• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

M.W.

After playing the game since Tuesday, I only like one map. One. I'm also not a big fan of kill confirmed. I guess I'll just stick to objective based gametypes.

ilnadmy said:
I 100% agree with you there. Until I unlocked the Type 95 I was getting faceraped constantly. For whatever reason I just don't do well with any of the other assault rifles in the game.

I don't agree at all... I think people who have never played a CoD game may be at a disadvantage, but in my opinion the unlocks (whether they are perks, weapons or equipment) don't make good players better. They just make bad players stand out more.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Magik said:
Has anybody experienced this bizarre lag where the game just locks up for half a second? Its been happening a lot lately and its really annoying.

Noticed this a lot today but only during game play which makes it worse. I wouldn't mind if it was only in the menus.

Zabka

Marcellus Wallace said:
After playing the game since Tuesday, I only like one map. One. I'm also not a big fan of kill confirmed. I guess I'll just stick to objective based gametypes.
I was pretty set on buying Elite with this game since I got a whole bunch of free points, but if the DLC maps are anything like these then I really don't want them.

Shady859

Baller said:
How to activate my double XP for getting Elite? (360)

It should just appear one day. Go to barracks and it'll have lil gold XP by your emblem and amount of time remaining listed under your playtime.

You can also tell if you've been credited as Elite yet by checking to see it the Emblem and Picture have been unlocked yet. I got my pics last night with XP and I entered my code before I started playing around 1am after release.

As for guns add me to the Type 95 list, that gun is amazing double tap the trigger and move along. I had been trying to gold the SCAR but after finding a red dotted 95 with a heartbeat sensor I fell in love and am now closer to golding it than the SCAR, both level 30's. I know what my next prestige token is being spent on. I'm keeping this thing forever! lol

Prologue

Feel like its hard to be consistent in this game for whatever reason.Why is that? In other fps, say halo, you usually do about the same every game. "Bad" games come around more often in the cod series, at least for me.

Also the AC-130 sounded a lot better in MW2. Shouldn't have changed it.

sleepykyo

Prologue said:
Feel like its hard to be consistent in this game for whatever reason.Why is that? In other fps, say halo, you usually do about the same every game. "Bad" games come around more often in the cod series, at least for me.

Because the game is more connection dependent? In Halo a lot of is the right weapon for the situation and you can still win or retreat from an encounter despite getting hit first. With COD's damage and health, you're already dead if you come across someone with a better connection to the host.

And COD has lot more of that team momentum factor. It's hard to do well if you join a game where the opposing team already has the advanced UAV going with gunships in the area and everything else piling on.

Mark my words, Kill Confirmed will eventually become a grenade launcher campfest.

Which grenade launcher and build would you suggest? My W/L and K/D are horrendous at the moment so I'll take whatever non-glitch cheapness I can.

Kyoufu

ilnadmy said:
I generally stick to the edges of a map and work my way around. That doesn't work here? Stick to one side?

The map is an oval shape, so go clockwise/counter-clockwise, either way you will be able to flank quite easily. Going to the middle will get you killed.

Zabka

I can see why people thought the damage was high when it first came out. If you don't watch the killcams you don't see the vast difference between what the server sees and what you see. Even in a 4 bar match it plays like there's 200 ms of lag.

I really wish they didn't put Kill Confirmed in the Mercenary TDM playlist. It's an awful gametype.

Ovid

ilnadmy said:
I generally stick to the edges of a map and work my way around. That doesn't work here? Stick to one side?
Yes, me too. I'm always getting shot in the damn back in this game.

MDavis360 said:
Grenades ARE crap in MW3.
Yup. Grenades and Semtex have been nerfed badly. Its a damn shame. I used to get a lot of kills by tossing grenades / Semtex in high traffic spots but in mw3 anything outside of a semtex stick will get you hit markers. :'(

Edit : be better? That is already conceding that they have, indeed, been nerfed. And it's not about being better... its about iw taking something that wasn't broken and tweaking it for no good reason. I never heard one complaint about frags/semtex being OP, yet all the people I play with have the same complaint that I do...

MDavis360 said:
I've found the grenades are only for Recon.
That's probably why they nerfed them now that I think about it. They had to have a way to make recon useful, and they did so by ruining frags and semtex.

And to that video above... I wonder how many semtexes/nades you've tossed that didn't get kills. I'd easily bet that you have gotten less kills with explosive equipment in this game than past call of duty titles.

Nori Chan

I raged so hard at this game.

It's so fucking retarded how someone can get shot by two bursts of an m16 turn around take a good 6 steps and knife you. I fucking hate this game so much sometimes. It literally will take off at least 2 years of my life on how fucking stupid this game is.

All the stuff people talked about the knife being toned down was obviously full of shit. Panic knifing is still 100% a thing and I've even seen a couple crazy lunges.

kuYuri

Noriega said:
I raged so hard at this game.

It's so fucking retarded how someone can get shot by two bursts of an m16 turn around take a good 6 steps and knife you. I fucking hate this game so much sometimes. It literally will take off at least 2 years of my life on how fucking stupid this game is.

u mad bro?

I feel you, we all go through it at some point.

AnEternalEnigma said:
All the stuff people talked about the knife being toned down was obviously full of shit. Panic knifing is still 100% a thing and I've even seen a couple crazy lunges.

It's sort of like the knife in Black ops after it was patched but more consistent. What I mean is
you still get knifed from crazy ranges, but the knife doesn't even have to connect with your body apparently :/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just went back and played some COD4. Seriously, why haven't they been able to top a 4 year-old game yet? This game is still fun as hell, has amazingly designed maps, and is wonderfully balanced. Ever since I got MW3 I've just been raging every other game for one reason or another (mainly map design and lag). I'm seriously considering buying Black Ops again and just sticking to that and COD4.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RJNavarrete said:
That's probably why they nerfed them now that I think about it. They had to have a way to make recon useful, and they did so by ruining frags and semtex.

And to that video above... I wonder how many semtexes/nades you've tossed that didn't get kills. I'd easily bet that you have gotten less kills with explosive equipment in this game than past call of duty titles.

That doesn't inherently make them suck, at all.

ilnadmy said:
Just went back and played some COD4. Seriously, why haven't they been able to top a 4 year-old game yet? This game is still fun as hell, has amazingly designed maps, and is wonderfully balanced. Ever since I got MW3 I've just been raging every other game for one reason or another (mainly map design and lag). I'm seriously considering buying Black Ops again and just sticking to that and COD4.
Not a bad choice, 4 and BO are the best COD games no contest, I'm considering going back to BO as well, the maps and spawns in this are abysmal.

SmokeMaxX

Here's why low level players are at such a disadvantage in this game:

1) You don't get Assassin until like lvl 27. For 26 levels, you're absolutely screwed when every player on the opposite team can get UAVs constantly without ever getting a killstreak. Cap a point with hardline and then they need ONE kill to get a UAV in domination with Assault package. Cap points and have 0 kills and get UAVs via Support Package. The only thing you can do is hope that you're not about to get shot in the back (which is amplified due to the horrible revenge spawning). If you're even close to the enemy, you're screwed because... Assassin counters UAV, Advanced UAV, and heartbeat and it's not even unlocked until lvl 27? Ridiculous.

2) You make noise even if you crouch walk. This is beyond stupid. If I aim and crouch walk, somebody will still EASILY hear me moving around. You cannot play smart Search & Destroy in this game without Dead Silence and they decided to make that like a lvl 55 unlock.

3) You don't get a good launcher until you're like lvl 20 either (maybe 30-40 for Stinger? I forgot). I'm not even going to mention the fact that every level has high buildings/structures just to have them which obscures air support from being shot down.

The game's pretty fun, but a lot of things need tweaking.

Top Bottom