• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Crystal Xbox Owners: Dumb Q

BenT

Just ordered mine. So a question.

Do the Crimson Skies and Fable bundled with Crystal Xbox come in one package/on one disc, in their normal retail packages, or something else?

Yes, I am aware of how pointless this query is. Humor the silly collector. ^_^

Spike

Just want to add one other question to this:

Is it true that the Crystal Xbox has the Thompson drive only?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
and yet another q...

this canadian xbox is the same as the us one right? anywhere to order online?

BenT

Outside of Amazon.ca, I'm not aware of any Canadian game e-tailer that ships consoles to the U.S. Amazon, however, does not carry Crystal Xbox. I emailed them asking.

Two sites that do carry it are BestBuy.ca and Futureshop.ca. I ordered from the latter (free shipping), and gave them the delivery addy of a Canadian bud who will then send it down to me in the States.

The Canadian Xbox will have no problems running NTSC US games. The only thing I have the slightest doubt about is Xbox Live, but I'm 99% sure that'll work fine too.

Tsubaki

BenT said:
Outside of Amazon.ca, I'm not aware of any Canadian game e-tailer that ships consoles to the U.S.

Try checking out of Amazon.ca with a video game or console in your cart. If you are shipping to a US address, they will stop you. Amazon.jp does that. Heck, I know of someone who lives in Puerto Rico, a US-territory, and Amazon.com blocks shipping to there too.

I don't understand why they only restrict games/software.

segasonic

Spike said:
Just want to add one other question to this:

Is it true that the Crystal Xbox has the Thompson drive only?

My PAL Crystal (Made in China) has a Phillips, don't know about the American ones

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Tsubaki said:
Try checking out of Amazon.ca with a video game or console in your cart. If you are shipping to a US address, they will stop you. Amazon.jp does that. Heck, I know of someone who lives in Puerto Rico, a US-territory, and Amazon.com blocks shipping to there too.

I don't understand why they only restrict games/software.

thats a bummer. i need a new xbox for live now, and figured a crystal one would be sweet. oh well

Top Bottom