• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Zing

Banned
Tempted to throw in the towel. Wonder if I can flip Wave 1-3 sealed complete NA for something... :/
Are you just in it for the complete sealed collection? That stopped being worthwhile to me after wave 3 as well. Everything up to that point was easy. I had ready convinced myself that it was a silly idea when I realized it would cost about $800 at MSRP. Maybe just wait until summer when people are unloading everything they couldn't flip or just lose interest once they reach their goal. I bet you will see some "please help me not regret all that money I wasted on sealed figurines and buy my full set for cost".

I could see wanting to completely bail out if I didn't use them. I actually use the things for gameplay, though. Fortunately, the ones I really want came early in the series. I was happy to sell off the others and made 10x what I paid even though most were opened.

I'm having fun with the ones I decided to keep. I just wish they didn't level up so easily. Once they get to around level 25, I have trouble winning! My "collection" will be 16 figures in total after Palutena hits and I am done. I wanted to have a few teams of 4 to play with. It feels weird to use just regular CPU opponents now.

Team Mario: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach
Team Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina
Team Pokemon: Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Pikachu
Team Heroic: Link, Zelda, Pit, Palutena

tiijj

Are you just in it for the complete sealed collection? That stopped being worthwhile to me after wave 3 as well. Everything up to that point was easy. I had ready convinced myself that it was a silly idea when I realized it would cost about $800 at MSRP. Maybe just wait until summer when people are unloading everything they couldn't flip or just lose interest once they reach their goal. I bet you will see some "please help me not regret all that money I wasted on sealed figurines and buy my full set for cost".

The bad thing is that the total cost is more now because of the price increase. I hope they don't increase it any further.

espher

I've got a sealed collection (for display) and an open collection for use. I have everything from Wave 1-3 & SMS in duplicate except for an open Gold Mario and an open Rosalina.

I decided going into Wave 4 to just get 'what I can', but 'what I can' is rapidly turning into 'Splatoon and that's it', so, the appeal is fading since Wave 4 is actually the Wave I wanted the most amiibo from for use.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Wave 4 has some of my favorite characters (Lucina, Ness, Pacman...), but it's almost impossible to get many of them. It's incredibly frustrating and I can't believe Nintendo is letting that happen.

I'm in the same boat, I just wanted a few from each wave but it's insane even trying to do that. I don't want to blow $50 just to import one amiibo that I open anyways, the only sealed one I have is gold mario lol. I even opened my NA rosalina/villager/wii fit trainer because I wasn't aiming for a collection of packages. I am really getting discouraged with how fail Nintendo is with stocking and retail with communicating.

We really shouldn't need to be watching these sites all bloody day every day just in case we get the privilege of buying them (and getting it cancelled on us anyways).

i-Jest

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Robin and Lucina were back up on Walmart but NOT Jiggly Puff?

Robin and Lucina are shared among the other retailers. So far, Jiggly Puff has only be available at Wal-Mart. Perhaps Jiggly will indeed be available at other retailers and people just ordered crazy amounts of her (him?) depleting Walmart's stock. Though...why wouldn't people have ordered crazy amounts of Lucina and Robin?

Only time will tell I guess. Was it official that Wal-mart in Canada would have exclusivity over Jiggly Puff?

OH SHIT! A unicorn.

ohlawd

mr. mime?

I thought u were trying to say that they found some leak stuff that has a space for pokemon amiibo lol

ahhhhh crap you're right. to be fair, Mr. Mime is a dipshit name, especially when 2nd gen happened and it's a 50/50 male/female ratio. you gotta let me go with that one

We were able to checkout with Best Buy around midnight last night. People in the LINE group got though.

Hilarious they didn't fix it.

Wait? They allowed more people to checkout? Were you able to get another order in? Or was it capped at one per household? (I don't think I'd even risk it).

jholmes

So the Ness I ordered from Amazon.uk just shipped (or "dispatched" as they say) which is annoying because I have one lined up at EB. I was going to cancel the British pre-order but I figured I had tons of time. Hopefully I can find someone interested in covering the cost.

mdubs

Banned
So the Ness I ordered from Amazon.uk just shipped (or "dispatched" as they say) which is annoying because I have one lined up at EB. I was going to cancel the British pre-order but I figured I had tons of time. Hopefully I can find someone interested in covering the cost.

I don't think you'll have much trouble flipping it, especially with more than a month before it comes out here

Yeah, plenty of folks here that probably want that.

Anyway my Pac-man also shipped. .ca date is still a month away

Sealtest

So after a full 5 days I can finally log into my Best Buy account. I don't think i'll try forcing a check out again.

I'd do it again for ZSS.

Aerocia

Amazon UK sent me an e-mail saying they won't have stock of the amiibo I ordered (Ness and Robin) until June. :( They offered £4 credit.

GunFalcon

so far...

EB Games -walk in-
Robin = Cancelled
Lucina = Cancelled

Amazon UK
Robin = Delayed/Cancelled
Lucina = Delayed/ Cancelled

Walmart.Ca
Robin = Fingers crossed
Lucina = Fingers crossed.....

sigh thirst is so real for these FE amiibos

zroid

Banned
Best Buy's thoughts: "Wow, these fucking idiots were so desperate for these dumb toys they're trying to brute force their way into ordering shit that is clearly supposed to be unavailable to purchase."

jitterbug

Neo Member
Best Buy's thoughts: "Wow, these fucking idiots were so desperate for these dumb toys they're trying to brute force their way into ordering shit that is clearly supposed to be unavailable to purchase."

Lol...This whole wave has been insane. I thought things were getting crazy before but, it's starting to go to the next level. Apparently this same thing happened with Gold Mario when he originally went up about 4 days before orders officially took place.

Zing

Banned
I preordered Ness from Japan just because it would arrive here a couple weeks before release and I could pass it along to someone else. You will have no problem recovering your costs.

Top Bottom