• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Campbell Soup flavors coming to a Keurig Coffee brewer near you

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

JVfWjI7.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...ell-soup-pods-keurig-20130904,0,7497516.story

By Ricardo Lopez
3:20 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2013

Talk about corporate synergy: Campbell Soup Co. announced Wednesday it will start selling soup pods beginning next year that can be heated on Keurig brand coffee brewers.

The K-cups, as the pods are known, will have a broth inside that can be brewed over a packet of dry pasta and a "vegetable blend garnish," the company said in a joint statement with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc., the parent company of Keurig.

“This innovative partnership is a win for consumers and for both companies, and represents another important step as Campbell expands into higher-growth spaces,” said Denise Morrison, Campbell's chief executive.

How much do you know about frozen food?

The company said it's introducing the line of K-cup pods to meet growing consumer demand for quick snacking options.

According to the Associated Press, Morrison approached the executives of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, the maker of Keurig machines and coffee, at an event last year to pitch the idea.

“The union of Campbell’s great taste and the speed and convenience of Keurig invites new consumption occasions," said Brian P. Kelley, Green Mountain Coffee Roaster's chief executive. The move "positions both companies to better meet the growing snacking needs of consumers in the U.S."

The companies said in a joint statement that they expect to launch three varieties of the new soup, including a chicken broth and noodle soup. The K-cup pods will begin selling next year.

Ramen Keurig flavors are next right GAF?

Sp, do you need a separate machine? Because a bit of the liquid sticks around in those things. I certainly don't want coffee-tinged chicken noodle soup, or vice versa.

Keurig machines at work are pretty sweet, but I hope my colleagues don't use this shit.

Sp, do you need a separate machine? Because a bit of the liquid sticks around in those things. I certainly don't want coffee-tinged chicken noodle soup, or vice versa.

Keurig machines at work are pretty sweet, but I hope my colleagues don't use this shit.

Just running a cycle of only water usually cleans out any residual flavor in mine.

Well I'm already using my Keurig to boil water quickly for some Maruchan Cup Ramen; this is the next "logical" step for the machine.

My apartment keeps a keurig stocked every morning and I fear I might finally become a legit coffee drinker. It's just too easy to say no to.
More importantly its free

soultron

Banned
So how bad will this be for you? Interested in seeing nutritional information for the K-cup version versus a normal canned serving.

In my experience, coffee from a Keurig tastes really watered-down. Unless the people I know don't know how to use them properly.

And lol no. I'm not making soup with this thing.

lil smoke

Banned
I thought we were trying to be healthier? Damn one step forward 2 steps back.

Instant salt fix, too lazy to heat a friggin soup, too lazy to make a better lunch decision, create waste, difficult to clean, promote instant unhealthy solution, no need to use the brain to make a good choice.

explodet

My apartment keeps a keurig stocked every morning and I fear I might finally become a legit coffee drinker. It's just too easy to say no to.
More importantly its free
That's how they get you.
It's how they got me.

Mmm, triple grande salted caramel mocha.
Ugh. Just kill me now.

That's the secret plan - to get you to buy another machine.

In my experience, coffee from a Keurig tastes really watered-down. Unless the people I know don't know how to use them properly.

And lol no. I'm not making soup with this thing.

Gotta use the small cup option man, mine has three settings small, medium, and large and I always use the small. Tastes pretty damn awesome then.

Gotta use the small cup option man, mine has three settings small, medium, and large and I always use the small. Tastes pretty damn awesome then.

Ah I see. I've never actually used one myself. Just had other people make cups for me.

Kind of like getting hot chocolate out of a machine. Pull out the cup after the chocolate comes out but before the water.

Dizzle24

I just forwarded this article to my girlfriend; she told me she would leave me if I brought this abomination home.

KHarvey16

I feel like it would certainly be faster at least.

I really want to try this once even though it will almost certainly be gross.

Why would it be gross? It's really not any different than other instant soups with the little flavoring mix you stir into hot water.

Machine

So basically they took this:
1034-264814-brand_products_CAS_chicken_noodle.png

and separated the powdered broth from the freeze-dried pasta and vegetable fragments

-NeoTB1-

I don't see the benefit of this. It's just as easy for me open a can and either microwave it or heat it on my gas stove for a minute. Then again, I have become pretty disillusioned with my keurig of late. I'm finding that I prefer my old coffee maker more and more.

Leatherface

These machines create such a colossal amount waste and the coffee SUCKS ass. I hope this craze wears off after awhile. How hard is it to pour hot water in a cup of soup mix? Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom