• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Booted this up on Steam randomly today. Had a blast for a hour or two and noticed the DLC was on sale. Well...now I own both of them
KuGsj.gif

Meier

Booted this up on Steam randomly today. Had a blast for a hour or two and noticed the DLC was on sale. Well...now I own both of them
KuGsj.gif

Haha, I'm tempted to do the same!

Which collection is considered the best? I'll probably just buy 1 of them so I'd like to get the one that most people prefer.

Haha, I'm tempted to do the same!

Which collection is considered the best? I'll probably just buy 1 of them so I'd like to get the one that most people prefer.

I'm a Collection One fan here! Didn't like Collection Two as much, but that's my opinion. REALLY enjoyed One though.

I'll probably maybe join you tomorrow rangers.

Halo CE is making me rage hard with legendary achievements -_-

Well i'll probably maybe be online continuing to enjoy the double xp. I prestiged in 2 IRL days last prestige and i just did levels 1-50 in one day and hoping to do 50-80 tomorrow i guess if i play a lot or finish the prestige by sunday. Playing with a party is always a much more enjoyable experience. It's been a decent amount of time since we've played too haha.

SeanR1221

I don't know why I'm so terrible at this game.

I was ok at Black Ops, but instantly sucked at MW3. I moved to BF3 because I was doing a lot better in it.

Decided to boot this up the other day and try the map packs I've neglected (I'm an elite member). Went 4-21 one round. Embarrassing. All that happens is I get shot in the back.

popeutlal

I was ok at Black Ops, but instantly sucked at MW3. I moved to BF3 because I was doing a lot better in it.

Decided to boot this up the other day and try the map packs I've neglected (I'm an elite member). Went 4-21 one round. Embarrassing. All that happens is I get shot in the back.
Make sure to use a silenced weapon and Assassin perk, that will make it harder for enemies to find you. Never go in the middle of a map, maps in COD games usually have three ways to get to the other side, a left - middle and a right way, most of the action should be in the center...just stay on the edges and pick people off with a long range weapon.

Best option for you will be the ACR.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up MW3 multiplayer again today after a multi-month break, and I have to say most of my lag issues from a few months ago are nonexistent. What surprised me though is how fun the Face-Off maps are.

I've never been a big fan of the huge MW3 maps since you can get gangbanged from seven different directions at once, but Face-Off solves that problem very elegantly by limiting it to 3v3 and smaller maps. I played on Intersection and Vortex and I must say I enjoyed myself quite a bit.

SeanR1221 said:

Since you're an Elite member, try the Face-Off maps. They're smaller, it's only 3v3 so you're less likely to get bumrushed from behind, and the matches inevitably turn into more of a tug of war between the two sides than a clusterfuck.

I keep popping this game in to see if it's playable, and I have pretty much never managed to get consistently good connections. Is this still an issue for everyone, or have they fixed it mostly and I'm just left out now?

Nothing else gives me as many wtf moments as this game. Sometimes I want a dose of COD but I quit after the first match in frustration every time. Even when I do lousy in Blops or BF3 or something, I never feel as cheated as even when I do ok in this.

Also, is the framerate jittery on PC for anyone else? Picked it up off the amazon sale since I've been shifting to PC more. I can easily lock 60 but even at 60 it isn't smooth at all in multi-player. Single player is perfectly fine, I'm running on a gtx670 and an i52500k so there really shouldn't be an issue. Help?

JackEtc

So guys, after a long time of being away from Call of Duty (played a LOT of MW2, only a little Black Ops) and a long time with BF3, I picked up MW3 used today out of nowhere just because I was curious about how the multiplayer was.

I didn't follow any pre or post release info about the game, so I don't really know anything about how the MP works or has changed. Any Pro Tips or anything I should know going in? Any goto weapons for each class, broken items, etc? Thanks.

hamchan

This really is the most frustrating CoD. I can't tell if I'm actually good at the game or not with how inconsistent my results are. Some days it's 5 kills to 1 death, others it's the other way around.

Finally...

tqyB0.jpg

Congratulations... I wonder how many decoys you felt for while going for this.

I gave up on it when they added more than 10 prestiges because the challenge resets every prestige lol. In my career, counting all my prestiges, i'm nowhere near 200 anyway.

Kujo

Congratulations... I wonder how many decoys you felt for while going for this.
Half way through I switched from Sitrep (you can see decoys with that) to Stalker, so there was a huge guessing game going on for a while. Usually you can sense when a package is real or not, but sometimes you get it wrong lol

I only prestiged a couple of times, I focus on doing challenges now

Nori Chan

Half way through I switched from Sitrep (you can see decoys with that) to Stalker, so there was a huge guessing game going on for a while. Usually you can sense when a package is real or not, but sometimes you get it wrong lol

I only prestiged a couple of times, I focus on doing challenges now

Wait what's that challenge? Taking care packages?

haikira

Getting very tempted, by the amazon sale for MW3. But just wanted to check first. Is there any way to increase the FoV? I remember trying it out for half an hour, during one of the free weekend promotions and finding it a little too low, for my tastes.

Xux

So guys, after a long time of being away from Call of Duty (played a LOT of MW2, only a little Black Ops) and a long time with BF3, I picked up MW3 used today out of nowhere just because I was curious about how the multiplayer was.

I didn't follow any pre or post release info about the game, so I don't really know anything about how the MP works or has changed. Any Pro Tips or anything I should know going in? Any goto weapons for each class, broken items, etc? Thanks.
Most people just let the ACR and Tactical Insertion play the game for them so that might be a good start.

Wait what's that challenge? Taking care packages?

Hijack 200 enemy care packages.
-You can't prestige or the challenge resets.
-You won't find it in your barracks either because it's a hidden challenge, just like:

-Mother of All Bombs: Call in 2,5,10 MOABS.
-Renaissance Man: Get a kill with 3 different weapons in 1 life.
-Sidekick: Get 3 kills with your secondary weapon in one life.
-...With a Vengeance: Avenge a Fallen Teammate.
-Fallout Shelter: Get killed by an enemy MOAB.
-Infected/Transfer: Get knifed by somebody using Infected Title/Knife somebody using Transfer title
-Behind Enemy Lines: Get a 10 killstreak with no killstreaks on.

-There are probably way more, but these are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

They even have 6 hates 7 in the game files, which is: Earn 7,8,9 killstreak rewards in one life.
Because 7 ate 9 lol. But there is no 8 killstreak in this game so it's impossible.

So i just completely wrote a huge paragraph to what coulda been a one word answer lol.

Just played a tdm and got 22 kills. Hopefully elite counts them this time, since i'm the only person to have played again lol.

EDIT: Yay they counted, but at this rate I think i'm going to hit 20th prestige lvl 80 before our clan hits lvl 30 for the 6 hours of double xp, so idk if i even care anymore. It just would've been a lot quicker to get to 20th prestige 80 with the 6 hours of dbl xp lol. Our clan lvling up has just been lagging along so slowly the past few months.

Nori Chan

Hijack 200 enemy care packages.
-You can't prestige or the challenge resets.
-You won't find it in your barracks either because it's a hidden challenge, just like:

-Mother of All Bombs: Call in 2,5,10 MOABS.
-Renaissance Man: Get a kill with 3 different weapons in 1 life.
-Sidekick: Get 3 kills with your secondary weapon in one life.
-...With a Vengeance: Avenge a Fallen Teammate.
-Fallout Shelter: Get killed by an enemy MOAB.
-Infected/Transfer: Get knifed by somebody using Infected Title/Knife somebody using Transfer title
-Behind Enemy Lines: Get a 10 killstreak with no killstreaks on.

-There are probably way more, but these are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

They even have 6 hates 7 in the game files, which is: Earn 7,8,9 killstreak rewards in one life.
Because 7 ate 9 lol. But there is no 8 killstreak in this game so it's impossible.

So i just completely wrote a huge paragraph to what coulda been a one word answer lol.
Any emblems or titles from them?

I would've join you for the elite clan challenge, but evo was on :(

Any emblems or titles from them?

I would've join you for the elite clan challenge, but evo was on :(

Yeah there are titles and emblems for most hidden challenges.
I know behind enemy lines gets you the super mario emblem.
Fallout Shelter gets you the Toxic title i believe.
Infected and Transfer get you Infected and Transfer xP.
Pretty sure sidekick challenge gets you the sidekick title as well lol.

Most of them have something.

Here is the wiki page that has all the titles and emblems and how to get them. I have most of the titles and emblems already and had them since like November/December so I don't remember how to get a lot of them lol.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Warfare_3_Titles

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Modern_Warfare_3_Emblems

...About the clan operations, I've pretty much given up. I'm just playing one game per operation that I'm online at the time just to get bronze, so at least we get some xp. Like today i was playing a different game, but i signed on to play MW3 just to do one match of TDM, so we at least get credited for bronze. I just want the 6 hours of double xp lol to get to Prestige 20 quicker. Honestly, once i hit prestige 20, i don't care how quickly i hit lvl 80. So i really just want to finish prestige 19 asap and i'm already at the end of 18, so i'll probably finish before our clan gets to lvl 30 and no other clan rewards mean anything besides the double xp.

EDIT: Some other hidden challenges that i forgot that give titles include surviving final stand, getting a kill with martydom, killing somebody cooking a frag, and getting a c4 kill while in final stand (pig emblem.)

Just putting it out there... We're most likely getting an announcement of the final 2 maps/Vertigo Special Ops Mission for Collection 3 today. They're going to give us a few screenshots and tell us the map names etc.. Elite members will get it tomorrow and the Collection will come out next Tuesday.

Nothing official. Just my prediction and expect the announcement around 12-1pm ET, with screenshots to come a bit afterwards.

8 Days until Terminal and 9 Days until Terminal with noobs to stomp on!

EDIT: Or actually it's next Tuesday xP, with the Collection coming out on the 24th.

EDIT2: And we learn what the maps are and screenshots etc.. on this Thursday.

popeutlal

Question: when using marksman, do you move faster in ADS with G36C compared to ACR? That's what it feels like to me....but I also suspect it's a placebo effect.

Question: when using marksman, do you move faster in ADS with G36C compared to ACR? That's what it feels like to me....but I also suspect it's a placebo effect.

Nope, but you would move faster in ADS with:

any SMG (100%) > AR (95%) > LMG (87.5%)

Bolt Action Snipers (100%)
Semi Auto Snipers (87.5%)

Those are the normal speeds. Stalker makes it so you can ADS the same speed as you walk (no sprint for you gun category.)

I honestly thought the new maps were coming out today

rangers you trolled me

I honestly thought they were coming out too :S

but then again i guess i fucked up, cause that would mean collection 3 is out on 17th, and not 24th. and they usually have collections come out on 20 something lol.

so new maps and terminal on the same day :D That's exciting!
i wonder who the hell is gonna buy collection 3 when they already have terminal for free before it, especially considering collection 3 only has 2 mp maps.

EDIT: Btw we get to learn what the 2 new maps are with screenshots etc.. this Thursday. 100% confirmed.

EYEL1NER

i wonder who the hell is gonna buy collection 3 when they already have terminal for free before it, especially considering collection 3 only has 2 mp maps.
Hopefully no one will.
The way these content drops are done is terrible. The lame content in some of the drops doesn't help either.

Hopefully people look at Collection 3, say to themselves "Awww, but I want maps. That's what I care about," and then spend their money on something else.

kuYuri

This month's round of DLC drops for both platforms confirmed with dates/screens:

360:
Xbox 360 DLC Update: The Elite Premium Drop for July will be on 7/17. It will include 2 MP Maps, Decommission and Offshore as well as the SO Mission Vertigo. Also Terminal will be out this day for all Elite Premium subscribers and then on 7/18, Terminal will be free for everyone. More info on these drops to come later today.

PS3:
PS3 DLC Update: The Elite Premium Drop for July will be on 7/19. It will consist of the SO mission Arctic Recon, and 3 Faceoff maps: Vortex, U-Turn and Intersection. More detailed info to follow later today.

Decommission (MP Map)
drop_16_920x518.jpg

Offshore (MP map)
drop_17_920x518.jpg

Vertigo (Spec-Ops)
drop_18_920x518.jpg

Played a game a few days ago.

Used the Assault Package (with Hardline) - UAV/Care Package.

Got 3 kills quickly, called in my Care Package, got a Ospray Gunner.

After the match...

Person: I'm reporting you, Hispanicguy.
Me: Why? lol
Person: You got an Ospray Gunner at 3 kills.
Me: It's called a Care Package, buddy.
Person: YOU CAN'T GET A CARE PACKAGE AT 3 KILLS (typed in caps cause he did yell)
Me: It's called Hardline, buddy.
Person: ::silence for a few then leaves the room:

This game may not be the best but the people who play it make it fun, lol.

Lately, I've been sticking with UAV/Care Package w/Hardline. I'll throw random packages down for teammates and tell them to pick up whatever they want. Feels good giving teammates some killstreaks.

I've also been trying to get the damn "Bulletproof" title (which you get by using the Riot Shield and deflecting 50,000 bullets). By far, one of the hardest challenges to complete..or should I say, one of the most time consuming challenges. I'm at 3000/50000 right now. I refuse to prestige until I get this title.

After this challenge, I'll go after the Treasure Chest emblem.

I would love to have that title/emblem combination.

kuYuri

Played a game a few days ago.

Used the Assault Package (with Hardline) - UAV/Care Package.

Got 3 kills quickly, called in my Care Package, got a Ospray Gunner.

After the match...

Person: I'm reporting you, Hispanicguy.
Me: Why? lol
Person: You got an Ospray Gunner at 3 kills.
Me: It's called a Care Package, buddy.
Person: YOU CAN'T GET A CARE PACKAGE AT 3 KILLS (typed in caps cause he did yell)
Me: It's called Hardline, buddy.
Person: ::silence for a few then leaves the room:

This game may not be the best but the people who play it make it fun, lol.

:lol

Wish I was there to hear that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm not even going to waste my time downloading this months worthless ass drop. I still haven't played a single second of Spec Ops in this game and I'll probably never touch the Faceoff mode again.

Really not a fan of the way elite's been handled. Call me crazy but I'd rather have my DLC available to all on day 1 than have it spread out 30-60 days between different groups. Despite being an elite member, I don't even bother with the new online maps until they've had time to propagate among the 'normal' crowd (non-elite PS3). I've found that the only people left playing the game this far out are all the die-hard hardcores with k/d ratios of 4 or higher, who generally tend to decimate the room and nab the percentage of the kills. So when you jump into an elite map the first 30 days, I'm finding lobbies full of nothing but folks maxed out across the board.

Really not a fan of the way elite's been handled. Call me crazy but I'd rather have my DLC available to all on day 1 than have it spread out 30-60 days between different groups. Despite being an elite member, I don't even bother with the new online maps until they've had time to propagate among the 'normal' crowd (non-elite PS3). I've found that the only people left playing the game this far out are all the die-hard hardcores with k/d ratios of 4 or higher, who generally tend to decimate the room and nab the percentage of the kills. So when you jump into an elite map the first 30 days, I'm finding lobbies full of nothing but folks maxed out across the board.

If you'd rather have it so everybody gets the maps at the same time, then you're just going to get the maps later... Why wouldn't you like to get them earlier, even if you don't play them, at least you have them, rather than having to wait 2 extra months to get it at the same time. Other people appreciate being able to play content early.

EYEL1NER

If you'd rather have it so everybody gets the maps at the same time, then you're just going to get the maps later... Why wouldn't you like to get them earlier, even if you don't play them, at least you have them, rather than having to wait 2 extra months to get it at the same time. Other people appreciate being able to play content early.
I would rather have the maps later and in packs, rather than a map or two here or there. Maybe a two maps one month, one the next, and then a month with nothing? Not a fan of it at all.
Free Elite beats paying for the maps though, so I can't complain too much.

Absolutely, I download the content the day it drops. Love the specs ops missions and trophies, but I won't dare play the multiplayer maps online outside of a private party with friends. I see no real bonus to getting them early if it means playing with the top tier folks.

I think in general most of the noob and normal folks have moved on; it's quite rare to find a lobby where anyone isn't a maxed out prestige or have a high k/d ratio. I saw someone with a 6.8 k/d tonight, and played another guy who was overall ranked 18 in TDM. I don't mind the challenge every now and then, but I'm not a fan of losing every game or getting absolutely smashed by folks who play 24/7.

Absolutely, I download the content the day it drops. Love the specs ops missions and trophies, but I won't dare play the multiplayer maps online outside of a private party with friends. I see no real bonus to getting them early if it means playing with the top tier folks.

I think in general most of the noob and normal folks have moved on; it's quite rare to find a lobby where anyone isn't a maxed out prestige or have a high k/d ratio. I saw someone with a 6.8 k/d tonight, and played another guy who was overall ranked 18 in TDM. I don't mind the challenge every now and then, but I'm not a fan of losing every game or getting absolutely smashed by folks who play 24/7.

Agreed completely. Couldn't have been said better. I love having the content early and always being available. I play spec ops Day 1 for every drop. I usually play suvival mode on the new maps as well and try for high wave. Never do i touch the new maps in the elite playlists before they come out for the rest of the public, because i'm playing top tier people like you said. That's why when terminal comes out on the 17th, i'm just going to wait til the 18th to play with everybody else.

I would rather have the maps later and in packs, rather than a map or two here or there. Maybe a two maps one month, one the next, and then a month with nothing? Not a fan of it at all.
Free Elite beats paying for the maps though, so I can't complain too much.

But for example, i got piazza and liberation in january and the collection came out in march. What if i just felt like playing a few matches on elite playlists because i was bored of old maps and wanted to play new maps for a change? At least the option is available. It's there TWO MONTHS EARLIER! If you just want to get it with the rest of the public, why not just buy the collections separately? That option is still there for you, and it still allows the people that want the content earlier to enjoy it. Why wait til March for the 1st dlc when i can have it in january?

Also, there has never been a month with no content in the DLC season so no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom