• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you see it? Sony inadvertently reveals the PS5 Pro design in the 30th anniversary logo

Nelly_Nel_7.1.3

Neo Member
Robin Thicke Get Hype GIF by The Masked Singer

Next week preorder begin!!!! I can not wait!

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
I pray it looks better than the hideous edgelord trash the PS5 design is. Great system, ugly console.

Do you really look at the Console more than the TV screen? I mean that's the reason why we get consoles. To play what's on the screen! Not look at how hideous the console may be to someone.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How many TFlops? 30?
If I remember correctly from the PS5 Pro thread, 30+ TF, but that uses a different metric. Apples to apples it's 17TF I think, but also with boosted RT capabilities and some of that auto sharpening feature.... PSSR or whatever is the equivalent of DLSS for a Sony console.

kevboard

Hopefully it is not glossy. It makes it look so cheap.

if they had a single guy working at the design department that actually looks at it from the user's perspective and not from a PR perspective, then they will make it completely matte this time, including the center black part.

woukd look way more "Pro" in my opinion as well

Thirsty ass…I’m convinced some of y’all don’t work and just search forums, Twitter, Facebook, and random internet images for anything you can imagine up. 🤦‍♂️😂

thirsty hamster GIF

Last edited:
Do you really look at the Console more than the TV screen? I mean that's the reason why we get consoles. To play what's on the screen! Not look at how hideous the console may be to someone.
No, but what the hell kind of response is that? My TV isn't on 24/7 and it's an eyesore.

jcorb

I really hope the console doesn't look stupid.

I do kind of respect the PS5 design for being a little weird, but it just looks kind of hideous.

I mostly hope it keeps a disc drive, though. No way it would happen, but I would seriously love a model with added backwards compatibility for older discs.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Even though I wish it had a completely different design, this is one hell of a cool way to use all the same faceplates and Disk drive attachments.

I just want this to be announced so we can finally take a look at certain games come later this year like Silent Hills 2 remake and AC:Shadows running on it

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why are Sony so weird about showcases

Obviously that graphic was made and a Pro reveal was supposed to have happened already

Honestly, Like another poster mentioned and I agree'd I think the Pro's marketing would have heavily revolved around Concord and they have had to pivot last minute to change it all.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Honestly, Like another poster mentioned and I agree'd I think the Pro's marketing would have heavily revolved around Concord and they have had to pivot last minute to change it all.
I think Sony didn't want to take any oxygen out of the room to let Astrobot breathe and didn't want all the gaming sites covering the pro

They still may have thought Concord would have been a monster and focused the pro on it I just mean by the timing of waiting until after Astro launched

Zacfoldor

So who has a slim?

I assume the lines on the slim were to better blend in the modular disc drive because otherwise they just ugly it up. Is that true?

Could lines on the Pro mean it also will have an SKU with modular disc drive(not to say the disc drive might not come bundled with the device)?

I'm just trying to figure out if I can better prepare myself for this thing. I'm still scarred from the PS5 launch.

Kdad

I still remember fondly the Sony Moustache™
sruMJef.jpeg

The Sony Boomerang™ and Donut™ combo
FMAr3gs.jpeg

and the Sony Handheld Klaxon™
nJ2MFGu.jpeg
The right angle is the PS1 4 player expander no? The circle is the current adaptive controller?

Toots

Gold Member
The right angle is the PS1 4 player expander no? The circle is the current adaptive controller?
I've got absolutely no idea...
I think the klaxon is somekind of VR accessory because it is laying on a psvr helmet in the poster

tooevil

**PS5 Pro Incoming!**
Mark Cerny’s about to drop some *serious tech bombs* on us with the PS5 Pro.

basically, your PS5 is about to feel like a PS3. Grab your popcorn, this is gonna be good! 🎮

digdug2

So who has a slim?

I assume the lines on the slim were to better blend in the modular disc drive because otherwise they just ugly it up. Is that true?

Could lines on the Pro mean it also will have an SKU with modular disc drive(not to say the disc drive might not come bundled with the device)?

I'm just trying to figure out if I can better prepare myself for this thing. I'm still scarred from the PS5 launch.
I am assuming the lines are there (at least on the bottom) to easily attach/detach the disc drive and make it modular. The Pro should be just as modular as the slim and it'll probably use the same disc drive.
6tm0vHN.jpeg
nFReLz9.jpeg

Top Bottom