• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

You know, people who ONLY use the ACR/Type 95/Striker/MP7/PP90 ruin this game. There are other guns out there.

Once you get gold, it should put a time limit on how long you can use the gun after until prestiging again.

I REALLY want to enjoy this game, but everytime I get on, I get destroyed by kids using those guns/dropshotting.

Ugh.

On another note, the Spas is pretty decent.

Not a personal attack against you whitesox, but i never understood why people get mad at getting killed by a dropshot.

When i first started dying to them in MW2, i just switched to tactical layout myself.
Been dropshotting ever since.

Now in MW3, whenever i get killed by the dropshot, i just feel like i was outplayed and am thinking in my head "Touche" not "wow what an asshole he dropshots thats so cheap"

And i RARELY run into it, but then again i have single digit deaths at the end of pretty much every match i play.

EDIT: And when i watch some of my MOABS in theater mode, there are times when i'm like "WOW, i'm really dark red, i wouldn't have survived that if i didn't dropshot."
So why not use something that can help you? If anything, it's a skill you need to master that advances your gameplay.

You know, people who ONLY use the ACR/Type 95/Striker/MP7/PP90 ruin this game. There are other guns out there.

Once you get gold, it should put a time limit on how long you can use the gun after until prestiging again.

I REALLY want to enjoy this game, but everytime I get on, I get destroyed by kids using those guns/dropshotting.

Ugh.

On another note, the Spas is pretty decent.

I use to hate getting killed by those guns but you learn to accept it and start using it yourself. Doesn't bother me anymore. I gladly accept the challenge, lol.

Same goes for dropshotting. Very annoying but I do it as well. I don't THINK about dropshotting...my hands just do it..but not all the time. Must be that tactical layout.

I agree that, if it helps you, learn to use it. Even if you don't like to use it, it's good to know HOW to use it. That goes for dropshotting and using different weapons.

I use to be one of the people who just stood with 1 weapon but now that I've tried out every weapon, there are so many of them that are fun to use. Makes the game more fun.

Currently, I rotate between the Model 1887, G36C, a random LMG and the MK14. Need a SMG to fill that void...probably the PM-9. Then again, I still have my trusty riot shield...

I like the sound of clan challenges. It makes it so people that don't have elite premium (like myself) can still contribute to the clan and earn XP. I like helping ^_^ lol.

I'm kinda iffy on getting premium once BO2 comes out because of how lame MW3 made it but I'll most likely pick it up so I can complete some challenges with you guys.

Just reached 1000+ kills with the Model...allllmost there.

Anyone else here enjoy/mostly play Hardcore? I think it's so much better than Core and if they take away tubes for Hardcore in BO2 as well as shorter respawn times, I will be a happy man.

I'm kinda iffy on getting premium once BO2 comes out because of how lame MW3 made it but I'll most likely pick it up so I can complete some challenges with you guys.

What was iffy about it? Genuinely interested.

In my eyes:

-It makes DLC cheaper.
-You get DLC earlier.
-On top of that, you get a whole service for FREE, including operations, elite TV etc..., because the price you paid was for the DLC at a price of $10 off and $20 off if you got hardened edition.

If it works the same way in BO2, definitely getting premium, because once again saves me $10-$20 on DLC. Definitely want zombie maps 2 months early. There is no way i could wait til it comes out in a collection. And on top of all this, i get a service for free, which includes operations, clans, and Elite TV. And if i choose not to use the service, it's not like i wasted money, because the money was for the dlc at a DISCOUNTED PRICE anyway.

So what is so iffy about premium? I really don't get it.

The service was down in November for both premium and nonpremium when it first launched, so that can't be a valid argument. I'm just really curious. I can't think of anything.

Guess I'm just weird but I don't really NEED early DLC. Not that I don't think it's great but I'm patient enough to wait until a map pack comes out.

You're right that it DOES make DLC cheaper but I could live with paying $10 more if it comes down to that.

Clan Ops is the only thing that really interest me. I enjoy competing so that's a definite plus.

I'm very picky with my money. Elite doesn't scream out to me and say "BUY ME" but maybe that will change this year with Elite 2.0.

So I guess the difference between you and me is patience and choosing what to use money on lol.

kuYuri

Anyone else here enjoy/mostly play Hardcore? I think it's so much better than Core and if they take away tubes for Hardcore in BO2 as well as shorter respawn times, I will be a happy man.

I'm down for hardcore. Played it a bunch in past games, but lately, since we play in groups, most of that group seems to prefer core over hardcore. Let me know whenever you are down for HC and I'd join.

Also been wanting to play more 2v2 Face Off mode, let me know if you are down for that.

-TK-

I'm down for hardcore.

My stats:

Mw3:
Hardcore: 151h
Core: 2h
Campaign: 0h

Black Ops:
Hardcore: 155h
Core: 0h
Campaign: 0h

Yes, I'm down for hardcore too. D:

But, it's sad that there is almost zero good players or groups playing Mw3 anymore, because the game sucked so much. Only under 2.0k/d noobs with noobtubes because they can't kill anyone without using them. Oh well, BO2 will be so much better than this game.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try this tonight. I'll assume the game save utility is something I can find on the system hard drive. I'll post results either way. =)

Alright, I got it to work last night. I couldn't find anything called "game save utility" specifically so I don't know if that fix works or not. I did however delete a much larger chunk of DLC than I previously had. I deleted about eight content drops in total starting with the most recent one and making sure to include some spec ops missions, new and old. I don't know why it fixed itself but it did. I totally expect this to happen with future drops :(

Terminal looks like Terminal. Fun!

Glad there's interest in Hardcore.

If someone pulls out a tube in Hardcore, then I do the same. If no one tubes, I won't.

We'll get a party started one of these days.

I don't have the magic number of 2.0k/d (cause that's what you need to be considered great, right? lol -_-) but I still consider myself good. Guess you could blame my riot shield only prestige or the fact that I'm way too aggressive which causes me to go negative sometimes.

Really miss BO's in game scoreboards which shows the caps/defends. Hope they bring that back. Speaking of BO..I think I'll play that today. Kowloon is a great map IMO.

MW3 Update:
Lag Comp (Xbox & PS3) - TDM has some settings that replicate to an extent MW2 lag comp settings. More to be done here. Moving to all playlists soon. Probably sometime next week barring any issues. PC is still being worked on as well but is a different code path.

Matchmaking (Xbox) - Domination has a new matchmaking schema. It no longer uses Hilbert regions but rather country code based on your IP. Improvements to that coming in upcoming patch. But if you have been matchmaking a lot with people from other countries please try this out and see if it is better.

Spawning (All) - Faceoff maps have had more spawn points added and a slight tweak to the logic. Should reduce the amount of spawn trapping. But the maps are small so spawning will always feel dangerous. Part of the fun of the mode. A full re-write on spawn logic is in the works but will be some time before it is ready.

DLC - Terminal is out for everyone on Xbox. I'll be able to announce the date for Ps3 and PC sometime soon pending PR approval. Probably next week or so. Yes Terminal will be free for everyone just as it is on Xbox.

PS3 DLC Issues - Some of the issues with PS3 DLC have been resolved. There are still isolated cases of people losing their Elite Subscription (me included) and also of some DLC content that seems to be either unplayable or un-downloadable. We are still working with Sony on those issues. Hit up @candyslexia for possible solutions for DLC issues.

Weapon Balance - We have started our pass on weapons here at the studio and are testing out some changes. We are just hitting ARs and SMGs at first. Our current philosophy on this right now is not to nerf but rather to buff those weapons that are under-performing. Not sure yet on the eta of when these changes will go live.

Playlist Updates - I don't have any info yet on Playlist updates just yet. Hoping to get to that soon.

Anyway that's all I have for you guys right now. Feedback as always is very welcome. I know I have been AFT a lot lately and I apologize, but my work has gotten in the way of being able to respond as much as I would like. Have a great day!

Direct Link: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ie9eof

Glad there's interest in Hardcore.

If someone pulls out a tube in Hardcore, then I do the same. If no one tubes, I won't.

We'll get a party started one of these days.

I don't have the magic number of 2.0k/d (cause that's what you need to be considered great, right? lol -_-) but I still consider myself good. Guess you could blame my riot shield only prestige or the fact that I'm way too aggressive which causes me to go negative sometimes.

Really miss BO's in game scoreboards which shows the caps/defends. Hope they bring that back. Speaking of BO..I think I'll play that today. Kowloon is a great map IMO.

I only play Hardcore and my k/d isn't pretty, but it's getting back up slowly.

Seul Fantome

Neo Member
Weapon Balance - We have started our pass on weapons here at the studio and are testing out some changes. We are just hitting ARs and SMGs at first. Our current philosophy on this right now is not to nerf but rather to buff those weapons that are under-performing. Not sure yet on the eta of when these changes will go live.

I’m very curious to see what they’ll change. Hopefully they’ll buff the CM901 and M16A4. Those two feel so weak compared to the other assault rifles.

I’m very curious to see what they’ll change. Hopefully they’ll buff the CM901 and M16A4. Those two feel so weak compared to the other assault rifles.
They'll probably buff the CM901, AK47, M16A4, PM9, and MP5.

Hopefully the next guns they buff are the non-LSW lmgs again. There is zero incentive to use the PKP, MK46, or MG36 when the LSW does the same amount of damage and has all the upsides (great reload, good sights, good RoF, lowest recoil)

They were mentioning the M16A4, PM-9, MP5 on their Facebook Page a while back. They also mentioned the Model 1887, but that isn't an Assault Rifle or SMG lol.

Infinity Ward Facebook Page said:
Weapons Complaints:
-Guns like the M16, Model 1887, PM9, and the MP5 need more love.
-Riot Shield:
--Does not have master and veteran challenges to carry over prestiges
--The hit deflection for the shield, especially on the back.

They'll probably buff the CM901, AK47, M16A4, PM9, and MP5.

Hopefully the next guns they buff are the non-LSW lmgs again. There is zero incentive to use the PKP, MK46, or MG36 when the LSW does the same amount of damage and has all the upsides (great reload, good sights, good RoF, lowest recoil)

MK46 is the best LMG statistically. I used it and got 500kills and mastery with it and it is by far my favorite. Just because LSW may be the most used one, doesn't mean it is the best. Additionally, all LMGs have already been buffed.

EDIT: Just looked it up, since range is no longer an issue after the buff, the LSW is pretty much a close 2nd place to the MK46 now.
MK46 has a higher RPM making it a quicker kill (think of how quick the FMG9s kill. Higher RPM= better.) LSW has a quicker reload, but it still has a 3.76 second reload. And with an LMG, you aren't reloading often anyway. And with a 3.76 second reload, you still need to get out of the action and take a short break to reload anyway.

Also, to put that reload time into perspective, the ACR 6.8 takes 1.9 seconds to reload and i've gotten killed plenty of times because i was reloading, so 3.76 seconds is definitely a long time to be reloading.

MK46 is the best LMG statistically. I used it and got 500kills and mastery with it and it is by far my favorite. Just because LSW may be the most used one, doesn't mean it is the best. Additionally, all LMGs have already been buffed.

The Mk46 only has a slightly better rate of fire than the LSW (and on the consoles it's been tested and is actually the same rate of fire). It also has the longest reload of any LMG. 100 rounds will last you a decent amount of time, but when you run out a 3 second reload is much better than a 10 second reload.

In fact, the MG36, MK46, and LSW all have the same RoF on consoles (all 3 take 8.2 seconds to unload a 100 round magazine).

The Mk46 only has a slightly better rate of fire than the LSW (and on the consoles it's been tested and is actually the same rate of fire). It also has the longest reload of any LMG. 100 rounds will last you a decent amount of time, but when you run out a 3 second reload is much better than a 10 second reload.

In fact, the MG36, MK46, and LSW all have the same RoF on consoles (all 3 take 8.2 seconds to unload a 100 round magazine).

Meh only 8 second reload -__- And the M60 has a longer reload time :p

But if thats the case and they all have the same RPM, then L86 is the winner. Regardless, i'm not a big fan of LMGs anyway when they're pretty much beat by any other gun in the game. I am going for 500kills/mastery for every gun though and have done MK46 so far though and have about 100 with the L86.

RPM is pretty much the #1 stat when looking at how good a gun is with damage being #2

Every gun that has a high RPM usually pisses people off and has been called OP at one point or another because of how fast it kills, whether it is OP or not, such as Black Ops Famas, FMG9s, MW2 Glocks, PP90M1 Rapid Fire etc..

The gun with the highest RPM in call of duty history, the vector, surprisingly was never used, nor did anybody hate it xP

EDIT: All the LMGs are pretty much the same except for the M60. The only differences are recoil and reload. Reload doesn't matter because they are all long. Recoil also isn't that big of a deal because of the foregrip being available, which makes the recoil a lot more miniscule. Switching weapon time, which also includes planting bombs, picking up weapons etc.. is different among them but that isn't as big of a factor.

EDIT2: Wow this post is getting long, but honestly just calculated your thing. That's a 730 RPM, and at that point you're getting dangerously close to the M60 RPM, which only kills in 2 bullets. I'm not an LMG expert, but it might just be better to use that gun instead. Just calculated it, that makes it exactly 500 DPS for the M60 and 486 DPS for MG and MK and 462 DPS for the L86. So confirmed now. M60 best LMG out there xP

Thanks for letting me know about the RPM glitch. Now i know which LMG to use whenever I go back to that category. I also liked the M60 when i used it as an Assault Jugg.

Xux

I liked the Vector; cool to see it back in BOII.

PPSh in WAW had a faster fire rate, too, at 1250 RPM, BTW. :D :D :D

It's funny that people don't use the PM9, either, 'cause it kills a whole hundredth of a second faster than the PP90.

Seriously, though, what happened to the MW2 MP5k fans? The PM9's pretty much the same sort of thing.

I liked the Vector; cool to see it back in BOII.

PPSh in WAW had a faster fire rate, too, at 1250 RPM, BTW. :D :D :D

It's funny that people don't use the PM9, either, 'cause it kills a whole hundredth of a second faster than the PP90.

Seriously, though, what happened to the MW2 MP5k fans? The PM9's pretty much the same sort of thing.

I guess i forgot about that gun! The PPSh was such a fun gun to use! In zombies it was fun too, but it ran outta ammo so quick cause it's rate of fire lol. Also, i didn't know the vector is going to be in BOII. But then again gun names don't mean much, it's how they perform. The vector can magically become the slowest shooting gun that kills in 2 bullets lol.

PM9 is hard to control when ADSing, similar to the Glock. You notice it a lot when playing gun game MW3 style. Also, the PM9 has a lot less range compared to Assault Rifles and other sub machines guns (such as MP7/PP90/UMP), so i guess thats why it's not as much of a favorite. It can be deadly when hipfired up close though. But when you're talking about that, i'd rather just use FMG9s :D

EDIT: Btw Vector shot 1111 RPM in MW2 Multi and PPSh-41 only shot 896 RPM in WaW multi. FMG9s shot 1034 RPM before any patches in MW3 Multi. PM-9 shoots 1090 RPM.

Meh only 8 second reload -__- And the M60 has a longer reload time :p

But if thats the case and they all have the same RPM, then L86 is the winner. Regardless, i'm not a big fan of LMGs anyway when they're pretty much beat by any other gun in the game. I am going for 500kills/mastery for every gun though and have done MK46 so far though and have about 100 with the L86.

RPM is pretty much the #1 stat when looking at how good a gun is with damage being #2

Every gun that has a high RPM usually pisses people off and has been called OP at one point or another because of how fast it kills, whether it is OP or not, such as Black Ops Famas, FMG9s, MW2 Glocks, PP90M1 Rapid Fire etc..

The gun with the highest RPM in call of duty history, the vector, surprisingly was never used, nor did anybody hate it xP

EDIT: All the LMGs are pretty much the same except for the M60. The only differences are recoil and reload. Reload doesn't matter because they are all long. Recoil also isn't that big of a deal because of the foregrip being available, which makes the recoil a lot more miniscule. Switching weapon time, which also includes planting bombs, picking up weapons etc.. is different among them but that isn't as big of a factor.

EDIT2: Wow this post is getting long, but honestly just calculated your thing. That's a 730 RPM, and at that point you're getting dangerously close to the M60 RPM, which only kills in 2 bullets. I'm not an LMG expert, but it might just be better to use that gun instead. Just calculated it, that makes it exactly 500 DPS for the M60 and 486 DPS for MG and MK and 462 DPS for the L86. So confirmed now. M60 best LMG out there xP

Thanks for letting me know about the RPM glitch. Now i know which LMG to use whenever I go back to that category. I also liked the M60 when i used it as an Assault Jugg.

Yeah, that's why they need to buff the PKP, MG36, and MK46 a little more. easiest stuff to do would be the following:

MK46: Increase RoF by 20%
MG36 & PKP: Add a 1.4 multiplier to neck and upper chest

And the M60 needs an increase range so that the 2HK range is enough to make up for the high recoil, low RoF, bad reload, shitty sights, etc.

Xux

I guess i forgot about that gun! The PPSh was such a fun gun to use! In zombies it was fun too, but it ran outta ammo so quick cause it's rate of fire lol. Also, i didn't know the vector is going to be in BOII. But then again gun names don't mean much, it's how they perform. The vector can magically become the slowest shooting gun that kills in 2 bullets lol.

PM9 is hard to control when ADSing, similar to the Glock. You notice it a lot when playing gun game MW3 style. Also, the PM9 has a lot less range compared to Assault Rifles and other sub machines guns (such as MP7/PP90/UMP), so i guess thats why it's not as much of a favorite. It can be deadly when hipfired up close though. But when you're talking about that, i'd rather just use FMG9s :D

EDIT: Btw Vector shot 1111 RPM in MW2 Multi and PPSh-41 only shot 896 RPM in WaW multi. FMG9s shot 1034 RPM before any patches in MW3 Multi. PM-9 shoots 1090 RPM.
What? That's the PPSh's fire rate in the first two COD games but everywhere says 1250 for WAW.

PSYGN

MW3: Terminal Warfare

Shit's getting boring. Quit voting for the same damn level every time.

Edit: I guess I can choose not to have DLC maps in rotation?

Xux

MW3: Terminal Warfare

Shit's getting boring. Quit voting for the same damn level every time.

Edit: I guess I can choose not to have DLC maps in rotation?
Yeah, you hit select on the party menu.

Terminal's going to be excluded, though, 'cause it's free.

Yeah, you hit select on the party menu.

Terminal's going to be excluded, though, 'cause it's free.

No it's not. I tested it on the first day. If you do DLC disabled, Terminal never shows up. Just press find match and back up right away and keep doing it and look at the two voting opportunity maps. Do it til you find it. You never will. Search with DLC enabled and it'll show up within your first five matchmaking searches usually.

And since i'd rather play just vanilla maps, i went to my hard drive and deleted everything except faceoff, since that doesn't affect map pack matchmaking in normal playlists, and then that way Terminal still shows up and i'm playing like any gamer who never bought a map pack.

I thought it would be excluded as well cause Aground/Erosion are excluded but i guess you have to exclude them cause if you do DLC disabled and search into the faceoff playlist, wtf is it gonna put you into if you have none of the maps enabled.

Also, Terminal rarely shows up in Infected lol. When i first installed it 5am the day it came out, i had 3 matches in a row on it. Ever since, i've played like 10-15 hours of infected to only have 1 match on it.

http://mp1st.com/2012/07/20/modern-...al-issues-matchmaking-weapon-tweaks-and-more/

She (Candice Capen, Community Coordinator for Modern Warfare 3) also confirmed that the ‘Disable DLC’ option will not affect Terminal in a future update, stating, “we’re going to add an update that addresses this.” Terminal is expected to be a “mandatory update” for all Xbox 360 users, regardless if you want the map or not.

Mark Rubin, recently asked about Terminal 24/7 playlists, answered that he is ”looking into that possibility. Just figuring out best timing.”

In other news, I preordered BO2 yesterday. Don't usually preorder games since I have a chance at getting them early but nuketown is something I actually want lol.

Felt good to play Terminal again but after the first day, I've grown tired of it.

http://mp1st.com/2012/07/20/modern-...al-issues-matchmaking-weapon-tweaks-and-more/

In other news, I preordered BO2 yesterday. Don't usually preorder games since I have a chance at getting them early but nuketown is something I actually want lol.

Felt good to play Terminal again but after the first day, I've grown tired of it.

That's great news. Now i can reinstall my DLC and play DLC Disabled and still have Terminal!

I think they're doing it not because of people bitching but because right now it splits the casual/non DLC buyers in half for matchmaking etc.. because now the community is split into all these various combinations of "bought map packs 2 and 3, but not 1 matchmaking" or "just bought map pack 1" but with terminal it also split people into "bought map packs 2 and 3, but didn't download terminal," making barely any people play there. Also, just vanilla wise theres people who never downloaded a map and people who downloaded just terminal split in half. So putting it together, puts the community back together and lets me have my DLC back.

And i need a Terminal 24/7! It never shows up and i'd love to just keep switching between demolition/domination and ctf on it, with the occasional 12 man ffa. So much fun!

That's great news. Now i can reinstall my DLC and play DLC Disabled and still have Terminal!

I think they're doing it not because of people bitching but because right now it splits the casual/non DLC buyers in half for matchmaking etc.. because now the community is split into all these various combinations of "bought map packs 2 and 3, but not 1 matchmaking" or "just bought map pack 1" but with terminal it also split people into "bought map packs 2 and 3, but didn't download terminal," making barely any people play there. Also, just vanilla wise theres people who never downloaded a map and people who downloaded just terminal split in half. So putting it together, puts the community back together and lets me have my DLC back.

And i need a Terminal 24/7! It never shows up and i'd love to just keep switching between demolition/domination and ctf on it, with the occasional 12 man ffa. So much fun!

I have bought no DLC, but I downloaded Terminal the other day. Just playing TDM and I haven't seen it once. Is there any way for me to play that map right now?

I have bought no DLC, but I downloaded Terminal the other day. Just playing TDM and I haven't seen it once. Is there any way for me to play that map right now?

It seems to be very rare because i played Demolition as well right now and it never showed up and i played for 3-4 hours. It's weighted very lightly so far. You might start thinking it's not there but it is... At one point i went 3.5 hours in infected without it showing up and then BAM terminal gets voted when it shows up.

The only solutions i can think of for now is A) Get a huge party that way people join your lobby, rather than you joining their lobby. That way you can just do find match and back out until terminal shows up. Then, people join your lobby and match starts (if terminal wins vote). or B) Private Match.

Besides that, we're SOL right now until Terminal 24/7 comes out.

aku:jiki

I just went back to this game after a long break and after switching to the best internet connection I've ever had, and oh my god, I need to find some way to lag myself out. The game is unplayable on a pristine connection; every motherfucker gets insane lag comp and killing people is beyond impossible! :(

Play Kill Confirmed. Terminal is every second map, and often it will be in the voting selection right after you've played it and everyone will vote on it so sometimes you end up chaining five Terminal matches in a row without leaving the lobby... MW3: Terminal Warfare indeed.

I can't seem to find it, but when will Collection 3 be released?

EDIT: That's a good question. Collections historically have come out a week after the final drops come out for them, which means it would've come out today, but obviously that's not the case. Most likely it's coming out in July sometime though.

popeutlal

Sweet, I finally hit 1.3 kd. I was stuck with 1.2 since the game came out. Then I decided to use Stalker instead of Marksman and only play the Mercenary playlist.

There are so many terrible players in that playlist.

Is it that hard to program it into your game that no one should be added to a game in the final 60 seconds?

For fucks sake Infinity Ward. Your fourth game this gen and I'm still getting thrown into matches at the game over screen because some baby rage quit.

EDIT: That's a good question. Collections historically have come out a week after the final drops come out for them, which means it would've come out today, but obviously that's not the case. Most likely it's coming out in July sometime though.
Thanks, I had looked around but I couldn't find anything on it.
Is it that hard to program it into your game that no one should be added to a game in the final 60 seconds?

For fucks sake Infinity Ward. Your fourth game this gen and I'm still getting thrown into matches at the game over screen because some baby rage quit.

I hate that they add players at the last minute in Infection.

Gorillaz

Technically that isn't the original IW team that started the series....

I think it's weighted more to join at the beginning/end of a match a.k.a. when the countdown timer is still going and when it already says Game Over/final kill. You don't get a loss either way for joining and it gets you a match just starting or a lobby. I think it started like 2 months ago when it started happening very often.

Now if i join and theres 1 minute left and score is lets say 6000-2000 in tdm or 180-20 in domination, then thats terrible. But if i join and it's showing final kill then i'm fine, because it gets me a lobby rather than having to join session, just to back out without choosing my class, so i don't receive a loss.

eek5

They should have it so you have nothing to lose if you join on the losing team w/ less than a minute left. Hell maybe even a huge XP bonus if you stick around and turn the game around. I am sure someone would find a way to exploit this and ruin it for everybody though.

It really sucks to join losing matches but on the flip side I'd probably hate it more if it didn't refill games that I'm doing well in (which happens way more often than new matchmaking)

BTW,

Going way back into the archives (since i saved a lot of tweets about Black Ops 2), i remember one about joining session lol and i just found this from December 23rd.

David Vonderhaar Twitter said:
Question: Any way i can choose to join games in session:

Answer: Technically, easy. We know it would result in lots of games that are ending via enemy team forfeitures, which equally sucks.

So as much as we bitch about it. Think about these scenarios:

1) You are playing a normal game. 1 guy quits. Lets say he had to go to work. Now you're playing 5 v. 6, which in my experience results in a loss the majority of the time in demolition even if it's like that for 30 seconds. Now imagine another person quits because his mom wants him to do something. Now, it's 4 v. 6 and then it becomes the domino effect because nobody wants to be on the team with less people until you are the only one left or your team has like 2 or 3 people and they have 6, and you KNOW nobody will join because joining session is off.

2) You are just stomping on people annihilating them with your awesome party, however you can't get a game that lasts more than 2-3 minutes because the other team just quits after getting destroyed. Your killstreaks just go to waste. You barely earn any points because you can't quit or you get a loss, yet you have to waste time running around a huge map searching for the 2 enemies game after game. Think about how much you've hated it in MW3/Blops/MW2 when you had a full party and you get enemy team forfeiting, or they all quit except for 1 or 2 people. I know it annoys me.

Also, after a forfeiture, there are no other players, so you end up going through matchmaking all over again trying to find a new lobby, having to wait ages for people to join your lobby if you have a big party.

So idk which side of the argument you like better, but there doesn't seem to a good to either side yet lol. In the modern warfare games, if you push B right after joining session without choosing your class, followed by START and then leave game, you don't get a loss anyway and you can just matchmake again. You get a loss if you do this in Blops though.

Moving on to another tweet....same day

David Vonderhaar Twitter said:
Question: Is it possible to prevent joining games that are halfway through or almost over?

Answer: Yes, but there is currently an unavoidable delay between the state of the game and matchmaking results. We have some ideas to incentivize you to finish a match joined in progress and not wrecking your stats for doing so. Be good citizens; finish games.

Xux

If there wasn't Join in Progress, I'd probably never see the end of an SnD round. I doubt I've literally ever played a game of SnD with the same 12 people in all the hundreds of games I played in MW2.

So blops2 MP trailer soon i guess, if we look at past reveals it is always around the start of August
David teased a new video on his FB page

http://www.facebook.com/DavidVonderhaar

That's exciting, but the full multiplayer reveal has always been the 1st week in september.
MW2 did it the last week in August i believe and that was just a short 10 min youtube vid.

So a trailer will show us new stuff and get us excited but we won't know all the details until the reveal, such as how exactly the 10 point allocation system will work etc..

So instead of making it so that the ACR/Type 95/MP7/PP90M1/Striker don't kill you in 2-3 bullets, they're making every gun do it.

Gee, that'll be loads of fucking fun.

2500 kills with the Model 1887...done.

Playing Hardcore TDM with that gun + range was the most fun I've had on this game.

Going to try either the Spaz or an LMG next. Or maybe the PM-9 needs some love...

Bollocks

Don't know whether I should prestige or not.
Would be my first ever in the series but I don't know. I like to mix it up once in a while but it's such a hassle to unlock everything again but at the same time it gets boring because you don't unlock anything anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Would be my first ever in the series but I don't know. I like to mix it up once in a while but it's such a hassle to unlock everything again but at the same time it gets boring because you don't unlock anything anymore.

Prestiges in this game are silly easy.

I would get tired of this game much more quickly if I never prestiged. I've always done it the first chance I had.

I've always respected those who prestiged, as it shows the person is not afraid of losing their favorite weapons. ;)

Top Bottom