• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

demolitio

I love it when the DLC takes so long to get to PC that my friend (me too sorta) is tired of the game before it even gets here just because he sees the new maps at his work, friends, and on the internet while we replay the same few maps over and over again.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't out already on consoles but knowing others are playing them while the people on PC who have been playing COD since day 1 of COD 1 are twiddling our thumbs and dealing with hackers instead.

Black Ops 2 announcement will be shown on 360 and PS3 first with no access to the trailers on PC except for shaky cam videos on YT. Just kidding, Treyarch at least acknowledges the PC community and gives us real dedicated servers. I'm not into the whole master race thing, but this is the type of stuff that piss that crowd off and it's starting to annoy me on big games.

So is it just me or is Overwatch an extremely confusing map?

Overwatch (and to some degree Black Box) are very confusing maps thanks to the numerous paths available including a lot of interesting vertical-ness

Still, I prefer big s confusing map that has potential for good spawns (once they fix it) as opposed to shit like Dome where there is no confusion but a lot of spawn kills.

eek5

Sorry, I was in Chicago.

Not really your fault anyway. They've been sneaking them in with little notice. I checked the page wed/thu and didn't see any clan operations listed and there are no weekend operations listed right now. It might've been one of those "test" operations they mistakenly push out from time to time or something.

There's been some hacks flying around recently, even including a complete derank to lvl 1 when you shoot someone. Not sure if this one made it to public search but it was out there. There's just been a TU but there are no release notes, hopefully it will address these problems.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Good stuff. Loved the wager matches in Black Ops and I'm happy they're returning to public playlists now.

I hope they expand on Wager Matches in "Black Ops 2" or whatever it will be called, I kinda hope they get some sort of Infected like mode in there too, it is good fun with friends.

after going back and playing mw2 for a while, I am really blown away by how bad the spawns are in mw3. it's amazing how many times people spawn directly behind you

My friend and I tried to play Sabotage last night on PSN, its turned into nothing but a boosting fest. Two games in a row we joined both on Dome and each member of the other team were sitting in the respwan spots and just killing everyone as they joined the game or respawned. one guy was 72-2. :-/ and of course everyone on the other team was prestige 15.

EDIT: I saved one of the replays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKxn...DvjVQa1PpcFPUF7jXwGhMMADFo4KcvwQiy_FnL0u1_4I=

MechDX

after going back and playing mw2 for a while, I am really blown away by how bad the spawns are in mw3. it's amazing how many times people spawn directly behind you

Last night was REALLY bad. Spawn in...sniped.Spawn in...sniped.Spawn in...sniped.Spawn in...sniped......etc..etc..

Im going to put this game away for a long while.

eek5

My friend and I tried to play Sabotage last night on PSN, its turned into nothing but a boosting fest. Two games in a row we joined both on Dome and each member of the other team were sitting in the respwan spots and just killing everyone as they joined the game or respawned. one guy was 72-2. :-/ and of course everyone on the other team was prestige 15.

EDIT: I saved one of the replays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKxn...DvjVQa1PpcFPUF7jXwGhMMADFo4KcvwQiy_FnL0u1_4I=

send it to bancandy on reddit

she resets all their stats and gives them a 48hr ban lol

edit: nevermind. I watched the video and I am not sure if that is really boosting/cheating

Nizz

For me this is a big problem. I came into this game pretty late (February) so I'll admit not being familiar with the maps was going to be trouble. But spawns are bad. Last night a player I took out spawned literally right by me and took me out. Also with these maps, I feel like I'm constantly getting shot in the back.

I'd love to vent a little. I'm having a rough time with this game. Some of it's on me for hopping in late. But a lot of stuff about this game is getting to me. The spawns are one thing. Other times is me getting killed by someone when I barely saw them, yet watching the killcam I was in full view to them for at least a second and a half. In a game like this where every second counts that's bad.

I was playing on the map Village last night. I was coming up over a hill when I just began seeing the head of an enemy player and immediately being killed. Yet on his killcam he saw me completely and had time to go iron sights and take me out. With these maps imo, you're constantly in someones line of sight. I'll be creeping through a room, check to make sure no one's in it. But then I'm in someone's peripheral view from somewhere outside and boom. I'm left wondering where the hell I was shot from.

I know they took Commando out but I swear there are times where someone lunges at me with a melee attack and it looks similar to Commando. Maybe it's that attachment for handguns for faster melee?

Also, lobbies are sometimes lopsided regarding ranks. A couple of times yesterday I remember the opposite team being from second prestige on while the team I'm on I was the only prestiged player (first prestige) and the rest where non prestiged players who's highest rank was in the low 70s. Of course we proceed to get steamrolled, with the sky full of air support and me being the only one trying to take stuff down.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer with the complaints but that's how I'm feeling about this game. I'm probably getting too old to roll with these games. Maybe COD games just aren't for me anymore. Or maybe I just need to take a little break.

MechDX

For me this is a big problem. I came into this game pretty late (February) so I'll admit not being familiar with the maps was going to be trouble. But spawns are bad. Last night a player I took out spawned literally right by me and took me out. Also with these maps, I feel like I'm constantly getting shot in the back.

I'd love to vent a little. I'm having a rough time with this game. Some of it's on me for hopping in late. But a lot of stuff about this game is getting to me. The spawns are one thing. Other times is me getting killed by someone when I barely saw them, yet watching the killcam I was in full view to them for at least a second and a half. In a game like this where every second counts that's bad.

I was playing on the map Village last night. I was coming up over a hill when I just began seeing the head of an enemy player and immediately being killed. Yet on his killcam he saw me completely and had time to go iron sights and take me out. With these maps imo, you're constantly in someones line of sight. I'll be creeping through a room, check to make sure no one's in it. But then I'm in someone's peripheral view from somewhere outside and boom. I'm left wondering where the hell I was shot from.

I know they took Commando out but I swear there are times where someone lunges at me with a melee attack and it looks similar to Commando. Maybe it's that attachment for handguns for faster melee?

Also, lobbies are sometimes lopsided regarding ranks. A couple of times yesterday I remember the opposite team being from second prestige on while the team I'm on I was the only prestiged player (first prestige) and the rest where non prestiged players who's highest rank was in the low 70s. Of course we proceed to get steamrolled, with the sky full of air support and me being the only one trying to take stuff down.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer with the complaints but that's how I'm feeling about this game. I'm probably getting too old to roll with these games. Maybe COD games just aren't for me anymore. Or maybe I just need to take a little break.

Are you me??

Nizz

Are you me??
I'm not alone! :) MW3 ended up taking some bad stuff from MW2 out (Commando, OMA) but other things I mentioned before are getting to me.

I try to not run out in wide open spaces but it seems like I'm always in someone's view. A room can have like three openings, you peek in and see it's seemingly safe. As you go through one door and just round a corner someone else was just rounding another door just out of your peripheral view but they saw you and boom: you're dead.

The spawns really are the worst they've ever been, at least to me.

eek5

Some of the stuff you're complaining about will be resolved in time. I think a lot of it comes down to map awareness. Yeah, the spawns can get bad but if you play TDM they also become very predictable once you play enough.

As for knifing, it is probably the worst it has ever been in the series. WaW and Blops really nailed knifing imo. The range was short and predictable. In MW3 the knife is completely unreliable and a lot of it is due to latency issues. When people lunge at you from really far away, it's usually a latency issue somewhere down the chain.

As far as matchmaking goes, rank doesn't mean much. Usually when teams are stacked though, it's a bunch of randoms going against a party. The only ways to avoid this is to either play with a group of people or match into mercenary.

Some of the stuff you're complaining about will be resolved in time. I think a lot of it comes down to map awareness. Yeah, the spawns can get bad but if you play TDM they also become very predictable once you play enough.
have they said they're going to work on the spawn system? or the netcode?

It seems to me that this game has died far quicker than pevious cods if you go by the concurrent users online. I think it's a combination of the spawns, maps and too high bullet damage. Even in free-for-all where you can be spawned anywhere on the map the game often spawns up to 3 people in the exact same spot. It's a shame they'd rather add 5 prestige levels than fix this or remove abominations like dead man's hand/final stand. I think this could finally be the turning point for the franchise and the team at Treyarch have a hefty task in front of them.

hamchan

It's because this game sucks compared to previous entries yes. Treyarch should be fine as long as they build on Black Ops and take a few of the positive changes from MW3. If the leaked BLOPS2 MP list is true then it should be a great game.

kuYuri

It's gotten more competition lately and even then, it's still beating the competition in concurrent players. I hear even Gears 3 has significantly dropped.

But right now on XBL, this game is over 400K and with regular playlist updates and DLC being released, it ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Oh for sure it still slaughters the competition in terms of users, I think I remember BLOPS still being in the 600-700k range at this point in time though. Then again BLOPS still has almost 200K at peak time so maybe it's just a case of the userbase being more fractured across the CODs.

kuYuri

Two new maps tomorrow for Elite premium members, Foundation and Sanctuary.

Only pic of Sanctuary:

klsaL.jpg

kuYuri

After looking at the content calendar again, there are these:

Y2rv4.jpg

Elite Drop 7: Sanctuary

Suspended in the air one thousand feet up, you'll battle more than altitude in the towering sandstone monasteries of Central Greece. Formed over millions of years, this sanctuary's natural rock pillars have repelled invading armies and withstood the ravages of time but now they'll face your deployment. Test your skills—and the ancient monks' craftsmanship—with your arsenal of SMG's, assault rifles and shotguns. Just remember: don't look down.

d5hUd.jpg

Elite Drop 8: Foundation

Journey into the heart of South Korea for a decommissioned concrete factory where the cement flows and bullets fly. After decades of constructing roads and buildings, the towering facility is now a perfectly-constructed combat zone for sniping and run-and-gun rules of engagement. Don't stand in awe of the towering concrete crusher at the center of the factory unless you want to see your kill ratio meet the same fate.

Has the PC version gotten any love yet? My video card died 3 weeks ago and I'm STILL waiting on XFX to send the RMA back. I have the ps3 version but I fing hate the duel shock for fps. I'm thinking of getting it on 360 if the pc version doesn't get some love soon.

kuYuri

Has the PC version gotten any love yet? My video card died 3 weeks ago and I'm STILL waiting on XFX to send the RMA back. I have the ps3 version but I fing hate the duel shock for fps. I'm thinking of getting it on 360 if the pc version doesn't get some love soon.

My guess is that PC will get Content 1 DLC (all DLC up to now) sometime this month along with PS3 version. PS3 Elite are only just getting drops 4, 5, and 6 this thursday, so Content 1 should be either next week or the week after.

Top Bottom