• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty NEXT on Aug 28th

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My money is on a Nuketown remake. Book it.
It was the COD Direct they had this short clip

nggmwv9.png

clarky

Gold Member
Anything Warzone related here?
Should be. Hopefully they don't fuck up the integration like they did with Cold war.

I believe Verdansk is coming but not at launch. I only play Resurgence so not too fussed about that TBH. A new smaller map would be nice or at least a rework of the current ones on rotation.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I agree they don’t have the best track record but I’m still having a blast with mw3
MW3 is the best COD has been in ages. Hopefully they stick to 2 yearly cycles from now on because building on MWII and not hitting the reset has helped massively this year.

The only thing i worry about is Black ops might feel a bit bare bones no matter what when it launches due to the amount of content there currently is in the game.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
MW3 is the best COD has been in ages. Hopefully they stick to 2 yearly cycles from now on because building on MWII and not hitting the reset has helped massively this year.

The only thing i worry about is Black ops might feel a bit bare bones no matter what when it launches due to the amount of content there currently is in the game.
Launched with no,original maps and the worst campaign out of all the games

clarky

Gold Member
Launched with no,original maps and the worst campaign out of all the games
And? Anyone who plays COD will agree with me the game is in a great state just now. It has more content than the last 3 put together. There will be over 40, yes that's 40 6v6 maps alone come Wednesday in the game, a mix of good original new maps, classic MW maps and the best from 2019 and MWII. Hence why i said the game is better for not having a reset when it came out.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the campaign, they are always one and done forgettable affairs but nice to haves i suppose, MP is the main event and MW3 is fucking great.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

MW3 was supported by SH, that's the best thing about it

But all maps at launch were remakes, it's known this was supposed to be a dlc before it got turned into its own game. It was very unoriginal, only reason to play it was "hey we fixed the issues that IW didn't want to fix" - very boring concept. But yeah, credit to SH for supporting it hard

PS: also squad spawns are horrible

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
MW3 was supported by SH, that's the best thing about it

But all maps at launch were remakes, it's known this was supposed to be a dlc before it got turned into its own game. It was very unoriginal, only reason to play it was "hey we fixed the issues that IW didn't want to fix" - very boring concept. But yeah, credit to SH for supporting it hard

PS: also squad spawns are horrible
It was very unoriginal? if thats your complaint you are playing the wrong franchise.

Theres loads that could be improved, sbmm & squad spawns, like you said amongst other stuff. I never said it was perfect, i said its the best its been for a long time.

Edit: Im fully aware of the history behind the game btw.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

It was very unoriginal? if thats your complaint you are playing the wrong franchise.

Theres loads that could be improved, sbmm & squad spawns, like you said amongst other stuff. I never said it was perfect, i said its the best its been for a long time.

Edit: Im fully aware of the history behind the game btw.
Yes it's cod, it's going to feel like cod every year. But MW3 felt like something we played already, again, day 1 it was all the same maps we already know well

At least BO6 has original maps. And I much prefer Treyarch 3 lane maps and gameplay loop

clarky

Gold Member
Yes it's cod, it's going to feel like cod every year. But MW3 felt like something we played already, again, day 1 it was all the same maps we already know well

At least BO6 has original maps. And I much prefer Treyarch 3 lane maps and gameplay loop
Fair enough each to their own.

Again though i was talking about the spot the game is in now, not at launch.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Fair enough each to their own.

Again though i was talking about the spot the game is in now, not at launch.
Right. It's just they have to earn my time and money at the beginning, during beta. And if I do purchase, they need to earn it during preseason/season 1. Too many great games to have to wait for cod to get good 6 months down the line (by then it's time to look forward the next cod anyhow). My favorite cods were great day 1.

clarky

Gold Member
Right. It's just they have to earn my time and money at the beginning, during beta. And if I do purchase, they need to earn it during preseason/season 1. Too many great games to have to wait for cod to get good 6 months down the line (by then it's time to look forward the next cod anyhow). My favorite cods were great day 1.
Totally understandable.

I hated MWII after loving 2019 and thought 3 has been a nice middle ground from the off. I quite liked the old maps as id not played them in a very long time after taking a big break from COD until 2019. But i can see why others might not have liked it as much. Right now i have the best of all 3 with a bit of 2019 , 2 and 2.5 (if you will) all mashed together. And the seasonal content has been nothing short of stellar.

Hopefully this new blops delivers for us all. They've had 4 years and are making all the right noises so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Totally understandable.

I hated MWII after loving 2019 and thought 3 has been a nice middle ground from the off. I quite liked the old maps as id not played them in a very long time after taking a big break from COD until 2019. But i can see why others might not have liked it as much. Right now i have the best of all 3 with a bit of 2019 , 2 and 2.5 (if you will) all mashed together. And the seasonal content has been nothing short of stellar.

Hopefully this new blops delivers for us all. They've had 4 years and are making all the right noises so fingers crossed.
I hated MW 2019 and MW2, God those games were bad (in my opinion)

So that also left a bad taste in my mouth. I legit still played cold war, until XDefiant came out

clarky

Gold Member
I hated MW 2019 and MW2, God those games were bad (in my opinion)

So that also left a bad taste in my mouth. I legit still played cold war, until XDefiant came out
Cold war was decent enough, I have not played enough of XDefiant to form an opinion.

Maybe 6 will suit us both.

Mobilemofo

My money is on a Nuketown remake. Book it.
That old chestnut. That's not surprise.

It will be dinosaurs. Dinosaurs rampaging across the landscape in some sort of mental back to the future time Scape, whilst soldiers fight it out amongst the buildings being smashed and soldiers being flung to their deaths.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
That old chestnut. That's not surprise.

It will be dinosaurs. Dinosaurs rampaging across the landscape in some sort of mental back to the future time Scape.
I was taking the piss, its already confirmed as in the game.

Can't comment on your Dino theory though seems a little wild.

Mobilemofo

I was taking the piss, its already confirmed as in the game.

Can't comment on your Dino theory though seems a little wild.
You take the piss but I'd expect some form of remake for the map. It's appeared in different guides quite often over the decades.

Mobilemofo

Like i litterally just said its already confirmed as in the game.
I re-read my quote but alas, it was too late. Consider this my late appology.

Also, I wish they would make sticks and stones a standalone PSN game. That shit was awesome.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Shit was so good I first played it on Xbox and then bought it again on Steam, I'd like them to put Cold War on GP, i've heard good things about it.
Aye Cold war is pretty good. You'd think sticking it on GP in the run up to 6 would be a given. But then again this is MS we talking here

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
When is MW, Cold War etc campaigns gonna be on god damn gamepass

This. seriously, why is it taking so long. My only guess is, they are waiting for the price increase so they can justify by adding all these titles.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
This. seriously, why is it taking so long. My only guess is, they are waiting for the price increase so they can justify by adding all these titles.
I assume there's a chance that it's Sony's marketing deal with Activision having a clause that forbids the games appearing on a subscription service? That deal presumably is in effect for a year from the last game's release.

Mephisto40

Can't wait to see guys in chicken outfits running around shooting each other with guns that turn people into fried chicken

Oh wait, that already happened...

Top Bottom