• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

jitterbug

Neo Member
Bestbuy gamers club just made a tweet about the situation, they are still saying they will let us know when preorders are up

Also posted a notice in the forums.

"Wave 4 amiibo stock has not been affected. Yes, there was a technical situation discovered and it is currently being addressed with all those directly affected via an email communication. Check your inboxes if necessary for full detail."

mdubs

Banned
Bestbuy gamers club just made a tweet about the situation, they are still saying they will let us know when preorders are up

2700a132e3.png

Maximus.

I am not surprised Best Buy are cancelling orders that got in by spamming the site before the items are available.

This Amiibo hunting business is pissing me off, the window for ordering is so small now. I got Ness, Charizard and Pac-Man ordered, but no dice on Lucina and Robin (though I don't care as much for Robin). Also want Greninja, but with it being exclusive to Toys R Us, not keeping my hopes up.

stolin

Booooo !!!

April 23, 2015

Dear customer,

On your recent visit to Bestbuy.ca you placed an order for amiibo Super Smash Bros Lucina Figure. Unfortunately due an internal error the item you purchased was sold out at the time and not available for sale or pre-order. As such, we will be cancelling your order as permitted under our website policies.

Zing

Banned
Thanks for reminding me that I need to return all my Gold Marios to Walmart. I also had stocked up on Super Mario Bowser, since it seemed rare for about a day.

I was really surprised with Gold Mario, I missed out on him from walmart which I thought was the exclusive place for him, and ended up getting him from ebgames.ca that one instance he showed up there.

I think this round if I can't grab Robin/Lucina from Bestbuy, I won't bother pursuing them, it's really hard to gauge what will happen with stock when release is still some time from now.

I give up on Jigglynuts and Greninja, unless I happen upon them they are now dead to me lol. Too much stress, even though I might be close to getting an entire wave for the first time >_<

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm totally screwed for this wave :( The only preorder I have now is for Pac-Man, Splatoon 3 pack and Lucina from yesasia. :(

Nintendo really knows how to avoid money. If I miss this preorder window from bestbuy.ca I'm gonna call them up and have them manually re add my order in. I work for the damn company too! :mad:

I'm totally screwed for this wave :( The only preorder I have now is for Pac-Man, Splatoon 3 pack and Lucina from yesasia. :(

Nintendo really knows how to avoid money. If I miss this preorder window from bestbuy.ca I'm gonna call them up and have them manually re add my order in. I work for the damn company too! :mad:

Which company? BB? Nintendo?

levyjl1988

Banned
Which company? BB? Nintendo?

Best Buy Canada

Stock allocations though are prioritized on bestbuy.ca
That's why we never got any Metaknights in retail stores or any Rosalina's.
(Thankfully I preordered them from amazon.fr and amazon.de to just get them, but now that doesn't seem to be the option now. If anything preorder windows can last as much as less than 3 min and you would have to be already registered, F5ing, and have it already added to your cart with super lightning keyboard dexterity, otherwise people would steal it from your cart and checkout with it.)

If anything my home store gets all the uncommons. The only rare characters we ever got was 3 WFT, 2, Marth's, 2 Villagers at launch but quickly sold out and 4 Lil Mac's.
We got a ton of phone reserves, not enough to appease everyone and we had to reject orders.

I'm really weary about Lucina and Robin especially. My backup is yesasia, but if they fail I'll be might pissed. I check inventory at a daily basis at my store when the truck comes in.

So much addiction to amiibos. :(

otherwise people would steal it from your cart and checkout with it.)

This is what's wrong with SO many of these websites. The fact you can have items in your cart, and have them snatched away from you by someone who's not having site problems. I honestly don't get it. If I buy tickets from Ticketmaster, there's probably a 10 minute window there that allows me to complete the order. They can't be snatched from me. I wish other sites were the same.

So apparently Walmart had Lucina and Robin up again a few hours ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/33p4bk/walmart_go_go_go_go/

THEORIES ON WAVE 4

Wario will be harder to find in the end. Reason. He's got a SMB amiibo coming out. Nintendo wouldn't make hoards of Smash Warios if another one is due out shortly afterwards. That being said, there's a chance that the SMB ends up being the short in quantity. But with the Smash design being game specific, I suspect the default figure to be more common.

Lucina and Robin won't be as hard to find as people are fearing. I think panic is set in and people who would have normally waited for these to release in stores, are jumping on pre-orders for 1) fear they'll sell out 2) think they'll be valuable for trades or 3) think they'll have value on the aftermarket.

Jiggly Puff will not be exclusive to Walmart. Correct me if I'm wrong. Neither Jiggly Puff or Greninja were originally revealed when wave 4 was first announced. It was only after the last direct, correct? With Canada not having a Target, and retailers being unsure what they'll be getting for stock, I think Walmart just put up a "safe" quantity to sell. If Robin and Lucina, two characters that are shared between all retailers, are popping up over and over, and Jiggly Puff still has not, there's no way that it's Exclusive to Walmart. The only other explanation (if it is exclusive) is that people ordered ridiculous amounts of Jiggly Puff stripping Walmart of all it's stock. The only wildcard here is Amazon who's almost always the first to put stuff up for order. Amazon were first with Rosie, but then again, if I remember correctly, there were problems fulfilling those Rosie orders. It's possible they decided to wait until they know what they're getting.

mdubs

Banned

THEORIES ON WAVE 4

Lucina and Robin won't be as hard to find as people are fearing. I think panic is set in and people who would have normally waited for these to release in stores, are jumping on pre-orders for 1) fear they'll sell out 2) think they'll be valuable for trades or 3) think they'll have value on the aftermarket.

I personally doubt this, I think it's more just a sign of Walmart being cautious with their allowance of preorders rather than a significant supply. Especially considering some EB Games aren't even getting a single of each, I wouldn't think that Lucina and Robin will be relatively accessible to find.

I personally doubt this, I think it's more just a sign of Walmart being cautious with their allowance of preorders rather than a significant supply. Especially considering some EB Games aren't even getting a single of each, I wouldn't think that Lucina and Robin will be relatively accessible to find.

I would suspect that Walmart would get more stock then EBGames.

Begbie

So apparently Walmart had Lucina and Robin up again a few hours ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/33p4bk/walmart_go_go_go_go/

THEORIES ON WAVE 4

Amiibros: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

DeathByBacklog: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Amiibros: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Zing

Banned
I know this is The Internet and all, but there is an extreme sense of entitlement and hate in those reddit posts.

Well my online order for NESS is safe

Lucina/Rob not safe in store was to far down (thats okay I was able to nab it on amazon) splatoon 3 pack is safe in store (eb games)

but yeah the dude told me he doesn't know whats going on with lucina/rob, he was really nice about it

with these nintendo things i come with an open mind i don't really care if i don't get certain ones anymore because it can really stress you the hell out

hell maybe if i get the extra ness i'll trade it for lucina or something.

I know this is The Internet and all, but there is an extreme sense of entitlement and hate in those reddit posts.

Precisely why I stopped posting there. I lurk for any alerts but that is it.

So much hate, salt, personal attacks, scalpers, etc.

The place is an unmoderated mess.

I was at the SDM near my work (Winnipeg underground mall) and they had some amiibos. Only 1 of each of first series Mario, Luigi and peach.

tiijj

Precisely why I stopped posting there. I lurk for any alerts but that is it.

So much hate, salt, personal attacks, scalpers, etc.

The place is an unmoderated mess.

It has been like that for quite a while. The current amiibo situation is just ridiculous, it's getting from bad to worst with each wave.

People are so tense, it's not like nintendo won't produce some more, this is a big success for them.

levyjl1988

Banned
This is what's wrong with SO many of these websites. The fact you can have items in your cart, and have them snatched away from you by someone who's not having site problems. I honestly don't get it. If I buy tickets from Ticketmaster, there's probably a 10 minute window there that allows me to complete the order. They can't be snatched from me. I wish other sites were the same.

I e-mailed the CEO of amazon about this and got a shitty generic reply from one of his lower men.

I complained about a more detailed product page for Blu-ray movies which would include options like:
w/ slipcover instead of guessing if it didn't include it or not.

I complained about when you add an item to your cart it would be reserved for a set period as you input your credit card info and shipping. It's such a pain when it's in stock when you added it into your cart and by the time you check out with all your info it's sold out.

Another complaint is letting consumers know ahead of time when a preorder page goes up so one can prepare for it. Instead we get a shitty 2 min window before everything becomes sold out. I really hate this.

Amiibos are responsible for the most amount of cancelled preorders ever.
I mean you are FUCKING CANCELLING PREORDERS. FUCKING PREORDERS. PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GIVE YOU FUCKING MONEY AND AS A COMPANY THEY SAY NO.
This alone boggles my mind.

Usually the customer is the one who cancels their preorder because the game is gonna be shit. But instead we are seeing a reversal. The thing isn't out yet though we want to guarantee a copy for our personal use.

What's worse with companies is when we pay ahead of time our deposit and then all of a sudden they cancel our order. Hopefully yesasia is able to fulfill my order and it will be really late when it happens.

All Wave 4 but Jiggly keep popping back up for a very short time at Walmart.ca! Was able to grab Lucina and Robin. Lucina came back up twice in the last 30-45 minutes.

Top Bottom