• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you tell which smile is fake or real?(test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
19/20

It's all in the eyes.

I did think it was some sort of dodgy haircut contest for a minute though.

fausty

rad test - i got 17/20 by just clicking on "real" if they blink when smiling. normally when people fake smiles, they're concentrating so much they don't blink.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
15/20

And I took the test speed style. I answered most before the little clip was finishing then clicked next right away.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
18/20. It's not their eyes or whether or not they blink, it's the muscles under and around their eyes that gives it away. When a person tries to smile on their own they may do well enough shaping their mouth, but when a real smile is invoked in a person their whole face is involved.

If you're going to fake a smile, fake a reason to smile. ;)

17/20

The BBC chose the goofiest fucking people for this test. #13 had to be the most androgynous person I've ever seen. At first I thought it was a woman, but that strong jaw makes it hard to tell.

EDIT: haha, I finally got a tag. Bishop, I'm guessing?

SickBoy

I got 16/20, but I completely missed one. I guess I accidentally hit play or something... so all I got to see was a still of an unsmiling face.

-SB

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
17/20, and also missed one due to a movie player glitch.

And number 13 will haunt my nightmares for months to come...

I'm good with faces. I never forget a face and I can easily recognize features but as for smiles, I guess that's a different story.
13/20 :(

There are some hideos people in that.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'm not understanding... if using your muscles to smile is a fake smile then I don't think I've ever had a real smile in my life. the hell is a real smile? Its all just using muscles...

... or I've never had a fake smile... fuck I dunno.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
16/20. one of them didn't move for me though. gutted.

Damn, number 13 is all kinds of erotic.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Hitokage said:
18/20. It's not their eyes or whether or not they blink, it's the muscles under and around their eyes that gives it away. When a person tries to smile on their own they may do well enough shaping their mouth, but when a real smile is invoked in a person their whole face is involved.

If you're going to fake a smile, fake a reason to smile. ;)

19/20 What Hito said. The clenching of the muscles under and to the sides of the eyes is what I look for.

nitewulf

16/20..eyes and also the way the people stopped smiling was a giveaway. natural smiles have a natual stop as opposed to forced smiles.

Raxel

18/20, I mostly looked at where the eyes and how the person returned from the "smile" state to normal. I got 14 and 17 wrong.

Edit: Didn't see the above post, heh

Nos_G

19/20

the 3rd guy threw me off with his eyes
... but yeah some of those ppl have freaky haircuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom