• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

cameltoe

Connection was solid tonight. Went 49-6 then 40-0 in kill confirmed. Averaged 7.76 over last 10 games

16743b5b.jpg

5e792c2d.jpg

Love this game when my connection is stable.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm so excited for the new maps this week. I haven't played much in a month or two, and it's exactly what I needed. I played three games recently and averaged a 2.5 after not playing for a bit. Hopefully the map pack is $15 again, since $20 for this would be ridic.

MechDX

Are you guys getting excited for the maps the Elite users already have? If so, I hate to break it to you but they are not very good.

Are you guys getting excited for the maps the Elite users already have? If so, I hate to break it to you but they are not very good.

They are good maps they just have really shitty spawn logic.

If liberation had good spawn logic it would be a great long range map.

kuYuri

I like everyone of them so far, so I disagree. As mentioned, the only real annoying thing is some bad spawns on Liberation.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I have Elite but I'll be excited when the new maps go public because the Elite playlists suuuuuuuuck. Not enough people in them and having Domination paired with TDM is just lame.

eek5

The new maps are great imo other than blackbox being a bit campy and liberation having terrible spawns

Overwatch and Piazza are probably in my top 5 maps for MW3

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think I'll like Black Box. There appear to be plenty of long sight line. But also plenty of hiding spots for when my connection sucks and the only way I can kill anyone is by shooting them in the back.

Thanx for the vids Tetra.

Downloaded the maps. Playing right now.

Black Box is probably my favorite. I dont want to get ahead of myself but currently, it may be the best map in the game IMO.

I hate sniping but black box/liberation make me want to learn.

Liberation's spawns do suck lol.

On the website it shows this for the size on the collection.

Release date: 3/20/2012
Size: 108 KB

Surely that can't be the actual size.

Nah, just downloaded Piazza which was ca 75 MB and now I'm downloading Black Ice which is 135 MB. And get ready to wait if your downloads are as slow as mine, I'm getting like 500 kb/s at max even though I have a 40Mb connection. Fucking hell, this is going to take an hour to download everything...

DMeisterJ

Banned
They've gotta randomize the gametypes in the DLC playlists. I mean, you get one Team Deathmatch for every six or seven KC or Dom.

edit:

I like all the maps, Dom on Black Box is camp-y, but that's Dom on any map. Team Deathmatch on any of the maps is pretty good, and Black Box is my favorite out of the DLC.

They aren't screwing any one over Microsoft payed to have dlc exclusive for 30 days. The DLC comes out a month later on ps3 just like it always has. I'm not sure about PC but didn't the guys on PC get the maps around the same time as ps3 players for previous COD titles? Anyways your not missing much dudes are already getting under the map in black box.

kuYuri

Yayyyy, finally did Smacktown by myself on Veteran and got all 48 stars. Now I just need to beat Black Ice on Veteran and get all achievements again until next batch of Spec Ops missions.

They aren't screwing any one over Microsoft payed to have dlc exclusive for 30 days. The DLC comes out a month later on ps3 just like it always has. I'm not sure about PC but didn't the guys on PC get the maps around the same time as ps3 players for previous COD titles? Anyways your not missing much dudes are already getting under the map in black box.

If you honestly think that deal doesn't screw over PS3 and PC players, you're delusional. It's a really shitty deal, and this is coming from someone who primarily plays on the 360.

My friend plays MW3 on the PS3 (with Elite) and he is extremely frustrated. Non-Elite 360 players now have access to all four maps. He doesn't even have Overwatch yet.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wish they'd just stop stringing it out. Just gives us this shit in packs in a timely manner. Getting it early is worthless when half your friends don't have Elite, the playlists are practically a ghost town, and the actual playlists are shit.

I wish they'd just stop stringing it out. Just gives us this shit in packs in a timely manner. Getting it early is worthless when half your friends don't have Elite, the playlists are practically a ghost town, and the actual playlists are shit.

Couldnt agree more. Elite is worthless.

A few things from Robert Bowling:

-Double XP stacks during Double XP weekend.
-New maps will be put into Drop Zone (and I assume Infected) in the next title update.
-Turning on Double XP for everyone on Modern Warfare 3 this weekend! All platforms and playlists included
-There's a glitch in Black Box that allows you to get under the map. Fix already in the works, out by Friday. Don't exploit, we'll be banning

Unfortunately I'm away most of Saturday/Sunday but these take effect on Friday and usually go until Monday AM?

Yup, that's how it's been.

If you honestly think that deal doesn't screw over PS3 and PC players, you're delusional. It's a really shitty deal, and this is coming from someone who primarily plays on the 360.

My friend plays MW3 on the PS3 (with Elite) and he is extremely frustrated. Non-Elite 360 players now have access to all four maps. He doesn't even have Overwatch yet.

I'm sure SONY had a chance to pay for exclusive DLC and decided not to. I feel bad for pc and ps3 players but its widely known M$ has exclusive rights to early DLC. No one is forcing people to play on other platforms. I own cod on xbox because I get the content first. I understand what you're saying but this is not new Microsoft has had exclusive dlc for a while now. I do apologize if I sounded harsh

kuYuri

Whatever your feelings are about Elite and how content is handed out, if anyone did their research, they knew what was coming.

1. We knew in advance that content would be delivered in pieces rather than all at once.
2. We knew Microsoft had the one month exclusivity since at least MW2.

For me, Elite has been worth it, but I also got it for $20 rather than the normal $50 by itself or normal $40 in the Hardened Edition. If I had to pay the normal price, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But this is after I've done my research and made an informed decision.

smik

Can someone kindly from PC Gaf please answer this question i have

Are there any 3rd Person rooms open in the server browser or any Online playlist?

if so how many? are they played in alot of different modes under custom settings

:)

LowParry

Anyone else having a hard time connect to MW3 servers? I'm on the 360 and every time I try to connect o play MP, it lags on "connecting to Xbox Live" then prompts out about the servers being down. I can play everything else online. Mehhhh.

eek5

But he's still free to ruin the game for other players.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it comes with a ban from MW3 online as well. From what I've read, it sounds like you need a JTAG box to even do this "glitch" so it's possible he got a console ban too.

MechDX

Anyone else having a hard time connect to MW3 servers? I'm on the 360 and every time I try to connect o play MP, it lags on "connecting to Xbox Live" then prompts out about the servers being down. I can play everything else online. Mehhhh.

Having the same issue now.

eek5

Wow. So new map pack released to general publlic + double XP weekend + 20 million copies sold = "We swear we didnt know this wpuld happen!"

To be fair, server uptime has been pretty good since launch outside of the 12AM PST leaderboard freeze thing.

I've bought games where I couldn't even play online for the first week at all and games where it was spotty for the entire first month...

Top Bottom