. But nope everyone's super accurate and super alert and I'm bottom of the leader board. I guess ton's of practice is in order.

all the games are mostly the same these days so it's just a matter of learning the maps and any new controls.

Kolgar

Single- and multiplayer look great on X1. The image is a little softer than Ghosts and AW (which I played on PS4), but I think the visuals are a step up from those and I like the colorful palette.

Too bad split-screen multiplayer looks so bad. I couldn't believe it when I saw those big dark vertical bars on the sides of the screen. The play area is scrunched, making a jaggy mess of the graphics and rendering the type ("Zagnuts killed Dunbar") nearly unreadable.

I was feeling the buyer's remorse until I went back to the campaign.

Why'd they do that?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The part with the boat in mission 3.

7lZwLKc.jpg

Nokterian

I am just level 13 but i see people all ready at 50 or prestige 1 all ready i mean damn they have been playing this whole weekend and not stopping i just take my time but the disadvantage is no fun but i am having fun when i kill them though.

Xater

I really need some partners for zombies. The matchmaking for that is still so fucked. You either don't find games or you connect to matches with more than 4 players.

Klyka

Banned

They are not actually videos.

They are full on recordings of the entire match.
You can watch from everyone's perspective, fly around freely. pause,fast forward, rewind, slow mo. You can even watch parts of the match before you connected or after you disconnected.

It's basically the Halo Theater mode.

Also, whoever told me about the ICR: Thank you

Anyone having any issues getting the game to connect online at all? I'm on Xbox One and haven't gotten into the game, always says online connection is dead. Open Nat, hard reset, reinstalled game.

Any suggestions?

I keep bouncing some weapons but keep going back to Kuda. Its a really well rounded SMG. Was rolling Weevil for a bit but the Kuda feels really good. Despite it being a starter weapon its ace.

From a common supply drop:

jUnN3xX.png

Surprised at the amount of calling cards you can get. A TONNNNNNN.

That first one is from a set, apparently. Collect all 6 from that set, and you get a calling card as a bonus.

That Hero Taunt: "Only way you win is by not playing"

level1

The last level in realistic is by far the worse. I finally gave up after hundreds of deaths at certain building entrance, a fight against several boss robots in sequence with dozens of infinitely respawning shooting robots, infinitely respawning flying drones, no place to hide, and useless friendly AI. And when I finally beat them, dozens of shooting robots respawn from nowhere, and since I was in a bad position and the game saved a checkpoint, it means a full mission restart.

It is the hardest COD SP by far, but not in a good way. It is simply badly designed and barely tested, if at all. The number of cutscenes that drop you in a death trap so you are instantly dead in half a second is beyond belief.

I really wish devs would stop churning out these masochist difficulty levels just for shits and giggles with clearly zero playtesting, as this seems to be turning into an unhealthy trend. If a game isn't designed with realism as a core value (which call of duty clearly isn't), realistic difficulties just aren't going to cut without a complete redesign of game mechanics.

I don't even know why people put themselves through this shit.

Hesemonni

Banned
Campaign on veteran isn't too bad so far (@ mission 5 I think at the moment). Is it only realistic difficulty which is unfairly difficult?

RS4-

Campaign on veteran isn't too bad so far (@ mission 5 I think at the moment). Is it only realistic difficulty which is unfairly difficult?
I don't think unfair is the right word. Just really fucking dumb.

It's like trying to fight hackers.

Citadel

Gotta hand it to Treyarch... I have yet to play in a match that wasn't perfect (for me), latency-wise. Even my wireless connection has been near-perfect. Very impressed. It's helping me play better than I have ever done on a console CoD. Must be going 2.5:1 KDR each game. Not sure how good that is compared to most of you guys, but man, it's good enough for me.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got flamed for being a hacker because I'm prestige 1 lol, never change CoD. This happens every year.

AaronMT86

I have some basic questions. I haven't played CoD multi in a long-time - since MW2. Should I be running silencers on all my weapons? Is there a point towards running assault rifles? I've been playing Kill Confirmed and Domination all afternoon and its completely dominated by SMG's. As far as I can tell, there is little to no point in choosing a weapon with range with slower fire-rate. The faster SMG's seem to be dominating.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh man. This is my first CoD since MW 1 and probably my last. Not that the game is bad, it's me! I AM TERRIBLE.
I have no chance in multiplayer, like zero chance. It's just too fast for me. I regularly get among the Top 3 in Battlefield 4 but I'm just getting destroyed here. I'm old and this game makes me feel old.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was accused of using an aimbot on PS4 a few rounds ago.

Between your hacking and my aimbot, we're really pissing people off lol.

Throw in some OP shotgun action and we may kill some people from rage.

I admit defeat to this series. It's gotten way too fast for me gameplay-wise and I can't keep up.

Seriously. I'm level 19 I think and I'm finally getting back into it. I just had to slow myself down like I was playing MW2. I bought this because I was doing so bad at Halo 5 but I'm bad at this too. I think I've been away from the online FPS game for too long!

This final level is a real piece of work.

The last level in realistic is by far the worse. I finally gave up after hundreds of deaths at certain building entrance, a fight against several boss robots in sequence with dozens of infinitely respawning shooting robots, infinitely respawning flying drones, no place to hide, and useless friendly AI. And when I finally beat them, dozens of shooting robots respawn from nowhere, and since I was in a bad position and the game saved a checkpoint, it means a full mission restart.

It is the hardest COD SP by far, but not in a good way. It is simply badly designed and barely tested, if at all. The number of cutscenes that drop you in a death trap so you are instantly dead in half a second is beyond belief.
Yeah, that's where I am now. I'm just finding it impossible to get to the door to hack in. I mean, there are dozens of robots that just keep spawning in again and again ;-; First time I'm just at a complete loss as to how to proceed.

Worst thing is the spawns are random so half the time I can try to run up to entrance but the other half of the time 5 robots spawn in by the door I'm checkpointed at, killing me instantly.

Also can't melee robots that rush me anymore because they blow up and instantly kill me >_>

The scythe seems to be hot garbage I tell you what. Dying before being able to shoot someone with that, then losing it is really harsh.

I tried the multiplayer and I got shot the hell up everytime I came across someone unless I got the drop on them (which wasn't frequent at all). Games with low TTK and no recoil are hell on PC maaan I need a playlist where everyone plays with X360 gamepads so I can shoot them up with my Steam controller. I'm glad the campaign is fun or else I would feel like I wasted my money.

ShinMaruku

Getting my ass rolled. WHat are some good things to get mah skills up to snuff aside form oodles of games which I am in the process of going through.

Throw in some OP shotgun action and we may kill some people from rage.

I don't know what it is about Shotguns but people REALLY hate them. That's one reason why I enjoy using it, lol.

Might start using just my fists or a knife just to see how they react.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I tried the multiplayer and I got shot the hell up everytime I came across someone unless I got the drop on them (which wasn't frequent at all). Games with low TTK and no recoil are hell on PC maaan I need a playlist where everyone plays with X360 gamepads so I can shoot them up with my Steam controller. I'm glad the campaign is fun or else I would feel like I wasted my money.

Another reason I bought this on console. I don't think I could handle the movements with a keyboard, and resorting to a controller would ensure my ass getting torn up.

This is probably the one franchise I'm going to have to buy on consoles, unless they go old school and drop the parkouring/jump packs.

Yeah, that's where I am now. I'm just finding it impossible to get to the door to hack in. I mean, there are dozens of robots that just keep spawning in again and again ;-; First time I'm just at a complete loss as to how to proceed.

Worst thing is the spawns are random so half the time I can try to run up to entrance but the other half of the time 5 robots spawn in by the door I'm checkpointed at, killing me instantly.

Also can't melee robots that rush me anymore because they blow up and instantly kill me >_>
I think it's a glitch. After dying for 10 times or so I decided to restart.

Lo and behold, no more infinite spawning.

Love how even with 3 different teams none of them give a damn about spawns anymore because they know dumbasses like me will buy it every year regardless.

On domination when you have A+B you have a serious problem if you are spawning on C. LOL.

Can someone on PC join and help me get past this checkpoint? Final level so spoilers and all that.

I don't even care about beating it solo anymore, this is literally impossible to do without other people. Spawns are too fast and all of the safe rooms have revolving enemies chambers that random spawn even more enemies, lol

I restarted and got to the same point and the infinite spawns remain.

I miss smoke grenades from the older games, emp is literally useless and seems to do nothing against any of these enemies.

is there a zombie mode with just the normal weapons/loadouts. Or are they two different things?

There's regular round based zombies, which is what I'm talking about. Then there is Nightmare mode, which I'm pretty sure uses normal weapons and loadouts, you unlock that by beating the campaign. I think its just the campaign with zombies as enemies instead of grunts with guns.

I miss smoke grenades from the older games, emp is literally useless and seems to do nothing against any of these enemies.
I'e never noticed my tactical grenades doing a damn thing in campaign. Flashbangs with neither a flash nor a bang, and EMPs that don't seem to work on anything but me if I'm in range.

Why isn't there a straight team deathmatch moshpit? Playing against parties and clans is ruining any enjoyment I can have with the game.

I also tried a couple matches of Zombies, and holy hell I have no idea whats going on. Is there actually a ending to the mode? Or you just go until you die?

sTiTcH AU

My brother and I made it through after 100 deaths. Sprint up left hand side and through your secondary grenades out to stun and run at the panel and pray you both make it through. You can't stop because the enemies spawn faster than you can kill them.

I know I posted earlier about the Pharo, but this gun is so damn good.

I have a feeling it will get nerfed alongside the Gorgon, but I'm gonna enjoy them as much as I can.

Top Bottom