• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That's my favorite Spec-Ops mission ever. I didn't stop until I rescued all hostages. Once you learn the layout, you just want to keep trying until you get it.

I had to take a break. It was pissing me off. That final set of hostages is too easy to mess up. I have all the triggers memorized now though.

That's my favorite Spec-Ops mission ever. I didn't stop until I rescued all hostages. Once you learn the layout, you just want to keep trying until you get it.

My favorite in MW3 is Hostage Taker. Me and my friend crawled prone through the whole mission to avoid everybody (it's the snowy stealth mission where you save the presidents daughter). Then, at the very end by the log you have to jump over, I got spotted, but my friend was in a bush and the enemies never saw him, so i just kept fucking enemies up and everytime i went down my friend would just stealth revive me until we cleared everybody out. Then we barely made it running to the end and shot the guys head off that was holding the daughter hostage. I think my time in that mission is like 22 minutes something seconds cause we proned through the whole thing lol. (On Veteran btw)

kuYuri

My favorite in MW3 is Hostage Taker. Me and my friend crawled prone through the whole mission to avoid everybody (it's the snowy stealth mission where you save the presidents daughter). Then, at the very end by the log you have to jump over, I got spotted, but my friend was in a bush and the enemies never saw him, so i just kept fucking enemies up and everytime i went down my friend would just stealth revive me until we cleared everybody out. Then we barely made it running to the end and shot the guys head off that was holding the daughter hostage. I think my time in that mission is like 22 minutes something seconds cause we proned through the whole thing lol. (On Veteran btw)

That mission was a pain in the ass, I solo'd it on Veteran cause doing with it with my friend was a pain since one of us always got caught.

That mission was a pain in the ass, I solo'd it on Veteran cause doing with it with my friend was a pain since one of us always got caught.

Haha nice job! I've always found it a lot more difficult to solo a mission than to co-op it xP The only mission I've ever solo'd is the new Artic Recon one because in solo if the recon drone gets killed, you don't fail the mission. In co-op having the drone getting killed causing you to fail the mission was frustrating for me and my partner.

kuYuri

Haha nice job! I've always found it a lot more difficult to solo a mission than to co-op it xP The only mission I've ever solo'd is the new Artic Recon one because in solo if the recon drone gets killed, you don't fail the mission. In co-op having the drone getting killed causing you to fail the mission was frustrating for me and my partner.

Good advice on Arctic Recon. I'll try that.

BTW, I could also use your help doing the Veteran playthrough of Iron Clad and Killswitch. Maybe tomorrow?

Infinity

How is PC play these days? Is cheating rampant? I have the 360 version, but I'm considering flipping it for the PC version.

Nabs

It's hard to say.

I love the PC version, I think it's definitely the best out there. There are hackers, but I haven't noticed any obvious ones since the second DLC pack was released. I only play KC, so there is a very good chance they only play GW.

I think playing with a squad makes things better. I don't know if I would like the game as much as I do if I was playing solo.

Watch for Black Ops 2 PC. Blops 1 was great on PC, solo or with a squad.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's hard to say.

I love the PC version, I think it's definitely the best out there. There are hackers, but I haven't noticed any obvious ones since the second DLC pack was released. I only play KC, so there is a very good chance they only play GW.

I think playing with a squad makes things better. I don't know if I would like the game as much as I do if I was playing solo.

Watch for Black Ops 2 PC. Blops 1 was great on PC, solo or with a squad.

I've put like 50 hours solo and game is as fun as ever somehow lol. I haven't run into any hackers since launch or so. First month or so there were a few blatant hackers but since then I haven't seen any afaik. I've tried most of the standard modes besides ground war which for some reason is hacking paradise on console or PC. Also I'm gonna hate myself but damnit I'm gonna get both map packs at least I'll get my $$ worth versus buying another game to add to my grid view collection lol.

Nabs

I've put like 50 hours solo and game is as fun as ever somehow lol. I haven't run into any hackers since launch or so. First month or so there were a few blatant hackers but since then I haven't seen any afaik. I've tried most of the standard modes besides ground war which for some reason is hacking paradise on console or PC. Also I'm gonna hate myself but damnit I'm gonna get both map packs at least I'll get my $$ worth versus buying another game to add to my grid view collection lol.

I'm really liking the new maps. They are pretty and play differently from the vanilla set. There's no reason to feel bad.

So happy non elite members get it one day after.

I'm elite and never played new maps when only elite have them. It's no fun playing in Elite playlists cause it's all random game modes that i don't care for and it's against MLG Pro people that are really good lol.

So i'll just wait til the 18th and play with all the people that get it for free and have fun in the demolition playlist :D

I keep finding it interesting that Mark Rubin (Executive Producer at Infinity Ward) keeps saying the Content Calendar for Elite is wrong, which he is 100% correect in. It has always been wrong and they never update it.

But he also says that there is way more DLC coming and that they are only like halfway through the content season. That has me thinking there has to me another huge surprise thing like Faceoff or something?

Without him hyping all this up, I just see 3 months left (July, August, September) with them just finishing up Collection 3 with multiplayer maps in July, but August and September can be anything. I also find it weird that PS3 non elite members will get Collection 4 like 2 weeks before Black Ops II comes out lol.

Infinity

Bit on the 360 maps. The price was too good to pass up. Plus, I like the fact that some of the proceeds go to a good charity.

eGregiovs

Neo Member
Been thinking about grabbing the maps for 360 as well.
About a month ago, they teased a buff for M16, PM9 & the Model ... still waiting.
Until then, I'll continue pooping on Ghost Famas/Galil users with my Olympia & Stakeout in Blops.

popeutlal

After 7 months I'm still not sure if I'm good at this game or not. I can totally dominate games one night and get owned the next night.

I'm already in ADS, I know the guy i coming down the hall, I know the dude has no chance....and then I'm dead. The other guy is running, stops, aims and pulls the trigger all in one frame. I didn't even get to fire a bullet.

So damn frustrating.

eek5

After 7 months I'm still not sure if I'm good at this game or not. I can totally dominate games one night and get owned the next night.

I'm already in ADS, I know the guy i coming down the hall, I know the dude has no chance....and then I'm dead. The other guy is running, stops, aims and pulls the trigger all in one frame. I didn't even get to fire a bullet.

So damn frustrating.

That's just latency stuff. Once you recognize when you have a good connection to the host and/or are hosting or not and just rematchmake you'll have consistently good games night after night.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

So damn frustrating.

Happens to me all the time, though it is usually good matches followed by shitty ones from then on out.

I can generally tell what match I become the host now due to how shitty things get for me, it's like I can feel the game working against me when the match before was playing perfectly fine, it's actually really annoying.
When me and friends play I will tell them to watch for the host change screen when I leave these days.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So as an Elite member, do I get to keep the MW3 maps once my Elite subscription is over? Or do I lose them all? Because I would be really pissed if I lose all the maps...

So as an Elite member, do I get to keep the MW3 maps once my Elite subscription is over? Or do I lose them all? Because I would be really pissed if I lose all the maps...

You get to keep them. Confirmed by Call of Duty Elite/Beachhead Studios.
Call of Duty Elite is essentially a season pass, where if you pay money upfront, you get DLC cheaper, but there is also a bonus service for free, which includes clans and elite tv etc..

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You get to keep them. Confirmed by Call of Duty Elite/Beachhead Studios.
Call of Duty Elite is essentially a season pass, where if you pay money upfront, you get DLC cheaper, but there is also a bonus service for free, which includes clans and elite tv etc..

Gotcha gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Edit: Also, I think my favorite part of Elite is Friday Night Fights. So entertaining watching these videos haha.

Meier

Played online for a few hours this week for the first time in 5-6 months. At some point, did they nerf the Type 92 (or whatever the 3-shot burst is in this) at some point? I swear, it was my go-to since I love the FAMAS previously but it felt like I was getting clear shots in a number of times (getting hit indicators even) and they weren't dying whereas before, a few clean shots like that would kill them. Am I crazy? Or had it just been too long and I'm mis-remembering?

p.s. Forgot how fucking frustrating lag can be.. nothing worse than seeing a dude appear and getting a shot off only to die and see the kill cam that he had a noticeable jump on you even though he only just appeared on your screen.

eek5

Played online for a few hours this week for the first time in 5-6 months. At some point, did they nerf the Type 92 (or whatever the 3-shot burst is in this) at some point? I swear, it was my go-to since I love the FAMAS previously but it felt like I was getting clear shots in a number of times (getting hit indicators even) and they weren't dying whereas before, a few clean shots like that would kill them. Am I crazy? Or had it just been too long and I'm mis-remembering?

What distances were you getting "clean shots" at?

Meier

What distances were you getting "clean shots" at?

I dunno, just regular play -- that varies of course. I still have a K/D ratio of over 1 with it (444 versus 434), so it's not like I was playing awful, but it's level 28 (highest for me) and I definitely felt like there were multiple times when I had a guaranteed kill where they didn't die. Could have just been related to lag. Whether or not they've adjusted the Type 95's damage since release though is a yes or no question.

Edit: Just googled it.. yeah, looks like it was nerfed back in December. It's entirely possible that I hadn't played since then so that would explain it.

Called it...

The Elite Content Calendar was just updated today.

July now shows 2 Multiplayer Maps and 1 Spec Ops Mission.

So like i said earlier, Collection 3 has only 2 Multiplayer Maps in it.

EDIT: The current update also indicates that there will be 26 Content Drops and not 24. (The original plan was 20 drops. Then they raised it to 22, then raised it to 24, now raising it to 26 lol.)

EDIT2: For those that can't see the Content Calendar, Collection 4 currently shows 3 Multiplayer Maps and 2 Spec Ops Missions, which is pretty standard, but there is also a classified. There were also 3 other classifieds earlier in the content season on the calendar and they all turned out to be nothing, so we'll see if this one ends up being anything. Considering this is the first time they are actually updating the calendar for real, it might actually be something.

Playlist Update Friday July 6th:

-Activated Double XP For All Platforms

-Added Team Defender To Faceoff

-Both of these will be gone Monday Morning in another playlist update.

I thought Faceoff was classified

Well that month was originally Map Mission Classified.

It ended up being Map Mission Mission Faceoff Faceoff.

And Classified originally took up 1 drop on the calendar, and Faceoff took up 2.

Idk I guess you can consider it a classified if you want.

The other 2 classifieds have turned out to be nothing however.

I think they were meant to be campaign DLCs or something. Fourzerotwo mentioned them in Cod Elite promotions early on. They were also mentioned in pre-release livestreams. Then Mark Rubin answered a tweet a few days ago saying they were planning on doing Campaign DLC at first but then realized it wasn't a good idea and what they had in mind wasn't going to work out, and considering they never updated the calendar since November, it could make sense if they were story extensions.

Another theory is that they had Gamemodes listed on the content calendar at one point instead of classified, so they could've originally had Infected/Dropzone etc.. in their mind as a DLC only thing, but then decided to do it for free and add the playlists, but never updated the calendar. Here is Bowling saying what they can use Call of Duty Elite for:

Robert Bowling Pre-release Interview said:
“…We’ll be using that information to introduce even more game modes and playlists to players"

The more I think about it, the gamemode theory makes more sense now. Who knows what this last classified will be now though :S

So I guess there's zero chance of new weapons at this point.

Pretty much no chance. I don't know where people even got the rumor of AK74u returning, which is the main rumor I'm hearing. Here are reasons there won't be Gun DLC in MW3 100% confirmed from Mark Rubin's Twitter. He said it won't happen and here is why:

Mark Rubin's Twitter said:
- Each map has limited amount of memory for guns. There is no more space left to add more guns.
- RAM space is full, and very limited now
- Too many tech issues to complete before adding it
- RAM space for maps is different than Hard Space for maps. RAM is very full.
- Takes too much time to integrate guns into every map
- If they prepare the game for more guns before it launches, then there would be no problem at all. But for MW3 they didn’t prepare it.
- They don’t want to add more playlists [players w/ new guns ; players without new guns playlist]

Xbox.com has posted the achievements early to the new Vertigo spec ops mission that is coming out this Tuesday most likely (Not confirmed), with them announcing the release on Monday. Xbox.com always leaks achievements early for DLCs for most games so these are 100% legit confirmed achievements. It's happened for all the spec ops missions in this game already that were DLCs.

Here they are:

IMG_6442-copy.png

kuYuri

Mark Rubin has publicly stated that the Content Calendar is almost always incorrect lately, he also doesn't get the point of making content classified. This update pretty much showed that he was correct. Blame marketing.

Mark Rubin has publicly stated that the Content Calendar is almost always incorrect lately, he also doesn't get the point of making content classified. This update pretty much showed that he was correct. Blame marketing.

Thats exactly what I was saying before xP Except now they finally updated it to being correct now. Look at post 16172 lol

kuYuri

It would've been cool. Definitely would've been better than faceoff if i had to chose between the two.

Btw do you wanna come on xbox and play with me and computers putin?

No thanks, was at a friend's house playing a bunch earlier today, had enough of MW3 for the day.

Top Bottom