• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

Future Shop is giving $10 video game credit for June for anything over $19.99, and Toys R Us has a deal where you can save $15 on any "Super Mario 3DS game" if bought with DKCR3D. I'm not sure exactly which games are included in the Toys R Us deal, it seems like a safe assumption it's at least SM3DL and NSMB2

Hmm, neither really stands out too much to me. I don't buy many games these days, so i doubt I'd use the FS one and I already own SM3DL

vulva

Oh come on, NSMB2 isn't that bad :p I think it's worth it.

I'm sure it's not bad, but I honestly don't think I'd play it haha. I don't spend a lot of time gaming lately so spending 20 bucks on something I don't want (or however much NSMB2 will cost) isn't exactly a selling point

Sora_N

I bought some of those wraps, pretty good. I think all 3 tastes are worth trying, but the bacon one is a little plain. I think Fiesta was the most interesting, as I'm already familiar with the sweet and spicy one's sauce.

I wouldn't pay $5 for these and I don't think most people would too, lol.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I just want to share this. I was in EB Games today, and someone asked if they could pre-order the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle. They couldn't, of course, because it's exclusive to Best Buy. Best Buy actually has pre-order cards for the bundle, so maybe it's not gonna be as rare as the Pikachu XL? Just wanting to post this so those interested can try and secure a bundle. :)

L Thammy

So Doritos aren't gaming but McDonald's is? I'm on to you guys.

I suppose this isn't a deal, but I saw a copy of Sakura Wars for Wii in the Gamespot outside the Eaton Centre. I thought it was $12.99, but it might have been $19.99 judging by their website.
They also have two copies of Super Robot Wars Original Generation for the GBA, box and all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Here's hoping Futureshop's save $20 per game E3 promo returns. The Best Buy promo is similar but instant savings beat RWZ points which expire and pressure you into buying stuff you may not necessarily want.

Sora_N

So Doritos aren't gaming but McDonald's is? I'm on to you guys.

I suppose this isn't a deal, but I saw a copy of Sakura Wars for Wii in the Gamespot outside the Eaton Centre. I thought it was $12.99, but it might have been $19.99 judging website.
They also have two copies of Super Robot Wars Original Generation for the GBA, box and all.

Damn, SRWOG, there's one eb here that still sells random gba games but they are all crap.

MarkusRJR

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I just want to share this. I was in EB Games today, and someone asked if they could pre-order the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle. They couldn't, of course, because it's exclusive to Best Buy. Best Buy actually has pre-order cards for the bundle, so maybe it's not gonna be as rare as the Pikachu XL? Just wanting to post this so those interested can try and secure a bundle. :)
Where are these pre-order cards? Would they be in the 3DS section of the Best Buy or at the front counter?

Tiktaalik

I got a big tax rebate and man does it make me want to finally pick up a Wii U. I have to wonder though if there's a price drop possibility coming at E3. Does anyone know of the price protection policies of various stores? I'm wondering if I should just buy now and hold onto my receipt in case the price changes after E3?

Also any good deals on Wii U + games or PS Vita anywhere?

Samyy

I got a big tax rebate and man does it make me want to finally pick up a Wii U. I have to wonder though if there's a price drop possibility coming at E3. Does anyone know of the price protection policies of various stores? I'm wondering if I should just buy now and hold onto my receipt in case the price changes after E3?

Yea I would just wait, there was or still may be a promotion on Vitas at EB where you get 50 dollars off but it may just be hinting at the pricedrop.

Kazerei

Banned

Wii U basic is $279.99 with $50 gift card at Shoppers Drug Mart this week. Unfortunately, the 20x points event was yesterday only.

PS Vita Wi-Fi system is $199.99 at EBGames.ca when you use the promo code PSVSAVE50.

Ondore

FutureShop and Best Buy have 30-day price protection in place from time of purchase. I'm going in on a WiiU just before for that reason - if they announce a drop either in the June 11 Direct or in one a couple of weeks later, I'm set.

iphys

Wii U basic is $279.99 with $50 gift card at Shoppers Drug Mart this week. Unfortunately, the 20x points event was yesterday only.

PS Vita Wi-Fi system is $199.99 at EBGames.ca when you use the promo code PSVSAVE50.

If you can find a Shoppers with a Basic still in stock, they're doing another 20x on Tuesday with coupon:

Shoppers:
http://images.email.shoppersoptimum..._May/Coupon_20x_May28/SE.pdf?Category=Optimum

Pharmaprix:
http://images.email.shoppersoptimum..._May/Coupon_20x_May28/PF.pdf?Category=Optimum

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Really dry deals on Wii-U games, we need more deals!

zroid

Banned
Just let me use tsilon E3 codes to pre-order MarioU, X, SMTxFE, TW101, Bayo2, and Yarn Yoshi, and I'll be set for Wii U deals! :D

edit: Xillia Collector's Edition is listed on Best Buy, I noticed. Sold out, however...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It'd be swell if FS did another $20 Wii U game like what they did for that Sonic Racer.

Do it for TTT2... and NG3:RE >_>

Just let me use tsilon E3 codes to pre-order MarioU, X, SMTxFE, TW101, Bayo2, and Yarn Yoshi, and I'll be set for Wii U deals! :D

edit: Xillia Collector's Edition is listed on Best Buy, I noticed. Sold out, however...

Sonic Colors $10 NEW, pre-order X, get sonic, and then cancel pre-order, GO!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...08c749f235873ea080655a6en02&SearchPageIndex=1

frequency

Does anyone know how the "Pre-order and get $10 off a purchase in June" thing works? I bought 2 games (both have shipped) with that promotion. Was I supposed to have gotten emaiils with the codes?

I didn't see this posted but Futureshop is going to have the same "$50 off Sony wireless headphones" promo as BestBuy for ordering The Last of Us. I ended up canceling my $20 off E3 order and reordered with the tsilon code.

I didn't see this posted but Futureshop is going to have the same "$50 off Sony wireless headphones" promo as BestBuy for ordering The Last of Us. I ended up canceling my $20 off E3 order and reordered with the tsilon code.

Is this a coupon or do you need to order both at the same time.

Saw the Madden Vita bundle for $199.99 at London Drugs this weekend. Not a bad deal.

I was actually pretty surprised, they had a decent sized shelf of video game stuff there. Prices weren't awful either.

AAK

On the futureshop flier it has a picture of Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution. It says under it $49.99 package. Does that mean you can get both for $25/each? Or is it a misprint?

zroid

Banned
Hmm would have bought it if it were $40. I would pay $25 for Tomb Raider and $15 for Hitman.

edit: speaking of Tomb Raider, Chapters.ca has the Limited Edition (hardcover) guide for $20 ($18.15 for members) here: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/...ited-edition-strategy/9780744014617-item.html

--

in other news, I finally blasted through MGR this weekend so I could trade it in today. Fun game, but I found it pretty tough in parts. I was playing on 'Hard' though. The second major boss and the final boss are just wat. The dialogue is pretty hilarious; 8-4 is da best.

Sora_N

Does the TR/HItman set come with separate retail cases/discs? Such an odd deal, lol. It looks like Hitman is actually only 20 bucks now so not worth it unless you actually wanted that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, can you buy the points with a Canadian card? I saw that they only took US billing addresses, so I didn't bother going through with it...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to order with Paypal, only to get the order cancelled and my Microsoft Store account locked. I REALLY hope this won't affect my Xbox Live account, since it uses the same e-mail adress... Argh. Some canadians in the thread ordered successfully, so try at your own risk.

Vamphuntr

Yeah, can you buy the points with a Canadian card? I saw that they only took US billing addresses, so I didn't bother going through with it...

I used Paypal and it worked for me. Bought only 2 and got the codes. I think if you really try to abuse it they might lock your account.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I used Paypal and it worked for me. Bought only 2 and got the codes. I think if you really try to abuse it they might lock your account.

I just tried to order 1 and they locked mine. I wonder what happened...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I ordered 3, but have received none of my codes.. and there's nothing in my order history or my email, used my Canadian Paypal too.

Really don't know what to do, don't really think I should risk ordering more. :/

Sajjaja

Anyone have experience opening a Netflix US account? Do you have to do any proxy/whatever you need anymore?

Well, if you already have a Canadian Netflix account, you can use Mediahint on Firefox and Chrome to get American Netflix, or if you have it on a SMART device or a gaming console, you can change the DNS settings and you can get American Netflix.

Otherwise, I don't know how to open an American Netflix account.

Sora_N

Well, if you already have a Canadian Netflix account, you can use Mediahint on Firefox and Chrome to get American Netflix, or if you have it on a SMART device or a gaming console, you can change the DNS settings and you can get American Netflix.

I wasn't aware that you didn't have to make a US account, great. Thanks! :)

isny

napkin dispenser

Canadian and American accounts are the same thing, essentially, besides the difference in being able to have discs shipped to you if you live in the U.S.

Also, new thread incoming in what, five posts? Have we decided on a thread title yet? Pillows? Penniless? etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom