• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada: Lots of Nintendo deals at Staples, Target, Walmart, and Superstore

I was out yesterday and bumped into various stores and saw some killer deals.

At Staples I saw:

LoZ Skyward Sword with the CD Wii $40
New Super Mario Bros. U Wii U $20
Super Mario Galaxy Wii $15
Wii Sports $15
Fossil Fighters 1 DS $10
Mass Effect 3 Wii U $20
Ghost Squad Wii $10

Even better, they're holding a extra sale where you get an additional 25% off clearance items of which all games seemed to be. Zombi U is on their site listed for $10 and Wind Waker HD as well as Wii Party U for $30, and New Super Luigi U for $10.

At Target, I saw:

Mario Kart DS $20
Super Mario 64 DS $20
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity 3DS for a bit over $8
Lego City Undercover 3DS $15
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U $20

Also at various Walmart and Superstores you will see some bins full of $8 games. I saw the following at those prices:

Walmart:

Madworld Wii
COD: Modern Warfare DS
COD: World at War Wii
007 Legends Wii U
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions DS

Superstore:

Shinobi 3DS
Spectrobes 1 DS
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Wii

As a bonus for non-Nintendo folks, I also saw Lumines Vita for $4.50 at Toys R Us, and COD Black Ops: Declassified on Vita for $30 which comes with a free code for COD Roads to Victory PSP at Staples. The Staples site also shows PlayStation All-Stars Vita for $10 and MLB 13 The Show Vita for $10 as well. Also they had 8GBVita cards at $20, while that's technically common, with the clearance sale they're $15.

So if you're out and near these stores, take a look, obviously (especially Target) your mileage may vary.

By the way I want to point out that there are FAR more games at these sales, I just listed the ones that caught my eye.

Local Staples had Mario 3D World for $30 and Tropical Freeze for $35. Theyre really clearing out their stock

Ooh. Will grab Donkey Schlong if I can find it. It wasn't at the location I was (BUT 3D World was and it was mislabled as was NSMBU).

Hopefully I can find it before the 25% sale ends, don't remember, but it was a nice window IIRC.

YMMV warning: Staples is getting out of games, so it's all clearance and varies by store. I did see a place with Wii U Deluxe at 229, and PS3 at 129; Target is 50% off "100s of games", but some stores have less than 10, and what goes on sale depends on the manager.

YMMV warning: Staples is getting out of games, so it's all clearance and varies by store. I did see a place with Wii U Deluxe at 229, and PS3 at 129; Target is 50% off "100s of games", but some stores have less than 10, and what goes on sale depends on the manager.

Where did you see the PS3 for $129?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna stop by Staples tomorrow after work (or maybe even on my lunch break). I definitely want in on this.

Staples Markham (Hwy7/Woodbine), over the weekend, IIRC:
1x Wii U Deluxe (original) 229
1x Vita (original) 129
2x PS3 (12GB super slim) 129
2x Wii (mini) 49
2x 3DS (og) 79?

And a bunch of games.

DAMN! I managed to get a Staples to hold a 12GB PS3 for me to pick up tomorrow by closing. They also have a 4GB 360 for $99 which they're holding as well but it's open box.

Thing is, beware, it seems the 25% extra off wasn't for gaming stuff, so some might do it like the one I went to yesterday (they did it no prob), but this location said they weren't. I'll check around to see if I can find another location that has both a PS3 and 360 and are doing the extra discount.

Just bought the PS3 for $129, AND also a 500GB Clickfree External HDD for $30!!! (this actually got the 25% discount so it was $40 prior) at Staples!

Also a head's up, the 4GB 360 that's $99 is actually the original slim model from 2010, NOT the newest one.

Top Bottom