• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Anth0ny

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay got mewtwo

second favorite pokemon of all times <3

all that's left now of the smash line is ryu, roy and cloud.

Renewed

I can see Mewtwo and Charizard just fine.

iMmRmdY.png

TXIqNvV.png

Brofield

I did the math on Twilight Princess HD...it's cheaper to buy it from GameStop online than it is through Amazon, and that's with the currency conversion.

USD $59.99 + $14.99 Int'l Shipping puts it at $74.98...which equals about $99.71 Canadian. At this point I'm only cancelling the pre-order if I can't get it at EB Games in store when I can pick it up on day of release.

I'm debating if I want to get Mewtwo amiibo now or try my luck in stores...

EDIT: Am weak, got Mewtwo. Life is good.

Tapejara

Got MewTwo, Charizard and 30th Anniversary Mario. Also got Little Mac from Best Buy (thanks to Zroid for pointing that out!). Both Little Mac and Dark Pitt are still up on Best Buy's site.

Going to try my luck at EB Games tomorrow and hope I can get Falco.

1GabUp

I did the math on Twilight Princess HD...it's cheaper to buy it from GameStop online than it is through Amazon, and that's with the currency conversion.

USD $59.99 + $14.99 Int'l Shipping puts it at $74.98...which equals about $99.71 Canadian. At this point I'm only cancelling the pre-order if I can't get it at EB Games in store when I can pick it up on day of release.

I'm debating if I want to get Mewtwo amiibo now or try my luck in stores...

EDIT: Am weak, got Mewtwo. Life is good.

Don't forget the customs fees.

zroid

Banned
So I was at TRU and internally debating which 2 to buy along with Mewtwo...

I picked up Tom Nook and Olimar...

then I put down Olimar and picked up Ganondorf...

then I put down Tom Nook and picked up Inkling Boy...

then I bought them and took Ganondorf and Inkling Boy to Best Buy and returned them for the price I paid for them a week or two ago when they were 20% off :lol.

so it was kinda like getting Mewtwo for $7. I'm cool with that. Seems like they only had a few Mewtwos left when I got there but they might've been hiding more in boxes.

kinger

Fuck...I'm probably gonna find out those custom fees after the damn thing ships.

EDIT: Jesus Christ fuck this weak Canadian dollar it comes to $130? I can't fucking win.
That's Amazon's placeholder price, BB has it up for $80.

Got Mewtwo, Greninja, Green Yarn Yoshi and Falco today. Yoshi was free at TRU and I grabbed the last Falco at EB.
They gave you the more expensive one as the free one?

Brofield

That's Amazon's placeholder price, BB has it up for $80.

They gave you the more expensive one as the free one?

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered from Best Buy (and it kept switching to French on me for some reason) but I ordered it there and I'm cancelling the GameStop one.

Tapejara

My local EB didn't have any Falco's left :(. Hopefully I can get one next week.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered from Best Buy (and it kept switching to French on me for some reason) but I ordered it there and I'm cancelling the GameStop one.

This has been happening to me too lately.

dankir

Went to my EB today and they had plenty of Mii Fighter 3 packs and Mewtwos but were out of Falcos.

Checked out BestBuy and they had tons of Mewtwo much more than any other Amiibo I've seen.

I'll get Falco next week and I have the whole series. Just need the DLC characters and I'm done!

Went to my EB today and they had plenty of Mii Fighter 3 packs and Mewtwos but were out of Falcos.

Checked out BestBuy and they had tons of Mewtwo much more than any other Amiibo I've seen.

I'll get Falco next week and I have the whole series. Just need the DLC characters and I'm done!

Congrats! I was about to purchase the last Falco at the EB I went to, but there was a little girl with her dad asking if there were any more. I let them take it.

Wondering if I did the right thing.
I didn't

kinger

Sad that I can't get falco with the B2G1, but hopefully I can use my reward certificates on it next week.

Probably not. I just asked for that to be my third but they probably gave me Mewtwo or Greninja for free.
Oh I see I see. I think the computer automatically adds the promo, so probably.

Awesome (&#65377;•&#768;&#7447;-)&#10023;

zroid

Banned
Apparently it's a 6 day exclusive right?

so what I'm wondering is if it'll be available at TRU on thursday and be eligible for the B2G1 deal?

kinger

Apparently it's a 6 day exclusive right?

so what I'm wondering is if it'll be available at TRU on thursday and be eligible for the B2G1 deal?
I'm hoping, but not optimistic. It's supposed to be exclusive until the 26th (Thursday), and available everywhere else on the 27th (Friday), so TRU would be breaking street date? Though apparently one TRU somewhere was going to be selling them today, but I don't know what ended up happening there.

I've had some credit card mishaps for the entire day, and somehow Little Mac is still up on Best Buy.
Amazingly it's been up for a couple of days now. Either not many people know about it, or there's a lot more stock this time

Sora_N

I'm hoping, but not optimistic. It's supposed to be exclusive until the 26th (Thursday), and available everywhere else on the 27th (Friday), so TRU would be breaking street date? Though apparently one TRU somewhere was going to be selling them today, but I don't know what ended up happening there.

Amazingly it's been up for a couple of days now. Either not many people know about it, or there's a lot more stock this time

People were definitely buying in store. 2 of the 3 sold when I went to BB. Macs

kinger

People were definitely buying in store. 2 of the 3 sold when I went to BB. Macs
It might be a combination of Nintendo actually supplying a good amount of stock, and it seeming like a larger amount since it's all concentrated at one company, being an exclusive restock and all.

I hope the Lucina/Robin restock will be this painless.

Sora_N

It might be a combination of Nintendo actually supplying a good amount of stock, and it seeming like a larger amount since it's all concentrated at one company, being an exclusive restock and all.

I hope the Lucina/Robin restock will be this painless.

It's good that they're restocking stuff at all tbh, now people can pick up what they missed lol.

Ryne

I need that Mega Yarn Yoshi. Last one left after I got the green yoshi.

Will TRU lose the exclusiveness of the mega green yoshi?

Sealtest

So ebgames took my order for falco last week and it was confirmed and everything, I was charged thursday afternoon and was waiting for shipment email. I called today and they said no order exists under that number and that they can't do anything for me besides manually placing an order for something else and them trying to change the SKU to falco and hope it picks it up. Guess i'll wait for someone else to sell them.

c-murph

So ebgames took my order for falco last week and it was confirmed and everything, I was charged thursday afternoon and was waiting for shipment email. I called today and they said no order exists under that number and that they can't do anything for me besides manually placing an order for something else and them trying to change the SKU to falco and hope it picks it up. Guess i'll wait for someone else to sell them.

That sucks. My ebgames Falco and GYY shipped out over the weekend. Just got a letter saying its with Purolator. Should be able to pick it up tonite after 6pm.

Renewed

Woohoo, Purolator shipped Mewtwo while I wasn't home, so off to Vaughan I go... ugh. Why couldn't have it been Canada Post, there's a post office that's a one minute walk away.

I'll be trying to keep an eye out for Falco but I don't think I'll care enough to get it after falling for the Woolly Curse... now I need more.

Brofield

Mewtwo came in the mail this morning. Feels so good. But now it feels weird that now I finally might be coming to an end of my Amiibo collecting days. Shovel Knight, Ryu, Cloud, and Wolf Link are all I anticipate myself getting in the future. The only ones I want now that are currently released are Samus, Pikachu and Dr. Mario (maybe Smash Luigi?), but with each passing day I feel I've topped out at whatever I'm missing and feel like I'm tapping out for the long term foreseeable future.

Mewtwo came in the mail this morning. Feels so good. But now it feels weird that now I finally might be coming to an end of my Amiibo collecting days. Shovel Knight, Ryu, Cloud, and Wolf Link are all I anticipate myself getting in the future. The only ones I want now that are currently released are Samus, Pikachu and Dr. Mario (maybe Smash Luigi?), but with each passing day I feel I've topped out at whatever I'm missing and feel like I'm tapping out for the long term foreseeable future.

There's still the December broadcast, and the possibility that a few new characters will be revealed.

But yeah, the major slog has come and passed. Almost all of the Smash amiibo have been released.

Top Bottom