• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Well shit, slept right through that lmao. If anyone thinks they might be getting an extra jigglypuff let me know! I may have an extra Robin or Lucina

Drat missed it.

At this point I think that even if Nintendo increased production it would still sell out. Gold Mario and Toad aren't rare yet I haven't seen them on any retail store shelves.

slayer_x57

Neo Member
Bummer, work gets in the way yet again... Here's hoping in-store gets some Jigglypuff, otherwise I'm out of luck (well, import or scalpers :/). Congratulations to those who got orders for Jigglypuff in!

Ok so here's the complete list:

Byron Bluth:
- Jigglypuff
- Robin
- Lucina

DeathByBacklog:
- Jigglypuff

tiijj:
- Jigglypuff

jitterbug:
- Jigglypuff

stolin:
- Jigglypuff

Duran:
- Jigglypuff

oilers1994:
- Jigglypuff EU

Thanks Reddish. And yeah I'll let you know the moment I'm able to secure one myself.

Really wish we had some kind of info regarding Jiggly Puff. Is it officially a WalMart only exclusive? Why has it not shown up at any other retailer? And why would WalMart not take GM as exclusive (when it was in the states) and yet take on Jiggly Puff? So many questions. No answers.

jitterbug

Neo Member
Thanks Reddish. And yeah I'll let you know the moment I'm able to secure one myself.

Really wish we had some kind of info regarding Jiggly Puff. Is it officially a WalMart only exclusive? Why has it not shown up at any other retailer? And why would WalMart not take GM as exclusive (when it was in the states) and yet take on Jiggly Puff? So many questions. No answers.

I remember reading that Wal-mart Canada is generally tougher to deal with than Wal-mart US. They all operate independently of each other. It's possible they refused to do an exclusive for Gold Mario due to the cost and then realized how much money they ended up losing out on by not making the deal. They may have swooped in and took Jiggly Puff to test the waters. Like you, still waiting for an official announcement on the matter at least in terms of exclusivity.

Zing

Banned
I'm 13 minutes late and there's no Fire Emblem amiibos... What the actual fuck. I know I said that many times, but the amiibo situation is RIDICULOUS. Holy shit...
If the stock was just a bit higher to deter scalping, then everyone could get what they want. These only sell out so fast because people know they can resell.

I'll just hope that Jigglypuff is another Gold Mario situation. Common as dirt.

mugwhump

Aww man, I gave Byron my display name, not my line ID ;_;

Well, I hope whoever's got the mugwhump ID enjoyed their amiibo alert, lol.

Zing

Banned
I was annoyed until I realized that Jigglypuff went out of stock within minutes. There's no way I would have caught that time window.

stolin

Hey it's an amiibo thing > it will always go on sale at the most inconvenient time

I stepped up and walked to the kitchen to microwave my lunch and by the time I returned it was all over....

I swear, there just needs to be one drop, then...
blood-in-water_large.jpg

i-Jest

It's cool. In the end I didn't even really want Jiggle Puff. It's Greninja that I really want. I have a feeling that ones gonna be hard to get that Lucario on launch day.

Holy shit what is going on at ebgames.

So I mentioned this earlier but I was in 2nd line at the store on the long weekend for opening.

Last week, got a call about picking one or the other. Argued, lost, only have one preorder remaining. Fine, whatever.

Got a call yesterday. Talking about the "order in which the list was sorted when calling people". Alphabetical versus time stamp. That same issue from the other week that was posted on reddit. So I got a call from the district manager telling me my stuff was canceled because my name is pretty high on the list alphabetically, and thus "during the incorrect sort, you were incorrectly put high on the list."

I told him I have a receipt with a timestamp on it that shows me second in line. (5 minutes after store open). And that my name order really doesn't mean anything in this case.

He told me the storage manager said my order was far later in the day. And that he now has conflicting information from the store manager and me. I offered to send a scan of my receipt but he said he'd call me back in a day or two to get things sorted out.

How fucking incompetent is this shit? I didn't let them cancel the second one. This is entirely ridiculous at this point.

levyjl1988

Banned
Lucina looks pretty good

CDHrmEjWEAAw3Xx.jpg

How are these being released early? Hopefully I get a really good painted one. I preordered at Bestbuy.ca and Yesasia. Hopefully one comes to my liking in paint job. As long as the face is good, I could care less about the others.

tiijj

How are these being released early? Hopefully I get a really good painted one. I preordered at Bestbuy.ca and Yesasia. Hopefully one comes to my liking in paint job. As long as the face is good, I could care less about the others.

Some retailers broke street date in EU.

Hopefully my JP ones doesn't have any defects as well. I can't wait for it to be release next week too bad amazon jp doesn't break street date lol.

SMOG-097

Neo Member
It's cool. In the end I didn't even really want Jiggle Puff. It's Greninja that I really want. I have a feeling that ones gonna be hard to get that Lucario on launch day.

Yup, I think so too ... more players playing the game (as wannabes see the scalping prices) with the same quantities being delivered. I walked in at opening to get a Lucario, there was a small line which took 3/4s of the inventory immediately.

I suspect this time there will be more lined up than inventory to be had.

GodGui

Neo Member
I don't trust pre-orders at any locations now. I've had cancellations from Amazon, Walmart, FS and EB at different times for different items. Until it's in my hands, I assume I don't have one yet.

Exactly how I feel... It starts to be ridiculously hard to get preorders. With the EB Games fiasco and the 5-10 mins window to order at Walmart.ca, I really hope the BB "hack" will work.

i-Jest

Yup, I think so too ... more players playing the game (as wannabes see the scalping prices) with the same quantities being delivered. I walked in at opening to get a Lucario, there was a small line which took 3/4s of the inventory immediately.

I suspect this time there will be more lined up than inventory to be had.

There were like 5 people before me when I lined up for Lucario. I felt relieved as FUCK when I got a reservation ticket. It's scary how difficult collecting these things is getting so close to the end of Smash Amiibo's.

tiijj

There were like 5 people before me when I lined up for Lucario. I felt relieved as FUCK when I got a reservation ticket. It's scary how difficult collecting these things is getting so close to the end of Smash Amiibo's.

The bad thing is that some of the commons back then are getting rarer.

Damn it, help me nintendo!!! I need samus and donkey kong. lol

I don't trust pre-orders at any locations now. I've had cancellations from Amazon, Walmart, FS and EB at different times for different items. Until it's in my hands, I assume I don't have one yet.

Yeah, tell me about it. Cancellations everywhere. What a shitshow.

Did speak to the DM from ebgames about my story above, he reconfirmed my preorder is fine, and that I was correct, my place as second at least insures me a Robin.

I too won't believe this until it's actually in hand. Ugh.

i-Jest

The bad thing is that some of the commons back then are getting rarer.

Damn it, help me nintendo!!! I need samus and donkey kong. lol

I bought Samus and Kirby sometime in January knowing that would happen. Never really cared to have DK but bought Diddy on a whim.

Top Bottom