• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Barely Breathe

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Watch out with these nasal sprays, even using them a bit for a few days can backfire badly.

Hard to resist though, it feels so good for a little while after using them :(
Yeah I mentioned that in my OP. It sucks because the phenylephrine spray is the only thing that works for me so far.

What happens if you overuse it is it can make the symptoms worse and/or recur so please be careful.

Kadayi

Banned
Already mentioned that. That's what Benardryl Allergy Plus is.

Forget the brand names, it's the actual ingredients that count. I get really bad hayfever for instance (not much fun when you live right near a public park either). Most over the counter antihistamines sold in the UK are all basically Cetrizine Hydrochloride ones, which does very little for me. However, You can find other ones based on other antihistamines like Loratadine or Fexofenadine for instance if you shop around bigger stores and I find that Loratadine works really well for me. The brand is just the manufacturer, not the actual core ingredients.

dyergram

Eating pineapple helps me spicy food as well. Mint shower gell and shampoo. Olbas oil on the pillow also the olbas inhalers are pretty good netti pot gets easier the more you do it as well. I wouldn’t use the nasal sprays all the time they can’t be healthy.

Cato

Banned
So, a few days ago I became severely congested. Since then I can barely breathe especially through my nose.

I've tried almost everything recommended....

Neti pot I had from last fall with the salt packets.... Very temp relief and I hate using it.

Saline spray doesn't help at all.

Benadryl Allergy Plus Decongestant.... No luck.

Horseradish gave me very temp relief.

Now, one thing that has worked very well is nasal spray with phenylephrine. A couple squirts in each nostril clears me up for an hour or so. The downfall is you can only use it every four hours and only a few days otherwise it could worsen symptoms.

I'm out of options here other than that spray. I've lost four nights of sleep due to not being able to breathe.

Any suggestions are welcome.

!'
This shit will clear your pipes. And make your ass look like the japaneese flag.
I LOVE hot chilli sauce, and I think ghost peppers are nice and mild snacks. I like the original Scorpion Strike.

But this baby is a completely different level. Even I struggle with it.
Get it and the pipes will be clean.
Just remember, when you eat or afterwards DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES!
The vapor gets onto your fingers. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES!

chitzy

Banned

but in all seriousness, I hope you get better. there's better advice in this thread than I could possibly give.

Susurrus

Know what cleared me up when I didn't even know I needed to be cleared up and definitely helped those that did know they needed it?

Tear gas. Fucking tear gas. Just be prepared for mucus and snot to go everywhere if you're in bad shape, it isn't pretty. It does get the job done, though.

That aside, gobs of wasabi always cleared my shit out.

Top Bottom