• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Ondore

So will Walmart ship-to-store or FlexDelivery be an option on Boxing Day? I'd be down for an amiibo for ten bucks + tax (hello, Sonic), but I think they charge $6 for shipping under $50.

zroid

Banned
So will Walmart ship-to-store or FlexDelivery be an option on Boxing Day? I'd be down for an amiibo for ten bucks + tax (hello, Sonic), but I think they charge $6 for shipping under $50.
you should be able to ship to post office for free still... I think

i-Jest

So now that we're approaching the end of Smash Amiibo, does anyone think a future line can rival the popularity, and drive the Amiibo brand, like Smash Amiibo? Does Pokemon have the potential?

Ondore

Snagged Sonic + Zero Suit Samus. The former to show support for the Sonic Twitter account, the latter in case I need it for the 2016 GOTY.

Did Canada amiibo-GAF receive any amiibo related gifts?

I got Robin, Lucina, and Jigglypuff (shipped from Australia, no doubt), so I'm quite thankful for that :]

No one has a good recommendation for where to get a Lucario amiibo, do they?

It's like they're suddenly disappearing off of the face of the planet, and I'm not keen on things like eBay or Kijiji :/

Ondore

So the US was putting up Shovel Knight earlier (Amazon, Best Buy). Did it pop up anywhere in Canada, or should I hold tight with the one I preordered off amazon.ca?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Uuuuuuurgh. I got the "infinite loading" when trying to add an item to cart yet again. Why does this bug happen at the worst moment?! Goddamn I hate Best Buy's website.

Sora_N

$18 for Shovel Knight? Bah

I've heard the quality is lower than other amiibo too...

Kicks looks awesome as heck

He's the only one that stands out to me. The first wave was strong for AC and I got them all. I don't have interest in the wave 2 ones.

Wonder if they'll do villagers..but there's so many lol.

Ondore

Bah, Shovel Knight already sold out. Oh well, I've got an Amazon order. Got Lucas, though.

(God, I hope Project Giant Robot doesn't have a retail release.)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Finally managed to get Lucas! Tried to get Shovel Knight for free shipping too, but for some reason they had they weird "no shipping to Québec" on this one, and by the time I managed to circumvent it it was already sold out. Oh well, at least I managed to get Lucas (...if they didn't oversell it!).

(God, I hope Project Giant Robot doesn't have a retail release.)

And I hope Project Guard won't either! :p

It's tempting to preorder Lucas at BB, but if Mewtwo was any sign of things to come, there will be plenty of Lucas to go around, so I can save the shipping fees by just going into a store

ahdurian

as much as I love Shovel Knight, I don't think I'm going to buy the Amiibo
I told myself I'd only buy the Smash line, and trying to stick to that =/

Ondore

Looks like Shovel Knight is delayed to next week sometime: TRU is saying it, and Walmart is only opening preorders Friday online.

Amazon has a page ready for Lucas and the rest of the 1/22 wave but nothing on them yet. EB opened preorders in store today.

Is the Animal Crossing wave as overstocked as it seems, or am I crazy?

Renewed

Looks like Shovel Knight is delayed to next week sometime: TRU is saying it, and Walmart is only opening preorders Friday online.

Amazon has a page ready for Lucas and the rest of the 1/22 wave but nothing on them yet. EB opened preorders in store today.

Is the Animal Crossing wave as overstocked as it seems, or am I crazy?

I visited Best Buy and EB Games in the past week. Animal Crossing as far as the eye could see. It's ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I found a standalone japanese Duck Hunt for $19 (incl. shipping) on Amazon! I'm so glad the amiibo craziness is winding down and I can get the characters I was interested in without paying crazy prices (though I must admit I profited a bit from the madness...).

I found a standalone japanese Duck Hunt for $19 (incl. shipping) on Amazon! I'm so glad the amiibo craziness is winding down and I can get the characters I was interested in without paying crazy prices (though I must admit I profited a bit from the madness...).

I almost completely agree with you here, but this past week I've been struggling to find a decently priced Lucario. There aren't any. He's become a unicorn all over again, and with the second restock of him already behind us, there's slim chances that I can pick him up from a local retailer.

On a different note, how prolific are the stand alone Chibi Robo amiibos? Found one after visiting a Walmart the other day, but I haven't seen them anywhere else

Did Shovel Knight come out on Friday, or was it delayed to next?

Only some EB got an extremely small quantity (1 or 2) on Friday. Everyone, including BB, is expecting in store and online shipments this week.

This is what's on the Canadian Reddit, anyway

Top Bottom